Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag (7771 Views)

Photo: Amaechi Arriving Ngige's Home With Swag / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics / Obasanjo Is An Embarrassment To The Military - Nigeria Defence HQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2011
And the man he visited was killed 2 days later

OBJ acted the undercover agent for Retardeen to hit the Boko Haram people
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Kolababa: 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
When I wrote it that you dont negotiate with terrorists, somebody said my submission is senseless that his own OBJ visit is most sensible. Now, the breaking news now is that the person that entertained OBJ on Yusuff family behalf has been killed this afternoon. These are the people that have an extreme and wrong religious belief about holy war. They have abandoned the teachings of Quran they claim they are following. Quran 4 verse 29 and 30 condemned committing suicide under any form and Allah said in verse 30 that anybody that commits it will be condemned to hell fire.
So negotiating with them is like flogging a dead horse and for your information, the Yusuff family may even have no say anymore on these satanic people as they are likely might have had a link to Al-Qaeda. So their allegiance will be to the Al-Qaeda not the initial Yusuff family.
The fact is GEJ and PDP are hiding something for Nigerians about the sponsors of this group.ating with them is like flogging a dead horse and for your information, the Yusuff family may even have no say anymore on these satanic people as they are likely might have had a link to Al-Qaeda. So their allegiance will be to the Al-Qaeda not the initial Yusuff family.
The fact is GEJ and PDP are hiding something for Nigerians about the sponsors of this group.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by okadaman2: 7:22pm On Sep 17, 2011
okada_man:

[People in Maiduguri know them and I'm sure the Boko Haram camp is not in their compound.

My point is that you are assuming these families have some tangible influence over the Boko Haram sect itself and their "faceless Ustaz". I hope your assumption is correct. I doubt it.

People who fight ideological struggles like the Boko Haram claimed they are fighting do not care too much about what in-laws or relatives say or believe. It's like appealing to Hitler's uncle to help stop Hitler from killing Jews.

Or begging Osama-Bin-Laden's father to make Osama stop his Jihad.

I posted this before we got the News that one of those visited by OBJ has been shot dead

Beaf, if we finally confirm that the Babakura was killed by Boko Haram, then I'm sad that my assumptions are correct.

YOU CANNOT FIGHT AN IDEOLOGICAL WAR WITH BEGGING.

Every thing cannot be solved by the usual Naija way of throwing money and big man swagger around.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 17, 2011
OBJ is a great Man, he deserve respect. His Administration was even better than that of this dull GEJ.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by AmAlone: 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2011
Where is Beaf? - lol

So much attacking. I guess he has found his square root!!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-762182.32.html
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by ektbear: 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2011
Negotiating with terrorists never works.

Hunting them down and killing them is the only solution that is effective

Good intentions by OBJ I guess, but not going to help
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Olaone1: 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf meant:

Obasanjo is a grimy man, a dude who swans and swanks. Obasanjo is an i.diot
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by EvilBrain1(m): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
I didn't consider OBJ to be a good leader during his tenure, but after seeing the incompetent, dim-witted m0r0ns that have followed him, I have had to lower my standards drastically. His visit to Mohammed Yusuf's family was a sensible and courageous move, far better than anything the reta.rds in the federal government have done so far.

The fact is that Nigeria owes those people an apology. The present Boko Haram is a creation of the federal government. Until Yar'Adua's government sent police and soldiers to massacre thousands of innocent (until proven guilty) muslim men and  boys in cold blood, Boko Haram was just a local nuisance. If they had done the same thing in my home town, you can bet your last dollar that I'll be mixing plastic explosive in my kitchen right now.

Actions have consequences. You can't commit mass murder and expect people not to get angry and fight back which ever way they can. All those people in the UN building were killed by the federal government as far as I'm concerned. And the biggest terrorist group in Nigeria is our Nigerian Police Force not Boko Haram.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by cap28: 10:41pm On Sep 17, 2011
This is the traitor that the likes of Beaf and other sycophants respect:

Obasanjo's Curious Alliances
To track the careers of the high-ranking U.S. policy makers of the 1970s into the present time is to follow a sequence of bizarre coincidences -- or perhaps something far more sinister. It is here that Obasanjo's ties to the "inner circle" in Washington and New York become apparent.

At the time of Mohammed's assassination, the United States Ambassador to Nigeria was Donald Easum, who enjoyed a cordial relationship with Henry Kissinger, then U.S. Secretary of State.

After leaving his overseas post up through the early 1990s, Easum headed an outfit called the African-American Institute, which is headquartered across the street from United Nations in New York. The African-American Institute is an establishment created in 1954 with CIA money to promote an "exchange" of ideas between the United States and the people of Africa. It is essentially the "liberal" face of CIA-inspired meddling in Africa's internal political institutions.

Although Easum was the chief of AAI, Obasanjo could easily be called its most visible African.[/b]Obasanjo is an AAI trustee, and heads its prominent African Leadership Forum. He was specially honored at the AAI Sixth Annual Awards Dinner in November, 1989. Among those serving on the advisory board of Obasanjo's Forum is the Vietnam war era Defence Secretary and one-time World Bank president, Robert McNamara.

In June of 1990, McNamara was charged with planning a four-day World Bank conference in Lagos, at which [b]population control was the only agenda. The birth reduction programme, as the Kissinger-era National Security Council paper shows, was aimed at crushing Nigeria not only militarily but also economically. Larger populations produce more wealth, and more wealth in the hands of Nigerians would mean less dependence on western "development" institutions and heightened regional influence. So obvious was the ploy that the Bank itself dared not make such a pronouncement. Instead, it sent for Obasanjo.

During its planning and implementation, the Lagos conference was a well-kept secret, and World Bank press officers referred inquiries to Obasanjo's office in New York. After the meeting, however, Obasanjo publicly called upon Nigerian leaders to implement mandatory birth curbs barring families from having more than three children.

And while Obasanjo was in Lagos demanding that compulsory birth control be foisted on unsuspecting Nigerians, [/b]Easum's African American Institute was busy building a shadowy political network to make it a reality. Under a tightly-worded contract between AAI and the Agency for International Development, the Institute agreed to be instrumental in producing "a policy climate conducive to the successful execution of a national family planning effort [in Nigeria] and to strengthen federal, state, and local government capability in strategic planning in order to efficiently mobilise and execute an effective and self-sustaining national family planning programme."

Another outfit with extensive ties to Washington's "secret establishment" is the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), a right-wing geopolitical "think-tank" whose most conspicuous team member is Henry Kissinger.

Obasanjo's footprints can be found all over CSIS. On 15 December 1987, the former Nigerian leader delivered the CSIS David M. Abshire lecture -- an annual event of no small importance which takes its name from the Center's ambitious founder and head. Abshire was the first director of the Board for International Broadcasting and is a member of the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board.

The Intelligence Advisory Board, established by presidential decree in October of 1985, is a select group of individuals chosen by the president and authorised to "continually review the performance of all agencies of the Federal government that are engaged in the collection, evaluation, or production of intelligence or the execution of intelligence policy." It makes recommendations directly to the president and, when approved by the president, "to the Director of Central Intelligence, the Central Intelligence Agency, and other government agencies engaged in intelligence and related activities."

Indeed, Abshire's CSIS publishes and sells materials written by Obasanjo, including a small paperback book titled, "Forging a Compact in U.S.-Africa Relations," which is based on Obasanjo's 1987 lecture.

And roughly four years ago, Obasanjo was the featured speaker at a Washington conference on "Sudan and Nigeria: Reli- gion, Nationalism and Intolerance," which was sponsored by the government-controlled (and deceptively-named) U.S. Institute for Peace. There he presented a rambling talk that called for a "mental decarbonisation of the generality of the people in both countries [Sudan and Nigeria]" -- something his militaristic audience may well have interpreted as a veiled reference to wholesale brainwashing.

A Matter of Timing
The sequence of events that occurred in February of 1976 seems even more bizarre if one looks at what happened at the very top level of government -- the White House.

[b]In the fall of 1975, Ford selected a new Director of Central Intelligence, who was sworn in to office on January 30, 1976 -- exactly two weeks before the coup that brought Obasanjo to power -- over the objections of many of the same legislators who had labored to uncover abuses by the secret agency. The new CIA chief had a reputation as being the nation's most enthusiastic supporter of foreign population control measures in the 1960s and early 1970s, both as a member of the House of Representatives and as Nixon's envoy to the UN, and he later engineered the oil-motivated massacre of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. His name: George Bush.

It was not until 18 February 1976 -- five days after Mohammed was killed and more than two weeks after Bush took charge of the CIA -- that President Ford signed the long-awaited Executive Order 11905 on the subject of "United States Foreign Intelligence Activi- ties." The directive stated: "No employee of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination." By then, of course, Obasanjo had been safely installed as Brig. Mohammed's replacement. [/b]
Indeed, the influence gained by merely having a hand in a change of leadership could be enough to explain Obasanjo's pro-U.S. tendencies -- even if no conclusive evidence were ever found to link him directly to the CIA prior to Mohammed's assassination.

Whether or not Obasanjo acted on behalf of the United States in his recent attempt to bring down Nigeria's military government, one thing is certain: the United States intends to remain engaged in the oil-rich west African nation. And the 19-year-old Country Plan for Nigeria that was issued the year of Muritala Mohammed's assassination is still timely today when it says, "USIS has a particularly significant role to play in stimulating increased American influence in Nigeria, now of considerably heightened importance to U.S. strategic and economic interests,  [U.S. operatives will seek to promote] attitudes which are sympathetic to assuring U.S. access to Nigeria's energy resources on reasonable terms, "

A TRAITOR, A WESTERN COLLABORATOR , A MURDERER - this is the man foolish beaf praises and describes as " the dude with swag".

nigeria - a country where 3/4 of the population are congenital i.diots.

http://www.dawodu.com/cia1.htm
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by nduchucks: 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: ndu_chucks
My aboki brother ndu_chucks , you and I agree again!
I really think that apart from your occasional support for genocidal state actions, you are actually one cool dude. cool
You and I share a passion for a functional corruption free homeland. And I haven't seen you support any of these thieves; yet.
I am still waiting for the day you would repent of your extremist shoot to kill state policy against unarmed groups such as MASSOB. wink

Onlytruth, the only issue I have with you is that you don't want to let go of your civil war losses, and fight for ONE Nigeria. I do not support genocidal state actions of any form as you stated above. When MASSOB declares publicly that they are against treasonous acts, I will support them fully. The name MASSOB means that the organization has a goal of comitting treason. Why should any sane one Nigerian support that?

As you know, one of the men OBJ met has now been shot dead. This shows that GEJ, OBJ and other so-called government operatives are naive and clueless as to how to handle Boko Haram. OBJ's PR stunt has backfired as it should. Prison or worse, awaits him and his likes.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by okadaman2: 11:16pm On Sep 17, 2011
Evil Brain:

I didn't consider OBJ to be a good leader during his tenure, but after seeing the incompetent, dim-witted m0r0ns that have followed him, I have had to lower my standards drastically. His visit to Mohammed Yusuf's family was a sensible and courageous move, far better than anything the reta.rds in the federal government have done so far.

The fact is that Nigeria owes those people an apology. The present Boko Haram is a creation of the federal government. Until Yar'Adua's government sent police and soldiers to massacre thousands of innocent (until proven guilty) muslim men and  boys in cold blood, Boko Haram was just a local nuisance. If they had done the same thing in my home town, you can bet your last dollar that I'll be mixing plastic explosive in my kitchen right now.

Actions have consequences. You can't commit mass murder and expect people not to get angry and fight back which ever way they can. All those people in the UN building were killed by the federal government as far as I'm concerned. And the biggest terrorist group in Nigeria is our Nigerian Police Force not Boko Haram.

Very sensible post.

But I bet if you'd posted this a just 4 days ago, the usual "GEJ can do no wrong",  "North must die" gang would have called for your head. They would have read your post as an attack on PDP and call you a Boko Haramite  grin

Just to add also, any Boko Haram member involved in any bombing and murder of innocent Nigerians must also be hunted down, tried and sentenced to death. It does not matter if it takes 100 Years, murderers must pay for their crimes.

Without justice there will be no peace and progress.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Beaf: 11:17pm On Sep 17, 2011
I don't see how Baba Fugu's death downplays Obj's visit. All those crying that it has, have only made emotional statements that are not grounded in anything solid.
If anything, the killing has told the govt much more about the group than they knew 2 days ago, it also places whatever discussions Baba Fugu had with Obj as highly useful pieces of info. In fact, if Baba Fugu was a boko haram member of any importance, then its a win-win situation for the FG.

. . .I correctly recall that he said 40% of boko harams membership is scattered in Niger and Chad. If thats not critical info, what is?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by nduchucks: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2011
Beaf:

. . .I correctly recall that he said 40% of boko harams membership is scattered in Niger and Chad. If thats not critical info, what is?

If the bolded is critical news to OBJ and government security operatives, then we are all in big trouble.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Onlytruth(m): 11:26pm On Sep 17, 2011

Onlytruth, the only issue I have with you is that you don't want to let go of your civil war losses, and fight for ONE Nigeria. I do not support genocidal state actions of any form as you stated above. When MASSOB declares publicly that they are against treasonous acts, I will support them fully. The name MASSOB means that the organization has a goal of comitting treason. Why should any sane one Nigerian support that?

As you know, one of the men OBJ met has now been shot dead. This shows that GEJ, OBJ and other so-called government operatives are naive and clueless as to how to handle Boko Haram. OBJ's PR stunt has backfired as it should. Prison or worse, awaits him and his likes.

ndu_chucks,

Let me tell you what you know already, and it is that ANY genocide is wrong, and shooting UNARMED citizens for ANY reason whatsoever is treasonable. But both happens in Nigeria, with your tacit or implied support.
You have to take positions based on principle. For example, I am against ANY form of state sanctioned murder even if it happened to a Yusuf Mohammed. When he was gunned down without trial and due court process, I was one of the first Nigerians here to condemn it.
You cannot support Satan and condemn the Devil.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by nduchucks: 11:36pm On Sep 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

ndu_chucks,

Let me tell you what you know already, and it is that ANY genocide is wrong, and shooting UNARMED citizens for ANY reason whatsoever is treasonable. But both happens in Nigeria, with your tacit or implied support.
You have to take positions based on principle. For example, I am against ANY form of state sanctioned murder even if it happened to a Yusuf Mohammed. When he was gunned down without trial and due court process, I was one of the first Nigerians here to condemn it.
You cannot support Satan and condemn the Devil.

Nwannem,, you are blowing smelly hot air again, in a dispicable attempt to claim that I support violence of any kind. What tacit or implied support for the act of shooting unarmed Nigerians are you talking about? Please support your claims with evidence, olodo. Show us the basis for your conclusions, its not enough to imagine facts and attempt to paint, a pious and detribalized Nigerian as a supporter of government sponsored violence.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Beaf: 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2011
ndu_chucks:

If the bolded is critical news to OBJ and government security operatives, then we are all in big trouble.

Any info is good intelligence. It is scraps of info that build the big picture.
Even the killing of Baba Fugu provides info to govt about the synergies between the 3 splinters of boko haram.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Ninilowo(m): 12:14am On Sep 18, 2011
Blessed are the peace makers; for they shall be called the children of God. Obj has now b'come a child of God his antecedents notwithstanding. i salute u jare OBJ of Africa! nothing do u na una dey do something
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by cap28: 12:19am On Sep 18, 2011
obj is merely trying to save his own skin - he knows that the powers behind boko haram are bigger and more powerful than the nigerian govt, the nigerian govt is now at the mercy of a huge destabilisation programme and OBJ now realises that he could be a target - how can a man who authorised the massacre of men women and children in odi suddenly become a man of peace?

this man is a genocidal traitor who has done nothing positive for nigerians, unfortunatley for him his day of reckoning is at hand - boko haram will be is nemesis -its now payback for all those corrupt scum bags that have run nigeria into the ground.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by geogeo01: 3:23am On Sep 18, 2011
So now that the so called BH late leaders has been shot dead, what now becomes of obasanjos peace talks
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by ddippset(m): 11:10am On Sep 18, 2011
boko haram dont need no peace talks.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by silibaba: 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2011
THUMB UP to you BOLO (OBJ)
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by 1luvkipsus: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2011
Take it or leave it,obj remains a living legend;one of d few great men in d universe.May God grant him long life.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Merc: 10:49am On Sep 19, 2011
OBj is a brave man, courageous but very selfish. Shikena!!!
tongue
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by MMM2(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2011
who cares
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2011
OBJ - biggest looter in African history

impoverished Nigerians devaluing Naira by 500% !!! and making our currency worthless angry

Mismanaged / looted our national Airline until closure, yeah what a "legend" he is angry

The more I learn about this man the more rotten he is.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by shumno(f): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2011
Weldone sir (Obasanjo). At least it is a right step in the right direction, which should have been taken a long time ago. he is not sitting down, folding his arms and watching GEJ fail but doing something about the myriad of problems facing Nigeria. All our past leaders should take a que from here, he has set a good example. Like someone mentioned earlier, he is neither a northerner nor a muslim, I therefore give president Obasanjo the credit. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2011
As commander in chief, Obasanjo is merely GEJ's envoy unless you think his is acting on his own.

It is not possible for Obasanjo to meet Boko Haram, without GEJ's say so.

Now comes the question :

Is OBJ still running the government for behind the scenes?
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by shumno(f): 2:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by mfadayiro: 3:19pm On Sep 19, 2011
Dia is no boubdt about it dat he's a great Man and he will always be,
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by PointB: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2011
@Topic,
I am with Wole Soyinka on this one. I think Obj is a big Azzhole for going to fraternise with terrorists to the chagrin of victims!
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by 1025: 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2011
@beaf,
i know in ur wisdom, u must be asking obama why he did not visit the osama family? i am yet to understand how a self acclaimed national leader will visit the family of a criminal/a killer yet many of us here gather to celebrate him.
this accounts for why militants are recieving more attentions and cares than loyal citizens of this country.
it is a shame indeed.
why was obasanjo not visiting families of victims of boko haram? why is obasanjo not visiting innocent nigerians loosing their lives on daily bases on our death trap roads?
if goodluck and giving amnesty to militants and kidnappers and boko haram, tell me what those of us who are loyal are getting from our govt. is it better to be in one bad group in nigeria and end up been sponsored to abroad for a training programme than to die wrecthed and loyal in nigeria.
permit me to say that crime pays more in nigeria than good man position starting from those who are rulling us.
Re: Obasanjo Is A Great Man, A Dude With Swag by mfadayiro: 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2011
He might be wrong in your own estimation remember posterity will 4give who took wrong decision,it will not 4give those who did'nt take any action at all like Council of elders in the North where its affected most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check Out The Full Meaning Of PVC / PHOTO: Should Federal Road Safety Corps Officer Carry A Gun? / PHOTOS: Biafra Members Waving Biafra Flag At RIO Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.