Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London (4442 Views)

JAPA: How My Nigerian Accent Failed Me In Canada (pix/video) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / My Nigerian Experience – Ljiljana Kostic, A Serbian Living In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by verycheese: 3:48pm On Mar 23, 2023
I recently applied for renewal of my Nigerian passports at the Nigeria High Commission in London.

Below is my experience for anyone planning same:

*PART ONE*

1. I first followed an online link to submit my application for passport renewal at: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportpaymentguidelines.
2. I got an appointment date which was approximately 1 month from the date of my online application. Appointment time 9am. (Others shared experiences that it's really first come first serve rather than appointment times).

3. I left Scotland a day before my appointment, found a cheap flight for that day (£36). I put up at a friend's place.

4. I arrived the High Commission 8am on the day of my appointment, there was a long queue already.

5. I didn't get a C4 Special Delivery envelope and Postage order payable to the Nig High Commission. These are requirements but I didn't have them, walked a distance to find a post office but they didn't open until 9am, so waited.

6. When I returned at 9:10, the queue was moving and requirements including postage odder were checked and you were given a number and let in. If requirements were incomplete, they didn't let the affected persons in. But you can pay for the postage order with them as well, slightly higher price than if you buy from the post office.

7. Thankfully, the queue had not moved past my spot. I got number 138. A long queue that reached around the corner of the next street but moving.

8. Once jn, there were instructions on what to do and on which of your copies to write your details.

9. The documents were confirmed at the counter and you were sent upstairs from there to wait for capturing. It was paced quite well. No undue delays.

10. Upstairs, filled another simple form: Poster Service Disclaimer. From here they called people by their names rather than numbers in batches of 12 and these people moved to get captured in another room. This stage was paced ok with approximately 25minutes between each set of 12 persons . This was the longest waiting phase.

11. The capturing itself was quite fast-paced. And took roughly 5 to get minutes done.

12. I stepped out of the building at 12 noon sharp. That's roughly 3 hours from when they started to attend to the queue.

Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Benwems(m): 2:26am On Mar 24, 2023
How many days or weeks before someone gets his passport

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
verycheese:
I recently applied for renewal of my Nigerian passports at the Nigeria High Commission in London.

Below is my experience for anyone planning same:

*PART ONE*

1. I first followed an online link to submit my application for passport renewal at: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/passportpaymentguidelines.
2. I got an appointment date which was approximately 1 month from the date of my online application. Appointment time 9am. (Others shared experiences that it's really first come first serve rather than appointment times).

3. I left Scotland a day before my appointment, found a cheap flight for that day (£36). I put up at a friend's place.

4. I arrived the High Commission 8am on the day of my appointment, there was a long queue already.

5. I didn't get a C4 Special Delivery envelope and Postage order payable to the Nig High Commission. These are requirements but I didn't have them, walked a distance to find a post office but they didn't open until 9am, so waited.

6. When I returned at 9:10, the queue was moving and requirements including postage odder were checked and you were given a number and let in. If requirements were incomplete, they didn't let the affected persons in. But you can pay for the postage order with them as well, slightly higher price than if you buy from the post office.

7. Thankfully, the queue had not moved past my spot. I got number 138. A long queue that reached around the corner of the next street but moving.

8. Once jn, there were instructions on what to do and on which of your copies to write your details.

9. The documents were confirmed at the counter and you were sent upstairs from there to wait for capturing. It was paced quite well. No undue delays.

10. Upstairs, filled another simple form: Poster Service Disclaimer. From here they called people by their names rather than numbers in batches of 12 and these people moved to get captured in another room. This stage was paced ok with approximately 25minutes between each set of 12 persons . This was the longest waiting phase.

11. The capturing itself was quite fast-paced. And took roughly 5 to get minutes done.

12. I stepped out of the building at 12 noon sharp. That's roughly 3 hours from when they started to attend to the queue.

Is the online registration a new guideline?
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Xanderlex: 9:18pm On May 10, 2023
Did a fresh passport for my son and renewal for my wife on 24th March. The passports haven't been delivered till date. How about yours?
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by ABenny101: 1:06pm On May 11, 2023
I think this travel thing that has been done by immigration is something else. Some persons are just enriching theirselves there? I stand to be corrected thiough.

2 Likes

Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Ufemia26: 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2023
Xanderlex:
Did a fresh passport for my son and renewal for my wife on 24th March. The passports haven't been delivered till date. How about yours?

Have the passports been delivered?
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Xanderlex: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ufemia26:

Have the passports been delivered?
Yes. After 7 weeks from capture date
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Igbamatigbi: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
Xanderlex:

Yes. After 7 weeks from capture date

Was it 10 years or 5 years you did? Mine is not here yet too, the person I did collected his this week and we were given same date as collection which is next month
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Xanderlex: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
Igbamatigbi:

Was it 10 years or 5 years you did? Mine is not here yet too, the person I did collected his this week and we were given same date as collection which is next month
5 years

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Igbamatigbi: 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2023
Xanderlex:

5 years

Thank you

One more question please, did your tracker showed that it moved to production? Mine has not moved and it’s 7 weeks now, I did for 5 years too thanks
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Xanderlex: 9:35am On Sep 10, 2023
Igbamatigbi:

Thank you

One more question please, did your tracker showed that it moved to production? Mine has not moved and it’s 7 weeks now, I did for 5 years too thanks
It moved only a day before it was posted to me
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Igbamatigbi: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
Xanderlex:

It moved only a day before it was posted to me

Thank you
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by jitbusy: 11:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
Pls is your own tracking showing green in the place of NIN Verification? Over 2 months now I have not gotten mine and no progress whatsoever.
The most annoying part is that there's no email or number to contact them.
Igbamatigbi:

Thank you

Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by frechy(m): 9:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
Please do you know if they have a fast track service and how one could use it?
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by uvie66: 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2023
I need to renew passport and also rectify a mistake on it.
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Eky29: 4:10pm On Jan 17
Good afternoon Xanderlex
I hope you’re doing well, please I asked someone to assist me in Authenticating my police clearance at the Nigeria high commission London. Please how can the person get an appointment at the embassy.

Kindly share how you were able to get appointment? Or can the person just walk in with the document for Authentication?
Thank you, I shall await your response.

Xanderlex:

5 years
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Xanderlex: 1:07pm On Jan 19
Eky29:
Good afternoon Xanderlex
I hope you’re doing well, please I asked someone to assist me in Authenticating my police clearance at the Nigeria high commission London. Please how can the person get an appointment at the embassy.

Kindly share how you were able to get appointment? Or can the person just walk in with the document for Authentication?
Thank you, I shall await your response.

Hi, I have no idea how to authenticate already existing police clearance certificate. My application was for passport renewal. For applying for the character certificate, you can post the required documents to Nigerian High commission in London. Detailed info is on their website.
https://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/consular/
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Eky29: 2:25pm On Jan 19
Thank you for your response,

I have the police report already, I just wanted it to be stamped at the Nigerian high commission. And I need a link to get appointment or if it is something I can just walk in to the embassy to do.

Xanderlex:

Hi, I have no idea how to authenticate already existing police clearance certificate. My application was for passport renewal. For applying for the character certificate, you can post the required documents to Nigerian High commission in London. Detailed info is on their website.
https://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/consular/
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Toyoursea: 11:21pm On Feb 14
Hi @Eky29, were you able to get the police clearance authenticated. How many days did it take and what is the process like?
Re: My Nigerian Passport Renewla Experience In London by Toyoursea: 11:23pm On Feb 14
Please were you able to get the police clearance authenticated. What process did you take and how long did it take for this to be done?
Eky29:
Thank you for your response,

I have the police report already, I just wanted it to be stamped at the Nigerian high commission. And I need a link to get appointment or if it is something I can just walk in to the embassy to do.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed. How Do I Get My Passport Back From France Embassy??????????? / See Photos Of An Accident That Happened In Abeokuta Today / BREAKING: U.S Is Now Visa-free For Ghanaians Without Criminal Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.