Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please (23766 Views)

Have You Encountered Similar Situations? Please Share Your Thoughts. / Share Your Experiences Working In A Private Company In Nigeria" / Your Experiences With Chinese Bosses As Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Treassured: 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You have only been lucky. You haven't met true professionals who invest time and money to set up a perfect scam. Anybody can be scammed. Even right now Naija politicians are scamming you!

Even this Cashless Nonsense we are currently going through now Is a Legitimate & Well Organized SCAM!!!

Legitimate & Well Organized SCAM happens all the Time and It's mostly done/orchestrated by Government and Well Established Institutions.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Kobicove(m): 5:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:

I am only speaking from truth and what I have experienced. I am not a tribalistic person. Infact I was born and I still reside in the west.

So you're not a tribalistic person but you just tagged very Yoruba person a criminal when you have not actually met every single one of them? undecided
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Jubabe2566: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
I was scam today,I thought I was chatting with Leo of UBA customer care service,not knowing it was a scam, collected my 9090k,am so heartbroken.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Blizzyblazer: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
😅😅🤣🤣🤣

Offpoint1:
Yeah, 2k Airtime to one princess who was trapped in Liberia, her father is very wealthy who left 10 Million dollars to her, but her wicked family tried to killed her, she ran to Liberia. She's a fugitive in Liberia, she was current with one pastor who was trying to helped her retrieved her money ($10m grin) She saw my contact online and she likes and trust me that's why she's revealing all of these to me.

She wants me to send 20k to the pastor who's need of it to process some document. I should please never to reveal to anyone grin Mumu me starts begging for money upandan to save my beautiful princes so I can get married to her grin grin Thank God nobody get money to gimme then, I carry my last 2k buy airtime send give pastor (Mumu me, MTN dey liberia?) Since 2011 Till today I still dey wait for my princess in Liberia grin grin

Na ogun go kee Yahoo boys grin grin Dem use fine white picture disorient innocent me make me loose guard with yeye formatgrin grin

A week after this one, another invest 1k to get 10k and 5k to 100k, carry my savings of 5k to where I no no grin grin

As I dey laidiz, even heaven and hell no fit scam me again grin grin
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by HardMirror(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
XploraBen:

It's not as if I haven't gotten clients here, it's just that I've only worked with one on long term basis... The rest just offer me per time jobs.

Upwork and Fiverr are overly saturated now as touching content writing.
It's only LinkedIn that is still a viable option.
you need to set yourself appart. Many of us have multiple clients from upwork and fivver. I even turn down jobs a lot. Many Nigerians doing well there that are content writters even the new writters. Up your game.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by SnoppyG: 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
i was scammed by a CAC pastor. i was invited to a church program and the pastor was also invited. His teaching and words were strong and they melted my harden heart. He made a altar call, I came out and that was my first altar call, i was given a Bible. He asked us to write down our names and i did. After 2 days he added me on Facebook and started calling. After a week, he called me that he wants to help or that God said he should help me. He talked about traveling out of the country and that he would pay for most expenses but i should just pay for one or two things which was up to 100k. i wasn't desperate to travel so i went to different pastors and explain to them, some on the mountain but whenever they hear about traveling, it's all good . i sold off my goods in the shop and send the money. He came to meet my family and he collected my credentials. In a nutshell, i was scammed and i went back to the church to meet the senior pastor but i was told to calm down and not to create a scene , he assured me that my money will be collected back from him but it wasn't. I later discovered that I wasn't the only one he scammed. He is still a CAC pastor, still post lots of powerful prayers and teachings on Facebook. i called him but he replied me with incantations and that i should forget it.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by lordofreal(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
You are making the same mistake that chinedue made.you are born and raised in west but you have wrong mindset against your host. If tomorrow now you come out for any elective position in that West and they start digging up this your comment that you are using against them now. You and your people will start shouting tribalism.anyway you will never learn .
MILLERMannn:
Yes, some few years ago by one Yoruba guy. He told me to register for Custom recruitment online, which I did, not knowing it is a fake site. I was requested to pay money to continue although the money was small. I paid the money only for the guy to come later and start laughing at me.
I don't think there is any successful Yoruba guy that made it without stealing other people's things or duping people.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by ComputerOperato: 5:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
I was scammed right here on NL in 2005.
I tracked the guy to Delta State (Online).
Got his pictures and all.
Then I just decided to let him let him go because I was busy with school then.
I later served there and could have mess.ed him up but time heals all wounds I guess.
The incidence taught me an important lesson in human trust.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by zukor23: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
Creamcrest:
If you need help in tracking a scammer you can holla me,I can help you get their bvn blocked and the scammer will have no option than to sign an undertaking instructing his bank to refund.

Gone are the days when scammers go scot free.

I can also help track mobile phones,track location of a scammer through his or her phone number between cell towers.

As long as you still have evidences of transactions.

Guaranteed.

WhatsApp no on my signature.
Hope I will not have to pay before your service.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Mercury12(m): 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
MILLERMannn:
Yes, some few years ago by one Yoruba guy. He told me to register for Custom recruitment online, which I did, not knowing it is a fake site. I was requested to pay money to continue although the money was small. I paid the money only for the guy to come later and start laughing at me.
idiotic IPOB. Pained loser
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by ComputerOperato: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
Offpoint1:
Yeah, 2k Airtime to one princess who was trapped in Liberia, her father is very wealthy who left 10 Million dollars to her, but her wicked family tried to killed her, she ran to Liberia. She's a fugitive in Liberia, she was current with one pastor who was trying to helped her retrieved her money ($10m grin) She saw my contact online and she likes and trust me that's why she's revealing all of these to me.

She wants me to send 20k to the pastor who's need of it to process some document. I should please never to reveal to anyone grin Mumu me starts begging for money upandan to save my beautiful princes so I can get married to her grin grin Thank God nobody get money to gimme then, I carry my last 2k buy airtime send give pastor (Mumu me, MTN dey liberia?) Since 2011 Till today I still dey wait for my princess in Liberia grin grin

Na ogun go kee Yahoo boys grin grin Dem use fine white picture disorient innocent me make me loose guard with yeye formatgrin grin

A week after this one, another invest 1k to get 10k and 5k to 100k, carry my savings of 5k to where I no no grin grin

Very funny.
I got a mail like that and showed it to my friend (in school then).
He laughed and said it is a scam.
Sebi they said I should come and do yahoo and I no gree. Now yahoo boys wan yahoo me.
It was common back then.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Jubabe2566: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
Today,99900k
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by nnol(m): 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
80% of people that fall for scam are greedy. Most precipitated their victimization. Jst like the victims of ponzi scheme, how would someone tell you to deposit 5K and get 50K a week later. Even a bank won't give such interest within a short time. I mean what legal business would the person you deposited the money to do with it to get huge interest so as to pay a huge interest from it too? These are questions we should ask ourselves by thinking extra mile.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by xtremeTall(m): 5:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
Was scammed 110k bitcoin scam earlier this month on telegram ..couldn’t belive it but it happened..i moved on

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Klass99(f): 5:45pm On Mar 20, 2023

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by MorningStar233: 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
Arry110:
Mine is very recent, I go scammed by a drop shipper my brother referred to me (my bro barely knew him) had him on WhatsApp almost a year and he seem really genuine, paid him 120,000 for him to buy a powerbank for me, it was the money I saved to get a gen, I felt this huge portable power station would be better,
I paid the money to this dude and he stopped replying me, I really feel stupid

Report to your bank and see if they could do something about it.. although they will ask for police report, that's the part that weakens me.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Godwin616: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
Offpoint1:

O boy you are very funny guy. I can't stop laughing. And your narration heeen na top notch.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by IyaTola: 6:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
shocked Lol this guy is known scammer on nairaland
Arry110:
Mine is very recent, I go scammed by a drop shipper my brother referred to me (my bro barely knew him) had him on WhatsApp almost a year and he seem really genuine, paid him 120,000 for him to buy a powerbank for me, it was the money I saved to get a gen, I felt this huge portable power station would be better,
I paid the money to this dude and he stopped replying me, I really feel stupid
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by IyaTola: 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2023
Anything Church member wan sell give you or tell you make you invest, 98% of the time, its a scam
Thobby02lawbar:
I invested 100k in a farming scheme sometimes around December 2020. I trusted the source because he was our Sunday school teacher then in RCCG. A lot of our Church members invested in rice farming, I did mine in vegetable farming. The ROI was 20k in 3 months so I wasn't thinking of it as a scam. Well I guess I was wrong. Till today shishi I no see. I almost went into depression then cos I just put to bed and I had to invest all I had with me. I cried fire!

Well, one were scammed me of 1k recently that he can help me gain contact for my business WhatsApp group. Truthfully in my mind I knew he is a scammer but I felt how much is 1k? I gave him and I told him I know he is a scammer he later blocked me 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Venekconsultt: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
what did u get scam for?

money121:
Yes
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Venekconsultt: 6:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
lol.. this guy ehh
ChybuzzDD:

I hope you're not another potential scammer
This is how they all sound at the beginning

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Vikkydotman(m): 6:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
honor4me:
Yes 44 million Naira of dollar equivalent in Naira by one Samuel Ikechukwu This is his number: +971 52 393 5161. Police are still looking for him.
we have same experience . Same name scammed me of 30k$ but with a different phone number .
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by swaagish: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Yes na.

I explained it in this video. It usually happens on JiJi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNjvoO0-Rc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by money121(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by RemoveKebab: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
Be careful of this one.
A very notorious scammer.
Edits played games as correct scores
Immediately you pay for game you will be blocked.

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by francisbarrack(m): 6:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
samuel051:
any small thing accommodate accommodate accommodate,as though the yourbas wey full other places aside west na different Yorubas. Schools in London and almost the whole London is occupied by Yorubas but no English person is louding it.. make una rest with this accommodation nonsense,as if person no pay rent or na free food he chop/dey chop for Lagos.

What m trying to put straight to u is that u should respect them n don't let us call them names... U can never c them insulting a Londoner. Hope They never scam u will accommodation? Y will u call all of them fraudster... R u alright.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by iammolise(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
IyaTola:
Please don't mind my English just pay attention to the content.

A family friend called me and asked if I'll be interested in civil defense work, I told her yes why wouldn't I? She sent me a number to call the man he'll put me through the process.

I was excited, I called the man who spoke to me calmly, he asked me to send my details to him which include my name, age, height, qualifications and all, i did that without instantly i was sooo fast while typing I'm sure even flash will be trilled at the speed.

The next day he sent a civil defense form to me to fill and scan to his mail, i did that and called him to inform him, he then acknowledge that he has seen it and told me he has forwarded my form to their H.R. I should await their call, i was soo happy immediately i dropped the call i started googling salary of a degree holder of the civil defense officer, saw 151k in my mind i was like their Father i don arrive, i go soon buy Benz.

The H.R called me and told me they've contacted my school to ask if i graduated from their school and they told them yes. He then asked for my c.v and told me to wait for my appointment letter.

Early Thursday morning omo see appointment letter for my mail o!! with my name written in capital letter... I called him to notify him of the new development, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sum of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment must be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job. I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number, i started asking my self why would federal government send me a private account number to pay for training? called the guy and said o boy u almost fooled me sha, the guy laugh and said u got me nice one and dropped the call...

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.
mehn God save u, I had an experience almost similar to this some years ago; only that mine was factory job and damn! I fall, trip, jabor, fvckup, mezebu, mumu, maga... Just call me anything I agree.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by XploraBen(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
HardMirror:
you need to set yourself appart. Many of us have multiple clients from upwork and fivver. I even turn down jobs a lot. Many Nigerians doing well there that are content writters even the new writters. Up your game.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look more into these platforms.

I'm still open to freelance writing gigs if you have any to outsource.
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by iammolise(m): 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy
RemoveKebab:
Be careful of this one.
A very notorious scammer.
Edits played games as correct scores
Immediately you pay for game you will be blocked.

mehn bro I'm sure dis girl don phish u taya cheesy
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by Odebayo4010(m): 6:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
IyaTola:
Please don't mind my English just pay attention to the content.

A family friend called me and asked if I'll be interested in civil defense work, I told her yes why wouldn't I? She sent me a number to call the man he'll put me through the process.

I was excited, I called the man who spoke to me calmly, he asked me to send my details to him which include my name, age, height, qualifications and all, i did that without instantly i was sooo fast while typing I'm sure even flash will be trilled at the speed.

The next day he sent a civil defense form to me to fill and scan to his mail, i did that and called him to inform him, he then acknowledge that he has seen it and told me he has forwarded my form to their H.R. I should await their call, i was soo happy immediately i dropped the call i started googling salary of a degree holder of the civil defense officer, saw 151k in my mind i was like their Father i don arrive, i go soon buy Benz.

The H.R called me and told me they've contacted my school to ask if i graduated from their school and they told them yes. He then asked for my c.v and told me to wait for my appointment letter.

Early Thursday morning omo see appointment letter for my mail o!! with my name written in capital letter... I called him to notify him of the new development, he congratulated me and told me i will have to pay the sum of 85k for my 2 weeks training in Kano and the payment must be made before noon but i shouldn't worry the money will be returned after my training but u have to pay early so as not to loose the job. I went ahead to borrow the money from a friend and headed to the bank to make payment i already got inside the bank before calling him to send the acct number im to sent the money, that was how the civil defense H.R sent me Yayah Suleman's acct number, i started asking my self why would federal government send me a private account number to pay for training? called the guy and said o boy u almost fooled me sha, the guy laugh and said u got me nice one and dropped the call...

There are lot of scammers out there who will try to scam you all in the name of giving you employment abeg be careful.

Wow same thing applicable to me too,but I wise pass them
Re: Have You Been Scammed Before?....share Your Thoughts And Experiences Please by PoliteActivist: 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Angelfrost:

We all create our own luck!

I have been blessed by God and protected by His wisdom!

Such Divine wisdom and contentment saved or shielded me from

MMM
MBA
ChinMark
Etc...

Naija politicians can only scam me if I allow them... I'm a fan of none of them and follow none!

If you say they are scamming the Nigerian system which I directly subscribe to, then that's a different matter altogether.

Soo how did you create your luck (or ill-luck!) of being born in Naija??
Anybody who does anything can be scammed. Some scam businesses (like Madoff) were in business for 20, 30 years, looking totally legitimate all that time. Even the monetary system is a scam! See below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / Graduates Asked To Market Fresh Fish / Police Recruitment: ‘candidates Don’t Know Names Of Nigeria President, CJN’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.