Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here (1482 Views)

When Will Arise Tv Discuss Peter Obi Arrest In Uk? / INEC To Tribunal: Obi's Petition Is Abusive, Incompetent And Should Be Dismissed / APC & Tinubu Have Less Than 16 Days To Respond To Obi's Petition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Jokay07(m): 9:32am On Mar 22, 2023
Point by point discussion.

1 Obi say Tinubu “was fined $460,000 for an offence involving dishonesty, namely narcotics trafficking imposed by the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, in case no:93C 4483″ between the United States of America and Bola Tinubu. Meaning Tinubu was an alleged DRUG BARON. Anybody wey don pay fine to any govt for drug business no suppose contest for any election for Nigeria .( I go explain this more in my bullet) .

2.Obi say Tinubu no suppose to appoint Shettima as Vice because at the time wey he appointed Shettima , say the guy was still senator contesting for Borno and also at the same time contesting for Vice President. It was against the electoral act. Yet, INEC approve am . He submit evidence to prove am. So therefore Tinubu elections is void.

3. Obi say , them say for the electoral act dem go use BVAS upload and submit result , dem no do am . So therefore the election should be canceled.

4.Obi say the electoral act say to be declared President you must win at least two third of all state and and Abuja but say he no win am and even in Abuja he no score the 25% so no be for am.

5. Obi say the forensic evidence wey he get show say votes wey INEC record many pass the accreditation wey the Obi forensic do and that they have the evidence to prove it on so many states and if na so, the electoral law say the whole election would be canceled.

6. And say votes wey dem count for Tinubu for Rivers, Lagos,Taraba, Benue,Adamawa, Imo, Bauchi, Borno , Kaduna, Plateau, and other states of the Federation na Obi votes them give Tinubu and their forensic prove am.

7.Say INEC violate their own law by announcing Tinubu as President when them never upload result finish for their Portal. So it has to be canceled.

8. Obi say the law wey set up INEC say if Pooling agent see any wahala and report am , INEC suppose stop the election or cancel am until they address the issue of agents. But say dem no do am even as many polling agents and LP agent raised alarm of politicians forcing them to write fake results. Say he get plenty evidence to show.

©julaion
Bluntcrazeman
Ihordspy

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Jokay07(m): 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
The first petition on the drug case is dead on arrival already.
Tinubu was later cleared by the same US government on court case as contained here
https://www.nairaland.com/7622631/copy-letter-us-which-cleared

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by N3TRAL: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
Dead on arrival. You guys keep passing misinformation drafted by laymen around.

Obidîot has no case. Know this, know peace.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by BluntCrazeMan: 9:34am On Mar 22, 2023
Jokay07:

©jul.aion
Blunt.crazeman
Ihord.spy
I am still reading the petition..

Once I am through with it, we can discuss deeply.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by nnamdi640: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2023
Jokay07:
Tinubu was later cleared by the same US government on court case as contained here
If he was cleared or innocent as you guys sees it why then did he have to forfeit a certain amount of money?

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by LUGBE: 9:56am On Mar 22, 2023
Interesting time ahead. Criminals and shameless people will not sleep after reading this.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Rassco(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2023
The sham election was already an international embarrassment. If you add this narcotics angle, we're done as a people......

3 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by JealousCobra(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2023
Obi has never gone to tribunal and lose because he goes with accurate facts and figures.

Brethrens you can go and verify this claim, Thiefñubu and his camp should be worried 😎

7 Likes

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by XY23: 10:05am On Mar 22, 2023
N3TRAL:

Broken record. The audacity with which you folks use the word DOA, is nauseating. Your 'LawSheeps' please let the courts decide.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by YouandiAllofus: 10:07am On Mar 22, 2023
Y

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Jokay07(m): 10:15am On Mar 22, 2023
nnamdi640:
If he was cleared or innocent as you guys sees it why then did he have to forfeit a certain amount of money?
There's a difference between forfeiture and conviction
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by helinues: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2023
Petition with no basis or substance
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Hyperchi(m): 10:53am On Mar 22, 2023
But I crime was paid for, by forfeit.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Jokay07(m): 1:47pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hyperchi:
But I crime was paid for, by forfeit.
There are different types of forfeiture in US judicial system
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Hyperchi(m): 2:11pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jokay07:

There are different types of forfeiture in US judicial system
But crime was established and guilty was said.
Be4 ur property will be taken. U have pleg guilty to the crime
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Tochi3(m): 2:13pm On Mar 22, 2023
grin

Helter Skelter.. grin grin

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by frankyychiji(f): 2:15pm On Mar 22, 2023
OBIdients should by all means avoid threads like this that serves no purpose but massages the ego of the creator.

Please, don't engage him and the thread will die a natural death with just 17 posts max.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Epistasis(m): 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
We dodged a bullet by not electing Peter Obi as our President, that man and his obi-diots crew are sore losers...
Those petition are watery, just too watery.
Obidafts and Peter Obi will wail for life...
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Jokay07(m): 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2023
Hyperchi:

But crime was established and guilty was said.
Be4 ur property will be taken. U have pleg guilty to the crime
You still don't get it, mere undergoing criminal charge is not enough to disqualify a candidate except if the candidate is criminallly convicted.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by BitterTruth01: 1:21am On Mar 23, 2023
Jokay07:

1 Obi say Tinubu “was fined $460,000 for an offence involving dishonesty, namely narcotics trafficking imposed by the United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, in case no:93C 4483″ between the United States of America and Bola Tinubu. Meaning Tinubu was an alleged DRUG BARON. Anybody wey don pay fine to any govt for drug business no suppose contest for any election for Nigeria .( I go explain this more in my bullet) .

2.Obi say Tinubu no suppose to appoint Shettima as Vice because at the time wey he appointed Shettima , say the guy was still senator contesting for Borno and also at the same time contesting for Vice President. It was against the electoral act. Yet, INEC approve am . He submit evidence to prove am. So therefore Tinubu elections is void.

3. Obi say , them say for the electoral act dem go use BVAS upload and submit result , dem no do am . So therefore the election should be canceled.

4.Obi say the electoral act say to be declared President you must win at least two third of all state and and Abuja but say he no win am and even in Abuja he no score the 25% so no be for am.

5. Obi say the forensic evidence wey he get show say votes wey INEC record many pass the accreditation wey the Obi forensic do and that they have the evidence to prove it on so many states and if na so, the electoral law say the whole election would be canceled.

6. And say votes wey dem count for Tinubu for Rivers, Lagos,Taraba, Benue,Adamawa, Imo, Bauchi, Borno , Kaduna, Plateau, and other states of the Federation na Obi votes them give Tinubu and their forensic prove am.

7.Say INEC violate their own law by announcing Tinubu as President when them never upload result finish for their Portal. So it has to be canceled.

8. Obi say the law wey set up INEC say if Pooling agent see any wahala and report am , INEC suppose stop the election or cancel am until they address the issue of agents. But say dem no do am even as many polling agents and LP agent raised alarm of politicians forcing them to write fake results. Say he get plenty evidence to show.

©julaion
Bluntcrazeman
Ihordspy

The 1st one and the 4th one are weak but the rest are strong .

On the 1st one , the forfeiture is a civil one so the indictment was against the property not the individual. Yes the plaintiffs can argue that that a forfeiture represents a fine but the defence can counter that the property paid the fine itself and not the defendant. To further buttress their point, they can argue that if no charge or indictment was brought against him in the first place, how could he have been the one paying the fine ?
There’s gonna be an argument but I honestly think the drug lord wins this one

On the 4th one the plaintiff can argue that since the FCT has no elected executive (they only have an elected senator) , the president is acting as executive governor and ruling them through the FCT minister . In order for the president to act as their governor , he must be elected by them. If another person rules them whom they did not vote for , then it should be unconstitutional
It’s a very strong argument but I think the party of crooks takes this one Cos we all know that in Nigeria, grey legal areas like are usually interpreted in the favour of the more powerful/influential party even it means disenfranchising the good people of Abuja .

Asides from these two , in all the other areas , APC /INEC has no viable defence.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by gidgiddy: 1:36am On Mar 23, 2023
Political parties have what is called 'strongholds' and 'weakholds'. It will be interesting to see how APC won in some states that surprised people

APC won in Ebonyi, Imo and Rivers, places they were unpopular and had never won before.

So its good that Obi went to court so that some places can be thoroughly examined

We leave it to the courts to decide who won or not, but it is a big shame that at this stage and point in time, INEC still cannot conduct praiseworthy elections

Terrible

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by NothingDoMe: 1:43am On Mar 23, 2023
Jokay07:
Bros we don burst the Letter from "legal attache" already. Make una nor dey go embassy to sort letter come. Go DOJ instead.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by NothingDoMe: 1:58am On Mar 23, 2023
BitterTruth01:

The 1st one and the 4th one are weak but the rest are strong .

On the 1st one , the forfeiture is a civil one so the indictment was against the property not the individual. Yes the plaintiffs can argue that that a forfeiture represents a fine but the defence can counter that the property paid the fine itself and not the defendant. To further buttress their point, they can argue that if no charge or indictment was brought against him in the first place, how could he have been the one paying the fine ?
There’s gonna be an argument but I honestly think the drug lord wins this one

On the 4th one the plaintiff can argue that since the FCT has no elected executive (they only have an elected senator) , the president is acting as executive governor and ruling them through the FCT minister . In order for the president to act as their governor , he must be elected by them. If another person rules them whom they did not vote for , then it should be unconstitutional
It’s a very strong argument but I think the party of crooks takes this one Cos we all know that in Nigeria, grey legal areas like are usually interpreted in the favour of the more powerful/influential party even it means disenfranchising the good people of Abuja .

Asides from these two , in all the other areas , APC /INEC has no viable defence.
I disagree with your submission. Forfeiture was not civil. It was stated clearly that narcotics was involved. Even Festus keyamo didn't say it was civil so how did you come about civil case?
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by BitterTruth01: 2:46am On Mar 23, 2023
NothingDoMe:
I disagree with your submission. Forfeiture was not civil. It was stated clearly that narcotics was involved. Even Festus keyamo didn't say it was civil so how did you come about civil case?

Three types of forfeiture in the USA . Only one is criminal and it is always executed as a part of a criminal proceeding against the individual. in personam

The other two are in rem meaning against the property .

Simply put, the property was identified and targeted without recourse to the individual. So for the record and for all intent and purposes, he did nothing wrong. No prima facie case was established against him . Remember , innocent until proven guilty.
You and I know he’s not innocent but the law doesn’t work like that

https://www.justice.gov/afms/types-federal-forfeiture

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by BluntCrazeMan: 4:02am On Mar 23, 2023
Jokay07:

Ok.

All I can say right now is that:
I will continue to watch and observe the proceedings as they unfold..

Meanwhile,, how can I get Atiku’s Petition??
I need to read that one too.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by Bluehole: 7:40am On Mar 23, 2023
N3TRAL:

During campaign when PDP and APC were mud sliding themselves with SPV and drug issues, it was on record that APC sent emissaries to PDP to let the matter die down.

Remember, Keyamo and his gang had a press conference were they mandated police to investigate and arrest Atiku. He even claimed to have filed charges in court. Have you heard of it again?

Remember when Dino made the assertion of Escobar as president and Osama bin laden as vice? If your man was cleared of drug charges, why sending emissaries to let things die down then? Why didn't Keyamo continue with his court cases against Atiku and SPV?

Your man is in deep poo
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by jumobi1(m): 7:56am On Mar 23, 2023
NothingDoMe:

Proceeds of Narcotics however it was a civil forfeiture. Keyamo also said it was civil and I agree with him. Tinubu wasn’t the defendant but rather the funds in his accounts were. In my opinion, Tinubu was involved but it’s only an opinion not a conviction. It’s not enough to disqualify him. I have a hard time believing someone as educated as Tinubu was in 93 innocently had drug money in his account. I read the complaint…but sometimes people get away with things.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by babyfaceafrica: 8:19am On Mar 23, 2023
BitterTruth01:

Three types of forfeiture in the USA . Only one is criminal and it is always executed as a part of a criminal proceeding against the individual. in personam

The other two are in rem meaning against the property .

Simply put, the property was identified and targeted without recourse to the individual. So for the record and for all intent and purposes, he did nothing wrong. No prima facie case was established against him . Remember , innocent until proven guilty.
You and I know he’s not innocent but the law doesn’t work like that

https://www.justice.gov/afms/types-federal-forfeiture

You are smart and doing well
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by DevilsEqual(m): 12:26pm On Mar 23, 2023
jumobi1:

Proceeds of Narcotics however it was a civil forfeiture. Keyamo also said it was civil and I agree with him. Tinubu wasn’t the defendant but rather the funds in his accounts were. In my opinion, Tinubu was involved but it’s only an opinion not a conviction. It’s not enough to disqualify him. I have a hard time believing someone as educated as Tinubu was in 93 innocently had drug money in his account. I read the complaint…but sometimes people get away with things.

So in your own view, do you think its a strong case or not
do u also think its within the jurisdiction of the supreme court?
possibility of DEA OR FBI testifying in court...that too, at the tribunal
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by NothingDoMe: 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
jumobi1:

FBI agent Kevin Moss requested that the courts freeze Tinubu's account. No individual has the power to approach the court to freeze a person's account except he is the creditor. This is clearly a federal matter.

Are you aware that Tinubu filed a lawsuit against the order freezing his accounts even after discussing with the FBI?

Are you aware that Tinubu dragged this case for over a year before agreeing to forfeiture?

Finally do you think this matter is about a conviction? Nehi. There's more in the constitution about this. This is why i believe APC hasn't responded with a counter yet even though they claim that their toddlers can win this case.

1 Like

Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by BabaRamota1980: 12:45pm On Mar 23, 2023
If Peter Obi had finished school with first class he would have realized that a precedence exist with two former executives, VP Atiku was elected governor and was pulled in to deputize for Obj. Jonathan was a elected governor when he was pulled in to deputize for Yaradua. Shettima is not an exception to the precedence.

Drug case in US, there is no drug case.
America does not return frozen assets, partial or whole, to drug criminals. They released partial assets to Tinubu. Part of his money was given back, what they gave back to him is significantly more than what they confiscated. In America when you violate tax law they seize everything you got, subtract their calculated dues before giving balance back to you.

But to play devil's advocate. Assuming there was a drug case against him. Nigeria is not party to the case. The crime did not happen on international space, it occured in domestic America. Nigeria therefore lack jurisdictional power to look at it or use it to prosecute.
Re: Let's Discuss Peter Obi's Petition Here by jumobi1(m): 12:49pm On Mar 23, 2023
NothingDoMe:
FBI agent Kevin Moss requested that the courts freeze Tinubu's account. No individual has the power to approach the court to freeze a person's account except he is the creditor. This is clearly a federal matter.

Are you aware that Tinubu filed a lawsuit against the order freezing his accounts even after discussing with the FBI?

Are you aware that Tinubu dragged this case for over a year before agreeing to forfeiture?

Finally do you think this matter is about a conviction? Nehi. There's more in the constitution about this. This is why i believe APC hasn't responded with a counter yet even though they claim that their toddlers can win this case.

This is all very fine but Tinubu wasn’t personally convicted. It was a federal civil forfeiture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live In Court Lp Candidate Gbadebo&sanwoolu Apc C Finally Jam In Court / Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer / President Tinubu, Gbajabiamila, Ribadu, Fashola Observe Sallah In Lagos ( Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.