Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws (2644 Views)

Tinubu Applied To Chicago University As Male – CSU Registrar Tells Court / Atiku Is Not A Decent Man For Dragging Tinubu To Chicago Court - Temitope Ajayi / Fact Check On Rumours Of President Buhari's Replacememt By An Impostor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Creeza(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
I am not being biased on this but i've seen news flying on Nairaland where the current CJN described "forfeiture" in a case against ABACHA in 2014

Also this is good because some irredeemable persons are saying according to him Tinubu's case is simple because it was a forfeiture based on "civil neglect" which according to them isn't a crime...

The laws of the state of llinois specifically stipulated otherwise....

2. The tinubu camp says the forfeiture happened more than 30 years ago but fail to realise that a plea bargain and eventual forfeiture of property is simply an alternative after being found guilty and in events of huge amounts of grams the law of Illinois states that the imprisonment or jail term is as long as 15 to 60 years....

Correct me if i am wrong, but a drug case involving money laundering upto the tune of 1.2 million dollars as found in Tinubu's account ( allegedly) isnt proceeds ( allegedly) from little grams of drug or cocaine...

This is no child's joke
Believe me or not, Tinubu's drug case is really a pain in the ass

Verdict: Forfeiture is an alternative punishment for drug crimes involving proceeds or properties from such crimes according to the laws of Chicago.

Source: https://www.srhunterlaw.com/Drug-Crime-Penalties-in-Illinois

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by suckmedownthere(f): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
Men tinubu is in regrets already, he had to fly out to save his face, having drug crimes with the U. S no be joke at all.. You can bribe Nigerians but not Americans....

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Novarisammy2: 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
matters arising.. we will see how the judiciary will handle this peculiar case

13 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Massiveglory: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
PODATTI hit and nailed team tunubu real hard with the drugs matter.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Creeza(m): 2:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
Massiveglory:
PODATTI hit and nailed team tunubu real hard with the drugs matter.
very hard indeed.

Because according to the laws of Chicago, forfeitures related to drug crimes can be fought and those funds recovered by a very seasoned lawyer , although very hard , if the defendant can prove that the arrest and trial were unjust.

But once found guilty its game over. Forfeiture, fines, or even imprisonment will take place

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Faber(m): 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Let's keep watching

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Isobug: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
Exactly ......A chemist shop owner was just arrested on Tuesday by operatives of the EFFC and all the incriminating drugs that was found in his shop was totally confiscated. When he was released on Yesterday, we asked them about the drugs which according to them amounts to 180k, what they told us was that it has been forfeited. That is an evidence in case he was charged to court.
So Forfeiture is an evidence that a crime was committed

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Boomkalakuta: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2023
Helinues come and defend your cocaine addict

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Racoon(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
Hehehe! This Tinubu Chicago heroin-drug case, Widespread electoral irregularities(including failure to use BVAS, IREV, electronic transmission of election results, voter intimidation and electoral violence by APC thugs etc ), 25% FCT, and ineligibility of Tinubu to contest are nitty gritty issues.

Guess the APC never thought this were the angle the heat will be coming from. Now they got their ass being fried while a legal precedence will be set.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Racoon(m): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
Boomkalakuta:
Helinues come and defend your cocaine addict
Add Sarrki, Afamed, Ihordspy,Seunmsg, Eriggs, NLpoliceman, and NgeneUkwenu

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by babyfaceafrica: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
We will see what the courts say. Nothing is straight in legal terms.
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Boomkalakuta: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
Racoon:
Add Sarrki, Afamed, Ihordspy,Seunmsg, Eriggs, NLpoliceman, and NgeneUkwenu

Abdul05, IyaebeTheGreat

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by NaijaSumigan: 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
Buhari can't dare hand over to a criminal. It's never possible. He dare not

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by 00FFT00(m): 2:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
Again, Tinubu was indicted for drug related offenses. Specifically, laundering the proceeds of, importation and distribution of white heroin from southeast Asia using Nigerian mules.
He copped a plea bargain and ratted on his associates.
In return, he was let off the hook with lesser charges. This is standard practice.

How do I know?. As a former resident of Chicago's Northside, this is common knowledge for anyone who straddled the streets of the windy city back in the day.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by NaijaSumigan: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
00FFT00:
Again, Tinubu was indicted for drug relted offenses.
In return, he was let off the hook with lesser charges. This is standard practice.

How do I know?. As a former resident of Chicago's Northside, this is common knowledge for anyone who straddled the streets of the windy city back in the day.

Read all you type again and think like a thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by KanwuliaExtra: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
Leave am!
He don fooool ijjjiots and illiterates all over SW and the Core North like him for over 30 years. . . .now the can of worms are open for the world to see and smell. grin
I am soooooo enjoying this.
Any dingbat knows that a criminal forfeiture is as good as being sentenced for a crime and punisment awarded in lieu of a prison sentence.

YES! It is a conviction.❤💕🌹

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by PointB: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
Op,

Leave them let them continue playing with words as if they cannot read.

The attached is from the case file.

You can see clearly in paragraph two when the document stated that[b] 'criminal activity'[/b] was the cause of the forfeiture.

Let them keep fooling themselves.

Maybe they are reading criminal activity as criminal inactivity. I just don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by 00FFT00(m): 2:43pm On Mar 24, 2023
NaijaSumigan:

?
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Creeza(m): 2:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
NaijaSumigan:

he is right... Tinubu ratted on his associates as per say which let him off the hook if not na jail time he for end and nothing less than 15 years

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Racoon(m): 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
PointB:
Op! Leave them let them continue playing with words as if they cannot read.The attached is from the case file.You can see clearly in paragraph two when the document stated that[b] 'criminal activity'[/b] was the cause of the forfeiture.

Let them keep fooling themselves.Maybe they are reading criminal activity as criminal inactivity. I just don't understand.
Meaning there can never be a forfeiture until there is a crime or criminal intent. Tinubu is in a big shit.The biggest lie and insult to the sensibility of Nigerians is the senseless attempt by Festus Keyamo and Femi Fani-Kayode to call the $460,000 Heroin-drug forfeiture as tax payment.You can defend anything APC without sounding foolish, stupid, or senseless.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by helinues: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
Kindergarten analysis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Boomkalakuta: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Creeza:
he is right... Tinubu ratted on his associates aa per say which let him off the hook if not na jail time e for end and nothing less than 15 years

Normally if the cartel was still active them suppose don kill am for snitching

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Boomkalakuta: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:
Kindergarten analysis

Accommodating landlord
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by franchasofficia: 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
00FFT00:
Again, Tinubu was indicted for drug related offenses. Specifically, laundering the proceeds of, importation and distribution of white heroin from southeast Asia using Nigerian mules.

Tinubu people know all these but chose not to know because it is Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Creeza(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:
Kindergarten analysis
you that know more than lawyers in Chicago...analyse it for us oga and state facts with verifiable proofs

Dont ever jump on any of my threads to comment stupid things this man... You know me i am not like others

I respect you as much right from way back so please let that mutual respect transcend to all our dealings here on this platform

1 Like

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Creeza(m): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

Normally if the cartel was still active them suppose don kill am for snitching
his supposed " flat mates " decided to just let him be i guess
since they now live with him ( allegedly) in Lagos

(sic) the Lebanese tenants

This is very much up for debate
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by helinues: 3:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Creeza:
you that know more than lawyers in Chicago...analyse it for us oga and state facts with verifiable proofs

Dont ever jump on any of my threads to comment stupid things this man... You know me i am not like others

I respect you as much right from way back so please let that mutual respect transcend to all our dealings here on this platform

Another bunkum ranting

Are the witnesses in the case listed on Obi's petition?

Obi should stop insulting the intelligent of his supporters. He went to court not how he won the election but was looking for disqualification of the winner because he Obi has nothing to proof regarding the stolen mandate .

I hope Obi's thinking faculty have not been stolen sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Boomkalakuta: 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
Creeza:
his supposed " flat mates " decided to just let him be i guess
since they now live with him ( allegedly) in Lagos

(sic) the Lebanese tenants

This is very much up for debate

That Lebanese eko hotels guy no clear me for eyes
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by Boomkalakuta: 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:

Another bunkum ranting

Go and bath
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by PointB: 3:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
Racoon:
Meaning there can never be a forfeiture until there is a crime or criminal intent. Tinubu is in a big shit.The biggest lie and insult to the sensibility of Nigerians is the senseless attempt by Festus Keyamo and Femi Fani-Kayode to call the $460,000 Heroin-drug forfeiture as tax payment.You can defend anything APC without sounding foolish, stupid, or senseless.

The document clearly called him a Defendant? What could he be defending? Or was he a member of Super Eagle team?

The criminal was a defendant in a criminal case - no more no less. And he was found cupable of crime. Keyamo and co are either plain ignorant, or just 'doing their job.'

The only way out is if the court choose not to admit the evidence. If the court admits the evidence, they are toast. If the court choose not to admit the evidence, then they should release all prisoners in Nigeria, and overlook all other crimes. We have no need for law, lawyers, and judges. No need for Police and NDLEA. And no need to scan people for drugs at the airports.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by helinues: 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
Boomkalakuta:

Go and bath

When would you ever make sensible comments on this forum?

This week? Next week or never in your life time?
Re: Tinubu: Fact Check On " Forfeiture" According To Chicago laws by BaddestQueen(f): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
helinues:

Another bunkum ranting

Are the witnesses in the case listed on Obi's petition?

Obi should stop insulting the intelligent of his supporters. He went to court not how he won the election but was looking for disqualification of the winner because he Obi has nothing to proof regarding the stolen mandate .

I hope Obi's thinking faculty have not been stolen sha
as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje ooo
as e dey pain you ooo
e dey sweet me baje baje
as e dey pain gan gan
e dey sweet me baje baje
Tinubu urchins oo are Drugnified oooo

Hahahahahaha nice song

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Installed As Traditional Ruler, Promises Development / FULL LIST: Nigerian States By GDP / Who Are The Real Lagosians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.