Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,161 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. (1913 Views)

10 Dead Judges Among Newly Appointed Election Petition Tribunals’ Members / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) / Kemi Adeosun's Resignation Letter (Full Text) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by enemybulldozer(m): 8:07am On Mar 22, 2023
raskymonojendor:
The lawyers:
What has his lawyers got to do with the issues at hand?
No be una dey pursue Igbos for lagos, what do you have to say concerning that?
You don chook eye for obi matta but developed a blind eye for the things wey happened for lagos on 18th

Bloody hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 8:08am On Mar 22, 2023
tuborme:
The case na tight case

I want to see how the judges will dismiss all the grounds of the petition in Tinubu’s favour.

We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Ofunaofu: 8:09am On Mar 22, 2023
N3TRAL:
The case is cheap blackmail to make low IQ youths hate the President - elect and troll him on social media. It has no substance.

Stop jumping the gun

You all told Peter Obi to go to court, he obeyed

Why are you now having issues with it

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by biaframaster200: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2023
baralatie:
You want to subpoena amazon staffs all the way from America from Nigeria?

I.laugh in atomic bomb language....i can bet.my two balls that none of the Amazon employees will do such things...because as part of the employment condition ...data privacy and protection is paramount.....on what ground did the person or the company wants to.come and testify against what he was paid to protect.....

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by senatordave1(m): 8:26am On Mar 22, 2023
Penguin2:

1) There are documents to support that Shettima was still a senatorial candidate for Borno Central as of the time his name was officially filed with INEC on 14th July, 2022. Then he resigned from that contest on 15th July, 2022. The implication is that for close to 24hrs, Shettima was standing election in 2 constituencies. An action that violates the Electoral Act, 2022.

Note: Documents supporting this ground were obtained from INEC and not based on hearsay.

2) There’s a section of the constitution that talks about criminal conviction as grounds for disqualification from an election. The caveat to this provision is that it expires after 10 years.

But as requirements for contesting an election into the office of the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, the constitution talked about having been convicted by ANY COURT in a case of corruption which shows the person as dishonest and corrupt. The constitution did not attach an expiry date to this.

3) You think you dealing with aboki, abi? Accreditation is incomplete and inconclusive on INEC dubious IReV but it’s not incomplete and inconclusive on the Amazon Cloud Server that is hosting INEC’s data. Peter Obi claims he has the accreditation data as obtained from Amazon and this accreditation data did not tally with what INEC published in many constituencies. Obi is ready to subpoena Amazon Officials to testify to this. U messed with the wrong guy!

4) Well, if LP is able to prove its case beyond every reasonable doubt that it won Rivers and Benue but INEC declared them for Tinubu, then it would now be left to the Judges to determine if that does not amount to SUBSTANTIAL infringement on the outcome of the election. You called two states for somebody who did not win it and you think it’s not a case? Purge your mind Garfield before it becomes irredeemable.

Oga,you south easterners are too sentimental and emotional.this is a weak case.by virtue of AA vs uche nwosu,it is not double nomination.

Tinubu was never convicted.forfeiting money is not conviction.

Amazon cloud has no business with the election,the business lp has is with inec.same mistake atiku made with inec server..

Obi winning rivers and benue would not make him overtake tinubu so it is a waste.he would lose this case just like the election

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 9:18am On Mar 22, 2023
senatordave1:

Oga,you south easterners are too sentimental and emotional.this is a weak case.by virtue of AA vs uche nwosu,it is not double nomination.

Amazon cloud has no business with the election,the business lp has is with inec.same mistake atiku made with inec server..

Obi winning rivers and benue would not make him overtake tinubu so it is a waste.he would lose this case just like the election

Poor you…

Atiku lost the 2019 election case because as of the then, there was no law allowing INEC to own, maintain and deploy a server for the purpose of an election. That has now been taken care of by the 2022 Electoral Act which has given INEC the power to maintain a server and deploy other electronic devices for elections. Therefore, anything related to server or other electronic devices deployed by INEC is now justiciable in court. Grow up from your anachronistic 2010 Electoral Act.

About Rivers and Benue, the question is not about the votes from there making significant difference in Obi’s favour, but if that action does not amount to substantial infringement on the conduct of the election and a justifiable ground for cancellation of the election.

Then lastly, remember that Obi is not contending only the votes of Rivers and Benue, but also Kaduna, Lagos, Bauchi, etc. So, relax and get your wig ready to defend Tinubu in court. If una win, congratulations.

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:23am On Mar 22, 2023
senatordave1:

1) shettima as at the time of the election was not a senatorial candidate.
2) indictment is different from conviction.even if,it expires after 10 years...
3) accreditation data are inconclusive and incomplete as of now
4) lp winning rivers and benue makes no difference.
So why did Inec announce Tinubu won Rivers and Benue when Irev says otherwise? It makes no difference allocating Obi votes to tinubu abi
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 9:26am On Mar 22, 2023
biaframaster200:

I.laugh in atomic bomb language....i can bet.my two balls that none of the Amazon employees will do such things...because as part of the employment condition ...data privacy and protection is paramount.....on what ground did the person or the company wants to.come and testify against what he was paid to protect.....

There’s always an exception to every contract. If Amazon is subpoenaed by a court of law to make presentations on the accreditation data on their cloud hosting in a matter of public importance, they will have no choice.

Again, INEC website is not the private property of INEC but the public property of Nigeria and Nigerians. Therefore, INEC has no locus or whatsoever to invoke data protection as grounds to argue against the appearance of an Amazon staff. Or is INEC website and the data therein the private property of INEC?

Lastly, do you not think that Amazon may have given green light to be involved in the case? Or that there are previous cases where Amazon officials have been subpoenaed to court to help a case?
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2023
senatordave1:

Overvoting in other Southwest States was also listed.
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by biaframaster200: 9:46am On Mar 22, 2023
Penguin2:

There’s always an exception to every contract. If Amazon is subpoenaed by a court of law to make presentations on the accreditation data on their cloud hosting in a matter of public importance, they will have no choice.

Again, INEC website is not the private property of INEC but the public property of Nigeria and Nigerians. Therefore, INEC has no locus or whatsoever to invoke data protection as grounds to argue against the appearance of an Amazon staff. Or is the INEC website and the data therein the private property of INEC?

Lastly, do you not think that Amazon may have given green light to be involved in the case? Or that there are previous cases where Amazon officials have been subpoenaed to court to help a case?

In the first instance ....Amazon is not a Nigerian business establishment...it is an internationally recognized establishment ...so the issue of compelling will not be there....and the issue of subpoena is subjective ....and there are ways around it.....for example....a doctor that signed a oath of secret .....can attend the court proceeding but have his own legal right to withhold some vital information in court......amd all this provision are there in our law......

So, .....
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by senatordave1(m): 11:06am On Mar 22, 2023
Penguin2:

Poor you…

Atiku lost the 2019 election case because as of the then, there was no law allowing INEC to own, maintain and deploy a server for the purpose of an election. That has now been taken care of by the 2022 Electoral Act which has given INEC the power to maintain a server and deploy other electronic devices for elections. Therefore, anything related to server or other electronic devices deployed by INEC is now justiciable in court. Grow up from your anachronistic 2010 Electoral Act.

About Rivers and Benue, the question is not about the votes from there making significant difference in Obi’s favour, but if that action does not amount to substantial infringement on the conduct of the election and a justifiable ground for cancellation of the election.

Then lastly, remember that Obi is not contending only the votes of Rivers and Benue, but also Kaduna, Lagos, Bauchi, etc. So, relax and get your wig ready to defend Tinubu in court. If una win, congratulations.

Even when tinubu wins,you will still wail.you will latch onto another imaginary straws.the earlier you forget this case the better for you.I am the best analyst here and I tell you that obi will fail
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 11:11am On Mar 22, 2023
biaframaster200:

In the first instance ....Amazon is not a Nigerian business establishment...it is an internationally recognized establishment ...so the issue of compelling will not be there....and the issue of subpoena is subjective ....and there are ways around it.....for example....a doctor that signed a oath of secret .....can attend the court proceeding but have his own legal right to withhold some vital information in court......amd all this provision are there in our law......

So, .....

Is INEC server, and the data therein, a public or private property?🤔
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by wegevv: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2023
Penguin2 please which section is the Amazon / AWS mentioned? I want to have a read.

I doubt they even need to subpoena Amazon. All they need to do is prove that the data is correct and any third-party AWS expert might be able to do that depending on the data source.

We already know INEC uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) as all the uploaded polling unit images are uploaded to S3 buckets. Anyone that has worked with AWS before and seen the URLs would know this. All LP and PO need to do is get the court to force INEC to allow an expert access to their AWS account.

With that access, any expert will be able to confirm if the data matches what LP have claimed and if it was tampered with too. This is all very basic stuff and easy to do. Again AWS themselves don't need to be brought into it. You just need access to the AWS account.

I strongly suspect that the AWS account would be managed by whichever engineering company that INEC outsourced BVAS/IREV system to (not directly by INEC). AWS itself doesn't typically manage customer's account but instead manages the infrastructure you use and the services. In fact if you know what you're doing you can have data in AWS that Amazon itself cannot access (using client side encryption for instance). It is the company managing the account that need to be subpoenaed.

I doubt LP hacked anyone to get the data. If you use AWS correctly it is extremely difficult (verging on impossible) to hack. Maybe the company managing this data unintentionally kept it in an unencrypted S3 bucket with public access, who knows. If that data is still publicly available then all this should be even easier to prove without any subpoenas
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by biaframaster200: 11:14am On Mar 22, 2023
Penguin2:

Is INEC server, and the data therein, public or private property?🤔

Bro....it is subjective...I will advise you to. go and read about the subpoena and some. clauses around....then come back.and.discuss...
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Mindlog: 11:17am On Mar 22, 2023
Mynd44:

Actually, the conviction has to be a Nigerian tribunal or court to even hold in the first place.

Ibori was convicted in the UK , can he still run for political office in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by wegevv: 11:27am On Mar 22, 2023
Found this on page 61 on that link:

I also state on behalf of the Petitioners that as part of the technological architecture for the conduct of the 2023 General Elections, including the Presidential election, the 1st Respondent utilized virtual servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for the hosting/storage of the 1st Respondent's data, particularly results obtained and or generated form the 2023 General Elections, including the election results of the Presidential Election held on 25th February 2023 on the Amazon Cloud Platform. The Petitioners may subpoena the relevant staff or officer of Amazon to establish this and related facts pleaded in this Petition.

I believe what they are saying here is that they are ready to subpoena Amazon staff/officer to prove as a fact that INEC did indeed use AWS as part of their hosting/storage. As for the actual data itself you don't even need to go to Amazon

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 11:37am On Mar 22, 2023
biaframaster200:

Bro....it is subjective...I will advise you to. go and read about the subpoena and some. clauses around....then come back.and.discuss...

What is subjective?

If INEC server is public or private property?🤔

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 11:45am On Mar 22, 2023
wegevv:
Penguin2 please which section is the Amazon / AWS mentioned? I want to have a read.

I doubt they even need to subpoena Amazon. All they need to do is prove that the data is correct and any third-party AWS expert might be able to do that depending on the data source.

We already know INEC uses AWS (Amazon Web Services) as all the uploaded polling unit images are uploaded to S3 buckets. Anyone that has worked with AWS before and seen the URLs would know this. All LP and PO need to do is get the court to force INEC to allow an expert access to their AWS account.

With that access, any expert will be able to confirm if the data matches what LP have claimed and if it was tampered with too. This is all very basic stuff and easy to do. Again AWS themselves don't need to be brought into it. You just need access to the AWS account.

I strongly suspect that the AWS account would be managed by whichever engineering company that INEC outsourced BVAS/IREV system to (not directly by INEC). AWS itself doesn't typically manage customer's account but instead manages the infrastructure you use and the services. In fact if you know what you're doing you can have data in AWS that Amazon itself cannot access (using client side encryption for instance). It is the company managing the account that need to be subpoenaed.

I doubt LP hacked anyone to get the data. If you use AWS correctly it is extremely difficult (verging on impossible) to hack. Maybe the company managing this data unintentionally kept it in an unencrypted S3 bucket with public access, who knows. If that data is still publicly available then all this should be even easier to prove without any subpoenas

I see you are an expert ICT personnel. Good one.

Their references to the Amazon AWS is on page 17, paragraphs 46, 47 & 48.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by wegevv: 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2023
Penguin2:

I see you are an expert ICT personnel. Good one.

Their references to the Amazon AWS is on page 17, paragraphs 46, 47 & 48.

Thanks. So looks like they might just be referring to the polling unit results that were intentionally made publicly available on the irev portal (backed by AWS). Those images clearly link to AWS S3 buckets (as seen by the URL of many of them) so in my opinion that is already clear proof that they did indeed use AWS.

But I believe the petitioners are saying they are also happy to subpoena Amazon to confirm that INEC (or whatever company it outsourced to) did indeed use AWS. I really doubt that is necessary but Amazon should be able to easily confirm as it isn't anything private. it's basically: "are these people your customers", "yes".

I was confused about the mention of "the number of accredited voters" as I thought that was implying that LP had managed to get some private INEC data from AWS but the number of accredited voters is written on every polling unit result sheet on the publicly available images on AWS so that is likely what they are referring to.

Looks like they have done some calculations and seen that the ward results declared by INEC exceeded the sum of the accredited voters in those areas.

1 Like

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Penguin2: 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2023
wegevv:

Thanks. So looks like they might just be referring to the polling unit results that were intentionally made publicly available on the irev portal (backed by AWS). Those images clearly link to AWS S3 buckets (as seen by the URL of many of them) so in my opinion that is already clear proof that they did indeed use AWS.

But I believe the petitioners are saying they are also happy to subpoena Amazon to confirm that INEC (or whatever company it outsourced to) did indeed use AWS. I really doubt that is necessary but Amazon should be able to easily confirm as it isn't anything private. it's basically: "are these people your customers", "yes".

I was confused about the mention of "the number of accredited voters" as I thought that was implying that LP had managed to get some private INEC data from AWS but the number of accredited voters is written on every polling unit result sheet on the publicly available images on AWS so that is likely what they are referring to.

Looks like they have done some calculations and seen that the ward results declared by INEC exceeded the sum of the accredited voters in those areas.

There’s this question I asked a Tinubu supporter earlier and he ran aware. I asked him if INEC server is a private or public property.

Obviously you and I know that INEC, and every property it holds, is a public property. And as per Freedom of Information Act, whatever information in their custody can be obtained by any Nigerian.

Then there’s the services of ethical hackers who might have been able to breach INEC’s AWS server to obtain some information that Obi is using to prosecute his case. And that’s why he’s able to confidently state in his petition that there was overvoting in Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, Kano and some other states based on the accreditation data he obtained from AWS. Remember that the court has ruled that illegally gotten evidence is admissible in court.

2 Likes

Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by Horus(m): 1:01am On Mar 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf8A_QlYyyU

Obi Files Petition Challenging Tinubu's Victory
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by NothingDoMe: 1:21am On Mar 23, 2023
biaframaster200:

Amazon can be subpoenaed.
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by NothingDoMe: 1:25am On Mar 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Ibori was convicted in the UK , can he still run for political office in Nigeria?
Good question. I'm curious about the answer.😄
Re: Full Text Of Peter Obi ‘s Election Petition. by KanwuliaExtra: 2:35am On Mar 23, 2023
Penguin2:
The picture below is why Tinubu’s drug case in the US amounts to a ground for disqualification from the presidential race.

Awon 'KOKO ZARIA' of NL will tell you he did not commit any crime in Nigeria. cheesy

This criminal was Governor Of Lagos FOR 8 YEARS and made it to the US senate?
I pity Nigeria!

(1) (2) (Reply)

May Tinubu Happens To Those That Voted Him / Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi / See How Ethnicity Is Playing Out In Our Various Workers Unions In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.