Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,696 members, 7,851,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:07 PM

What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? (1356 Views)

Ekiti Chairmanship Poll: We're Witnessing Ongoing Fiasco Over Chairmanship, Coun / The Consequence Of Dogara's Endorsement Of Atiku Among NE Christians / Dino :we're Witnessing Government Of The Greedy, By The Greedy An For The Greedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 7:34pm On Mar 20, 2023
I see separation as a best case scenario or back to regional government. I see Ndigbo growing sense by investing most of their wealth in Igbo land.

What do you see?

3 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by God1000(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2023
Very heartbreaking situation, we still have a long way go in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by babyfaceafrica: 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2023
That's their problem
Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2023
I see some people living in Yoruba land attacking Yorubas on this thread..

Well the lesson I believe you should take is stop interfering in our local politics..

Presidential election is different pot of fish because everyone is trying to win everywhere.

The local elections is for the control and allocation of resources amongst local community..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2023
God1000:
Very heartbreaking situation, we still have a long way go in Nigeria

How is it so. I'm even surprised it didn't happen sooner. Every sensible Igbo man that has lived in Yorubaland knows that there is a deep-seated animus among the people. They only have been tolerant all these decades because of the wealth Igbo make for them.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:

Well the lesson I believe you should take is stop interfering in our local politics..

Presidential election is different pot of fish because everyone is trying to win everywhere.

The local elections is for the control and allocation of resources amongst local community..

Well...if you people could deny your brothers and sisters because their mothers are from another tribe, what won't you people do?

9 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by kcnwaigbo: 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:

You are a clown.Shebi me de pay tax for lasgidi and you say I should not vote? local resource allocation indeed.

Dem never born you well!! You will have more of the Okota scenarios in future elections in Lagos as people will get well prepared for you cowards

4 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by JagabanBorgu: 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
U should start with "what's the consequences of tribalism displayed by lgb0s since May last year".
That's when u are genuine.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Sammy07: 7:49pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

Well...if you people could deny your brothers and sisters because their mothers are from another tribe, what won't you people do?

Were Igbos attacked in Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun, Kwara? Answer me?

Was it only Igbos that voted Obi in Lagos?

Na was it only Igbos that voted Obi that made him has close to 100k votes In Oyo?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ObalaEmma: 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
They called people migrant in their own country and told them they are accommodating them.. In their country. Which kind of triabalism is that.
They used igbos to settle their dispute and they think its going to end there.

9 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

You are a clown.Shebi me de pay tax for lasgidi and you say I should not vote? local resource allocation indeed.

Dem never born you well!! You will have more of the Okota scenarios in future elections in Lagos as people will get well prepared for you cowards
You can always leave if you are not satisfied with the way the local community want to run their communities.

You can't create hate campaign against Yoruba leaders and then decide to impose the set of leaders you wish on the Yorubas.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
Sammy07:

Were Igbos attacked in Ondo, Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun, Kwara? Answer me?

Was it only Igbos that voted Obi in Lagos?

Na was it only Igbos that voted Obi that made him has close to 100k votes In Oyo?

Is GRV an Igbo man or a Yoruba man? I only pity Igbo girls planning to marry Yoruba men now and in the future. In the olden days, with what Yoruba just did, our ancestors would have brought out the ofo and decree that no man must give his daughter to a Yoruba man. What you people did is called aru in ala Igbo. I only pity all those children born by Igbo women to Yoruba men. Pity what they're passing through at this moment. Tufiakwa...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Okwyjesus(m): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:
I see separation as a best case scenario or back to regional government. I see Ndigbo growing sense by investing most of their wealth in Igbo land.

What do you see?

That TRIBALISM is their nature. Education don't remove it from them.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:54pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

My Uncle's wife is calabar.

She is one of the highest ranking judge in Oyostate until 4 years before she retired.

As long as she is doesn't openly say she does think in Yoruba and openly insult us, she will be always part of us.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
Okwyjesus:

What do you call it when Kanu's boys told Yoruba pastors not to come and do a crusade in the East?

Or when Kanu insults Igbos for going to Yoruba churches?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:
You can always leave if you are not satisfied with the way the local community want to run their communities.

You can't create hate campaign against Yoruba leaders and then decide to impose the set of leaders you wish on the Yorubas.

When are Yoruba leaving Abuja and Enugu and Asaba and Port Harcourt? When we say this shouldn't be a country, you're the first to wail. Not because you love Nigeria but because you're too lazy to survive without it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

What do you see?

What I see is tears tears more tears, Juicy tears, salty tears, sugary tears, thick tears laced with generous amount of mucus and catarrh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by kcnwaigbo: 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:

Oga I won't leave.If Yorubas are tired of one naijiria they can always ask out.As long as we are still in this country, Igbos will continue to vote in Lagos.

You cannot use one Nigeria to collect oil money from Niger-delta and at the same time you don't Niger-deltans to vote in Lagos.

Yoruba states like Osun and Ekiti would have gone into recession if not for the oil allocations from the oil producing states.

6 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

When are Yoruba leaving Abuja and Enugu and Asaba and Port Harcourt? When we say this shouldn't be a country, you're the first to wail. Not because you love Nigeria but because you're too lazy to survive without it.
Are Yorubas in those communities trying to install leaders contrary to the wishes of those communities?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Sammy07: 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

Is GRV an Igbo man or a Yoruba man? I only pity Igbo girls planning to marry Yoruba men now and in the future. In the olden days, with what Yoruba just did, our ancestors would have brought out the ofo and decree that no man must give his daughter to a Yoruba man. What you people did is called aru in ala Igbo. I only pity all those children born by Igbo women to Yoruba men. Pity what they're passing through at this moment. Tufiakwa...

They didn't vote for Him not because his mom na Igbo or so.
But he's failing to identify to his root.

Will you guys vote for Alex otti or Charles soludo or even Peter Obi if you saw him calling Enugu people Wawa or Igbos Nyamri or Osu people. Will y'all vote for him?

Aketi has Igbo wife.
Adelekes all have Igbos
Seyi has a rivers wife
So what are you saying?

All these you're saying na your problem , we don't beg for your marriage

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 7:58pm On Mar 20, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Seriously, I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now. If Igbo were paupers, what this hateful tribe would have done to Igbo people eh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2023
kcnwaigbo:

Oga I won't leave.If Yorubas are tired of one naijiria they can always ask out.As long as we are still in this country, Igbos will continue to vote in Lagos.

You cannot use one Nigeria to collect oil money from Niger-delta and at the same time you don't Niger-deltans to vote in Lagos.

Yoruba states like Osun and Ekiti would have gone into recession if not for the oil allocations from the oil producing states.
Then I am afraid you will continue to witness what happened on Saturday.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by raskymonojendor: 8:00pm On Mar 20, 2023
Flogging no dey tire Ibos.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Rikkely: 8:01pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

What do you see?

Separation is only way forward, I am done with those stupid fools, I knew them very well because I've lived with them, married to a Yoruba woman with 2 children, may her soul rest in peace, honestly some of them are very good and trustworthy and some of them are evil like what we are seeing here for the past few days now, my best friend is a Yoruba and I've told him I'm done with one Nigeria because we used to discuss Nigeria a lot of times.

I am not a supporter of Nnamdi Kanu and I will never be because of the way he talks with disrespect and I will never support anybody with such character.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by raskymonojendor: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

Go and sit down. Governor Adeleke is half Igbo, Desmond Elliot's is half Delta Igbo, Banky W is half Cross Riven e.t.c.

Aslong as you keep coming to the SW, Ibo girls/guys will keep falling in love with Yorubas - it's just natural.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Okwyjesus(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:
What do you call it when Kanu's boys told Yoruba pastors not to come and do a crusade in the East?

Or when Kanu insults Igbos for going to Yoruba churches?

Am RCCG and l don't give a damn. Tribalism is like a virus it can infect and conquer those that want it do so.

1 Like

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Are Yorubas in those communities trying to install leaders contrary to the wishes of those communities?

Really? Against the wishes of those people? So what we practice in Nigeria is tribal government abi? As Somalia abi Afghanistan? Against the wishes of those people when two Yoruba were contesting - Oh I just remembered. One has Igbo mother.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
Okwyjesus:

Am RCCG and l don't give a damn. Tribalism is like a virus it can infect and conquer those that want it do so.
You should have condemned it when they said it

Faliure to that is subtle endorsement of that message.

1 Like

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by ScamHunter: 8:05pm On Mar 20, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Go and sit down. Governor Adeleke is half Igbo, Desmond Elliot's is half Delta Igbo, Banky W is half Rross Rivan e.t.c.

Aslong as you keep coming to the SW, Ibo girls/guys will keep falling in love with Yorubas - it's just natural.

You guys are exhibiting the stuff you're made of. No one is actually blaming you. Only the foolish Igbos putting their money in your tribalistic region. I just hope they learn really fast that this country can never be one and put their money where their mouth is - Igbo land.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Strafudeen: 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
Iamgrey5:
Then I am afraid you will continue to witness what happened on Saturday.

No one has a monopoly of violence oo

1 Like

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
ScamHunter:

Really? Against the wishes of those people? So what we practice in Nigeria is tribal government abi? As Somalia abi Afghanistan? Against the wishes of those people when two Yoruba were contesting - Oh I just remembered. One has Igbo mother.
Yes against the wishes of the locals because Sanwo-olu won with a wide Margin when Areas with large igbo population was affected.

It's not about his igbo mother, people can reject a candidate for a number of reasons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Consequence Of Yoruba Tribalism We're Witnessing? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:08pm On Mar 20, 2023
Strafudeen:

No one has a monopoly of violence oo
Not in Yoruba land

Ever heard of operation wet-eh

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Administration Is Not Looking Good / NYSC DG Reconnects With Ex-landlord In Osun Visit (pictures, Video) / Quiz On Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.