Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer (1472 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Headless Mob Is Masturbating Over Nothing - Tinubu Lawyer Ogala / Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun / INEC’s Current PVCs Have Expired – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Danburuwa: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Tinubu’s lawyer, Chief Olanipekun, SAN, has said that the alleged Guinean passport belonging to Tinubu that was tendered in evidence at the Presidential Election Petition Court, PEPC, sitting in Abuja, on Friday, expired in 2020 and therefore, he is no longer a citizen of the said country.

Atiku Abubakar's start witness, Mike Enahoro-Ebah countered Olanipekun and said: “My lords, the data page indicated that it expired, but citizenship does not expire.”

After today's proceedings, the former Vice President and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, who is seeking to nullify the election of President Bola Tinubu, on Friday, closed his case at the court.

Atiku, who called a total of 27 witnesses and tendered several documentary exhibits in evidence before the court, said his decision to close his case was in view of the fact that he had exhausted the days that were allocated for him to present his case against Tinubu.

“My lords, at this point in time, may we humbly inform your lordships that this will be our last witness,” Atiku’s lead counsel, Chief Chris Uche, SAN, told the court.

Continuing, Uche, SAN, said: “Having exhausted the days allocated to us, pursuant to the pre-hearing report and Paragraph 46(5) of the First Schedule to the Electoral Act, 2022, we most humbly apply the formally close the case for the petitioners.”

On its part, the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, through its lawyer, Mr. Kemi Pinhero, SAN, told the court that all the parties earlier met and agreed to defer the opening of defence by the Respondents till after the impending Sallah celebration.

Confirming the development, head of President Tinubu’s legal team, Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN, begged the court to allow the Respondents, starting with INEC, to open their defence to Atiku’s petition, from July 3.

“My lords, all of us took into consideration some salient factors, especially the fact that some of us will love to travel to celebrate with our families and loved ones.

“Moreover, there is likely to be a two days public holidays next week. We will therefore plead your lordships to adjourn the case till after the Sallah celebration.

“We also want to assure your lordships that on our part, we will not exceed the days allotted to us.

“We will start and close out case the same week,”
Olanipekun, SAN, added.

Following a no objection stance by counsel to the Petitioners, the Justice Haruna Tsammani-led five-member panel, adjourned the case till July 3 for INEC to open its defence to the petition.

The adjournment came after Atiku’s star witness, Mr. Mike Enahoro-Ebah, was discharged from the box.

Enahoro-Ebah had in the course of his testimony, tendered before the court, certified copies of academic qualifications of President Tinubu, which was admitted in evidence and marked as an exhibit.

Equally admitted in evidence and marked as an exhibit by the panel was Tinubu’s certificate of service from Mobile Oil Nigeria Plc, which formed part of his work records, as well as a copy of his Guinean Passport.

Enahoro-Ebah told the court that he applied and obtained the Form EC9, which contained the affidavit of personal particulars, which Tinubu submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in aid of his qualifications to contest the presidential election.

He told the court that his lawyer in the United States of America, USA, also wrote to various schools that the 2nd Respondent, Tinubu, claimed to have attended, and obtained more information about him.

The witness told the court that among the documents he obtained from the USA, included Tinubu’s purported certificate from Chicago State University, which he said belonged to a female.

Also tendered before the court by the witness, was a transcript that was issued in 1977 by South West College, which he said equally established that the Tinubu that attended Chicago State University was a female.

Mr. Enahoro-Ebah told the court that whereas the forwarding letter from his lawyer in the USA, which contained Tinubu’s details, came on November 1, 2022, however, it was nof until April 2023 that he received a copy of the notorised judgement on criminal asset forfeiture proceedings that involved the 2nd Respondent.

Besides, he told the court that documents he obtained from INEC showed that the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, certificate that Tinubu submitted in aid of his qualifications, bore the name, Adekunle.

Despite stiff objections from the INEC, President Tinubu and the All Progressives Congress, APC, who are Respondents in the matter, the court, admitted all the documents in evidence and marked them as Exhibits PDE-1 to PDE-5.

More so, the witness, said he had in 2022, instituted a direct criminal complaints against Tinubu before a Chief Magistrate Court in Abuja.

He told the court that the Chief Magistrate Court declined jurisdiction to entertain the case.

Dissatisfied with the action of the court of the Magistrate, the witness, said he wrote a petition to the Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory.

A copy of the court process was admitted in evidence and marked as an exhibit by the panel.

Asked if he inquired from the Guinean embassy, if the 2nd Respondent (Tinubu) denounced his purported citizenship.

The witness, said: “My lord, I did not have to because the former President of Guinea, Alpha Conde, admitted the issuance of the passport.”

Asked if he was aware that the judgement from the US District Court was not registered in Nigeria, the witness said he was only aware that the verdict was “adequately notorised.”

The witness said he was not aware of any letter the US Consulate in Nigeria wrote to the Inspector General of Police on February 4, 2003, stating that there was no warrant of conviction against Tinubu in the USA.

Asked if he was aware that the Chicago State University had on June 27, 2022, issued a public notice, where it stated that the 2nd Defendant not only attended the school but graduated with honours degree, the witness, said he was not aware of such letter, insisting that his case at the Magistrate court bordered on forgery.

The panel admitted in evidence, the said public notice from the Chicago State University which was tendered by Tinubu’s lawyer and marked it as exhibit XX2.

When he was shown the document from the US Court which he tendered and asked to confirm to the court if there was an arraignment, plea or trial that involved giving of evidence, the witness said: “My lords there was a plea to forfeit after his admission of guilt, but no conviction.”

Asked if as a lawyer, he would be happy to be scandalized by anyone, the witness, replied: “Because I don’t want to be scandalized, that is why I will not be involved in forgery of documents.”

Answering questions from counsel to the APC, Prince Fagbemi, SAN, the witness admitted that the said forfeiture judgement from the US had no certificate signed by a police officer but that of a licensed detective.

He said there was equally no finger print or picture on the court document.

The witness, who told the court that he is not a member of the APC, added, “my lords, I am a member of the Obidient movement.”

Source- https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/presidential-poll-dispute-atiku-closes-case-against-tinubu-with-27-witnesses/

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Ofumin: 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by TemplarLandry: 8:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
It was a merely a Guinean Diplomatic Passport.
Aşiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is unstoppable.
I dedicate “Olorun” by Aşake to him. Great jam!
#RenewedHope 💜

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by nadisms: 8:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
I
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2023
Everybody now wants Asiwaju, different countries dragging him with us left, right and center. Who doesn't like better thing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Ihateheadslamer: 8:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
France has him at the moment tongue
IconicIyaebe:
Everybody now wants Asiwaju, different countries dragging him with us left, right and center. Who doesn't like better thing?
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
France has him at the moment tongue
Just for a while, he's coming back to us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by chatinent: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Well, I knew his representative will capitalise on that. That's a good defence mechanism.
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
chatinent:
Well, I knew his representative will capitalise on that. That's a good defence mechanism.
When did you start commenting on political matters?
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 9:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
Losers and bitter people will soon come up with another excuse again grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Ofunaofu: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:
Losers and bitter people will soon come up with another excuse again grin grin grin grin

I guess you are referring to yourself and your ilks

You and your ilk are the only losers here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Maize247(f): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
No genuine case against Tinubu here from Chicago University to dual citizenship

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Afonjanawerey: 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:

You mean incompetent lawyer called Olanipekun, grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:

I guess you are referring to yourself and your ilks

You and your ilk are the only losers here
2031 TINUBU will handover to another northerner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

You mean incompetent lawyer called Olanipekun, grin grin grin grin
Hehehe TINUBU will handover to another northerner in 2031 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Ofunaofu: 10:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:
2031 TINUBU will handover to another northerner
Tinubu is yet to be handed over to

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Tinubu is yet to be handed over to
Rip English chaiii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Afonjanawerey: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:
Hehehe TINUBU will handover to another northerner in 2031 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are in tears and pain, cry cry baby, i would like to know your president mother and father grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

You are in tears and pain, cry cry baby, i would like to know your president mother and father grin grin grin grin
Kidnapping alert nairalanders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Afonjanawerey: 10:14pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:

He fell from heaven like Oduduwa grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Ofunaofu: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:
Rip English chaiii

I know you are CORNfused

Ok, I mean power is yet to be handed over to Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:

I know you are CORNfused

Ok, I mean power is yet to be handed over to Tinubu
which of the TINUBU? grin grin grin hehehe Obidients And mpkurumiri are like 5 and 6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

He fell from heaven like Oduduwa grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Afonjanawerey: 11:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:
grin grin

background origin Zero, how many Nigeria president has been these controversial, Only Nigeria Pable Escobar grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Afonjanawerey: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2023
yarimo:
Kidnapping alert nairalanders

Even Buhari parent history is known to all Nigerians, nobody know anything about your president select family in Iragbiji close to Ile-ife osun state, no uncle and cousins grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by FreeStuffsNG: 11:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
The basis for the charge is the passport so if you present an expired passport to the court, you are attempting to use an expired document to mislead the court niyen.
Check my signature for free stuffs!
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by Gbogbowa: 11:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
So when your Nigerian passport expires you are no longer a nigerian.be deceiving yourself Tinubu is a goner like subsidy.even lied on oath,it's suprise me so much to see people supporting evil in the name of Tribes I'm deeply ashamed of my yoruba brothers you not omoluabi at all

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by stanbright(m): 11:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
Danburuwa:

Source- https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/presidential-poll-dispute-atiku-closes-case-against-tinubu-with-27-witnesses/
so if your passport expires you are no longer a citizen 😂😂.This tinubu lawyers need better flogging and his supporters
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by stanbright(m): 11:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
chatinent:
His lawyers have fish brains same with you.so if a passport expires you are no longer a citizen? And you said you went to school

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

Even Buhari parent history is known to all Nigerians, nobody know anything about your president select family in Iragbiji close to Ile-ife osun state, no uncle and cousins grin grin grin
Any yet he is Nigeria's president and one of the world most powerful and loved president grin
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by obi4eze(m): 11:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
cheesy
Re: Tinubu Is No More A Citizen Of Guinea, His Passport Expired – Tinubu's Lawyer by yarimo(m): 11:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
Afonjanawerey:

background origin Zero, how many Nigeria president has been these controversial, Only Nigeria Pable Escobar grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
thank God you admit he is president

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: US Threatens Military Force In Niger / Is This Just A Mistake Or Deliberate By Bola Ahmed Tinubu? / Why should any Nigerian want Arabic on Nigerian currencies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.