Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank (2180 Views)

Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Pls Help My Money Was Transferred / UBA Bank Ebeano Estate Enugu Amid Coronavirus Issue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
On sunday 19th march 2023, at 9:19am I received a notification of 199,000naira for rent into a 3rd party account I didn't initiate. I immediately dialled *919*10# to freeze my account but I was getting error, I searched UBA cc got the number and called for them to block my account and every means money can be withdrawn.
My ATM was with me and my phones with me and I never gave any confidential info to anyone besides I had other banks and their apps linked to my details the question is why only UBA?

Monday morning off I went to UBA to lodge a complaint and I was only told the matter is under investigation and that the individual used mobile app to withdraw the money using a tecno phone added on 19th march same day the fraud was perpetuated.

Mobile app how come? I always get notification both through mail and otp on my small phone (torch light phones because they are hard to hack it's where I put my sensitive no) concerning change of device, I checked my mail and SMS no info sent. I probed further and I was told the phone used was a tecno, never used tecno b4 all my life and definitely didn't grant any access to my mobile app.

Battle still on cause 199k is no small money the country is too hard to let go.

Cc dominique, puskin, seun

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by donvicky2007: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hold the bank responsible, you cannot activate a new UBA mobile App in another phone without the app requesting for your ATM details.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 1:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
donvicky2007:
Hold the bank responsible, you cannot activate a new UBA mobile App in another phone without the app requesting for your ATM details.

We are battling it out, thank you

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Tokskob2008: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
The way bank staffs move money from customers account this days is very worrisome, at the end of the day the bank will blame yahoo boys when in actual fact it's their staff are the main kingpins...

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Alfred74: 1:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
donvicky2007:
Factos.

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by ahnie: 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
This sure is a sad one.it hits differently, imagine in this hard economy.
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Rhozabeth(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Na those bank IT boys dey do that job. That was how they took 400k from my colleague's UBA account. Till date UBA could not trace where the money went into! I wonder why am still keeping account with them sef!

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by kingreign(m): 1:27pm On Mar 20, 2023
Mynd44 to front page, this mustn’t be swept under the carpet like that. Someone’s hard earned money

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by MatrixReloaded: 1:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
Well I'm not ruling out the fact there might be a problem
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by jaytee01(m): 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2023
It is shameful that a long-standing bank like UBA is allowing fraudsters to have a field day stealing their customers' hard earned funds.

Go online and see the dozens of fake UBA chat banking and other social media accounts to lure in unsuspecting customers!

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by yesloaded: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
nurey:
On sunday 19th march 2023, at 9:19am I received a notification of 199,000naira for rent into a 3rd party account I didn't initiate. I immediately dialled *919*10# to freeze my account but I was getting error, I searched UBA cc got the number and called for them to block my account and every means money can be withdrawn.
My ATM was with me and my phones with me and I never gave any confidential info to anyone besides I had other banks and their apps linked to my details the question is why only UBA?

Monday morning off I went to UBA to lodge a complaint and I was only told the matter is under investigation and that the individual used mobile app to withdraw the money using a tecno phone added on 19th march same day the fraud was perpetuated.

Mobile app how come? I always get notification both through mail and otp on my small phone (torch light phones because they are hard to hack it's where I put my sensitive no) concerning change of device, I checked my mail and SMS no info sent. I probed further and I was told the phone used was a tecno, never used tecno b4 all my life and definitely didn't grant any access to my mobile app.

Cc dominique

File a court case against uba

Definitely insider job

You can't use their mobile app without your ATM details or hard token.

As long as you have your ATM card with you and you don't release your hard token to anyone, then uba is 100% responsible.

Also, theres no way they won't know the exact receiving account

Put more pressure and take the matter serious with them

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
yesloaded:

Definitely insider job

As long as you have your ATM card with you and you don't release your hard token to anyone, then uba is 100% responsible.

I am sir, I have my ATM card with me.
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by imagrg(m): 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Thieves anywhere you go!

Are we breeding a generation of criminals?

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by coputa(m): 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Your money is no longer safe with Nigeria banks.

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Mercury12(m): 3:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Bank staffs. Smh undecided
They are even ready send sell bank customers information to dubious people.

These set of people robs with pen. May God punish dem.

Emifiele is one stvpid moderfuckeer. All these evil happen during his time and he only cares about setting the country on fire with his idiotic miscalculated policy undecided
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Karlifate: 4:43pm On Mar 20, 2023
coputa:
Your money is no longer safe with Nigeria banks.

Abi cheesy

Yet, they're busy discouraging many people that cares to listen, from using other apps, because they don't have physical address.
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Kobicove(m): 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
yesloaded:

Definitely insider job

Instituting a legal case against the bank in court will cost him much more than 200k!

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Chasito(m): 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
That was how 197,000 was moved from my grand mother's account January this year, and it was the same UBA.

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Rhozabeth(m): 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
Rhozabeth:
Na those bank IT boys dey do that job. That was how they took 400k from my colleague's UBA account. Till date UBA could not trace where the money went into! I wonder why am still keeping account with them sef!
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by We4all: 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
I laugh in French. 99% of people working in banks are thieves. If a yahoo boy perpetrates a financial crime, be rest assured that a bank manager or a worker made it possible. Recently, my little friend opened a GT bank account. On the day she received her atm card, she got a call asking for her card details.

She was naive and started calling out the numbers. Fortunately, her brother raced in and stopped her. If not for the customer care agent or her account officer who gave out the information, how did the scammer know she operates an account with GT bank?

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by online4business: 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
nurey:

Cc dominique, puskin, seun

Don't stop there send an email to this email address now and see your money today or tomorrow all I ask is help someone who needs help around you.

Copy all you've said here to the following email...e go shock you say your money go come out. Remove the dot's
info..@ cenbank..org,
cpd@cbn.gov.ng

Anyone wey go try that stunts with me or anyone around me don buy eku...death to all scammers.
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by emmyN(m): 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2023
UBA? I'm almost certain it would happen again. Last year, A friend had his salary wiped off his account as soon as he was paid. He complained at the bank and requested they block his old ATM and issue a new one. They did. Last month, he got a cash inflow of 30k and in less than 30 minutes after the money got in his account, it was gone! This just has to be some inside job.

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 5:58am On Mar 21, 2023
Update

I received a mail from UBA group telling me to liaise with the perpetrator and get to a branch to do a fresh ATM.

They want me to be susceptible to another attack, I have replied sha. How can I liaise with a thief I do not know.

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by wayisshut: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2023
nawa
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Stephenmoka4(m): 9:53am On Mar 21, 2023
Transaction history! What details did you see?
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 11:34am On Mar 21, 2023
Stephenmoka4:
Transaction history! What details did you see?

Name of the receiving individual.

The bank gave me the account name and account number of the individual. It was the same Bank
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2023
nurey:

Name of the receiving individual.

The bank gave me the account name and account number of the individual. It was the same Bank
Same bank should be easier than external bank, how the person got otp is suspicious! I was thinking it was spoofing or cloning but, no.
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2023
Stephenmoka4:
Same bank should be easier than external bank, how the person got otp is suspicious! I was thinking it was spoofing or cloning but, no.

Still on the matter sha. Will wait for their investigation, I have taken steps too to make the bank liable

Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2023
Nawa ooo nothing yet from UBA
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by jceesquare(m): 8:46pm On Feb 06
Was this issue ever resolved?
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by nurey(m): 9:46pm On Feb 06
jceesquare:
Was this issue ever resolved?

No, police collected 20k for investigation set, till today the man always say bank never answer am grin

Best bet is for one to be extremely careful nowadays jare.
Re: How My Money Was Moved From UBA Bank by jceesquare(m): 3:35am On Feb 07
nurey:

No, police collected 20k for investigation set, till today the man always say bank never answer am grin

Best bet is for one to be extremely careful nowadays jare.
How does one be extremely careful in this context?
Not as if you made the transfer from your own end to the wrong account number

Be careful with ATMs! / Raw, Unprocessed Diamonds For Sale / World’s Richest Woman Thinks Poor People Should Just Work Harder

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49