Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. (1065 Views)

Enact Law That Will Force Civil Servant To Marry More Wives - Sheikh Aminu Baba / Obasanjo, Zainab Ahmed Writes AfDB, Says U.S Has Ridiculed The Governance System / More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by ruffhandu: 7:14am On Mar 22, 2023
zomby:
This law will affect everybody in the country positively; it will reduce the election violence, tension and also motivate all Nigerians to contribute towards the development of their various home states.
Example: I can’t be born in Kwara state and want to vote in Ogun state. Impossible. Everyone should return to their home state to cast their votes during elections.

I’m confident that the northerners will embrace this law from day 1, while the Yorubas as usual will go for whatever makes the country stronger. But for some reasons, something tells me that the igbos may have an issue with this law. Why?
Are you reffering to your state of origin or your state of birth?

1 Like

Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by DMerciful(m): 7:16am On Mar 22, 2023
A very low thought process
zomby:
This law will affect everybody in the country positively; it will reduce the election violence, tension and also motivate all Nigerians to contribute towards the development of their various home states.
Example: I can’t be born in Kwara state and want to vote in Ogun state. Impossible. Everyone should return to their home state to cast their votes during elections.

I’m confident that the northerners will embrace this law from day 1, while the Yorubas as usual will go for whatever makes the country stronger. But for some reasons, something tells me that the igbos may have an issue with this law. Why?
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by obyrich(m): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2023
zomby:

This should also be matched with a law that says you can only pay tax in your home state.
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by fayomim: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2023
nairanaira12:

Lolz. Except you love to deceive your primitive stone age self, this heightened hatred for igbos and call for them to leave started after tinubu lost lagos.

And, as expected of cursed primitive people like you, you blamed igbos for the loss.

So, the reason for your daft call for igbos to leave is because Tinubu lost. grin

Primitive stone age idiots calling themselves sophisticated. grin

Lolzzz.. funny you
Re: There Should Be A Federal Law That Says, U Can Only Vote In Your Home State. by BastadThiefnubu: 8:08am On Mar 22, 2023
zomby:

Your dense father and myself didn’t finish secondary school.

Whether you like it on not, this is a law that is currently being looked at. Only time will tell.
You will remember me when the time is right.
Remember to tell them to incorporate not enjoying the oil money from other states and all the companies in Lagos that are oil related must pay tax to only to oil producing states, your brothers in oil companies must be retrenched and made to return to their states, Benis must claim Lagos and chase all the Yorubas back to where they came from. Abi una want mad finish? Una never know wetin una don start.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Subsidy Removal Supporters On Nl Educate Us On The Benefits? / Open Letter To Nairaland Founder Seun(photos) / Chidiebere Echefu, The Man In Dss Detention Since 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.