Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest (43010 Views)

NCC Okays Disconnection Of USSD Services For Banks Over N120bn Debt – Telecom Op / CBN Yet To Release Old Notes To Banks / CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by BabaAdex: 11:24am On Mar 23, 2023
Whether they released cash or not, that won't disturb us from fasting. We will fast with sweat and blood during Ramadan
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by FireUpNow(m): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2023
StevConcepts:
Its long over due.

I will show you how to make money writing and selling ebooks online, Send me a Whatsapp Message on the number below

How much will you charge for the study materials or fees you will be charging? You people keep this hidden
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by BombAttack(f): 11:24am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Emefiele must be arrested sooner or later, he selfishly brought this untold hardship to the masses, very heartless human.

Tinubu and his gang of Yoruba agbero thugs MUST be arrested for killing Igbos and Stabbing several others in Lagos during the elections.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by adecz: 11:25am On Mar 23, 2023
It's clear that the wicked impunity
against the public by all organs under
Buhari is because nobody especially the
Senate challenges them and Buhari
himself is to deaf, dumb and blind to
comprehend anything happening under
him, so long as it doesn't affect his or
family's comfort❗️❗️

It means that the sadistic Emefiele simply
likes to see the suffering of Nigerians &
now this simple threat has made him seat up😐😐😐
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Artzdanielsz(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2023
Na only punch carry this news
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by uche393: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2023
CBN aim was to mop out excess money printed during COVID
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by McLizbae: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2023
Wastesider, Wabba is from Borno grin
Perfectnumber6:
South South men like Joe Ajaero with balls unlike those from the Waste side who are Known Cowards ..
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Spiritualsdeeps: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2023
This is a very Good Gesture ,The Situation of Non Availability of Cash is Really Bitten Harder.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by ComeToJesus: 11:28am On Mar 23, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://punchng.com/nlc-protests-cbn-to-flood-banks-with-old-naira-notes/

How useless and clueless can a government be? Court has since ruled over this matter but CBN is still footdragging.

This is what you get when you have mediocres in political offices.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by effort1: 11:29am On Mar 23, 2023
Billionaire2:
People who were happy that naira re-coloring was to punish the president-elect ,
are now suffering it more.. 😂😂😂

Mad masses

Why was your INEC president elect desperate to have cash?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Kaiser20: 11:32am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Emefiele must be arrested sooner or later, he selfishly brought this untold hardship to the masses, very heartless human.
You people must first ARREST Buhari before Emefiele
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2023
Protest must hold, strike must hold, Emefiele must be sacked from office. Don't believe his words, he is not going to release anything to banks. If Emefiele tells you, it's raining go out and walk on the street to see you are actually wet.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by bibelo: 11:33am On Mar 23, 2023
and Two prominent presidential candidates supported this blood sucking policy and they were hoping to win!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Satazaa: 11:36am On Mar 23, 2023
chloedogie:
Sad. It is barbaric to be using the lives of over 200million Nigerians to be running a trial and error policy. The sad part is none of the elites including Emefiele suffered anything from this poorly executed policy.

I've lost count of gambled poor policies rolled out under the governorship of Emefiele in the cbn. I'm still yet to see one major thing he achieved as a governor of the cbn. This policy crumbled businesses and no one is held accountable for it

Was it an intentional decision to flourish personal agenda or that of the some individuals with selfish interest, I don't know but I have a feeling it is.

Bottom line, there is always a day of payback for everyone. Banks are in real mess now. Even electronic transactions are nightmares now. I just want people to be held accountable for their decisions and applauded or punished for it.
brilliant piece bro, kudos
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by emerged01(m): 11:38am On Mar 23, 2023
Hmm,these people are silly. You burned the whole house to kill a rat. At the end of d day the rat escaped after burning the house.

1 Like

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by onyxo76(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2023
so why were we all subjected to all this nonsence for the past 2 months? I still wonder has been achieved other than frustration and wickedness.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by membranus: 11:45am On Mar 23, 2023
Perfectnumber6:
South South men like Joe Ajaero with balls unlike those from the Waste side who are Known Cowards ..

Still the best NLC Chairman till date is Hassan Sumonu, who is from your so called waste side, followed by Oshiomole. So Mr. Coward, read your history book more before disgracing yourself publicly.

As for Ajaero, we are yet to know which pedigree he is made of. So don't chest beat for him for now, it is too early for that.

2 Likes

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Wonderful619: 11:45am On Mar 23, 2023
Since this election started we didn't hear of boko haram boys or herdsmen.
Nigeria is a strong country indeed.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Babalegba(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
He is an animal
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Lamanii22(f): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2023
Why are they not printing the new notes
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Brushstrokes20: 11:46am On Mar 23, 2023
Why na ... EmeFAILURE and the lifeless SADIST should KWANTINUE with their ANTI-PEOPLE POLICIES!

The diabolic duo will surely meet their impending Waterloo in the fullness of time undecided

Satanic govt of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY SADISTS!
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Seankhalifa: 11:49am On Mar 23, 2023
This naira redesign make me to comfirm obi and atiku are very dull... and his fellow obituaries and atikulated .... I have never seen a set a educated illiterate before.. want to follow a first class accountant to argue.. someone dat remove a sitting president.... someone dat is settling the standard for other state to follow... I swear down.. God really help us say obi no win this election... na failure go follow... just like el rufie say.. obi na nollywood actor... grin.. it is not APC ruling... it is tinubu from the south... and nigeria will move forward not backward... the brain are already on ground...

4 Likes

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by successman100: 11:51am On Mar 23, 2023
I DONT THINK EMEFIELE STUDIED ECONOMICS IN SCHOOL.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Dpharisee: 11:53am On Mar 23, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Una dey fear Buhari as if Emefiele has powers to do anything without Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by willibounce1(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2023
Na wa oo. So this man has still not released the old note since the supreme Court judgment. What has he been waiting for? His useless plan for the election did not work and instead of releasing cash immediately to the banks to ease the suffering of the masses, he is still wasting time and making useless announcements. Maybe we should host a party for the release of cash and cut ribbon.
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Dpharisee: 11:54am On Mar 23, 2023
engrflames:
Emefiele is an economy saboteur. He’s deliberately punishing Nigerians

Stop calling Emefiele when he has a boss that gives the final directives, una dey fear to mention Buhari directly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Angelfrost(m): 11:56am On Mar 23, 2023
Jestin:
Do we still have NLC? Mr wabba killed NLC before he left

Well, NLC was already in decline before Wabba took over!

Oshiomhole's immoral antics as governor further dented the image of the Union!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Ropostic120(m): 11:57am On Mar 23, 2023
Many POS ain't even working again
Many people lost their businesses as a result of this policy
Buhari and Emefiele are very very wicked
They suppose to die very wickedly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Pat081: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2023
You are one of the waste we are talking sense here you are talking nonsense ódé
Perfectnumber6:
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by Angelfrost(m): 12:00pm On Mar 23, 2023
incandescentena:
Emefiele has wickedly grounded Nigerias Economy. He will be jailed, undoubtedly!

Emefiele political ambition is DEAD ON ARRIVER

Emefiele is the president of the nation?!!

Emefiele employed or appointed himself?!!

Emefiele is untouchable in his position?!!

Who signed off on everything Emefiele did??! Who gave him the greenlight for this debacle?!!

Y'all just like chasing shadows in this 3rd world nation!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by histemple: 12:02pm On Mar 23, 2023
Emefiele ought to be made to face some very severe consequences
Re: CBN To Release Old Naira Notes To Banks Over NLC Protest by histemple: 12:03pm On Mar 23, 2023
buygala:

Nigerians are too lenient.. Imagine this idiot Emefiele putting 200 million+ people through this needless hardship, and he still has the guts to look us in the eye and talk cheesy

As for me, I leave Emefiele with God.. But I honestly won't cry if I hear that something dreadful has happened to him or his loved ones.

I would rather concede that Nigerians are docile than misunderstanding it as leniency. A whole country has no reason to tolerate this devilish and extremely wicked sequestration under the guise of "cashless policy" implementation.

Sadly, all the organs that should activate a protest are too weak and compromised. Imagine NLC's Joe Ajaero waiting until forever before making up his mind to protest? People are dying on daily basis as a direct consequence of the premeditated hardship inflicted on the masses.

Small and medium scale businesses which represent a large chunk of our economy have been crushed and the operators thrown into nail biting experiences.

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / List Of Microfinance Banks That Give Loans. / Meet Quincy Nippon Who Celebrated His Birthday With Cake Decorated With Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.