Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others (1203 Views)

"I Think You're Losing Your Brain": Galadima To Seun Okinbaloye (Video) / Buhari To Seun Okinbaloye: I Don't Know How Correct Your Calculation Is / My Defection To APC Is Not Finance-Related - Femi Fani-Kayode To Seun Okinbaloye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
Good afternoon, I think for the sake of clarity I would introduce myself. I am a bona-fide Yoruba man, I'm not even the kind that is from different states or towns both of my parents are from the same LGA and town, different only by compound (known as agbo-ile or agbole in Yoruba).
Also I am pro-obi (for the very long time), pro-sanwo olu (I attest to his development of Lagos and his vision). I say this to state my neurality and my desire for Nigeria. Before I became pro Obi I was pro Osinbanjo. I believe primarily in the man not the party, that I'm pro Obi didn't mean I voted for the Labour Party in the governorship and state assembly members. Like I said said the man not the party.

I have seen a couple of threads that are spot on and very sensible on this platform, two among them is the one that's titled my Yoruba shame and one that speaks about the bigotry and tribalism rooted in the foundation of our country coming out in this election. I strongly commend those patriots. God bless you.

Now I have watched keenly the tribal war that started on nairaland from last year, which has existed in some measure but became aggravated with the election and even worst after the presidential election until now. I have seen topics that are so inhumane and derogatory that I can't imagine that a living human being would say such. I saw things that I can't say to my worst enemy. People like Bayo Onanuga and FFK statements are not like Yoruba. Omoluabi is not a title its a state, that Yoruba people stand for and by what is right. Awolowo and others would be turning in their graves at the level of bigotry that we have dished out in recent times.

It's so so shameful that we are the second or third most religious country, I am more than sad and disappointed that Christians and Muslims alike have forgotten the teachings of the Holy books about love and tolerance. When you see us drag countries like Ghana and South Africa online you'll think we love each other or that we love Nigeria, some of us are not worthy to sing the national anthem or pledge. It's shameful, anyone who cos of his tribe or political associations can speak vile of another human being is not a human but worst than an animal, its a beast. You should be ashamed of yourself, that you went to school but don't have sense. I can't imagine how you can live with yourself.
Can you bank with a bank that's only Yoruba, would you stop a doctor from operating you because he's hausa, will you not watch a football match because an Igbo person is sitting next to you? What pride and arrogance that you think you can live alone without any other tribe, how can you get onions without aboki, or petroleum products without apkos, or palm oil and spare parts without chukwudi, every part has what it supplies that makes us indispensable.
Therefore I call on Seun and the moderators that this is a time to come hard on any operator or thread that promotes this madness by deleting the thread and banning, Nigeria cannot develop with these kinds of attitudes and action and nairaland should not support it by been silent.
Thank you

P.s. Your contrary, illogical and/or insensible response are inconsequential. I am more pro Nigeria than I am pro party or pro man, you were first a Nigerian than you were any tribe or religion, you can chose you religion and even change it, you can learn another's language and culture because you didn't know yours or grew with them but you can't change your gene that's where Nigeria is.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Karemarealty288(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
If there is any pogrom today....nairaland is part of the enabler..... Seun is complicit.

13 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by fman(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
U try....
But tribalism still runs in your bloodline.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by incandescentena: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:
U try....
Thanks

Ofcourse. Tribalism will forever run in their bloodline.

Was it not Awolowo their father who introduced Tribalism into Nigerian politics?!

*spit

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by kozmokaz(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2023
The only thing this election brought to limelight is that inter tribal marriage should be abolished

Always know this
Thanks to the folks that tolled that part

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by kozmokaz(m): 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2023
Karemarealty288:
If there is any pogrom today....nairaland is part of the enabler..... Seun is complicit.

Tribalism have been the bedrock of the forum

I really think mental checks should be done on mods seun employ on the forum.

Both on igbo mods , yoruba mod and hausa mods

Most times I go through a post

I fore see Tribal fight brewing on it even before it starts .

The mods won't say they also don't see that

But I think they enjoy that or maybe seun generate more traffic on that 😆

Well been here for over 9 /10 years and the shit keeps getting worst

I really would have loved deactivate my account for my sanity having friends from other tribes too as friends and won't wanna start having this perception of them ..

Maybe I will just stay off politics and crime sections

Those are the epicenter of the whole shit

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:
U try....
Thanks

And what runs in yours?

The only sensible thing to do is to speak against the evil and not react cause you are pained. Bigotry is wrong no matter who is giving or receiving it, except we condon the Rwanda genocide

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by incandescentena: 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
Pro this, Pro that .....bullsh!t.....op just trying to exonerate himself from all the evil they know and kept mute

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
incandescentena:

Ofcourse. Tribalism will forever run in their bloodline.

Was it not Awolowo their father who introduced Tribalism into Nigerian politics?!

*spit

And what runs in yours?

The only sensible thing to do is to speak against the evil and not react cause you are pained. Bigotry is wrong no matter who is giving or receiving it, except we condon the Rwanda genocide
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by obaeko666: 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2023
Nigeria is on the brink. Guys please avoid road travelling at this point. Its best to stay around your family at this time. The country might explode any moment from now
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2023
incandescentena:
Pro this, Pro that .....bullsh!t.....op just trying to exonerate himsel

Lolx hahahahahaha exonerate myself from what? Will you come beat me in my house? Or there's a benefit that you give to me that I won't get?

I stand by what I believe, your opinion is inconsequential, I won't shift ground cos you are having a contrary opinion.

But for the sake of reasoning with you, prove everyman what manner or sort he is. Go and check my profile and see if there is ever any thread of bigotry or I'm forked tongued.

I can generally ASSUME that you are Igbo and a christian, I will speak to you based on the later cause I am unapologetically one, is Jesus proud of me as a Christian based on this. The Lord allowed contradictions of men and didn't revile back, that is what is expected sir/ma

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by fman(m): 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2023
Adeebiwa09:

And what runs in yours?

react cause you are pained.
☝️☝️and you just reacted....
Cos I told you the bitter truth...
No matter how much you try to paint it...
Tribalism runs in your bloodline. Simple and short.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by BOYS2MEN: 3:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
Oga directly condemn your afonja brothers and sisters no dey beat around the bush......ETHNIC BIGOTS ...is not as if I am even proud to b called a Nigerian....with the likes of yoruBAS and northerners I reject Nigeria with my full chest...infact I'd make sure I pass the message to my generations to come.....
Adeebiwa09:
Good afternoon, I think for the sake of clarity I would introduce myself. I am a bona-fide Yoruba man, I'm not even the kind that is from different states or towns both of my parents are from the same LGA and town, different only by compound (known as agbo-ile or agbole in Yoruba).
Also I am pro-obi (for the very long time), pro-sanwo olu (I attest to his development of Lagos and his vision). I say this to state my neurality and my desire for Nigeria. Before I became pro Obi I was pro Osinbanjo. I believe primarily in the man not the party, that I'm pro Obi didn't mean I voted for the Labour Party in the governorship and state assembly members. Like I said said the man not the party.

I have seen a couple of threads that are spot on and very sensible on this platform, two among them is the one that's titled my Yoruba shame and one that speaks about the bigotry and tribalism rooted in the foundation of our country coming out in this election. I strongly commend those patriots. God bless you.

Now I have watched keenly the tribal war that started on nairaland from last year, which has existed in some measure but became aggravated with the election and even worst after the presidential election until now. I have seen topics that are so inhumane and derogatory that I can't imagine that a living human being would say such. I saw things that I can't say to my worst enemy. People like Bayo Onanuga and FFK statements are not like Yoruba. Omoluabi is not a title its a state, that Yoruba people stand for and by what is right. Awolowo and others would be turning in their graves at the level of bigotry that we have dished out in recent times.

It's so so shameful that we are the second or third most religious country, I am more than sad and disappointed that Christians and Muslims alike have forgotten the teachings of the Holy books about love and tolerance. When you see us drag countries like Ghana and South Africa online you'll think we love each other or that we love Nigeria, some of us are not worthy to sing the national anthem or pledge. It's shameful, anyone who cos of his tribe or political associations can speak vile of another human being is not a human but worst than an animal, its a beast. You should be ashamed of yourself, that you went to school but don't have sense. I can't imagine how you can live with yourself.
Can you bank with a bank that's only Yoruba, would you stop a doctor from operating you because he's hausa, will you not watch a football match because an Igbo person is sitting next to you? What pride and arrogance that you think you can live alone without any other tribe, how can you get onions without aboki, or petroleum products without apkos, or palm oil and spare parts without chukwudi, every part has what it supplies that makes us indispensable.
Therefore I call on Seun and the moderators that this is a time to come hard on any operator or thread that promotes this madness by deleting the thread and banning, Nigeria cannot develop with these kinds of attitudes and action and nairaland should not support it by been silent.
Thank you

P.s. Your contrary, illogical and/or insensible response are inconsequential. I am more pro Nigeria than I am pro party or pro man, you were first a Nigerian than you were any tribe or religion, you can chose you religion and even change it, you can learn another's language and culture because you didn't know yours or grew with them but you can't change your gene that's where Nigeria is.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by fman(m): 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Adeebiwa09:

I can generally ASSUME that you are Igbo and a christian.
like I told you previously, and I will still repeat myself:
Tribalism runs in your bloodline!
Wetin Igbo people do una?
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Charleys: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
Why IGBO WOMEN SHOULD RECONSIDER MARRYING YORUBA MEN

it's not my intention to further add to nauseating tribalism seriously emerging in lagos state. its obvious that the instigators of these tribal propaganda and the illiterates that were willing tools; playing to their tune is now raising questions for the igbos especially our daughters,
since one nigeria isnt plausible in lagos state please reconsider the children you will want to bring into this country especially if married to a yoruba guy in lagos

i can bet you that many who were offering their condolence to Davido's late son would still be same people that will attack his son if he was to contest in an election in lagos state after all Davido is a pdp supporter which further buttresses my point

dear igbo women i ask what is the future of your children if married to a yoruba man because more divide could even start from the family.

if the inter marrying of a yoruba guy and igbo lady havent reduced the unearthed bad blood between these two ethnic groups in this post election, when and if the final line is drawn and you were to choose sides where will you stand ?

your children will be tagged omo ale...half strangers in their father's land and can only be taken seriously if they are put in the political way which is the corrupt structure existing in Lagos

dear young Igbo women..what is the future of that your child with a yoruba man ? if you can bear it for whatever reason you are entering that relationship i pray you stand strong

we failed as Nigerians from moving forward from our past, Nairaland failed a Nigeria as well..there is nothing new, no fresh air for a greater tomorrow rather its business as usual

This post was to only shine a light to one of those consequences caused by the ethnic bigotry we see today,..how will business continue, what plotting will arise, who will kill who, how will children of various tribes see one another,etc the seeds we sow today we produce these consequences mentioned and even more

i wave the one Nigerian flag no more

From INTELTOWER

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 3:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:
like I told you previously, and I will still repeat myself:
Tribalism runs in your bloodline!
Wetin Igbo people do una?

Well if you must know, maybe
1. Well I THINK the average Yoruba person has a biase towards Igbo, I don't know why probably marriage things or business prowess I don't know
2. Some people have bitter experiences with igbos, I hear a few but that them not me
3. Not all Yorubas hate igbos, some inter married, some in your assertions don't forget that
Finally, Well if it runs in my bloodline (amongst Yorubas) its not in my blood. There's no one or tribe I hate or detest, even the ones people have reservations for.

There is no tribe that has exclusive good characters cos it's not tribe dependant it's people dependant. There's are good and bad Yoruba, Igbo, hausa, there are good and bad "Muslims" or "Christians". It would be an error on my part (which is what you are tending towards) to assume everyone in one religion or tribe is bad cos I meet many bad ones.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 4:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:

☝️☝️and you just reacted....
Cos I told you the bitter truth...
No matter how much you try to paint it...
Tribalism runs in your bloodline. Simple and short.

Lolx hahahahahaha it's funny how people like to justify themselves when they are wrong. You are speaking from the place of being pained.

I addressed a general problem, you reacted by saying a assertive statement which is borderline bigotry that it runs in my bloodline, the question what runs in yours is inquisitive to know what runs in yours. If like the other person that spoke and has not said what he should say earlier. Simple "I agree with you but it's Yoruba people that stated it" instead you dished out what you were served hate, that will lead to more hate. Please desist from such

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Yemike(m): 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
At the end of the day y'all will claim to be intelligent? How can you be when a small group of people is using y'all for their political gain. Can't y'all think? The politicians planted the seed, we're watering it with tears and hatred and when the seed finally blossom and it turn out to anarchy the politicians will take their families and japa, we'll be the one destroying ourselves and properties.

I used to think the Igbos are smart and the Yorubas intelligent until this election. Back in school I have igbo classmates, at home we have Igbo as neighbours, as coworkers and there isn't any problem.

Social media is probably above majority of Nigerians IQ cuz this tribalism lies mostly on igbos and yorubas that have decided to adopt social media as their brain box.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
Oga directly condemn your afonja brothers and sisters no dey beat around the bush......ETHNIC BIGOTS ...is not as if I am even proud to b called a Nigerian....with the likes of yoruBAS and northerners I reject Nigeria with my full chest...infact I'd make sure I pass the message to my generations to come.....

Please borrow me wisdom as one of the three wise men that visited Jesus or king Solomon (I'm not teasing or insulting I mean it, you be like person wey know pass me), how best can I condemn my Yoruba? Just tell me make I do am sharp sharp if it will pacify you.
Meanwhile saying afonja is bigotry by the way, you are crying wolf while you do same and say I should condemn them, so who will condemn you?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by fman(m): 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2023
Adeebiwa09:

Well if you must know, maybe
1. Well I THINK the average Yoruba person has a biase towards Igbo, I don't know why probably marriage things or business prowess I don't know
2. Some people have bitter experiences with igbos, I hear a few but that them not me
3. Not all Yorubas hate igbos, some inter married, some in your assertions don't forget that
Finally, Well if it runs in my bloodline (amongst Yorubas) its not in my blood. There's no one or tribe I hate or detest, even the ones people have reservations for.

There is no tribe that has exclusive good characters cos it's not tribe dependant it's people dependant. There's are good and bad Yoruba, Igbo, hausa, there are good and bad "Muslims" or "Christians". It would be an error on my part (which is what you are tending towards) to assume everyone in one religion or tribe is bad cos I meet many bad ones.
whether good or bad, holy or unholy: the average Yoruba is a tribalist..
Prejudice and biased towards other tribes
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Adeebiwa09(m): 4:39pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:
whether good or bad, holy or unholy: the average Yoruba is a tribalist..
Prejudice and biased towards other tribes

Now we are on the same page and I agree with you
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by fman(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2023
Adeebiwa09:

seems u guys have trust issues.

Though I don't know much about your tribe... Cos I don't mingle with Yorubas , I always give you guys space:
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by mikmash(m): 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
Just imagine. Between I'm a northerner.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Throwback: 5:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
I hope this OP trying to be woke in the midst of enemies, has received the education he needs from the Igbo responses on this forum.

You idiots never learn.

You are the political enemy of the Igbos.

Know this and know peace.

See their anger and hatred, because we thwarted their agenda in Lagos.

I will never be deceived by the crocodile tears.

As long as I do not give the Igbo what he would never give me, I am his enemy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Saintsquare(m): 5:24pm On Mar 20, 2023
Adeebiwa09:

Why are you trying so hard to be nice?

Everyone knows election period brings out the sentimental side that we try to hide. If I know saying derogary words will trigger the sentiment then I'm as guilty as you when you retaliate.

I totally condemn the attacks at the polling units however we all saw it coming and it's sad the law enforcement did little or nothing to savage the situation.

If the election is truly between two Yorubas then why are the Igbos crying more than the bereaved?

LP failed to do a thorough due diligence about Gbadegbo's conduct regarding previous insults on Twitter. The internet never forgets.....

Bitter truth is, both Igbos and Yorubas are culprits of tribalism however interest differs.

I see some people using Yorubas who hold public offices in the UK as parameter however did any of them insult the sensitivity of the host country?

No one should play victim here, and I don't believe we hate each other, even families fight dirty over personal interests.

Ire o
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Flames40: 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:
U try....
Thanks

Nsu....
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by juri: 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2023
Some times I wonder how some of us reason in this country. Somebody created a very intelligent thread to address a serious ongoing concern and threat in our society. Rather than commend him and make progressive surgestions why the owners and operators of the Nairaland Platform should take his well thought out case seriously, people are busy regurgitating and expressing the very ills he was trying hard to address.

Let's try to shun evil, speak against it before it consumes us all. Well-done OP. Sadly, topics like these may not be one of those on the front page. But silly and unproductive topics will take front role. Let's all play our part to guarantee a better world. Even if as Nigerians we decide to go our separate ways, it can be done peacefully with civility and dignity.

Thank you all.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by fman(m): 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2023
Flames40:

Nsu....
am not surprised, keep showing your self tribalist.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by ElSudani: 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
Adeebiwa09:

Thank you

Garbage write up. I guess you are oblivious to the type of provocation and tribalism being propagated by Ibos on this website. It didn't start with the elections, it has been going on for years.
The Ibos tried to discredit Tinubu more than they tried to promote Obi, still you are oblivious of this.
Please enough of this hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Flames40: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
fman:
am not surprised, keep showing your self tribalist.

What is nsu in Tub language? Ur signature says u are Tiv right?
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Googledotcom: 6:16pm On Mar 20, 2023
Buhari also aggravated it by calling a part of the country 5%ters, let's not forget.
Re: An Open Letter To Seun, Moderators And Others by Googledotcom: 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
ElSudani:

Garbage write up. I guess you are oblivious to the type of provocation and tribalism being propagated by Ibos on this website. It didn't start with the elections, it has been going on for year.
The Ibos tried to discredit Tinubu more than they tried to promote Obi, still you are oblivious of this.
Please enough of this hypocrisy.
Is Dino Melaye also Igbo ? Brainless folk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Decided To Join This Forum On My 60th Birthday Today / May 29 - Enemies Of Nigeria Still Pushing For Inauguration / About Tomorrow PEPT... Nigerians (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.