Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? (3128 Views)

Wike Is FCT Minister, Umahi Works Minister - Vanguard / Without Winning FCT, A President Cannot Be Legally Declared — Ozoani / This Was What Really Happened In Plateau State According To The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AntiChristian: 9:21am On Mar 23, 2023
This has been in contention for a while and will still be till a stand is given at the supreme court of Nigeria.

Recently on a Broadcast on Channels, the Vice Presidential aspirant of the Labour Party Datti Baba Ahmed urges the President and the Chief Justice of Nigeria not to participate in the swearing in of the president elect Bola Tinubu on May 29, 2023.

On this thread on twitter, I found some supporters using Chat GPT to derive judgement in this matter.

Find these attached!

What do you thing about Chat GPT with respect to the question asked?

1 Like

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AntiChristian: 9:22am On Mar 23, 2023
See more:

1 Like

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AntiChristian: 9:23am On Mar 23, 2023
And lastly someone asked Chat GPT to interpret Section 299 of the constitution if it means FCT is a state:

Question
According to section 299 of the constitution is FCT regarded as a State?

Answer
Section 299 of the Nigerian constitution provides that "The Provision of this constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the states of the Federation"

Based on this provision, it can be inferred that the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) is not regarded as a State in Nigeria, but is treated as if it were one of the states of the federation for the purpose of the application of the constitution. This means the constitution applies to the FCT the same way it applies to other states of the Federation, with certain modifications and exceptions as may be necessary due to its unique status as the capital territory of Nigeria.

In my own opinion, i think this above nails it!

2 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Racoon(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2023
Based on the Nigerian constitution, Nigeria has 36 states and the FCT. So the FCT is an entity in its own world.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:29am On Mar 23, 2023
That's settled already. For you to be declared winner you must win 25% in the FCT. It is a constitutional requirement. FCT has a special status. APC weren't expecting to perform so badly in FCT being the incumbent party, so it took them by surprise.

Yakubu Mahmoud declared Tinubu in error and put the Judiciary on trial by saying 'Go to court', because he believes there are corrupt Judges who are pro-Tinubu and who would stand logic on it head. Will the Courts prove him right? The world watches keenly.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Teddy0147(m): 9:34am On Mar 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
That's settled already. For you to be declared winner you must win 25% in the FCT. It is a constitutional requirement. FCT has s special status. APC weren't expecting to perform so badly in FCT being the incumbent party, so it took them by surprise.

Yakubu Mahmoud declared Tinubu in error and put the Judiciary on trial by saying 'Go to court', because he believes there are corrupt Judges who are pro-Tinubu and who would stand logic on it head. Will the Courts prove him right? The world watches keenly.

Una too dull for this country…. It’s say 25% of 24 state out of the 36 state + fct which will make 37 state

FCT is not among the 36 state if you can make 25% in FCT it’s valid and will be added to the 36 state

So if a candidate win only FCT and lost the rest 36 state to his opponent that means the election is void Abi…?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by vedaxcool(m): 9:36am On Mar 23, 2023
Tell chat GPT to swear Peter Obi in Nah!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:37am On Mar 23, 2023
Teddy0147:

Una too dull for this country…. It’s say 25% of 24 state out of the 36 state + fct which will make 37 state

FCT is not among the 36 state if you can make 25% in FCT it’s valid and will be added to the 36 state

So if a candidate win only FCT and lost the rest 36 state to his opponent that means the election is void Abi…?

Go and argue with ChatGPT's Artificial intelligence (AI) who simply translated your constitution verbartim as written. It was not written in Fulani or Yoruba.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Newdawn30: 9:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Interesting
Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Houseontherock1: 9:39am On Mar 23, 2023
If a candidate wins in 2 states, loses in 34 states but gets 85% in the FCT, while those who won in 24 states or more share the remaining 15% in FCT... I guess by your logic, the bigger loser will be declared winner because he won in the FCT? Think am...it doesn't make sense

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Felabrity: 9:41am On Mar 23, 2023
English dey hard these urchins

Dem go return certificate
Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by MaliCampus: 9:42am On Mar 23, 2023
American president knows this,so thus other world leaders. Even my 11years old niece can interpret section 134 with ease.But Urchins choose to deceive themselves.

20 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:43am On Mar 23, 2023
Houseontherock1:
And if a candidate wins in 2 states, loses in 34 states but gets 85% in the FCT, while those who won in 24 states or more shares the remaining 15% in FCT... doesn't make sense

Bashirudeen, You must meet the two conditions.

1- Win the highest votes count

2) Win 25% votes of the FCT.

Tinubu clearly did not meet the second requirement, even though the first remains a matter of litigation.

Should I translate this to your yoromuslim language or should I break your empty agbari skull and plant these facts inside? grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by GreyLaw(m): 9:43am On Mar 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Go and argue with ChatGPT's Artificial intelligence (AI) who simply translated your constitution verbartim as written. It was not written in Fulani or Yoruba.

Hahaha... you can say that again.

2 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Teddy0147(m): 9:44am On Mar 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

So you can’t even study your constitution yourself Mumu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by sharpwriter(m): 9:46am On Mar 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

In other words, the head of computer now don correct pass human own. Kai naija cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by GreyLaw(m): 9:47am On Mar 23, 2023
Teddy0147:

My brother don't use emotions to interpret this section of the constitution. Hillary Clinton won more votes than Trump but Trump became president due to the higher electoral college voted.

The FCT is not a state. They don't have a governor. They don't have a house of assembly. It is akin to the US electoral college votes. When you use "and" it means additional to. It is different from "including". Moreover the supreme Court already explained this same matter in 2007/2008 in the case between Buhari and Yaradua. And they said you must get at least 25% of the votes cast in the FCT.

APC made a mistake. They probably forgot to fight hard in the FCT. I don't know how they made such a mistake.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Hoelujohn: 9:47am On Mar 23, 2023
Importnaire:
It's a state because some of us are origin. Our state of origin is FCT
What is the name of your state governor?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Kyase(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2023
All these election debutants eh
2000 children grin

English dey hard dem die

Some of them still dey read for jamb sha, so I no blame dem

1 Like

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AntiChristian: 10:05am On Mar 23, 2023
Hoelujohn:

What is the name of your state governor?

I think the fact that FCT can be treated as if its a state is available in the constitution section 299.

See the last Chat GPT question!

1 Like

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by KINGS100(m): 10:06am On Mar 23, 2023
You have to call people dull to make you sound smart abi?
What is your qualification to make you think that your interpretation is the right one?
Note: Constitutional lawyers have given different interpretations to the provision. at least we know their qualifications.

Teddy0147:

1 Like

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by KINGS100(m): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2023
Is he a member of Nigeria governors forum?
If He is not a member, tell us why he is not a member since you said he is your governor. Also tell us when you elected him into his position.
People who try to be smart by half knows their limit.

Importnaire:
FCT minister governs, so he/she is my governor

2 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Proudlyomonna: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
That's settled already. For you to be declared winner you must win 25% in the FCT. It is a constitutional requirement. FCT has s special status. APC weren't expecting to perform so badly in FCT being the incumbent party, so it took them by surprise.

Asin Obi beat them hands down in all about 12 polling Units in Aso Rock with Structureless LP oo.
Obi won the election but Tinubu won the INEC's selection as the highest bidder.

4 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by Babanah: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
My view is Nigeria consists of 36 federating units and a federal capital. So FTC is not a state. The framers of the constitution I believe knew what they were doing, when they insert the clause "... and the FTC". So in this clause the FTC has the same rights as of 36 states. This then means we should be looking at 2/3 of 37 as the FTC is seen as equal to any of the 36 states under this specific clause.

1 Like

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by nwapee(m): 10:25am On Mar 23, 2023
Teddy0147:

You that is wise in this country, if you child ask you how many states we have in Nigeria, what will you tell him?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by colonelwealth(m): 10:32am On Mar 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
This has been in contention for a while and will still be till a stand is given at the supreme court of Nigeria.

Recently on a Broadcast on Channels, the Vice Presidential aspirant of the Labour Party Datti Baba Ahmed urges the President and the Chief Justice of Nigeria not to participate in the swearing in of the president elect Bola Tinubu on May 29, 2023.

On this thread on twitter, I found some supporters using Chat GPT to derive judgement in this matter.

Find these attached!

What do you thing about Chat GPT with respect to the question asked?

The intelligence of this A.I is amazing.
This is an adpt representation of a Turing test in A.I systems.

2 Likes

Re: CHAT GPT: Is FCT A State According To The Constitution Of Nigeria? by AntiChristian: 10:33am On Mar 23, 2023
colonelwealth:

The intelligence of this A.I is amazing.
This is an adpt representation of a Turing test in A.I systems.

Super amazing!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Of The Christian Association Of Nigeria Reacts / South East, Recruitment Ground For Drug Traffickers — Ndlea / THE REPUBLIC OF SOUTH NIGERIA (Great Atlantic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.