Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. (16665 Views)

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Voter Apathy Marks Start Of Lagos East Senatorial Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by NothingDoMe: 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I voted in Lagos, but moments later, APC thugs arrived. They said baale asked everyone to stop voting and fight broke out. They destroyed our votes. Police looked on, and I gradually returned to my house.

Nigeria's situation is a hopeless one. We need to study the usefulness of police in elections because they are utterly useless.
Nigerian police are the new polictial statues. The mascot of see no evil, hear no evil.

6 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by toogbasky(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
result wen dem don write, still depressed about Presidential election result

6 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by gift2xl: 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
It's a waste of time, democracy and voters ID in Nigeria is a scam.

5 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by pikechukwu6(m): 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
when the selection process is ongoing undecided

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by OnlySmartHustler(m): 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
I voted oh. So that heaven and earth will bear me witness i wanted a positive change but was denied it. Everything about nigeria is tiring

3 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
because THE RESULT IS THERE ALREADY sadfrom inec body language angry

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by BreconHills(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jflex07:
You are an idiot . No sane human should ever support a tinubu presidency.

Why do you guys insult everyone that votes differently. No doubt you are a member of the LP Nazi party.

7 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by NothingDoMe: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people.

It isn't necessarily through a ballot.

The indigenous people chose their Governors today with sticks, machetes and bullets. Kudos to the people!
Iyaebe rest.

3 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Antai123(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
There is nothing good about this administration, please why did APC government stopped old naira note from circulation, and why are they reintroducing it again?. Has the purpose been achieved??, I'm just trying to check if APC supporters are not just mad!.

4 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Jokerman(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
See how Seyi Mskinde won flawlessly. Everyone voted for him - Yorubas, Foundational Yorubas, Original Oyo people, Igbos, Hausas, Tiv, Efik and whatever tribe is resident in the state.

If you govern well, you won't need violence and tribal bigotry to win election.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by upower123(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
#
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Paramount01(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jflex07:

Because he prefers Tinubu as second choice.Kai!

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Eriokanmi: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
I voted and we declared my PU for LP like we did on the 25th Feb. Nothing like voter apathy here. More shocking results are coming from Alimosho. I told them already that those living outside lagos wanted to dictate to us whom we should vote would be disappointed. Orisirisi smiley

3 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by otuomasirichi: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Nonsense question. After what Buhari, Tinubu and INEC chairman did during the presidential election, and you still expect people to vote again, when you know their votes will not count. Nigeria is gone to the dogs sad

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by chatinent: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Isn't it obvious what Nigeria is?

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Angelfrost(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
It would be an eternal national disgrace if Wike doesn't get punished for that atrocious tampering.

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by lereinter(m): 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2023
I could not vote for a g5 governor
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Our votes don't count
Today I went to my polling unit only to find out that the 4 party agents are all the same Agberos that sell tickets for keke people in my street.

I didn't vote because I know they are fake agents undecided

4 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by chaloskyx: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Relax all would be well one thing is certain Nigerians would continue to suffer its in their DNA to serve their oppressors they have never tasted good governance so they would rather stick to what they are used to than risk the unknown so let the rich continue to thrive and the poor kiss their heels the only way out of this is to become rich and rule over the unfortunate illiterate poor who are nothing but our slaves to elevate us to power and wealth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ufotunang: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
I did not vote because votes do not count...

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Jagabanofafrica: 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
Jflex07:

Useless IPOB member, u have started ur nonsense again. So he does not have right to pick his candidate again.

4 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
The sacrifice I made during the presidential election does not worth it with INEC daylight vote robbery
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Tallesty1(m): 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
I voted.

I got there and the vote buyers for APC and PDP were begging me to vote for their candidates, told them I wasn't there for governorship election since my party has no candidate here.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Wainey: 8:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
N2B2:

Make no mistake: the election was rigged.

Also keep in mind that, the moment you chose not to exercise your right to vote, the riggers won. They hoped to disenfranchise you enough to no longer believe your vote is valuable; that makes it easier for them to rig.

Nigeria will get there. It may not be today, but the country will get there one day.
Oga rest, the one weh we vote, Inec change am just like the way Jesus change water to wine
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:22pm On Mar 18, 2023
Biafrans had spoken very loud today.

We are not interested in Nigeria corrupt electoral organizers anymore in Biafra territory.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by AdaojoTheUrchin: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I voted in Lagos, but moments later, APC thugs arrived. They said baale asked everyone to stop voting and fight broke out. They destroyed our votes. Police looked on, and I quietly returned to my house.

Nigeria's situation is a hopeless one. We need to study the usefulness of police in elections because they are utterly useless.

Thiefnubuu's people are anti-democratic, whenever they open their big mouths and call themselves 'democrats','activists' they look like clowns..🤡🤡

I think the military should step in if the Judiciary is too cowardly to do what is right. Tinubu and his urchins have no right to benefit from democracy after denying people the right to vote.

I want to see how big their mouths will be when they start agitating and forming forming fake pro-democracy group against the military.

Now I see why the military always did what it did in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by qaztun4real: 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
The presidential election that I perform my civic responsibility,. I realized that is not Worth it, in terms of stress, trick and time that I spent.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by jamesbridget13(f): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
I saw no need to. Nothing more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by clerkent(m): 8:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Because truth be told our vote don't count.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Annahh(f): 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
This country tire me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DHQ, NAF Mum Over Indian Fugitive Cleric’s Fraternity With Personnel / Doyin Okupe Retracts His Statement Against Atiku / IPOB: Tony Momoh 'Buhari Can't Dialogue With Those Calling Him A Dead Man'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.