Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election (64770 Views)

Buhari Meets With Benue Governor-elect, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia (photos) / APC Appeal Committee Nullifies Benue Guber Primaries / Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by SunMusk(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Ortom Loss has nothing to do with Peter Obi please. Ortom was endorsing Peter Obi so he will win is sit, if you re from benue state you will know and be shocked how comes did he win second term as a governor. Ortom was a failure. You will be surprised that he charm benue people to win second term. Tinubu is not popular in benue state, get it now. The reasons APC win is bcs of the Rev father,not Tinubu per say.
TooNoisy:
Ortom is a loser just like Obi. Ortom lost his Senate sit and had been kicked out. Look at how he ended for supporting Obi. He made a monumental.mistake by aligning with Obi. He should have worked with APC at the presidential. Even at that Tinubu won his state at the presidential elections.

Congrats to APC candidate. A distinguished gentleman. Next time Ortom should learn from Wike and Makinde. They are both smiling now. Follow who know Road... Wike and Makinde know Road. No follow Obi o.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by juman(m): 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Second state lost by pdp.
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by DanAugust2021: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Tingotoe:
The last rev father to govern the state was a disaster
You are a despicable liar. Late Rev Adasu made BSU possible and other projects in less than 2 years of his reign as the governor of Benue State.

6 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Godwinmy: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Emmanuel Jime,the Nigeria shipper's Council boss didn't contest this year governorship election.
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Ogunleti01: 7:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Abeg who go be the first lady now grin
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Livelystone01: 7:10pm On Mar 20, 2023
Felabrity:
go back and read the post again, and stop crying
I think you should be the one to do that.

Sentiments destroys one's ability to be logical on issues that are pertinent. I think this is why you couldn't see what he typed as something that should be responded to like I do.

I don't do parties, I'm not a mob. We have a mind of my own and I don't need anyone to be on my side in order to feel loved or supported.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by leanonme82: 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Yes o.

I think all governors in the south are now Christian.

All governors in the southwest are christian, so yes all governors in the south are currently christian.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by alezzy13: 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
Congrats to Fr Alia.

Not only is he extremely popular, PDP, aside the wranglings, brought a rather unpopular candidate, seen by many as a stooge for Ortom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by NwokoloOwa: 7:11pm On Mar 20, 2023
I knew it was going to be a landslide

4 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Chuksmemgbe: 7:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
God1000:
I hope he will deliver, all we want in Benue is peace, good governance and dividends of democracy.

He should not forget the people of IGEDE and their plights
you want peace and you are voting APC, you are not ready yet
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by juman(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
This is more than landslide victory, maybe skyslide victory.
He over doubled pdp score.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by leanonme82: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
tesppidd:
Lol

Gullible people everywhere like impressionable teenagers.

All Wike wanted was the Presidential ticket or the VP ticket.

That was the first thing he asked for. After Atiku won the ticket he conceeded and then asked for the PDP Chairmanship to go to the south. When they denied that was when he went mad and started wearing asoebi with his 5 southern brothers.
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by johnrx: 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
G5 ntor foolish man
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by DanAugust2021: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
SunMusk:
Ortom Loss has nothing to do with Peter Obi please. Ortom was endorsing Peter Obi so he will win is sit, if you re from benue state you will know and be shocked how comes did he win second term as a governor. Ortom was a failure. You will be surprised that he charm benue people to win second term. Tinubu is not popular in benue state, get it now. The reasons APC win is bcs of the Rev father,not Tinubu per say.
Ortom's endorsement of Obi eventually affected Obi's performance in Benue State. A lot of people refused to vote for Obi due to Ortom's endorsement.

3 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Dodorimaaaaaaa: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
Atiku kiiiiiiiiii you dia.
Ayelala, amadioha, sango kiiiiiiiiii u & WIKE
Felabrity:
Atiku ego have divided and depleted PDP states

All Wike wanted was the chairmanship position to the south

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by alezzy13: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
I just hope Akume will allow him to deliver ooo. 🙄
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by juman(m): 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
Father, father your people well.
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Felabrity: 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
Livelystone01:

I think you should be the one to do that.

Sentiments destroys one's ability to be logical on issues that are pertinent. I think this is why you couldn't see what he typed as something that should be responded to like I do.

I don't do parties, I'm not a mob. We have a mind of my own and I don't need anyone to be on my side in order to feel loved or supported.
look, until today I didn't know who the person was so I assumed they voted because of his party until someone replied that he is a popular person in the state.

Nothing to do with being a mob, so all his essay was not necessary
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Gambotex1(m): 7:14pm On Mar 20, 2023
Congratulations sir, Benue for renowned Hope, wailers over to you.

1 Like

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Felabrity: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Dodorimaaaaaaa:
Atiku kiiiiiiiiii you dia.
Ayelala, amadioha, sango kiiiiiiiiii u & WIKE
grin thunder fîre you
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by matm: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Congrats to rev.Rule with the fear of God
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by TheFacelessMan: 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Reportbutton:
Congratulations
LP from bottom to bottomless pit of hell ...

PAPA
MAMA
PIKIN

cheesy cheesy

You no go enter Heaven ooo grin grin grin grin

Pray to God for forgiveness cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Jones4190(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
Kabirudeen25:
What was the point of the whole election?
Benue election is free and fair

4 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by JuanDeDios: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Faber:
He will be the second Rev Fr. to govern Benue State

Congrats to him
Yes. Benue liked them fathers. But how did Moses Adasu perform? Anyone knows?
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by abobote: 7:17pm On Mar 20, 2023
Faber:
He will be the second Rev Fr. to govern Benue State

Congrats to him
Who was the first one?
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by JagabanBorgu: 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Felabrity:
your father is a drûg add!ct
Your mom is a wh0rér

I don't insult
I just described your family 😴
LOL.
Ur teàrs are sweeter than juice, sórè Iósèr.
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Faber(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
mrvitalis:

How did the first oerfrom

He did well during his short time in office, he was governor only for only 22 months before Abacha overthrew them

This is his brief profile from Wikipedia 👇👇Adasu was elected the second Executive Governor of Benue State on 2 January 1992. He was said to have had a positive impact on conditions during his two-year term. He founded Benue State University on 27 December 1991. He reactivated and upgraded the College of Education, Oju. He conceived the concept of the Tarka Foundation, named after Senator Joseph Sarwuan Tarka and launched on 2 July 1992. The foundation's building occupies five hectares of land in Makurdi and includes an art gallery, conference rooms, recreational centers and chalets. The mandate of the foundation is unclear. Other projects that he started included BENCO roof tile, and the K/Ala fruit juice company, but he was not able to achieve a great deal during his short period in office.

Adasu said that politics is not a dirty game, but those who are in it for selfish reasons make it dirty. He said "I am in politics to baptise politics and make it pure". He was removed from office when General Sani Abacha came to power in November 1993, replaced by Group Captain Joshua Obademi.

In the Nigerian Fourth Republic Adasu was appointed a member of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) in January 2001.He resigning from the ICPC in June 2002 to reenter politics. As a member of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) party he challenged the incumbent Governor George Akume of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in the April 2003 gubernatorial elections. He was not successful. In September 2004 he was head of one of the National Convention Committees for the AD, after a factional split in the party caused by the return of former chairman Ahmed Abdulkadir.

Adasu died on 20 November 2005. After his death Benue State University conferred an honorary doctorate degree on Adasu.

4 Likes

Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by IamtheTruth1(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
kahal29:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-reverend-father-hyacinth-alia-wins-benue-guber-election/amp

I don't really understand the church. I thought catholics are against partisan politics?
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by Mpanyi: 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
Keegan:
Father that sabi; he knows his tomato, pepper and onion.
Congratulations Father. APC reigns.

This is not a religious tread. So your ill motive will not be achieved
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by galaxy2020(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2023
License for fulanis to kill them any how.
Re: Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election by toloohthegreat: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2023
Do that for them. Maluu

Felabrity:
Buhari wasted 300 billion on INEC, for his party to rig their way in

They need to scrap INEC after this election, if they can't go digital, they should shut the elections in their axx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari’s Doctors & Aides In Tug Of War Over His Possible Return Tomorrow - SR / Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Buhari Has Not Named Danjuma Alli Keffi As New COAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.