Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers (53546 Views)

Atiku's ₦12,430 Case File Vs Obi's ₦5,430 Case File / 2023 Presidency: Southwest Afenifere Youths Promise Peter Obi 5 Million Votes / Tribunal: Peter Obi Reacts As Prof. Nwabueze Appears In Court In A wheelchair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by wasuka14(m): 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
This obidull is too mumu and he can lie too much. He went on arise tv saying, he have no issue with Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. But he was only challenging the process he was declared winner.

But here, obidull left the process, and was attacking Tinubu personality. Which one we go believe now?
Even a todler knw that this case is dead on arrival.

Tinubu till 2031.

LegendHero:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/589365-just-in-peter-obi-files-petition-against-tinubus-victory-seeks-five-prayers.html

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by nairanaira12: 6:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
I knew this idiot has no case.🤣

The law says winner must have 25% votes in FCT.

Is it that you don't know or you juts choose the path of mental dumbness?

You sound more like the idiot here.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by nairanaira12: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
LegendHero:

😂

Lawyers just want to pack lot of things in the petition to make it more because even kindergarten lawyers know you can’t win the argument if 25% in Abuja at the court.

Obi don scam Obi supporters. It seems Tinubu even planted some of his men among his attorneys coz what kind of prayer is this that Obi filed? It’s so watery and nonsensical.

Ever since I saw the news on front page without the actual prayers of Obi to the court, I know something is wrong.

The law says winner must have 25% votes in FCT. Are you not aware or you just want to prove stupid?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by reddingtonblack: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
ChatterHouse:
He's building a case
But some miscreants here thinks it's a joke

You don't know how the legal process work, those little things can be expunged to bigger arguments

Read to understand, don't follow sensational news headline

Legal framework is 70% reliant on References to ajudicate, base on history of cases at the election tribunal are Peter OBI prayers feasible , can you make references
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by ariwekk: 6:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
Look deeply . You will see he has a case bros
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by damirosky60: 6:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
More details

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Inosky(m): 7:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Don't give up at all. The PO legal team know exactly what they are doing.

You have to realise that INEC only gave the LP lawyers access to the election materials just a few days ago, and the legal team had to file something before their deadline for filing cases run out.

I'm sure that as I write, the LP machinery is sieving through the mountains of evidence, and may yet attach evidence of electoral fraud, once they identify enough. At the moment, I am pretty sure LP can prove massive electoral fraud in both Rivers and Lagos state presidential election exercise, but they have to bring in more fraud cases from more states, and that will not be difficult.

Remember that this is not the first time Obi is facing such an obstacle. These people know the process. Tinubu's team is worried now. Trust me.

You get sense I swear.
Too much oil dey your head.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by enuguyouth: 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
Bias news

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by sreamsense: 7:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
His whole campaign was centered around Christian and Igbos versus the rest of Nigerians. He played the religious card which helped him win votes in parts of Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau and the likes. Thus made Muslims who were never interested in the election to vote for Tinubu.
Your statement is partially true, many Christians did not vote for Obi/LP since lots of churches played neutral role; and CAN, PFN even though were not happy with muslim-muslim ticket, did not mandate Christians to vote for obi. Ondo, Ekiti, Rivers and Benue are majorly Christians states but they gave lots of votes to Tinubu. Many Christians from north east choosed PDP instead because of Yakubu Dogara after discussing with Atiku which made PDP to win Bauchi with higher votes than Tinubu. Despite Obi /LP did not have structure, from ground zero with few Christians that supported him, he was able to win Lagos, Abuja, shook kaduna, Katsina and many other northern states.

This clearly shows, in future election; if Christians unite, muslim-muslim ticket can't work in the future especially if it involves northern muslims and Christian candidate is in one of the two major parties. This has shown Christians will win. Many Christians campaigned and belief in Tinubu because he is a Yoruba Muslim who is not a violent Muslim and beside CAN and churches can't decide because Tinubu wife is a pastor and it is the first time things like this happened. Despite noise of MURIC in Ibadan for Muslims not to vote Makinde due to reason it cited, it woundn't have worked if you look at the margin he used to win closest candidate

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Alimiyemi(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
Prayer three make sense though
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by ohireku(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
This guy has no case ooooo. Instead of his lawyers to advice him to gently accept defeat, they are just trying to take a little dole from his pocket and that of the Eluuu Pee. I pity this man.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Sunnyski: 7:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
SmartyPants:

Are you daft? that the paper omitted one of the prayers makes it fake? It is obvious when you look at the four, especially the last one, that the main argument here is non-qualification. In fact get off my mentions if you're sole purpose here is to be unreasonable.

You little fool, I'm sure you've seen the real petition and prayers by PO. You blind bat of an urchin think that you can just fabricate anything and post it just to spoil the incoming president.

Shame on you and all the batstards

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by idamokoemmanuel(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
Wasted sperm like your father and mother.

Olodo ode
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by SmartyPants(m): 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Sunnyski:

You little fool, I'm sure you've seen the real petition and prayers by PO. You blind bat of an urchin think that you can just fabricate anything and post it just to spoil the incoming president.

Shame on you and all the batstards

Young man get away. Face your hustle so you can be like me. I cant argue with a nonentity. Get away from here.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Inosky(m): 7:55pm On Mar 21, 2023
I pray God to help Obi reclaim his mandate. Amen. It would be the best gift of year 2023 to Nigerians, Father Lord. Do it for us in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen. 🙏🏼
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by adagba001: 7:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
LegendHero:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/589365-just-in-peter-obi-files-petition-against-tinubus-victory-seeks-five-prayers.html

If these are the prayers before the tribunal.. then Congratulations once again Send. Ahmed Bola Tinubu... Nigeria next president!

All the SANs and this is what they come up with? Smh!
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by DMCA: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
I swear grin
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Bentonite1: 8:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ola260:

U just displayed one of your many act of foolishness. So sensitive words are to be spelt wrong and ipobly.
Wow wow.
Pls don't tag me again sha because na curse remain.
I no get time to dae argue with sore losers

OP KEEP DISPLAYING THE LEVEL OF YOUR ID!OCY HERE. GOT NO WORDS WITH DUMMMMMY
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Trymeagain: 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol you have to judge people by what they do most of the time.

How many times have Obi visited the mosque during his campaign? But I can count the number of churches he has gone to where he give political speeches sometime like “Church take back your country”. Don’t believe anything Obi says because he is a born liar. Instead judge him by what he do.

The reason why you can’t see this is because you love Obi. But we from the outside can see the bias easily.

Picture this. Imagine Tinubu going around mosque and saying “Muslims take back this country”, what do you think people will say?

The electoral law forbids politician from campaiging in religious places. They bypass this law by making appearances in the guise of coming to worship. This method was applied by all the major presidential aspirants. Tinubu was visiting mosques all over the country and posting on social media. Was it just to pray. Hate does not allow us to think objectively
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by article1: 8:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
ChatterHouse:
He's building a case
But some miscreants here thinks it's a joke

You don't know how the legal process work, those little things can be expunged to bigger arguments

Read to understand, don't follow sensational news headline
Don't mind those semi-literates who take advantage of social media access to spew rubbish.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by rafcrown(m): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
GOOD TO BE A WINNER
WINNERS COMPILING LIST OF GOOD MINISTERS AND COMMISSIONERS ETC
LOSERS COMPILING LIST OF GOOD LAWYERS.
FROM 3RD POSITION GOING TO COURT JUST LIKE BALEWA AS PM

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by 2tpick: 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2023
With these prayers, the Nigerian judiciary is on trial. PO purposely included the drug case to draw international attention to the case.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by sunnyflakes(m): 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
LegendHero:

Number 3 is the most useless of the prayers.

If 25% is so important, then any candidate can just concentrate on Abuja and make sure by hook or by crook other candidate don’t have 25%.

So if you like win the remaining 36 states, if I can win only FCT, I will continue to force INEC rerun everytime.

Does that make sense to you?

Have you checked what the electoral law says. I said it the other day on this forum and one uninformed soul insulted me. It is clear that you must have 25% in 2/3 of the 36 States in Nigeria and the federal capital territory. So if that condition is not met, then Inec goofed in a hurry to render the rigging service they were paid for.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by soloaudu: 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
Beremx:
that's not true. Number 3 is the real deal. That alone has disqualified Tinubu.
My question is if eventually that number 3 disqualifies Tinubu, will another election be held only at FCT or there's going to be another round of elections nationwide?
the constitution does not make the 25% in FCT compulsory but making 25% in FCT valid to stand as one of the 24 states. Meaning that 25% in 23 states plus that of the FCT qualifies a candidate to win. That clause is very simple to understand.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Ingocof(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
starstaz:

They are suggesting: Tinubu is from PERU, and Shettima is from ARGENTINA. 😂😂😂😂😂

They are indeed a headless mob at that, Soludo did not make mistake in calling them such name

1 Like

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by infogeneral: 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
The results from governorship and house assembly elections have clearly proven to everyone that there is no way LP could have won the presidential election.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by 2tpick: 9:59pm On Mar 21, 2023
soojar:

In summary, Only 2 things Obi has against the election.
1. Tinubu and Shettima are not qualified to contest
2. 25% in Abuja

I'm really disappointed. I thought Obi said he was going to challenge the process.

If not that the lawyers on both sides will want to use this case to chop money from both Obi and Tinubu, this case would be over within 1 month.

Firstly, what were you looking at between the time that Tinubu became a candidate and the time of election that you didn't challenge the candidature then? (this was like a period of 3 to 4 months), But you just woke up now that election has been won and you want court to rule on that within 2 months before swearing in? If it gets to supreme court they will throw it out on technicalities easily.

25% in Abuja is no brainer, though it can be argued either way, but be rest assured that no sane Judge will order a fresh election because someone that had majority votes and also have 25% in 30 out of 37 states (FCT has already been given a state status by a supreme court judgement) did not get 25% in Abuja. It is going to be a unanimous decision that the section of the constitution that says "and" FCT is referring to FCT as one of the states in Nigeria.

It is obvious that Obi is aware that he lost this election fair and square but just to keep his supporters loyal to him till 2027, he needs the court case (which will likely drag for the next 2 years) to keep them together till then. Good strategy.

If this is the best the LP can come up with, Tinubu should start assembling his cabinet.

We learn everyday.

Lolzzz
Yea you are right. You have a lot of learning to do
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Invitationn: 10:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
LegendHero:

Number 3 is the most useless of the prayers.

If 25% is so important, then any candidate can just concentrate on Abuja and make sure by hook or by crook other candidate don’t have 25%.

So if you like win the remaining 36 states, if I can win only FCT, I will continue to force INEC rerun everytime.

Does that make sense to you?
It beats me man!
That’s the reason in simple terms-how you put it up here.
The clause is misinterpreted.
What’s special about Abuja?
Are the Nigerians in Abuja more important than the Nigerians elsewhere?
Because it seems to me like saying everyone electorate in Abuja is worth 1million electorate elsewhere😅

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by Bigheart042(m): 10:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
burp18:
How dare you calling some one who can feed your entire generation an idiot?

Take a look at your father then know who to call an idiot.
Re: Presidential Election Tribunal: Peter Obi's 5 Prayers by soojar(m): 3:37am On Mar 22, 2023
2tpick:

Lolzzz
Yea you are right. You have a lot of learning to do

Yes sir, I guess some people know it all. As for us..

We learn everyday

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

President Buhari's Cancelled Trip To Ogoni; Nigerians React / President Buhari Had The Gucci Shoes Before Now - Bashir Ahmad / Chukwuemeka Ihedioha Graduates With First Class From Warwick University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.