Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. (34700 Views)

Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) / Panic Buying In Kano Ahead Of 7-Day Lockdown / APC Lied! Our Convention Wasn’t Marred With Vote Buying – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by ROYALMAXCLEANER: 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Purefaith:
APC has set this country 10 years backwards

This is so heartbreaking, Nigerians are truly suffering in this hard times.. may God touch the heart of a good samaritan to help you dear

Co-Operates beggars...... Go n work
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by oluwaseyi0: 10:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
BJanta:

But what happens to the votes no paid for. Do they count?

And you think they have a way to separate paid vote from non paid votes

They simply distrupt election where they can buy or buy where they can't disrupt
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by phemocheee(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
I just sent you something light.

Cheers

Elistho:

Access Bank

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by BigIyanga: 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.

Just keep screenshots of your msgs with those who had collected money.. show it to them when they start complaining. It reminds me of MMM pyramid scheme. I had warned friends and families not to invest in it, they thought I was too critical and stupid.. a couple made $$, but a lot them lost their money.. when they started complaining, I would pull out my screenshot slides to show them.. to pepper dem more .. You did the right thing!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by winner37(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
Sha you want criticize government with clear consciences abi , this is how you will missed afternoon flight on a trans to UK and you will keep telling people it was a wrong flight with a wrong pilot... I hope you voted Buhari what has he done ? .. if you wanted to do the right go to INEC OFFICE, let me tell you something do you think INEC OFFICIAL has time to count your vote ? In Nigeria we no the count vote ,we do things base on bride and thugry okay !!

Church mind will not make alot of people to miss heaven ...
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
This OP is a fraudulent liar....He lied to us to recieve 15k from the Gullibles.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by VenExchangee: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Purefaith:

This is so heartbreaking, Nigerians are truly suffering in this hard times.. may God touch the heart of a good samaritan to help you dear

You mean you and you?
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by chaloskyx: 11:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Which extended family every man for himself o my family moved with me so they are covered just keep the flag flying and i dont mock people back home cause i also went through their suffering the only thing is i could no longer continue to cling to hope had to make a way for myself rather than clinging to hopelessness
Kobonaire4:

But your family...extended family will suffer it.

So, don't complain at all, and don;t complain about Nigeria being a bad country...because you have accepted bad leadership.

Those of us who don't are going to keep on fighting or at least being the light that shines in the darkness, even if we are mocked by people like you.

Finally the countries you are relocating to...were once like Nigeriafor years, even centuries. That they are nice enough now is because of the same freedom fighters like us you mock.

Good evening, emigrant.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by eeetuk(m): 11:09pm On Mar 18, 2023
] Elistho"PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you."

100 % true! I will be shocked if PDP doesn't win. In Akwa ibom state, votes cast by citizens have never been used to decide winner and loser. That began in 2007 when Akpabio became governor through fraudulent election. From that time on, Akwa Ibom state governor has been producing under the blessing of a sitting incumbent governor. The problem with this behavior is not about who becomes the governor, but about what that governor does when he gets into the office. As we have seen, Emmanuel Udom leadership is a disaster. Akwa Ibom state has the highest unemployment rate among all age groups. State education lacks proper jobs training in the world. Our drinking water is totally polluted. There has been report of ethnic division in the state.

That is why I was hoping we can move away from PDP leadership. But I was wrong. And it is a shame that citizens of Akwa Ibom state will have to go through this fraudulent regime again. All I can do now is to pray for the survival of our people.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Codes151(m): 11:12pm On Mar 18, 2023
That's your biz
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by OloyeVIII: 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are still very naive about Nigeria politics, that’s why I always tell people to leave the scene if you can’t stand the heat.
This fool!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by eroticecstasy: 11:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.

Akwa ibomites are so daft to vote that albino, he has nothing to offer. His interview was pure rubbish.

Akwa Ibom state poverty is self imposed.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by saintkeppy(m): 11:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Among the 5 major candidates nd parties the only two parties that didn't have the cash to buy votes in Akwa Ibom are lp nd nnpp, pdp, apc nd ypp all bought votes massively. My family has always supported pdp since 2015 but the this yr we all decided to support Akan Udofia of apc but i must say due to what i witnessed at my polling unit today i must say that apc is a disappoinment. They don't knw how to play politics. They're only good at making noise on radio stations nd facebook. I've never loved the party but we just decided to vote 4 Akan Udofia but they disappointed everybody.

So many factions in APC, they are not always serious in elections reasons they suggested to merge together with YPP just like the way they did in helping Senator Akpabio win in his Senatorial District to unseat PDP in the State, but the deal didn't work out.

I voted my conscience, by voting for the Distinguished Senator Bassey Albert of YPP cos he's a better Candidate, but PDP vote buying in my Unit was something I cannot stand to see but defended what the YPP party scored to the end.

Illiteracy in the rural areas is a major problem in the Electoral process of voting, not many independent minded voters compared to the ones in the cities.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by ucheuzor1(m): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
Meti99:
With all the hatred and incitements coming from the people of south eastern Nigeria over elections in another man's land, I begin to see reasons why IPOB is the 10th TERRORIST organisation in the world...

Fear no who no fear Ibos

What has IPOB done exactly. Can you start naming them? Or you just want to be one of the tribalistic persons as usual.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by ubox: 12:01am On Mar 19, 2023
eeetuk:
] Elistho"PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you."

100 % true! I will be shocked if PDP doesn't win. In Akwa ibom state, votes cast by citizens have never been used to decide winner and loser. That began in 2007 when Akpabio became governor through fraudulent election. From that time on, Akwa Ibom state governor has been producing under the blessing of a sitting incumbent governor. The problem with this behavior is not about who becomes the governor, but about what that governor does when he gets into the office. As we have seen, Emmanuel Udom leadership is a disaster. Akwa Ibom state has the highest unemployment rate among all age groups. State education lacks proper jobs training in the world. Our drinking water is totally polluted. There has been report of ethnic division in the state.

That is why I was hoping we can move away from PDP leadership. But I was wrong. And it is a shame that citizens of Akwa Ibom state will have to go through this fraudulent regime again. All I can do now is to pray for the survival of our people.

At this rate, hopefully the national performs well..
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Arewadkiller(f): 12:35am On Mar 19, 2023
GeneralPulal:
So how do we know you’re telling the truth?
Oga Thomas

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by somehow: 12:41am On Mar 19, 2023
foxman04:
You missed on both sides mehn

Whoever still think his/her votes counts in a jungle like nigeria needs to be flogged with matchet

Why buy votes if it doesn't count?

Reason am before you reply.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by somehow: 12:43am On Mar 19, 2023
Purefaith:

Seems you just started voting.

1999 - 2011 was not in any way better.

Infact during 2003 - 2007, results were written and awarded before election.

Ask Obj and Maurice Iwu.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by YoshihideSuga: 12:45am On Mar 19, 2023
Nauttyprof:
The Ibos won't rush to this post and speak of the evil in their states and call their fellow man all sort of names. When it comes to other states, they are quick to call names.

Akwa Ibom isn't an Igbo state. When Igbos lump the south south to the south east, you tribalists say the south south is separate. Now, you categorised Akwa Ibom as an Igbo state. Are Ibibios now Igbos?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by GeneralPulal: 12:55am On Mar 19, 2023
Arewadkiller:
Oga Thomas
Yes
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by AssCraver: 1:09am On Mar 19, 2023
ahnie:
undecided
My husband n I stayed at home, because we felt no need going to vote because of rubbish like this.

Stop telling us about what u and your husband did. Nobody wants to know... You're not the only married female nairalander here

Stop seeking for online validation always

Soon u will tell us the sex style your husband used on u for the week
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by bonnyhope: 1:43am On Mar 19, 2023
GeneralPulal:
So how do we know you’re telling the truth?

What would he benefit if it was a lie

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Karnice600: 2:12am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:

If Hitler was an African, the world would still be weeping today.
- Anon
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by emmaodet: 2:44am On Mar 19, 2023
TOPCRUISE:
Nigerians ought to apologize to General Sanni Abacha of blessed memory. 90 percent of our politicians are far more wicked than him.

Politics is a good but wicked business. A current Governor, Current Senator, honourable will embezzle state funds while he suffer the people under his jurisdiction with wicked hunger and poverty. And when election is tomorrow because he knew they will not vote for him, he will now wave new notes of N5000, N10,000 to each of them and tell them that it will be given to them if they will vote him at their polling unit. His supporters will call the election free and fair. And the cycle continues.

Your first paragraph touched me
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by mu2sa2: 2:48am On Mar 19, 2023
Mindlog:
For every N5K dem collect, dem go pay interest of N500k through inflated contracts, misappropriation of funds, poor healthcare system, nepotism etc
You have said it all. The irony is that even religious leaders are heavily involved in this shenanigans.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Wiseguy97: 2:54am On Mar 19, 2023
Akwa Ibomite are always enlighten to choose their leaders. That's why development will always set in Akwa Ibom back to back. You can challenge me in a public debate I will show you the development stride of Udom Emmanuel. You can challenge me in a public debate.

Oba, the YPP candidate is a top cultists, a convict with bribery, how did you think if elected that foreign investors will trust him and what image will that brings to AK?

Akan, the APC candidate has no direction telling us he want to sell off Ibom Air, this alone won't let anyone vote him. We voted Akpabio as a senator because we want him as the senate president, he can always present well irrespective of the fact that we so much hate Muslim-Muslim ticket.

Umo Eno, has shown his capacity to drive the economic blue print of the state calling it 'the Arise Agenda' with the ability to sustain the peace of the state, the only thing is that his from the PDP and look as if we voted party, the truth is that both Akan and Oba left PDP when they knew they won't win the primary so to Akwaibomite there is no need to talk about party but credibility.
You can't change Akwaibomite conscience with money ask Akpabio when he tried that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 2:54am On Mar 19, 2023
AssCraver:

Stop telling us about what u and your husband did. Nobody wants to know... You're not the only married female nairalander here

Stop seeking for online validation always

Soon u will tell us the sex style your husband used on u for the week

Calm down!
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by toprealman: 3:31am On Mar 19, 2023
Elistho:

5k for 4 years of suffering. Are Nigerians not the cause of their hardship?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Izongdave(m): 3:42am On Mar 19, 2023
omo i ADC guber candidate, turned the ballot papers upside down vote for the House of Assembly and voted LP as I was about leaving the unit, someone signaled to me that I had voted his Party (APC) and told me to approach a certain man, when it got to my turned to collect the cash the lady that was disbursing confused a 2k rap of N200 notes to be 1K and consequently gave me two of the raps... that was how i left disappeared to my house with 4K
Cross River

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 3:46am On Mar 19, 2023
chaloskyx:
Which extended family every man for himself o my family moved with me so they are covered just keep the flag flying and i dont mock people back home cause i also went through their suffering the only thing is i could no longer continue to cling to hope had to make a way for myself rather than clinging to hopelessness

Stop complaining, emigrant. You support the evil that made all the suffering that forced you out possible.

Enjoy what others suffered for. cheesy
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 19, 2023
Kasdat5:

Final judgement is that , our leaders are still sleeping , is there light @ the tunnels end ?? , I'd say NO .. or maybe not yet ..

Well, we can get there by following the prescription of Field Ruwe from Zambia...but the fact is, most of us prefer to sell raw materials and then import what we need.

It is not a matter of leaders sleeping..it is a matter of both leaders and followers realizing that hard choices need to be made, really.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by galantjoe(m): 3:49am On Mar 19, 2023
Your type will die getting nothing. Why you don't collect your own money. Since you have seen that everyone is forced to get money. That ypp man you're fighting, will he share his own money with you if he wins.

People should be street wise.

Anyway thank your God for safe journey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Swears In His Son, Babajide As Agency's DG, Explains Why / Boko-Haram Kills 30 Students In Yobe Boarding School / Is PDP Sharing Mobile Phones As A Campaign Strategy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.