Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) (25529 Views)

Chinese Spotted At Onitsha Main Market, Speaks Igbo, Claims Anambra Origin:video / Thousands Of People Wait For Onitsha Main Market To Open (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Oshodi Market, Shops And Cars Destroyed (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by bams2999(m): 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
MasterJayJay:
The issue of fire at markets all over the country shows how underdeveloped we are operating in this country.

How many markets in Nigeria have, fire alarms/smoke detectors, CCTV cameras to capture some of this incident, in order to minimize further damage?
only in Maiduguri 3 main market
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by KanuSE: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:
I've been in shock since Saturday, I never believed Yorubas are this evil and tribalistic, I have cool and descent Yoruba friends, now I can't look at them the same way embarassed cry

One fact is obvious to every Igbo man and people of old Eastern region, "Yorubas are your real enemies, not Fulanis"

They will destroy your source of livelihood and kill you if given the chance. Healing from this is impossible. embarassed embarassed cry

Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ diversionary tactics, this is stale.

Aboki go and sit down biko. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Bubu4Sea: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:
I've been in shock since Saturday, I never believed Yorubas are this evil and tribalistic, I have cool and descent Yoruba friends, now I can't look at them the same way embarassed cry

One fact is obvious to every Igbo man and people of old Eastern region, "Yorubas are your real enemies, not Fulanis"

They will destroy your source of livelihood and kill you if given the chance. Healing from this is impossible. embarassed embarassed cry
Bros treat everyone as an individual.
Just like some igbos are tribalist, yorubas have their own tribalists too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by sparko1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:
This war the Yorubas have started will consume the Yorubas one after the other

Onitsha is not Lagos state

Is Onitsha now in Lagos, or how did Yoruba play into this.

Can't it just be carelessness or something.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Mickykarim: 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
TMSMedia:
Traders are counting their losses after shops and offices were destroyed as fire broke out at the popular Onitsha Main Market, in Anambra State, IGBERETV reports.

According to an eyewitness, the fire broke out early morning of Tuesday, March 21, 2023, in a section of the market known as White House. White House is the office of the leaders of the market, an expansive two-storey building and hosts several offices, halls for meetings in the first and second floor, while the ground floor hosts shops.

"The area mostly affected by the fire is the block of shops under the white house, where expensive lace materials are sold.โ€, eyewitness said.

Firefighters battled for hours to contain the inferno as some of the traders salvaged their goods while others watched in tears as the fire consumed their shops.

Spokesman of Anambra Command of the Police, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said firefighters and policemen were on ground to control the fire and prevent looting.

A video which captured the fire was shared on Facebook by Udeh Nicholas with the caption;

https://www.facebook.com/1823116893/posts/pfbid02afgpWsdC1tW9Hby7j77oFdhCawRVfpAusWjHNk1bdmBiZbtNZ8AkrtbQJ5Tyz6HEl/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1441297/shops-offices-destroyed-fire-breaks-onitsha-main-market-photos/

MAYBE GOVERNOR Sanwo-olu WOULD GO DONATE ANOTHER 100 MILLION Naira TO THEM, LIKE HE DID IN THE CASE OF Apapa MARKET.

The donation was a misplaced priority and misappropriation of funds of Lagos state taxpayers' money.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
EmekaBlue:
Afonjas in the southeast have come burn our market o grin Abeg na play i dey play

Idiot grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Cromagnon: 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:

you de mind d fool?
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Exedyne: 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
mukthar2000:
Oh sorry for the big lost guys, Mr Peter obi your attention is needed for compensation pls , JAGABAN has being compensating many bunt makers for long, obi pls compensate them for the sake of LP.
HELLUPEE From top to bottom of onisha market!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Cromagnon: 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
Proudlyngwa:
cool
So sad, fire due to neutral failure from mains supply burnt my fridge and nearly burnt my wife's shop.
It was the crate of drinks close by which quenched the fire miraculously because there were broken bottles on the ground.
I think lack of oxygen and suffocation from the spilled drinks helped.

What am I trying to say.

I was careless, very careless.
This could have been prevented by a surge protector.This is basic knowledge.
I could have built an overvoltage and under voltage cut off, but I overlooked it.

If not for those drinks acting as a deluge.
I would have been fucckkeedd.

Fires like this are preventable and Thier prevention system is very cheap.
But just like me , we just don't care.
Things like this will keep on repeating and sorry for the loss won't solve anything.

People need to start taking safety serious
People need to start understanding it is your responsibility to protect yourself, your team and your asset.

If everyone has this mentality, the ratio of this issues will drop significantly, but no as usual

It is the responsibility of God and Government.

We reap what we sow
God? Don't blaspheme o
Govt, who is govt
Is it a living thing Abi is it you and me
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by tiswell(m): 2:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
inoki247:
sorry for the loss..

I pray derr Govt try to compensate them...

I thank God this never happened in Lagos they would av tagged the GOvt say na derr thug and APC destroy dere market nothing wey u fit tell dem dey only believe in dere own Theory...

If fire incident happens in Lagos they are always jumping to conclusions that is the Yoruba always burning dere market...

This was how the GRV guy jumped into conclusion on the Akere market and his people too jumped into conclusion...

I think every big Markets needs a Fire truck ๐Ÿš’ always on standby where the people in charge do shifting but the Truck must always be there for any emergency wether na day or night the way Police dey stay for check point...
yes,cos yolobas are filled with envy for the success of the igbos.
Now,that's a fact visible to the blind.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by KanuSE: 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2023
od501:

6 Igbo markets on fire in different parts of Nigeria in less than 35 days, and you think they are all mere accident? Bro..think, Igbos are under siege.

No one is under siege, you should pay more attention to Health and safety - it is important.

Re-educate yourself please. wink

3 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Cromagnon:

God? Don't blaspheme o
Govt, who is govt
Is it a living thing Abi is it you and me

Did u understand what I posted at all
Did you understand what you responded with.

Do you understand Paraphrasing
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by windvane(m): 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:

it will never be well with you!!!may the gods of the land visit you with 7 plagues ....Your generations will never know peace,you r life will be cut short !!!ndiala....
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by tiswell(m): 2:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
FrankBass281:
Too many fire incidents,let them find a way to avoid this. Most times it is caused by nepa light,wire on top pole will be sparking. Something similar happened last year and it was light that caused it.

Shop available at maza maza lagos
Yearly rent 150k
Two year rent required
Agent and agreement 200k
start amala and ewedu biz there,no igbo man is interested in ya offer.

una suffering just began!
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by mukthar2000(m): 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2023
grin
Exedyne:
HELLUPEE From top to bottom of onisha market!!!!
grin
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by KayB: 2:15pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lagos shall start modern markets soon if you like shed crocodile tears that you're targeted.
No more unnecessary fire outbreaks

2 Likes

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by XAUBulls: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
TMSMedia:
Traders are counting their losses after shops and offices were destroyed as fire broke out at the popular Onitsha Main Market, in Anambra State, IGBERETV reports.

According to an eyewitness, the fire broke out early morning of Tuesday, March 21, 2023, in a section of the market known as White House. White House is the office of the leaders of the market, an expansive two-storey building and hosts several offices, halls for meetings in the first and second floor, while the ground floor hosts shops.

"The area mostly affected by the fire is the block of shops under the white house, where expensive lace materials are sold.โ€, eyewitness said.

Firefighters battled for hours to contain the inferno as some of the traders salvaged their goods while others watched in tears as the fire consumed their shops.

Spokesman of Anambra Command of the Police, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, said firefighters and policemen were on ground to control the fire and prevent looting.

A video which captured the fire was shared on Facebook by Udeh Nicholas with the caption;

https://www.facebook.com/1823116893/posts/pfbid02afgpWsdC1tW9Hby7j77oFdhCawRVfpAusWjHNk1bdmBiZbtNZ8AkrtbQJ5Tyz6HEl/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1441297/shops-offices-destroyed-fire-breaks-onitsha-main-market-photos/
That fire is wild.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by KanuSE: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Antai123:
I feel for our Igbo brothers, they are going through alot at the moment. Will Tinubu or Buhari visit the scene to check the cause of these fire and help to resolve them?

We're not going through any hardship that isn't common to other sections of the country. Many comments on this incident try to divert attention from the main issues that need addressing.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by doctorbabs(m): 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
HOPE NOT APC THUGS FROM LAGOS
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Natajo2021: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Really
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by magzey: 2:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
PITOBI this is the right time for you to start Campaigning for 2027 election if really you mean Business. Help your home brothers and for get Lagos eye services.

1 Like

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by samwillyco1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
Too Bad
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by doctorbabs(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
STOP MEDDLE INTO LAGOS POLITIC FACE YOUR BUSINESS AND NEVER OVERSTEP YOUR BOUNDARY, STOP TAKING OUR LIBERALISM FOR A FOOL.

quote author=moscow007 post=121943568]I've been in shock since Saturday, I never believed Yorubas are this evil and tribalistic, I have cool and descent Yoruba friends, now I can't look at them the same way embarassed cry

[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Anunakeeh: 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
MasterJayJay:
The issue of fire at markets all over the country shows how underdeveloped we are operating in this country.

How many markets in Nigeria have, fire alarms/smoke detectors, CCTV cameras to capture some of this incident, in order to minimize further damage?

grin grin grin

You hear 4th World. You dey ask gbegiri questions.

Wetin dem wan use all those things you mention do๐Ÿ˜‚

Wetin consign Aboki with Educationgrin
Wetin cosign Agbero with Overloadgrin

No be to sell markets then make everybody go their house๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by TUTU147: 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
Even in the east,they can send people to put fire in the market., this is a reply to those saying if it were to be lagos.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by IPDGP: 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
Abi na Yoruba go put the fire there
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by Jsucre(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Obi will rebuild it.
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by wonderr(m): 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
moscow007:

suicide is an option
Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by gasparpisciotta: 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Where are the fire trucks PitoObi bought for Anambra state?

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by MightySparrow: 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
dele1727:
grin grin grin

Thank God this dis not happen in Lagos....
E for Be Yoruba and APC fault
Na you jรนjรบ cause am.grin
Inter tribal ballistic juju.grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by kmaster007: 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
Una no dat one bfor...
Urheadmaster:

Re: Fire Breaks Out in Onitsha Main Market, Shops And Offices Destroyed Photos) by MightySparrow: 2:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
Where are the fire trucks PitoObi bought for Anambra state?

Trust dem. Dem don sell am for scrap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19 Funds Scam: Lady's BVN Used In Collecting Nirsal Loan / Urgent! My Bank Account Has Been Frozen/blocked / Our Refinery Will Supply First Product To Market By July, Says Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.