Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. (16686 Views)

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Voter Apathy Marks Start Of Lagos East Senatorial Bye-Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by gfelo(m): 8:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
because our vote don't count
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Vyzz: 8:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
LadySarah:
Thats bull.shit!
I voted for Otti of Abia today.
We mist get it right and we need the structure.

Lovely, Abia most be great again..

I voted YPP..

Anything but pdp
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by BuiltforTruth1: 8:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Democracy is Overrated. ARMY take Over Please
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Nefort: 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wainey:
Na Peter Obi be presidential material abi?
Why am I even replying, it's obvious you are frustrated that Obi lost.
Take heart
The educated ones excluding yourself knows that Peter Obi is 10000 times better than Tinubu in character, knowledge, health and capacity to provide good leadership.

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Jostoman: 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I voted in Lagos, but moments later, APC thugs arrived. They said baale asked everyone to stop voting and fight broke out. They destroyed our votes. Police looked on, and I quietly returned to my house.

Nigeria's situation is a hopeless one. We need to study the usefulness of police in elections because they are utterly useless.
most especially in Lagos.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Wainey: 9:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
Nefort:

The educated ones excluding yourself knows that Peter Obi is 10000 times better than Tinubu in character, knowledge, health and capacity to provide good leadership.
ehn, na wa o.
I no know say Obi lost deh pepper you for body like this.
Oya sorry, after Tinubu finish 8years, another northern candidate take over and do another 8years, then we may consider Obi in 2039...

That is if he is not dead yet.

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Jefferyhi86(m): 9:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
See questions wen I de try work on my form A
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by hartson(m): 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2023
Bar1941:
I am very proud of my Yoruba heritage despite the low turnout elsewhere, our people turned out in mass to vote in Lagos and eventually showed LAGOS IS NOT A NO MAN'S LAND..

The Yorubas are hospitable and accommodating, but the moment that hospitality is taken for stupidity, we will show you the stuff we are made of.

Now the issue of Lagos is a no man's land should go to the dustbin, let every law abiding citizen go about their businesses peacefully. Anyone that wants to foment trouble can go ahead.
Which stuff is a typical ofe mmanu man is made of,sometimes I laugh when a yourobber make claims,just as one was shouting and bragging that he will fight me last week.I quietly loaded him 50kg worth of slap 3x then he lay flat on the ground.ejoor! ejoor!! ejoor!!! rented the air as I waited for him to get up let me load him another 50kg slap to complete it 100kg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Biggeststar01: 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
Because I live in Lagos and I'm less concerned about the state.

I'm planning to move abroad
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Bahamas95(m): 9:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
Its a total waste of time, Nigeria is a cursed country.

Election in Nigeria should be scrapped, the senate should just appoint those they want instead of wasting our time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by mauchiz: 9:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
Antai123:
There is nothing good about this administration, please why did APC government stopped old naira note from circulation, and why are they reintroducing it again?. Has the purpose been achieved??, I'm just trying to check if APC supporters are not just mad!.
Not only mad, they should be in psychiatric hospital.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Osobi32(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
I weep when I see promising young men helping old fools rig election. The 2023 election is the worst I have witnessed, the hate, the tribal war, the unnecessary violence and killings just to win an election? For the first time in my life am feeling so ashamed to be a Nigerian. Inec have no idea what they have done to the ordinary Nigerians.... I wonder if they will be able to redeem their image.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by omoharry(f): 9:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
I didn't border to vote today because INEC is compromised already...I was deeply affected by the last election after suffering to Vote. I don't see Nigeria changing for good any time soon.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Kyra1(f): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
14 polling units in my ward but none of us were able to vote today after I traveled home just to vote. From one wahala to the other. It's a long story.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Evergreen4(m): 9:29pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thugs chased us away and scattered my polling unit in Lagos and it was a similar situation in all the polling units in my ward. I had to go home without voting
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by rezzy: 9:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
I dont have transport fare to go to my parents place.

I didn't transfer my card to my new location
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Okarakwu: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
But he never said anything about Biafra ...are you saying Atiku is also Biafra ?
Wainey:
Are you aware this is democracy and not Biafran-cracy?
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by boldtruthalways: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wainey:
For me, I lost the interest to go out and vote not because Tinubu won.
No, he was the second candidate who I preferred after Atiku and I somehow believed he will win.

The election across the federation was full of tension, the rivalry was interesting and the results shows that oppositions fought well and Tinubu's victory wouldn't have made me lost interest but then it was Rivers state results that demoralized me.
Everyone here in Rivers State knows that the state is a battle ground for PDP and LP but that isn't what happened.
Infact if not for Rivers state results, the presidential election won't look like it was rigged and we would have had hope in our electoral system but Rivers state was just a hope killer.
Wike made it obvious that he rigged it just to pepper Atiku but what he did was to pepper a greater percentage of Nigerians.
I actually voted Sha after much persuasions from people.
You are part of Nigeria's problem....a monkey. Tinubu is your 2nd choice after Atiku and Wicked Wike rigged Rivers. Who won Rivers State and who won the election? Mumu man. You support incompetent mofos and still want a better Nigeria. No hope for you...so go and suffer more.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by izunnandidi: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
To me, I burnt my voters card after the presidential election was rigged....
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Anonymoususher: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
I voted.
Initially I lost interest to vote so I just went out to see my fiancee. While with her, her dad stepped out that he was going to vote and I said, Ahh daddy so after everything that happened on 25th you still want to waste time voting in this country.

The man said my dear, we have to keep trying. It's you people that are still young that I am sorry for because my generation will soon go and leave the mess for you guys to fix. He went out with his wife.

Immediately they left I called my fellow Obi-dient friend and he said he has voted. Time was already 1:45pm barely 15mins before they close polls. Luckily my PU is just right there in the street (I lived in same street before I relocated and I didn't change my PU).

I checked my wallet, brought out my pvc and went straight to vote. It didn't take up to 3mins with the accreditation and voting.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Omolomo4eva(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
I voted. I voted GRV
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ebenholer2(m): 9:47pm On Mar 18, 2023
I DID NOT VOTE BECAUSE THOSE CONTESTING IN LAGOS IN ALL PARTIES SEEM USELESS TO ME. MY ONLY MAN KAKO AARE HAS WITHOUT REASON REFUSED TO CONTEST FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION IF NOT I SHOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HIM
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by okooloyun1(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
RealLordZeus:
Folarin of APC and Makinde of PDP doesn't entice me..I could have voted Adelabu of accord, but I don't vote losers and I know he doesn't stand a chance
The same reason I decided not to stress myself today.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by obinna58(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Voting is a waste of my precious time
The people are more of problems than the leaders which gives the leaders even more advantage to continue to destroy us
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ashawopikin(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Well, I voted in Lagos, but moments later, APC thugs arrived. They said baale asked everyone to stop voting and fight broke out. They destroyed our votes. Police looked on, and I quietly returned to my house.

Nigeria's situation is a hopeless one. We need to study the usefulness of police in elections because they are utterly useless.
only a so call cosmopolitan state as Lagos, thats full of educated, sophisticated people, are being controlled by uneducated thugs
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by ozo13(m): 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
Valentinooo:
I was disappointed with the outcome of the presidential election. I thought INEC was ready. I had a renewed hope in Nigeria with the introduction of the BVAS and IREV thing, only for INEC to fall hand.
the iREV challenge INEC had isn't a good one but u got agents in all the polling unit and am sure u also have situation room where u monitor things from and also collate results that ur agents across the country sent to you.those are like second option or primary place to built a case from in the law court.
I thinks it's one of the best election we had base on the outcome in different states where most governors could not help themselves to even win ordinary senatorial seat after governing 3 senatorial zones in their states.it was very challenging to the governors and they are now aware we Nigerians can determine their fate in any election

2 Likes

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by 9jaRealist: 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2023
N3TRAL:
Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people according to Abraham Lincoln.

It isn't necessarily through a ballot paper or a voters card.

The indigenous people chose their Governors today with sticks, machetes and bullets across Nigeria.
In some communities there were chants of war songs and in other communities the rhythm came from heavy footsteps fleeing polling units with the speed of a horse.

It's Africa's version of democracy and I'm elated by the adventure that played before my screen. I couldn't ascertain my safety so I enjoyed the process from home.

Nigerians, lift your heads up high! You have tried as a people. Kudos to the people!

Please tell us that you’re being sarcastic…
As this is the sort of CRASS PRIMITIVE MINDSET that confines Nigeria to the DESERVED status of Dark Ages s/hole! embarassed

Meanwhile, a nation like Ghana just down the coast keeps serially choosing its leaders through peaceful balloting…
The outcome is that scores of Nigerians are “japa-ing” to the same Ghana which used to have a lot of citizens in exile in Nigeria! SMH
>
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by 9jaRealist: 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

Sadly, that was an experience shared by so many voters in Lagos today…smh angry
>
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by xest(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
I lost interest in the Nigerian electoral process. It's incompetent and full of irregularities.
The people's choice are not respected, it's irrelevant to go out there and stress yourself out , afterwards the electoral body select who to give.
Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Wainey: 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
boldtruthalways:

You are part of Nigeria's problem....a monkey. Tinubu is your 2nd choice after Atiku and Wicked Wike rigged Rivers. Who won Rivers State and who won the election? Mumu man. You support incompetent mofos and still want a better Nigeria. No hope for you...so go and suffer more.
I know say na Obi losing deh pepper you for body like this, I know that feeling.

Take heart.

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Goldymafia: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
Wainey:
For me, I lost the interest to go out and vote not because Tinubu won.
No, he was the second candidate who I preferred after Atiku and I somehow believed he will win.

The election across the federation was full of tension, the rivalry was interesting and the results shows that oppositions fought well and Tinubu's victory wouldn't have made me lost interest but then it was Rivers state results that demoralized me.
Everyone here in Rivers State knows that the state is a battle ground for PDP and LP but that isn't what happened.
Infact if not for Rivers state results, the presidential election won't look like it was rigged and we would have had hope in our electoral system but Rivers state was just a hope killer.
Wike made it obvious that he rigged it just to pepper Atiku but what he did was to pepper a greater percentage of Nigerians.
I actually voted Sha after much persuasions from people.
I didn't vote today cus am a tech person...I can't imagine myself going to pooling unit, pick a paper....look for ink, thumb print and fold inside a bucket ..in a 21st century pls....when Nigeria can use technology in voting then I will guarantee my vote count...I stayed in my house played PS...did some coding and sleep peacefully....we are too local for a country....jes

1 Like

Re: Voter Apathy: Why Didn't You Vote In Today's Election. by Uchedizzy(f): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
I didnt vote cos nigeria matter don tire me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Commissions Schools, Roads, Health Centres, Etc. / PHOTOS: President Buhari Returns From Jordan / Sanwo-olu Appoints Jubril Gawat As His Senior Special Assistant On New Media.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.