Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,064 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka (7438 Views)

Drama At DSS As Marilyn Ogar Is Transferred To Maiduguri, Then Recalled / GEJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was Hallmark Of Deceit - Oby Ezekwesili / List Of The Outcome Of Obj's Visit To Boko Haram Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by Hmm2: 10:29pm On Sep 18, 2011
STUPID old leaders that have thrown us into a country of disunity in all ramification of life. i pray that the failure of our leaders (both past and present) in handling the affairs of this country will not disintegrate the country as predicted. maybe he is taken a preventive measures against been bombed by boko haram!!!
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by cicero(m): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2011
Boko Haram is not IRA, different ideologies, different culture, different environment.

Obasanjo goofed and Boko has said that much by this recent murder of Obasanjo's host.

On the other hand, the main purpose of terrorism is the use of fear as a means to whatever end, and Boko albeit muslims are achieving their purpose through this strategy. Now the whole world seems to be afraid of Muslims, many people are joining islam to escape their terror, and in Nigeria many are patronizing Boko out of fear.
Obasanjo's trip may have been out of fear. And majority of the posts supporting Obasanjo may actually be a reflection of same fear.

I support Wole Soyinka on this one.
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by bedia01: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2011
Hmm!!:

silly old leaders that have thrown us into a country of disunity in all ramification of life. i pray that the failure of our leaders (both past and present) in handling the affairs of this country will not disintegrate the country as predicted. maybe he is taken a preventive measures against been bombed by boko haram!!!
My brother, I think you are right, but  I want to add that on the other way round OBJ,s visit was a strategy to eliminate the idiot whose father moh,h Yusuf destroyed many lives and property, and the idiot son turn to demand for apology and N100m from Nigerians they have been terrorising and agonising. Can you imagin the stupid fool. Let him come back and collect the N100m  and enjoy with his 7 virgins in his so called paradise.
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by Merc: 12:33am On Sep 19, 2011
OBJ is a brave man. Wole Soleyinka na just grammar. A beg make him go relax somewhere.
angry
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by khufu: 12:33am On Sep 19, 2011
whatever those eediots who cannot understand you say, I doff my hat and say Ahoy Cap'n!
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by Nobody: 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2011
It baffles ones imagination, that at this time and age people still take Wole Soyinka silly statements serious, You guys should wake up.

OBJ took a bold step which he Soyinka and the likes of Sultan,IBB,Buhari and their cohorts couldn't dare and some silly elements come here to redicule that brave move in finding solution to malignant problem.

Wole is a talker and writer,that's where it ends. Shekina!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by Pukkah: 12:38pm On Sep 19, 2011
opal4real:

Wole is a talker and writer,that's where it ends. Shekina!

Then you don't know Wole Soyinka.
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by Pukkah: 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2011
Why should anyone be negotiating with a gang of killers and terrorists? Did they say they were ready for peace? Do you want the use of violence as a means of expressing your grievance to become the standard in Nigeria?

In any case, OBJ has said he didn't go there to negotiate but to learn about the group. So what new thing has he learnt? The days ahead will tell.
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by FSBoperator: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
E don tay when this man don begin crase
Re: OBJ's Visit To Maiduguri Was An Insensitive Ego Trip - Soyinka by FSBoperator: 12:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
Pukkah:

Then you don't know Wole Soyinka.

Wole Soyinka is an old fool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Merger Talks Tear CPC Apart (pic) / Nigeria Spends N10trn On Petrol Subsidy / Rising Poverty Greatest National Security Threat, Says Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.