Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? (4028 Views)

Why Does OPAY Do This On 1xbet? / US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? / 3 Ways To Start Making Money Doing What You Love - Onlinenigerianbusiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by seanwilliam(m): 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
They sell your data
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by eteebanky1: 4:53pm On Mar 19, 2023
Swears, they're the future if they continue like this
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by Karlifate: 5:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
Goldmynemaniac:

Which means they might later add charges to transfers. Probably just luring customers now.

👌

Initially, transfers on Palmpay was free.
Now, they deduct ₦‎10 per transaction. cheesy

Opay might follow suit in no distant time.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by Karlifate: 5:19pm On Mar 19, 2023
seanwilliam:
They sell your data

cheesy

And people still wonder how random loan websites get their contacts, to send ads to them.

1 Like

Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by Goldmynemaniac: 5:42pm On Mar 19, 2023
seanwilliam:
They sell your data
If they do this without expressly disclosing this manner of usage of our data, I guess it's time we cashed out by suing them.
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by Germanjoe(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
oz4real83:
all those banks that folded up, like Allstates trust bank and others where customers lost their funds, were they not having CBN-approval and insurance? Na just God dey protect our funds for these Nigerian banks, not only by CBN approval or insurance cool
Naso,even first bank fold today God forbid,nobody will still companset anybody,Nigeria once the elite are good the rest of the masses should accept sorry as their only solution.
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by Germanjoe(m): 6:41pm On Mar 19, 2023
arkonpoint:

I'll give an example, when Facebook was starting out, all the services were free if charge and even up to date most of the services on it at still free, how then do they come up with their huge evaluation, there lies in your answer
Facebook subscribers will get a badge indicating their account has been verified with a government ID, extra protection against impersonation, direct access to customer support and more visibility, the company said.

It added that the service would be primarily aimed at content creators looking to expand their presence on the platforms and could see adjustments after a test phase.na investment with time,once its brings out modes of charging for transections,they most have build confidence.
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by arkonpoint: 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
Germanjoe:

Facebook subscribers will get a badge indicating their account has been verified with a government ID, extra protection against impersonation, direct access to customer support and more visibility, the company said.

It added that the service would be primarily aimed at content creators looking to expand their presence on the platforms and could see adjustments after a test phase.na investment with time,once its brings out modes of charging for transections,they most have build confidence.

That's exactly the plan. They're still trying to penetrate the market and will go to any length to do this.
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by viczo(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2023
Not charging for transfer is marketing strategy,after sometime they will start charging for transfer,also they make aloy of money from traffic and pay per click and app downloading so from time to time they will be updating their app for pple to update by so doing they make more money per download

1 Like

Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by fineboynl(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Opay do not charge for SMS before. But they are not charging for SMS

I stop receiving their SMS until I check the app with I am not getting SMS. I saw that they untick the SMS. But when I want to tick it I saw 3N per SMS charge which is fair though.

Also I would like opay to build a escrow service it would help online business.
Re: How Does Opay Make Money Doing Free Transfers? by olamilarks(m): 9:34am On Mar 21, 2023
I was thinking about this question earlier...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For Distributors Of Bruna,rommanel Or Lanel Jewelry! / Youwin Results Are Out! / I Have #20,000,000. I Need A Good Business Idea To Invest It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.