Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. (1038 Views)

Enact Law That Will Force Civil Servant To Marry More Wives - Sheikh Aminu Baba / Obasanjo, Zainab Ahmed Writes AfDB, Says U.S Has Ridiculed The Governance System / More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
This law will affect everybody in the country positively; it will reduce the election violence, tension and also motivate all Nigerians to contribute towards the development of their various home states.
Example: I can’t be born in Kwara state and want to vote in Ogun state. Impossible. Everyone should return to their home state to cast their votes during elections.

I’m confident that the northerners will embrace this law from day 1, while the Yorubas as usual will go for whatever makes the country stronger. But for some reasons, something tells me that the igbos may have an issue with this law. Why?
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by vanunu: 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2023
You are an idiot, a very big one, are you tired of your stupid one Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Parachoko: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:
This law will affect everybody in the country positively; it will reduce the election violence, tension and also motivate all Nigerians to contribute towards the development of their various home states.

I’m confident that the northerners will embrace this law from day 1, while the Yorubas as usual will go for whatever makes the country stronger. But for some reasons, something tells me that the igbos may have an issue with this law. Why?
The law does not make sense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

Why not! You can ask your rep to push for that law, also there should be a law for Nigerians in the diaspora to vote in the Federal elections as well.

4 Likes

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Nbote(m): 7:31pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

Only you suggested and then only you is making assertions on behalf of others..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2023
vanunu:
You are an idiot, a very big one, are you tired of your stupid one Nigeria.

If I’m an idiot, what should we call your father?

Please advise….

1 Like

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2023
Skyview01:

Why not! You can ask your rep to push for that law, also there should be a law for Nigerians in the diaspora to vote in the Federal elections as well.
Good point!

I think it will happen.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by nairanaira12: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:
Example: I can’t be born in Kwara state and want to vote in Ogun state. Impossible. Everyone should return to their home state to cast their votes during elections.

That law will be welcoming. It means tinubu and Sanwoolu will not be qualified to vote or contest in lagos since lagos isn't their home state.

7 Likes

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by PlayerMeji: 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2023
How you alone in Nigeria know where Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu are from is magically bewildering...

Where is Fashola from, if I may ask...?

shocked

nairanaira12:

That law will be welcoming. It means tinubu and Sanwoolu will not be qualified to vote or contest in lagos since lagos isn't their home state.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by fortunateme: 7:48pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

If I am not mistaking, you must be a graduate and might have done your nysc. Right?
You are too dense.

2 Likes

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by nairanaira12: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
PlayerMeji:
How you alone in Nigeria know where Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu are from is magically bewildering...

Where is Fashola from, if I may ask...?

shocked

Don't tell me you don't know that Tinubu is from iragbiji in osun state, while Sanwoolu is from ogun state.

3 Likes

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by MasterJayJay: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

Start by collecting taxes from only indigenes. That something telling you is an evil spirit.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Beremx(f): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2023
You think the law will affect only Igbos? Use you tongue to count your teeth

1 Like

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Buckeyemedia1: 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
nairanaira12:

Mumu, can you prove that what you said is accurate?

Oblivious Tribalist.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Buckeyemedia1: 8:02pm On Mar 19, 2023
MasterJayJay:

Start by collecting taxes from only indigenes. That something telling you is an evil spirit.
You dey mind that Zomby Zombie?
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Buckeyemedia1: 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
nairanaira12:

Don't tell me you don't know that Tinubu is from iragbiji in osun state, while Sanwoolu is from ogun state.

And you are from Toto and Wamba Local Government area Nasarawa State?
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by PlayerMeji: 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2023
Fashola and Ambode nko?

At least, you seem to know a lot about these guys...

nairanaira12:

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by mrvitalis(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

That would be good ...just like. A law to make your tax go to your state or origin

Oil companies only have office where they drill oil

Nas every state paying for all federal government investment in the state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
Why is it so easy to pin point the bastards here on this forum?
As expected the hopeless losers are the only ones making the most noise here.
Any decent human being on this planet would be happy to return to his or her home state to vote and also contribute towards the development of the state.

Only God knows why anyone would want to fight and die in another man’s land, where he or she is no longer welcome. It make absolutely no sense.
I honestly believe that the flatheadds will become relevant and also get more respect as soon as they clearly understand the importance of embracing themselves and their home states…AND STOP KILLING THEMSELVES LIKE FLIES
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by kcnwaigbo: 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
The law should also say you can only pay tax to your state of origin.Its a very good law since you don't pay tax you will therefore not be allowed to vote
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by kcnwaigbo: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:
Why is it so easy to pin point the bastards here on this forum?
As expected the hopeless losers are the only ones making the most noise here.
Any decent human being on this planet would be happy to return to his or her home state to vote and also contribute towards the development of the state.

Only God knows why anyone would want to fight and die in another man’s land, where he or she is no longer welcome. It make absolutely no sense.
I honestly believe that the flatheadds will become relevant and also get more respect as soon as they clearly understand the importance of embrace themselves and their home states.

Exactly!! Sanwolu will return to Ogun to contest and be voted for.

Iya chukwudi will pay her tax to her home state of Anambra and during elections she also can only vote in Anambra
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2023
fortunateme:

If I am not mistaking, you must be a graduate and might have done your nysc. Right?
You are too dense.

Your dense father and myself didn’t finish secondary school.

Whether you like it on not, this is a law that is currently being looked at. Only time will tell.
You will remember me when the time is right.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by fayomim: 8:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
nairanaira12:

you worry too much about south west, just leave the decision to them. worry about yeast

1 Like

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by yourshopkwikguy(m): 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2023
But Nigerians can go to a foreign country to seek their residency, citizenship, vote, contest for election and win??
People with such mindset of yours tho, the major thing is to dissolve this forceful marriage called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 8:49pm On Mar 19, 2023
yourshopkwikguy:
But Nigerians can go to a foreign country to seek their residency, citizenship, vote, contest for election and win??
People with such mindset of yours tho, the major thing is to dissolve this forceful marriage called Nigeria.

First, it is completely absurd to attempt to compare our system in Nigeria with system of other foreign countries. These countries are also experiencing their own unique challenges and doing their best to modify things to their benefit. Furthermore, these countries do not have a tribe called Igbo; an unreasonable group of people that hate everything including themselves. Therefore, the challenges are very much different.

Second, we do not need to dissolve any marriage here, you people are free to break off into your BiafraWORLD, and deal with yourselves…Let’s see how long that will last.

Finally, the law we are discussing is not going to be customized to only affect the Igbo, it will equally affect all Nigerians; the idea of the law is to motivate all Nigerians to embrace their home states and also recognize their boundaries.

The key:
Embrace your own and let others enjoy their land.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by yourshopkwikguy(m): 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

First, it is completely absurd to attempt to compare our system in Nigeria with system of other foreign countries. These countries are also experiencing their own unique challenges and doing their best to modify things to their benefit. Furthermore, these countries do not have a tribe called Igbo; an unreasonable group of people that hate everything including themselves. Therefore, the challenges are very much different.

Second, we do not need to dissolve any marriage here, you people are free to break off into your BiafraWORLD, and deal with yourselves…Let’s see how long that will last.

Finally, the law we are discussing is not going to be customized to only affect the Igbo, it will equally affect all Nigerians; the idea of the law is to motivate all Nigerians to embrace their home states and also recognize their boundaries.

The key:
Embrace your own and let others enjoy their land.
I'm a Yoruba guy oga ade, you said other countries are going through their unique problems but they are modifying it right? But is Nigeria modifying her own? Since 1960 Nigeria never better, we're still using violence and manipulations to win election in 2023.... We can do better
I was personally expecting this 2023 election should be better with BVAS, iRev and new electoral law but so unfortunate it was just a wastage of money and time. We can do better again

1 Like

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by zomby(m): 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2023
Oga Chinedu, I am an Igbo man.

Let us keep the noise down and focus more on the main idea…
Embrace your land and let others do the same with their land.

That’s shouldn’t be too much to ask.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by fortunateme: 10:11pm On Mar 19, 2023
zomby:

Your dense father and myself didn’t finish secondary school.

Whether you like it on not, this is a law that is currently being looked at. Only time will tell.
You will remember me when the time is right.
So dense. Infact just balablu.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by nairanaira12: 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
fayomim:

you worry too much about south west, just leave the decision to them. worry about yeast

Lolz. Anyone not licking tinubu balls like you is an igbo. grin

Dindinrin eda ni iwo primitive idiot yi. grin
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by fayomim: 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
nairanaira12:

Lolz. Anyone not licking tinubu balls like you is an igbo. grin

Dindinrin eda ni iwo primitive idiot yi. grin

lolzz i feel your pain.

last time i checked, i said leave the south west to make decision for themselves, i never tell you to lick tinubu balls as you licked pitobi's own

it is well with you.

now i can see that you are the original Dindinrin eda because you compounded your stoopiditi with ignorancccce
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by Pythagoras001: 12:18am On Mar 22, 2023
zomby:

you vote where you are tax resident(where you pay your tax) for at least a year before the said election
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by nairanaira12: 7:04am On Mar 22, 2023
fayomim:

lolzz i feel your pain.

last time i checked, i said leave the south west to make decision for themselves, i never tell you to lick tinubu balls as you licked pitobi's own

it is well with you.

now i can see that you are the original Dindinrin eda because you compounded your stoopiditi with ignorancccce

Lolz. Except you love to deceive your primitive stone age self, this heightened hatred for igbos and call for them to leave started after tinubu lost lagos.

And, as expected of cursed primitive people like you, you blamed igbos for the loss.

So, the reason for your daft call for igbos to leave is because Tinubu lost. grin

Primitive stone age idiots calling themselves sophisticated. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reacting To Falana's Opinion About Abuja Been A "MERE 37" / Perjury: Tinubu Lied Under Oath; He Should Be Jailed, Says David Hundeyin / Southern Media Why The Silence On President Tinubu ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.