Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. (33269 Views)

I Was Scammed Today At My First Day Of Work / Have You Ever Fired Someone On Their First Day In Office / An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by iammolise(m): 12:26pm On Mar 24, 2023
Neverslumber:
According to my name, God never slumber.

Nlfpmod, Seun, Mynd44, Dominique etc
Na so una go dey tell am "God never slumber, God never sleep, God go provide, God go do am"... Why not profer a practical solution for him. Lalas na man God dey take bless man.

2 Likes

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by blacksam01: 12:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
LWKM
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by eddynaira125: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
I would like to know the salary range and location in warri let's see how we can help you get another Job

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by savcy(m): 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
A person that can write this good is working as a security personnel! I don't know if you or the country is to blame for your situation. But I sure do know you're wasting in a security job. Try teaching or something else that can utilise your skills. Life can be hard, but you're not security job material. You're way better.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by YeyeGbami: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
Wahala wahala
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by haybhi1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Eiya, don't worry God will fulfill your heart desires in no distant time

Lol... sometimes you can be sweet... but sometimes you can be quite overbearing, too opinionated and assertive.

I just like the expressive nature sha... nobody dey stop you to tok your mind. Wehdone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Aurelius1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
abobote:
Don't ever go back to that work.

Security is the worse work anyone can do, I repeat security worse work I know.

I did one in Abuja, Rita Lori hotel, when I was very broke. As I collected my salary after month I didn't go back there again
What are you doing now?
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by barnabaspeter(m): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
Report to your immediate supervisor immediately, you could be labelled a suspect if you quit the job from the bush... There after look for another job ASAP, man must chop.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Berankis: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
abobote:

I'm in, for the 5k contribution
It will be great if he can coordinate it himself.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Isabi4lov: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
Pls look for another job , your life and safety first .

God will provide another job for you .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Tegabadguy(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:
Let me start by saying security job is not my dream job but while I'm very hopeful of getting that dream job someday soon, body and soul need to be put together. An unemployed person with penniless pocket will certainly understand my predicament. The only option is to grab anything provided it can take of your very essential needs. Worse is when you wake up with no food to eat or not even soap to bath with, then you'd realize doing anything is sure better than nothing.

So I got this security job which I resumed yesterday. Could you believe that same yesterday, armed robbers operated in the area. As you know, security or what people call gateman is the one the armed robbers target first when they come to a place.

It was around 3:am when everywhere was quiet, As the security, I did a patrol around the compound when I noticed suspicious noise in the next compound. Before I know, I heard people shouting over there. I stayed back. In less than no time, I saw about 5 people coming straight to my compound. They pointed torch inside. I didn't bother to ask who they were cos I already knew. My people, I didn't even know when I commot for gear run to the backyard of the house, jumped over to the other side which is a bush, breathing like who just escaped death. Unfortunately, I sustained injury while running in the bush. Since the gate of the compound is not high, they jumped over it and gained entry into the compound, but thankfully they couldn't gain access to the house due to burglary after a long while of triaI. Unfortunately for me again, I slept in the bush till this morning.

Now, I learnt robbers operate in the area often. This has further put fear in me. I wouldn't want to be a victim of robbery circumstance because of a job whose salary cannot even meet one's needs.

So I am confused now. Even with the injury, should I go back to the place or not? Presently I don't have anything else doing and I don't have money to sustain myself either. Please what would you advise me?

Note: this happened somewhere in Delta state. I don't want to disclose the location for security reasons.
run run run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by PROPHETmichael: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:
Let me start by saying security job is not my dream job but while I'm very hopeful of getting that dream job someday soon, body and soul need to be put together. An unemployed person with penniless pocket will certainly understand my predicament. The only option is to grab anything provided it can take of your very essential needs. Worse is when you wake up with no food to eat or not even soap to bath with, then you'd realize doing anything is sure better than nothing.

So I got this security job which I resumed yesterday. Could you believe that same yesterday, armed robbers operated in the area. As you know, security or what people call gateman is the one the armed robbers target first when they come to a place.

It was around 3:am when everywhere was quiet, As the security, I did a patrol around the compound when I noticed suspicious noise in the next compound. Before I know, I heard people shouting over there. I stayed back. In less than no time, I saw about 5 people coming straight to my compound. They pointed torch inside. I didn't bother to ask who they were cos I already knew. My people, I didn't even know when I commot for gear run to the backyard of the house, jumped over to the other side which is a bush, breathing like who just escaped death. Unfortunately, I sustained injury while running in the bush. Since the gate of the compound is not high, they jumped over it and gained entry into the compound, but thankfully they couldn't gain access to the house due to burglary after a long while of triaI. Unfortunately for me again, I slept in the bush till this morning.

Now, I learnt robbers operate in the area often. This has further put fear in me. I wouldn't want to be a victim of robbery circumstance because of a job whose salary cannot even meet one's needs.

So I am confused now. Even with the injury, should I go back to the place or not? Presently I don't have anything else doing and I don't have money to sustain myself either. Please what would you advise me?

Note: this happened somewhere in Delta state. I don't want to disclose the location for security reasons.

Nice story all the same but...

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by chukwudiology(m): 12:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
My brother, they used to say bad thing dey make person laugh. It's a bad experience but it's funny. I will advise u quite immediately. U can register with security companies if u still want to do security job. In less than a week u will be called but I will advise u work in a hotel.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by CodeTemplar: 12:36pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:

They have finished election time contract proceeds and are back to their mainstay.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Moneyboyz: 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
LagosG:
You have two options;

Option 1: Lick your wounds and look for another job.

Option 2: Look for somewhere to fortify yourself against bullet (metal weapons in general), It will give you mad ballz and could influence you to become a robber yourself but remember once they find out bullet no dey enter you, na common 2 by 2 kpako go bring your end.

Choose wisely.

And that your option 2 right there is what will get him killed.

Charms don't work, know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Nikeruka(m): 12:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:

Bro, get a teaching job and use am hold body for now
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by gadgethead: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
No capping, but labourer for building site is safer than this you present job. You will probably earn more than what you are presently. And it's 9 to 5! Plus you can use the opportunity to learn bricklayer or other construction skills
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Rickmann: 12:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:

Your life is important pls.
You won't get a better job If you are dead.

Think...
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by HayB100(m): 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
LagosG:
You have two options;

Option 1: Lick your wounds and look for another job.

Option 2: Look for somewhere to fortify yourself against bullet (metal weapons in general), It will give you mad ballz and could influence you to become a robber yourself but remember once they find out bullet no dey enter you, na common 2 by 2 kpako go bring your end.

Choose wisely.
I swear you no well 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by eaglez(m): 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
As I dey read your post na so laugh just dey burst from my mouth, the first day you were employed, the same day those guys came, lucky you!!!! Please look for another job. Wish u all the best.
NairalandSon:

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by campbelljosh(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
God just revealed to you that that is not a job you can do and you still dey ask questions
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by MrBroke(m): 12:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ain't easy mehn, thankGod you safe and followed your instinct. But go back and clear your name b4 leaving, don't just leave like that, ain't good for your reputation.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Babalegba(m): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Get okada on higher purchase
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by FuckDModz: 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
grin

You don't understand your job.

Quit crying like a little puppy and get back to work!
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Allisgud: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
Na touch light u see na him u take off like tom and Jerry
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by bonnyhope: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:

Security guard that runs away from thief, why didn't wait to confront them, that moment was the reason you were hired.

Having said that, please look for another job even if it means to be sales boy or a cleaner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Teejay1511(m): 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
This story just funny grin grin grin. Sorry about that man. You should get another job.
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by simplepee(f): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
Nice script.

1 Like

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by IDERAWOLE(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:

If you're not trained for this kind of job, you had better quit immediately.

There's no point repeating the danger associated with this kind of job.

There are less risky kind of jobs in the neighbourhood, but because the kind of education we were given dictates tie and belt kind of job, very destructive mindset, you might not want to go look for lesser risky but well paying job.

Any artisan job is all over you, look very well, no risk. You only need to swallow your funny pride of educated man.

Go to building sites, many unskilled jobs abounds. You can start with labour of 2500 - 3000 daily.

The choice is yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by StreetFight: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
NairalandSon:

I just dey laugh and cry at the same time. My brethren, God will guard and protect you, and find you another job
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by OmonnakOdapig: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
abobote:
Don't ever go back to that work.

Security is the worse work anyone can do, I repeat security worse work I know.

I did one in Abuja, Rita Lori hotel, when I was very broke. As I collected my salary after month I didn't go back there again
cool
Re: My Ugly Experience On My First Day At Work. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
haybhi1:

Lol... sometimes you can be sweet... but sometimes you can be quite overbearing, too opinionated and assertive.

I just like the expressive nature sha... nobody dey stop you to tok your mind. Wehdone
grin I say make I try small grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job? / I Have From Now To January 2 To Choose Between These Jobs Offer / Recruitment @ Ministry Of Interior (M O I)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.