Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,461 members, 7,819,682 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Message To Igbo People In Lagos. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message To Igbo People In Lagos. (5051 Views)

Okorocha Proposes End To Igbo Traditional Institutions Outside South-East / President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / Buhari: I Have Been Fair To Igbo Despite Low Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by tamdun: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
xynerise:

What is the correlation here? Some of you are so daft it hurts.

Did Igbos say they want to remove your Oba?
There we go again,the first thing that comes to ur foolish mind is insult,u can visit twitter and listen to how ur fellow igbos are planning to remove our oba

9 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by Workch: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2023
elefind:
MESSAGE TO IGBO PEOPLE IN LAGOS.

One of the few lessons I learnt from today's gubernatorial election in Lagos, is that I have no reason to engage in local politics among the indigenous people of Lagos. I think this should be my last time to campaign for any governorship candidate in Lagos. I will urge all Igbo people resident in Lagos to withdraw from supporting or voting for any gubernatorial candidate of any party during gubernatorial elections in Lagos. We need to give the Yoruba people chance to select or elect whoever they like to govern them. We will support whoever they elected as their governor. Tribalism and ethnic sentiments are real in Nigeria.

If we want to campaign for a gubernatorial candidate, lets campaign for any candidate of our choice contesting for elective position in our various states of origin even though we lives in Lagos. This is not only applicable to Lagos but all the Yoruba and non Igbo states. Remember that we Igbo people has ability to relate with anybody even if they elected king Nebuchadnezzar, it is not our business but we will relate with the governor and still get what we wanted.

We might be tempted to support a particular candidate we felt is better than whom the indigenous Yoruba people felt is their choice. But we must resist every attempt to endorse anyone of them. It is time we start to disassociate ourselves from any Yoruba politician hoping to win an election with the block votes of Igbo people living in Lagos. Enough of this please. Let him go and convince his fellow Yoruba people to vote for him and stop hoping to win election with our votes. The Yoruba people must stop seeing every election in Lagos as contest between the Igbo people and the Yorubas.

It is also high time Igbo people begin to transfer their polling units to Southeast for those of us living outside Igboland but would like to participate in governorship election of our state. We will travel down to Southeast when it is time to elect president and the governors. But if we can't transfer our polling units to SOUTHEAST, let's stop voting during gubernatorial election in each state of the federation. But we can go out and vote for our favorite presidential candidate.

It is obvious that many Yoruba people that supported Peter Obi during presidential election did so because of fear of Tinubu's Muslim/Muslim ticket. They voted Peter Obi not because they like him, it is because he is more preferred than having Tinubu and Shettima in Aso Rock . If another popular Southwestern politician was contesting for presidency with Muslim/Christian ticket, they would have voted him than voting Peter Obi. Only few Yorubas are supporting Peter Obi based on his capacity and competence.

Today's gubernatorial election was a total waste of taxpayers money. This is not an election. Now I agree that NIGERIA is a failed state. Police couldn't even protect the themselves not to talk of protecting the voters .

As for me, let Peter Obi withdraw his court case against INEC and APC . Let him concentrate on snatching all Southeastern states from our good-for-nothing politicians and raise a crop of 21st century politicians that will govern all the states in Igbo land and turn them into livable and prosperous states.

Many Nigerians are not ready for real change. They wanted to change failures we have in Aso Rock as leaders but they never wanted to change same corrupt politicians operating in their states.

Copied
Igbos should also stop investing hugely in Lagos. They should always take it home

6 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by Reality3080: 10:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
padi94:
See the people that started this rubbish is APC politicians... They are the ones making it about tribe... There are many omoale that are tired of APC. the Igbos supported GRV cos of party affiliation and Peter Obi links. If you sow hate you will reap hatred. Before now did the Igbos not support SANWO, TINUBU and APC in Lagos??

Igbos are a tool... Use them in Lagos they have the numbers. But instead APC decided to fight them hence the election outcome. LP will depose se of the APC and PDP state House of rep members cos of this APC sowing division along tribal lines. Politics does not have permanent friend nor permanent enemy, just permanent interest.

After the presidential election where APC lost Lagos they decided to instigate the obidients, who are made up of 50% Igbos, 30% Omoale and 20% other tribes. and combined these make up over 80% voters in Lagos.

A sword has two sides of you hold the sharp edge your in trouble but if you hold the handle they are in trouble, APC decided to hold the sharp edge with their political gimmicks by middling up Igbos and obidients as one. But they are different people.

Ps: I am neither Igbo nor Yoruba. I am just speaking from a neutral point of view and in fairness to the situation.
hope u know d Yoruba meaning of omoale is bastard?

Meaning u are saying 30% of Yorubas are bastards

U people will say hateful words n expect people to smile back at u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by SpatialKing(m): 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Oluomo threat is a result of the earlier threats from obidients. I totally condemned it but for every action, there is an opposite reaction.

Exactly condemned the actions of those people that made those comments...
Like you condemned Mc Olu comments

Don't generalize it on the entire Igbos.
Those people that commented don't speak for Igbos
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by KingKO22: 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Yeeeebow are the only tribe trying to dominate and conquer other regions and left their own region the remain one of the most terrorized region

They are just envious of Lagos State and Yoruba land

Look at how a man in Finland is controlling the entire SadEast and they couldn't provide solution to that but they want to provide solution to Lagos as if Lagos is the cause of their miserable SadEast

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by raskymonojendor: 10:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
SpatialKing:

Exactly condemned the actions of those people that made those comments...
Like you condemned Mc Olu comments

Don't generalize it on the entire Igbos.
Those people that commented don't speak for Igbos
I am one person. I can only speak for myself, but I can't speak for other millions of Yorubas and other Obidients that reacted negatively to that recording or the discovered tweets and social media activities of GRV.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by haffaze777(m): 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lagos temperature must surely change henceforth 🤣🤣🤣

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by padi94(m): 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Reality3080:
hope u know d Yoruba meaning of omoale is bastard?

Meaning u are saying 30% of Yorubas are bastards

U people will say hateful words n expect people to smile back at u

Apologies I did not know, I hear some yorubas calling others Omoale during this election to tag them as Igbo lovers or people not supporting their own brother. I don't know what it means sir.

What point I am making is that the people you call Omoale who are obidients and yorubas make up 30% of the movement in Lagos, it's not just Igbos or other tribes that are obidients.
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by nedu666: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Workch:
Igbos should also stop investing hugely in Lagos. They should always take it home

My brother u are in the spirit. I just tire for our people. Look at northerners they come to lagos, make money, don't build houses and return home with their profit. But mumu lgbos will be building houses, buying land like idiots. Instead of returning home with their investment or profit. When will lgbos hve sense

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by lexylaw40: 10:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
mikelopez:

You are VERY MAD
Any day you write stupid message to Igbos again, I will personally track you and empty one cartridge on your coconut skull.
IDIOTS
be you are the mad one here sir......very simple .. Yorubas are tired of you and they want you out of there land. If you can't stay in your fathers region then go to the north

9 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by DMerciful(m): 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Igbos cannot be intimidated anywhwre in Nigeria!

Igbos fought 3yrs war to leave Nigeria but since Nigeria insisted we must stay, they have to deal with us going forward!
elefind:

One of the few lessons I learnt from today's gubernatorial election in Lagos, is that I have no reason to engage in local politics among the indigenous people of Lagos. I think this should be my last time to campaign for any governorship candidate in Lagos. I will urge all Igbo people resident in Lagos to withdraw from supporting or voting for any gubernatorial candidate of any party during gubernatorial elections in Lagos. We need to give the Yoruba people chance to select or elect whoever they like to govern them. We will support whoever they elected as their governor. Tribalism and ethnic sentiments are real in Nigeria.

If we want to campaign for a gubernatorial candidate, lets campaign for any candidate of our choice contesting for elective position in our various states of origin even though we lives in Lagos. This is not only applicable to Lagos but all the Yoruba and non Igbo states. Remember that we Igbo people has ability to relate with anybody even if they elected king Nebuchadnezzar, it is not our business but we will relate with the governor and still get what we wanted.

We might be tempted to support a particular candidate we felt is better than whom the indigenous Yoruba people felt is their choice. But we must resist every attempt to endorse anyone of them. It is time we start to disassociate ourselves from any Yoruba politician hoping to win an election with the block votes of Igbo people living in Lagos. Enough of this please. Let him go and convince his fellow Yoruba people to vote for him and stop hoping to win election with our votes. The Yoruba people must stop seeing every election in Lagos as contest between the Igbo people and the Yorubas.

It is also high time Igbo people begin to transfer their polling units to Southeast for those of us living outside Igboland but would like to participate in governorship election of our state. We will travel down to Southeast when it is time to elect president and the governors. But if we can't transfer our polling units to SOUTHEAST, let's stop voting during gubernatorial election in each state of the federation. But we can go out and vote for our favorite presidential candidate.

It is obvious that many Yoruba people that supported Peter Obi during presidential election did so because of fear of Tinubu's Muslim/Muslim ticket. They voted Peter Obi not because they like him, it is because he is more preferred than having Tinubu and Shettima in Aso Rock . If another popular Southwestern politician was contesting for presidency with Muslim/Christian ticket, they would have voted him than voting Peter Obi. Only few Yorubas are supporting Peter Obi based on his capacity and competence.

Today's gubernatorial election was a total waste of taxpayers money. This is not an election. Now I agree that NIGERIA is a failed state. Police couldn't even protect the themselves not to talk of protecting the voters .

As for me, let Peter Obi withdraw his court case against INEC and APC . Let him concentrate on snatching all Southeastern states from our good-for-nothing politicians and raise a crop of 21st century politicians that will govern all the states in Igbo land and turn them into livable and prosperous states.

Many Nigerians are not ready for real change. They wanted to change failures we have in Aso Rock as leaders but they never wanted to change same corrupt politicians operating in their states.

Copied

1 Like

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by lexylaw40: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
KingKO22:
Yeeeebow are the only tribe trying to dominate and conquer other regions and left their own region the remain one of the most terrorized region

They are just envious of Lagos State and Yoruba land

Look at how a man in Finland is controlling the entire SadEast and they couldn't provide solution to that but they want to provide solution to Lagos as if Lagos is the cause of their miserable SadEast
death upon Yorubas enemies

1 Like

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2023
Temidayo9:
Even president Buhari always vote in his home state of Katsina

Same as Igbo politicians.

Don't Yorubas vote in the East and North if they live there?
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by beerfraud: 10:20pm On Mar 18, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Same as Igbo politicians.

Don't Yorubas vote in the East and North if they live there?
Simon Ekpa said no election in Alaibo

1 Like

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by OlawaleBammie: 10:23pm On Mar 18, 2023
padi94:
See the people that started this rubbish is APC politicians... They are the ones making it about tribe... There are many omoale that are tired of APC. the Igbos supported GRV cos of party affiliation and Peter Obi links. If you sow hate you will reap hatred. Before now did the Igbos not support SANWO, TINUBU and APC in Lagos??

Igbos are a tool... Use them in Lagos they have the numbers. But instead APC decided to fight them hence the election outcome. LP will depose some of the APC and PDP state House of rep members cos of this APC sowing division along tribal lines. Politics does not have permanent friend nor permanent enemy, just permanent interest.

After the presidential election where APC lost Lagos they decided to instigate the obidients, who are made up of 50% Igbos, 30% Omoale and 20% other tribes. and combined these make up over 80% voters in Lagos.

A sword has two sides if you hold the sharp edge you're in trouble, but if you hold the handle they are in trouble, APC decided to hold the sharp edge, with their political gimmicks by muddling up Igbos and obidients into one. But they are different people.

Ps: I am neither Igbo nor Yoruba. I am just speaking from a neutral point of view and in fairness to the situation.
how did APC fight them
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:25pm On Mar 18, 2023
beerfraud:
Simon Ekpa said no election in Alaibo

For want of better rebuttal?

Is your spirit the one voting in the East today?
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by ChiefJusticeFuc: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
tamdun:

There we go again,the first thing that comes to ur foolish mind is insult,u can visit twitter and listen to how ur fellow igbos are planning to remove our oba

They are now deploying Jewish pilpul in their arguments.

The OSU is a snake .

They will deny what they say and in another sentence say it and defend it.

I have never seen such people like the OSU
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by tamdun: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
SpatialKing:

What evidence do you have that the Igbos did!

Is MC Olu speaking for the entire Yorubas when he threaten the Igbos?

How about Yorubas claiming that once Sanwo Olu wins all Igbos win be evicted from Lagos?
Here is the evidence u asked for

https://twitter.com/linhsense1/status/1632552648095432706?t=3bJczP8TOkencQJRzqUIjw&s=08

4 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by padi94(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
how did APC fight them

You already know the answer to this...
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by nedu666: 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
DMerciful:
Igbos cannot be intimidated anywhwre in Nigeria!

Igbos fought 3yrs war to leave Nigeria but since Nigeria insisted we must stay, they have to deal with us going forward!

Oga this is not about intimidation but returning home to build ur home land. Why can't lgbos learn from others. There is nothing wrong with going outside to make money but ensure you return develop ur home with that money. Igbos stop buying land and building houses in lagos. Come home and build ur land. Lagos belongs to yorubas, east belongs to lgbos. My small advise to mumu lgbos

7 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by nkemjacob2(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2023
Philgafauto:
Me I don tire to advice igbos. Make una do anything wey una like.
this is not an advice. U are been sentimental
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by OlawaleBammie: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
padi94:

You already know the answer to this...
I don't know any answer because I don't know the relationship between APC and Igbos.
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by BabaRamota1980: 10:28pm On Mar 18, 2023
elefind:

Copied

Next governor election in Anambra is 2026, please tell CRV to go contest in Anambra. He is popular, and Ibo people love him. Even Peter Obi stands by him. I dont believe he will loose

4 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by DMerciful(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
You're narrow-minded. Nigeria belongs to Igbos as well as other Nigerians
nedu666:

Oga this is not about intimidation but returning home to build ur home land. Why can't lgbos learn from others. There is nothing wrong with going outside to make money but ensure you return develop ur home with that money. Igbos stop buying land and building houses in lagos. Come home and build ur land. Lagos belongs to yorubas, east belongs to lgbos. My small advise to mumu lgbos
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by IgOga(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2023
elefind:

Copied

Pele...sebi Obi was governor in Anambra for 8 years...why he nor build a liveable state grin grin grin Dey play grin grin grin

Obi has no case...He lost the Feb 25th election. He came 3rd. He won 25% in only 16 states.....and he's not even serious...e get case for court come still dey discuss the case for TV.......

Just build your own life and let politicians do their own thing....na so e dey always be

3 Likes

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by padi94(m): 10:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
I don't know any answer because I don't know the relationship between APC and Igbos.

Go to Twitter sir, I cannot explain... Shebi you did not see that APC where preventing people that looked like Igbos from voting on Lagos. or you are just waking up
Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by YorubaSamurai: 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
Bold people build countries and bring about positive changes, not cowards. Nigeria's constitution made it abundantly clear that every Nigerian is free to vote and be voted for.

If the African Americans hadn't courageously challenged their slave masters, they would still be slaves today.

We would continually challenge our resolve to build a prosperous country as one people or end this madness called Nigeria because it's not working.

Bros, in summary, nobody will listen to you.
and you will keep collecting in lagos

1 Like

Re: Message To Igbo People In Lagos. by BRIMBRAM: 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

One of our biggest problems in this country is that we don't understand what a country means. Perhaps we should return to that and understand what it means.

About removing their kings, I don't know where you got that from.

Again, we must continue to test our resolve
to have a working country as a people or end this madness called Nigeria because this ain't a country.

But you were up against a Muslim-Muslim ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! / Can Wikileaks Tell Us Those Behind Boko Haram? / Can You Answer These Simple Questions?????????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.