Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please (23813 Views)

Have You Encountered Similar Situations? Please Share Your Thoughts. / Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2023
Connected1:

You are no better than him.

How did you know he's an Igbo?is this question really for me

I no dey really comment like this for nairaland,na make I just sell my market,comot body.
I've got a lot on my hands, than drowning myself in tribal wars,
Have a great day brother man.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement

Rubbish!
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by itzzkhaliii(m): 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
lugzii:
I sent some crypto coins to +234 912 695 3219 (Miracle Jason Agada), he has since refused to credit the account number I sent to him and refused sending back the coins. Na small money but what if I had sent to him the amount of coins he requested for?

He thinks he is wise but he is not, unless he does not use his number again.

How do one avoid being scammed when trading crypto off the Apps?

I think the best way is to look for a reliable escrow, someone that both of you guys can trust.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by demoBaba: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
coachprecious:
Share your experiences about Ponzi schemes so others can learn from You too

Yes....I was scammed through my Boss.....in respect of Civil defence job runs upto 2.8million.

Those guys are staying at Gwagwalada Abuja, they specialized and depends on scamming people through civil defense job.

Their names are : 1. James is the their boss 2. Obinna second in command, with plenty trainee. James have hotel in Gwagwalada which have I forgot the hotel name.

They've plenty fraud cases all over Abuja police station.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by AMI3(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
yrhuhfy113:
yes recently but thankfully I learned on this platform one year ago how to revenge against them. So i did it.
How did u do bro. I need to teach a scammer who has been operating on WhatsApp group a lesson

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by millionboi2: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
akinbode1:
Sam Zugacoin scammed me
hahahaha I knew that shit was a scam

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by sudeba(m): 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
One yeye guy claiming to be the super hacker that can hack anything. So I contacted him to help me recover my gmail account which needs access codes I forgot to write. He promised heaven+ hell, he's the man for the job. That was how I paid 5k to the guy only for him to ignore me forever. Dude can't hack shit. I learnt my lesson the hard way. The guy still on this platform advertising &setting traps for his next victims. God go punish him o

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by HardMirror(m): 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:

I am only speaking from truth and what I have experienced. I am not a tribalistic person. Infact I was born and I still reside in the west.
indeed you are not tribalist. What an idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by HardMirror(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
AMI3:

How did u do bro. I need to teach a scammer who has been operating on WhatsApp group a lesson
you took his bait. He wanted people to ask him what he did and you fell for it.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by luluosas(m): 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yes, I was scammed here on Nairaland many years ago, for digital camera
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
Offpoint1:
Yeah, 2k Airtime to one princess who was trapped in Liberia, her father is very wealthy who left 10 Million dollars to her, but her wicked family tried to killed her, she ran to Liberia. She's a fugitive in Liberia, she was current with one pastor who was trying to helped her retrieved her money ($10m grin) She saw my contact online and she likes and trust me that's why she's revealing all of these to me.

She wants me to send 20k to the pastor who's need of it to process some document. I should please never to reveal to anyone grin Mumu me starts begging for money upandan to save my beautiful princes so I can get married to her grin grin Thank God nobody get money to gimme then, I carry my last 2k buy airtime send give pastor (Mumu me, MTN dey liberia?) Since 2011 Till today I still dey wait for my princess in Liberia grin grin

Na ogun go kee Yahoo boys grin grin Dem use fine white picture disorient innocent me make me loose guard with yeye formatgrin grin

A week after this one, another invest 1k to get 10k and 5k to 100k, carry my savings of 5k to where I no no grin grin

As I dey laidiz, even heaven and hell no fit scam me again grin grin

Lol cheesy cheesy I remember that Liberia format. Some years ago, my cousin told me about a girl chatting her from Liberia with that format too. He come dey do yanga say he don get foreign babe until dem scam am, lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

As for you, dem go still scam you. The way you write those thing up there still shows you never learn your lesson cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by mastermaestro(m): 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:

I am only speaking from truth and what I have experienced. I am not a tribalistic person. Infact I was born and I still reside in the west.

You are tribalism personified. Get out! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Nathaniel33(m): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Okay I say my own story,I grew up in ikeja and wanted to buy Nokia 23 classic..The phone was invogue that time. my house was a Stone throw from computer village so the journey start. .I took one bros ,bros bolaji who was older than me and told him that I wanted to buy a phone he follow me there ..On getting there at the entrance of computer village we say this guy that wanted to sell the phone I really liked. .It was 11 k and I had 12 k. I saw the phone checked it and really liked it. I begged the guy for the price and he agreed. bolaji was standing and looking at me and the guy doing our transaction. he gave me the phone and I have him the 11k. .The guy now said that he wanted to remove his sim that I should give him back ,ohh I said okay. that was the moment he changed the phone to a dummy one that he already have in his pocket ..I didn't know and I took it and wanted to go home ..That was when bolaji who knows about this fmt called the guy and me together and told me to give him the phone. ,I did and behold phone wei I on now now na just foam wei them pack nai full inside...Bolaji shouted fufu leleyi na .Naso bj blow the guy for nose o ( Blood came out ) and then he quickly collected my money back From the guy. ,The guy begged him not to shout but bj wasn't having it and before you know people gathered the guy and Started beating him ...we left there to look for another phone to buy ..My people for more than one hour we were walking around computer village we met this guy again and they were beating him with umbrella stand ( The iron) He was fully bloodied this time and begging for water ..Some people say they should not give him water that if the give him he would die ..I felt pity for him to an extent but not too much because I was almost scammed..I learned something from this ..if you want to buy something that you don't know about very well take one or two people wei get head with you

15 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by New007: 3:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
XploraBen:

Good.

I also worked with a client I met on Nairaland up till the middle of last year.

Though I'm looking for new clients now.
Nice one
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by honor4me: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yes 44 million Naira of dollar equivalent in Naira by one Samuel Ikechukwu This is his number: +971 52 393 5161. Police are still looking for him.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by philus66(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
Offpoint1:
Yeah, 2k Airtime to one princess who was trapped in Liberia, her father is very wealthy who left 10 Million dollars to her, but her wicked family tried to killed her, she ran to Liberia. She's a fugitive in Liberia, she was current with one pastor who was trying to helped her retrieved her money ($10m grin) She saw my contact online and she likes and trust me that's why she's revealing all of these to me.

She wants me to send 20k to the pastor who's need of it to process some document. I should please never to reveal to anyone grin Mumu me starts begging for money upandan to save my beautiful princes so I can get married to her grin grin Thank God nobody get money to gimme then, I carry my last 2k buy airtime send give pastor (Mumu me, MTN dey liberia?) Since 2011 Till today I still dey wait for my princess in Liberia grin grin

Na ogun go kee Yahoo boys grin grin Dem use fine white picture disorient innocent me make me loose guard with yeye formatgrin grin

A week after this one, another invest 1k to get 10k and 5k to 100k, carry my savings of 5k to where I no no grin grin

Man I love your story 😉
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Chasito(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
I was duped 65k in 2019..by money doublers..
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by HardMirror(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
tuzle:
The day I was scammed at alaba still amazes me. I went with my uncle then someone from imeko afon in ogun state and also an electrician by profession(I said dis so u won't think I am Igbo) to buy flat screen tv. So because of all the negative things we have heard about alaba and the selling of fake things we where very careful and where avoiding the igbos, so one Yoruba boy approached us and since he was Yoruba and my uncle could relate with him well, we decided to follow him to his place. He took us to one place like that with many Yoruba boys there with lots of refurbished TV's, so after we selected one and my uncle said we should all go together and test it at an electrician place that is how those guys there said we should give them deposit first. That is how our money enter one chance
you dont know alaba obviously. LOTS of igbos use yoruba names and speak fluent igbo, you wont know they are thieves.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Fearyourcreator: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:
Yes, some few years ago by one Yoruba guy. He told me to register for Custom recruitment online, which I did, not knowing it is a fake site. I was requested to pay money to continue although the money was small. I paid the money only for the guy to come later and start laughing at me.
I don't think there is any successful Yoruba guy that made it without stealing other people's things or duping people.
One Igbo guy still call me recently say he be Opay staff to send OTP back to him

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by HardMirror(m): 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ejyksneh:
Yes, no rich Yoruba person that's not a criminal, you are all thieves filled with bigotry
yes all igbos are 419 and drug dealers. I agree with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:

you claimed that you aren't tribalism one person out of millions
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by HardMirror(m): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
XploraBen:

Did you meet them all on this platform?
lots of us here. But please i am not recruiting. Just wanted you to know that there are lots of freelacing agents here. Search under vacancies you should come accross some recruiters once a while. But if you are serious, you dont need an agent, just go on upwork, fivver or linkedin and get clients
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Sirchiboy: 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yes by a relative.
He promised to secure a job with the immigration.
I borrowed the money to give to him not knowing it was all fake.
Still hoping to get a job soon
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
Creamcrest:
If you need help in tracking a scammer you can holla me,I can help you get their bvn blocked and the scammer will have no option than to sign an undertaking instructing his bank to refund.

Gone are the days when scammers go scot free.

I can also help track mobile phones,track location of a scammer through his or her phone number between cell towers.

As long as you still have evidences of transactions.

Guaranteed.

WhatsApp no on my signature.

I hope you're not another potential scammer
This is how they all sound at the beginning

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by bbbabes(f): 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:
Yes, some few years ago by one Yoruba guy. He told me to register for Custom recruitment online, which I did, not knowing it is a fake site. I was requested to pay money to continue although the money was small. I paid the money only for the guy to come later and start laughing at me.
I don't think there is any successful Yoruba guy that made it without stealing other people's things or duping people.

I was pitying you until I realised you deserved what you got! You are so bigoted you added stupidity to your resume.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by pussygotlips: 3:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
I've never been scam before but I remember pulling out some cash when I felt broke at a time.
I feel like a boss after that stunt and I returned the money after sometime cheesy kiss
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by PoloG: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:
but igbos are the most killed species of meat in asia after cow and chicken meat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
IyaTola:
This guy is known scammer onsocial media space
I didn't know bro... Thank God the money wasn't much

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Creamcrest(m): 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you're not another potential scammer
This is how they all sound at the beginning
I'm not a scammer.

Just a good Nigerian who wants to help.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by mimee9(f): 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
U made my day with this your princess story🤣🤣🤣 grin
Offpoint1:

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by StevConcepts(m): 3:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
I received a Whatsapp message from one guy asking me to promise to give him 30% for an update. I said okay.

The next thing he said if i have a sportybet account, i said yes. He send me a video where in funded N1,000 and it turned to N100,000.

so he sent me a link to sign-in. when i looked closely i discovered that it was not the official sportybet website.

There website sportybet(dot)com while he sent me something different, if not he would have hacked my account and had access to my bank account.

I will teach you how to write and make money from ebook. send me a whatsapp my to the number below.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2023
BigYash:
Na fixed match on draw one idiot use scam me on sport section,after he carry me go telegram from nairaland .. Mumu me of those days,follow am go.. I doubt if the idiot go still dey alive sef.. He go don dey explain to his fore father's how he was scamming people on earth..

you nearly collect tears from my eyes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

6 Annoying Things Nigerian Interviewers Do When Interviewing An Applicant / Vacancy: Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Cummins Inc / After Getting Her A Job, I Was Abandoned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.