Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

A New Name For Moi Moi Please: - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A New Name For Moi Moi Please: (8185 Views)

My Disastrous Experience Making Moi-moi / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / Somebody Help With The Best Recipe For Moi Moi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by chaz(m): 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2007
Iv always found it weird pronuncing the food moi moi. It sounds local and old. I sometimes go to a restaurant with the thought of buying moi moi but because it sounds kinda weird pronuncing and considering the fine chicks who ar at the restaurant i just bone the stuff and order something else. So my dear nairalanders can we give the bean food 'moi moi' another name? please, embarassed
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by omoge25(f): 7:46am On Sep 02, 2007

are you serious? so do you go to an italian restuarant to order moinmoin or is it at the naija restuarant wey everyone and there mama wey dey in there dey call am moin moin you are feeling ashamed in? Anyway to each his own call am bean cake then.
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by omoge(f): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2007
just say 'i wan buy mine mine' they will get you. hope that sounds easy for you now wink
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by ssRhino: 3:47am On Sep 03, 2007
kai, na wa oh, so cos you carry babe for back, yu cant tell mama for buka say you wan chop moin moin, make i ask you, if you wan fart and the babe dey there, you wont be able to excuse ya self and go fart for washroom oh, cos the babe will think it is local to fart, yeye man, cant order for moin moin, cos woman dey there, woman wrapper, olodo, i am sure say even the babe will be glad to eat the moin moin.
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Sharn06: 3:51am On Sep 03, 2007
If the beautiful name MOI MOI sounds so old and outlandish, why chop the food itself?
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by backnbeta(f): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2007
@poster, call it oole grin. . . if you call it bean cake they'll just give u akara.
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Gamba(f): 3:59pm On Sep 07, 2007
You could try calling it moims grin
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by ssRhino: 1:21am On Sep 08, 2007
rotflmao
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by fidelfrost(m): 2:21pm On Sep 09, 2007
If you dont like moi moi why dont you try MAI MAI
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by A40(m): 2:17am On Sep 16, 2007
Beans Pie
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by omena555(f): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2007
the english name for moi moi is beans pudding. but i doubt if the seller will understand what u are ordering for. so, since u no wan fall your hand, u fit write moi moi for small piece of paper and give it to the seller to read by herself.
[s]again, the seller and the pretty girls around may think u are deaf and dumb[/s]
i hope i've been able to help u .  grin
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by tomX1(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2007
In English you may refer to it as "Bean Pudding". The name is local yes, but it's proudly Nigerian. We should celebrate our dishes with their local names. The Japanese will not call "Sushi" by any other name. The "Borito" is popular all over US and it is definitely not English. So don't feel ashamed to call our dishes by their Nigerian names. Represent with Pride!!!
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by omoge(f): 10:31pm On Sep 19, 2007
speaking of moi moi, i heard that washing the skin off removes the nutrient. Is it true??
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by chiogo(f): 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2007
The english name is "bean-puddin'", so they say but your story is really funny tho. so u want to eat it but  u find d name embarrassin'. wow. moi-moi is not one of my favorite food, i only eat it once in a while at home or at few naija parties. if u don't like d name, why eat it?? cheesy
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by UNLEASHED(m): 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2007
Call it Moin square
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Bosdem(f): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2007
Beans puddin is it!
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by knotty(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2007
if moi moi sounds local to our ajebo friend, i wonder what my beloved gbegiri will sound to him. grin grin

get a life man and stop being who you are not!
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by nafsquare: 5:49pm On Sep 30, 2007
nawa 4 u, u better b urself and eat watur mind want
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by mrtunde(m): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2007
moi moi na moi moi.
there is just no other way to funkylize it.
why do you need to funkylize it anyway.
do you funkylize the various chinese, mexican and other ethnic foods you eat?
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by AngelLily(f): 4:56pm On Oct 31, 2007
what's important is the food, and not the name. and if you intend to order moi moi in a restaurant it means you like it to some extent. otherwise go order something with a fashionable classy name, silly!, are u eating the name or what
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Oracle(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2007
I don't think you have a choice.
If you give it a new, refined and beautiful name the seller will never know what you want until you speak the language he or she understands. Unless the girl you're trying to impress or trying to make believe that you're too civilised for the things of our great uncivilised country is more important to you than your stomach.
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Busta(f): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2007
"Moi Moi" is "Moi Moi"
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by fuzek: 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2007
Funny thread!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by hannydarl(f): 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2007
call it mai mai or bean pudding if they can catch that kiss
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by akeye(f): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2007
beans pudding
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by equlibrium(m): 1:59pm On Nov 20, 2007
Call it EFCC frm today grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by buffead(f): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2007
lol i cant stop laughing ma stomach is hurting lol lol lol lol lol grin grin grin just say moi lol
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2007
So Nigerian guys can also be "fake?"
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by Perle(f): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2007
bean cake
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by honeydrops(f): 3:22pm On Dec 18, 2007
helo everyone,
if any1 is interested in having moi moi for any occassion should contact me on 08057125055.
thanks.
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by sweetberry(f): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2007
well you better stick with moi moi because if u call it another name dey might be wondering what u want & u will have to start explainin yourself.

@ backnbeta
lol the guy can say moi moi u want him to say oole
Re: A New Name For Moi Moi Please: by sexytammy(f): 3:01pm On Jan 20, 2008
moin2 nko? see am you wan chop food wey u no wan pronounce in name shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help With Coconut Rice! / What's Your Worst Cooking Chore?? / Manual Blender For Beans, Tomatoes And Pepper, Okro, Melon Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.