Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. (34724 Views)

Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) / Panic Buying In Kano Ahead Of 7-Day Lockdown / APC Lied! Our Convention Wasn’t Marred With Vote Buying – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by adecz: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
From the sound of your voice🗣️,
it clear you collected the money and
coming on NL to form holy-holy .. 😕😕🙃
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Kasdat5(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Nothing Mandela could have done. Arphateid wrecked the education system for the black majoirty...meaning there was a large mass of undereducated black people by 1994, who had no jobs and no sustainable living, which meant that Mandela had to create a massive welfare program for them...which is why SA is struggling now.

That is why racisim is bad. If the whites when they were in charge had done what China did and invested in vocational and technical education at the very least, instead of the riddiculous restrictive polices they did, by now, SA would have been an industrial powerhouse...and the workshop of the world.

It's their punishment for being stupid . They worship the statue of a White man , but maim a black foreigner .. Africa , I step forward , 3 step backwards.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Matthewdan(m): 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2023
Meti99:
With all the hatred and incitements coming from the people of south eastern Nigeria over elections in another man's land, I begin to see reasons why IPOB is the 10th TERRORIST organisation in the world...

Fear no who no fear Ibos
I'm trying to understand your write-up but i can't.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Kasdat5(m): 9:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
dfrost:

Ooh, most definitely. But then he had done his part.

Doing good for Africans is a waste of time .
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by UnabashedIPOB: 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.

I am sorry to hear your sad story but unfortunately, your participation in the fraudulent election helps perpetuate the criminality and impunity that is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by untainted: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thank you

Elistho:

Elisha
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kasdat5:

It's their punishment for being stupid . They worship the statue of a White man , but maim a black foreigner .. Africa , I step forward , 3 step backwards.

Not exactly. SA had minority white rule based on the way the british set up the union in 1910, and that led to the situation where blacks got limited education aid from goverment.

When Mandela took over, he had no choice but to set up welfare for black people...and this led to South Africa becoming, like most African countries, a resource dependent country. They still have enough industry and commerce to keep them from becoming like us here in Nigeria...but it is declining fast.

The fact is, we all...SA, Nigeria, Cameroon, DR CONGO, Zambia, etc...all have to transition from just selling raw materials to using them to produce goods for the world...like the Chinese, who once upon a time had a per capital GDP less than some African nations...do.

(As for them chasing out blacks...well the problem is, foreign blacks come in and do menial jobs at a salary less than native blacks, and that means black SA's cannot get the jobs they want. The same problem happens in many developed countries like the US, UK and so forth..which is why many of them are bringing in immigration restrictions.).

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2023
Among the 5 major candidates nd parties the only two parties that didn't have the cash to buy votes in Akwa Ibom are lp nd nnpp, pdp, apc nd ypp all bought votes massively. My family has always supported pdp since 2015 but the this yr we all decided to support Akan Udofia of apc but i must say due to what i witnessed at my polling unit today i must say that apc is a disappoinment. They don't knw how to play politics. They're only good at making noise on radio stations nd facebook. I've never loved the party but we just decided to vote 4 Akan Udofia but they disappointed everybody.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by chimchim1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
I've seen it, thank you very much sir. God bless you, I'm grateful... I didn't expect this....
send ur contact to hailtonylee@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Bornbiafra: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
Norwichsailor:

Ayen ete mmi
Idung abadie?
nda edioke
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 18, 2023
Meti99:
With all the hatred and incitements coming from the people of south eastern Nigeria over elections in another man's land, I begin to see reasons why IPOB is the 10th TERRORIST organisation in the world...

Fear no who no fear Ibos

Another unfortunate bastard on the loose.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by wiseone28: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Among the 5 major candidates nd parties the only two parties that didn't have the cash to buy votes in Akwa Ibom are lp nd nnpp, pdp, apc nd ypp all bought votes massively. My family has always supported pdp since 2015 but the this yr we all decided to support Akan Udofia of apc but i must say due to what i witnessed at my polling unit today i must say that apc is a disappoinment. They don't knw how to play politics. They're only good at making noise on radio stations nd facebook. I've never loved the party but we just decided to vote 4 Akan Udofia but they disappointed everybody.
As usual they make noise but nowhere to be found on the election day..

Akpabio set the stage, now every outgoing governor will know how to bring in his stooge unchallenged.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Akujuriobi: 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Those people that collected 5k to sold of their right and conscience are animals and stupid set of people. A sickness may visit them that will take that money away from them. When I did that I was restless for months until I stop such Rubbish. Can 5k solve a problem in today's NIGERIA?
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by justloo(m): 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hi Elisto,

Don't feel bad for doing what is right for I due course it will pay off. Always remember this thought out your life. Send me your account details.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
wiseone28:
As usual they make noise but nowhere to be found on the election day..

Akpabio set the stage, now every outgoing governor will know how to bring in his stooge unchallenged.
I'm telling u. Those guys no sabi shishi 4 politics matter. If i hear any apc idiot on radio talk nonsense after 2day i'll curse them. They make the loudest noise but very empty
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by letitrainnow(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Well done, brother.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by wiseone28: 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
I'm telling u. Those guys no sabi shishi 4 politics matter. If i hear any apc idiot on radio talk nonsense after 2day i'll curse them. They make the loudest noise but very empty
Some times no be them fault..

PDP dey use state money run election.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
justloo:
Hi Elisto,

Don't feel bad for doing what is right for I due course it will pay off. Always remember this thought out your life. Send me your account details.

Access Bank

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Kasdat5(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kobonaire4:

Not exactly. SA had minority white rule based on the way the british set up the union in 1910, and that led to the situation where blacks got limited education aid from goverment.

When Mandela took over, he had no choice but to set up welfare for black people...and this led to South Africa becoming, like most African countries, a resource dependent country. They still have enough industry and commerce to keep them from becoming like us here in Nigeria...but it is declining fast.

The fact is, we all...SA, Nigeria, Cameroon, DR CONGO, Zambia, etc...all have to transition from just selling raw materials to using them to produce goods for the world...like the Chinese, who once upon a time had a per capital GDP less than some African nations...do.

(As for them chasing out blacks...well the problem is, foreign blacks come in and do menial jobs at a salary less than native blacks, and that means black SA's cannot get the jobs they want. The same problem happens in many developed countries like the US, UK and so forth..which is why many of them are bringing in immigration restrictions.).

Final judgement is that , our leaders are still sleeping , is there light @ the tunnels end ?? , I'd say NO .. or maybe not yet ..
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by TruthinAction: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
foxman04:
You missed on both sides mehn

Whoever still think his/her votes counts in a jungle like nigeria needs to be flogged with matchet

In some states like Lagos, your vote counts because most Lagosians are tired of APC. And it's already showing in the polling units results.

And this is in spite of the intimidation.

APC will only win in units they didn't allow people to vote their choice.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Akujuriobi: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
Those people that collected money have mortgage their future.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Cromagnon: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

You're not good
You're stupid
You think your good candidate will remember you when he enters
At least they got 5K
You will get nothing

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by nesphil(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
If you don't have evidence to prove what you are saying here then you must be clown.

At least people who get carried away by your carefully constructed epistle have send you some token 🤣😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by fabolouz1(m): 10:34pm On Mar 18, 2023
You are an accomplice.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Cromagnon: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
Akujuriobi:
Those people that collected money have mortgage their future.
better than dashing it for free
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Okpokpo09: 10:35pm On Mar 18, 2023
You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you are called satanic agents. What are you telling us to do now? I blame your nonsense father for bringing yu into this world
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by nesphil(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2023
YPP may win in Ibiono and not elsewhere.
No Corrupt and convicted gang leader will be the Governor of Akwa Ibom State period.

After this election, let him ho back and face efcc on his corruption charges.

Bornbiafra:
Here at ibiono ..YPP sweeps all polling unit
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by AdaojoTheUrchin: 10:38pm On Mar 18, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are still very naive about Nigeria politics, that’s why I always tell people to leave the scene if you can’t stand the heat.

When the military comes, you will leave the scene and then we press restart and remove from the circulation urchins like you destroying the electoral like weavils destroying our beans seeds. grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by nesphil(m): 10:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
So a convict of bribery and corruption is a better candidate than Umo Eno??
A gang leader is better than Umo Eno abi??
Then you are daft like seriously.

May be your YPP boss pay you to come here and lie this useless lie to those who care to believe you.

Elistho:

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 10:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
nesphil:
So a convict of bribery and corruption is a better candidate than Umo Eno??
A gang leader is better than Umo Eno abi??
Then you are daft like seriously.

May be your YPP boss pay you to come here and lie this useless lie to those who care to believe you.

Lol. I don't trade words with people like you, this is democracy, we're free to support whoever we wants so far it's a credible Election. Why did your PDP buy votes and bribe en masse while intimidating the hungry electorates if the "happy hour" candidate is so good?

Don't bother mentioning again, I wouldn't reply you. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by BJanta: 10:51pm On Mar 18, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

if votes didn't count politicians won't pay for it

anyone who thinks politicians who pays heavily for vote do so out of mere generosity/benevolence in a jungle like nigeria needs to be flogged with matchet

But what happens to the votes no paid for. Do they count?
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
Today Biafrans spoken loud and clear by Sat At Home against systematic nigeria corrupt electoral process.

Watch as Nigerian political armed thugs/forces will retreat as people have started seeing the evil Nigeria they are protecting against the will of the voters.

Nobody is a Nigerian, but a civilized slave to Nigeria electoral organizers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nuhu Ribadu Visits The Headquarters Of SSS and NIA. / Tinubu Made Ministerial Offer To Me - Kwankwaso / Dasuki Drags FG To ECOWAS Court, Demands N500m Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.