Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation (6493 Views)

It Is Obligatory For The Man To Have Intercourse With His Wife On A Reasonable B / Is It Obligatory To Inform A Suitor Of A Possible Health Problem? / Is It Obligatory To Obey A Ruler Who Doesn't Rule According To Book Of Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Lukgaf(m): 7:02am On Mar 24, 2023
Question:✍🏿 Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh in congregation?

Dr Sharof: Firstly, Taraweeh in itself is not obligatory. It's a prophetic tradition that attracts a great reward for whoever prays it. Allaah is the One who made Ramadaan obligatory; Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, is the one who made Taraweeh Sunnah. Holding fast to it is from goodness. However, it's then left to individuals to determine whether to pray it at home with proper focus and humility without sleeping or in the mosque (with the congregation) is better. If you know that praying it in the mosque will make it easy for you, and won't make you sleep, so that you do not miss this great reward, then pray it in the mosque. Pray it in the mosque; that's it.

Source: Q&A session of the tape, "Preparation for Ramadaan" Date: 5-5-2018

Transcribed by Aboo Aaishah Al Odeomeey

27 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by fluxicon: 9:43am On Mar 24, 2023
Happy Ramadan to my Muslim brothers and sisters. I wish you all a happy celebration and my Allah answer all your prayers.

One love wink

38 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by morikee: 9:45am On Mar 24, 2023
Masha Allah, may Allah accept our ibada.

8 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by AntiChristian: 9:45am On Mar 24, 2023
Taqaballallahu minna wa minkum.

Let's endeavor to Pray Tarawih with the Imam completely!

Let's Pray all Nawaafil prayers, 2 before Fajr, 4 before Zuhr 2 after, 2 after Magrib and 2 after Ishaa!

Make du'a and glorify Allah as much as you can!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Bakrabas: 9:46am On Mar 24, 2023
MashaAllah

No Islam no salvation, know Islam know salvation...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Father4all: 9:47am On Mar 24, 2023
Islam makes things easy for its followers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Mccullum: 9:48am On Mar 24, 2023
Thanks very much, Masha Allah..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Weixzy(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2023
Masha Allah .....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by maivd: 9:58am On Mar 24, 2023
Without lies islam dies

4 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by tbfs20: 10:01am On Mar 24, 2023
Alliamdulillah, i m well informed!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Obaofaba: 10:04am On Mar 24, 2023
maivd:
Without lies islam dies

May Allah forgive you.

May he forgive me too for all my shortcomings but becareful of your utterances, it'll either make or Mar you.

13 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by BuharisBoy: 10:08am On Mar 24, 2023
Masha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by teefaht(f): 10:15am On Mar 24, 2023
Can we perform taraweeh around 4.30am or before sahur?

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by motayoayinde: 10:19am On Mar 24, 2023
maivd:
Without lies islam dies

WITHOUT LIES ISLAM THRIVES.

HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW THE HORRIBLE LIES PEDDLED ABOUT ISLAM ARE FALLING APART NOW THAT THE WORLD IS MORE INTERCONNECTED?

AND HOW WICKED AND HATEFUL NON MUSLIM CLERICS ARE NO LONGER IN FULL CONTROL OF THE NARRATIVES?

AND HOW THIS IS MAKING PEOPLE SEE ISLAM IN ITS BEAUTY AND PURITY?

AND HOW PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS CONVERT TO ISLAM IN DROVES?

WITHOUT LIES ISLAM THRIVES!

7 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Abakelawal(f): 10:20am On Mar 24, 2023
Masha Allah Ramadan kareem to all Muslims around the globe

Someone should bless me am Ramadan basket

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by motayoayinde: 10:21am On Mar 24, 2023
teefaht:
Can we perform taraweeh around 4.30am or before sahur?

YES YOU CAN.

JUST BE SURE IT'S BEFORE FAJR.

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Raheeqilmaktoom: 10:43am On Mar 24, 2023
motayoayinde:

WITHOUT LIES ISLAM THRIVES.

HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW THE HORRIBLE LIES PEDDLED ABOUT ISLAM ARE FALLING APART NOW THAT THE WORLD IS MORE INTERCONNECTED?

AND HOW WICKED AND HATEFUL NON MUSLIM CLERICS ARE NO LONGER IN FULL CONTROL OF THE NARRATIVES?

AND HOW THIS IS MAKING PEOPLE SEE ISLAM IN ITS BEAUTY AND PURITY?

AND HOW PEOPLE OF OTHER FAITHS CONVERT TO ISLAM IN DROVES?

WITHOUT LIES ISLAM THRIVES!

Well-done brother, however, I would suggest that you (and other brothers and sisters) stop replying these people, most of them are ignorant and are not looking to get enlightened, just to derail the thread and cause stress on Muslims viewing or coming to the threads.
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by gloryman91: 10:51am On Mar 24, 2023
Ya Allah please forgive me and bless me with enough wealth and health.

Brothers and Sisters please pray for me so Allah can grant my prayers.

Jazaka Lahu Khayran.

5 Likes

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NobleStag007: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2023
Sharof is not a Muslim
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NobleStag007: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2023
Sharof is madhabiyah NOT follower of sunnah
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Triangles1(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2023
You think people who enslaved us still bring religion come for us have good mind for us.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by Epinbiz(m): 11:07am On Mar 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NobleStag007: 11:09am On Mar 24, 2023
A said sunnah scholar..
Giving fatawa without any Dalil or hadith..

Nonsense
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NobleStag007: 11:10am On Mar 24, 2023
To those of you who wants to know the answer to this question..

Let me give you hadiths that'll answer the questiosn jare
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NobleStag007: 11:11am On Mar 24, 2023
Hadith

"وَعَنِ ابْنِ شِهَابٍ، عَنْ عُرْوَةَ بْنِ الزُّبَيْرِ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ عَبْدٍ الْقَارِيِّ، أَنَّهُ قَالَ خَرَجْتُ مَعَ عُمَرَ بْنِ الْخَطَّابِ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ لَيْلَةً فِي رَمَضَانَ، إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ، فَإِذَا النَّاسُ أَوْزَاعٌ مُتَفَرِّقُونَ يُصَلِّي الرَّجُلُ لِنَفْسِهِ، وَيُصَلِّي الرَّجُلُ فَيُصَلِّي بِصَلاَتِهِ الرَّهْطُ فَقَالَ عُمَرُ إِنِّي أَرَى لَوْ جَمَعْتُ هَؤُلاَءِ عَلَى قَارِئٍ وَاحِدٍ لَكَانَ أَمْثَلَ‏.‏ ثُمَّ عَزَمَ فَجَمَعَهُمْ عَلَى أُبَىِّ بْنِ كَعْبٍ، ثُمَّ خَرَجْتُ مَعَهُ لَيْلَةً أُخْرَى، وَالنَّاسُ يُصَلُّونَ بِصَلاَةِ قَارِئِهِمْ، قَالَ عُمَرُ نِعْمَ الْبِدْعَةُ هَذِهِ، وَالَّتِي يَنَامُونَ عَنْهَا أَفْضَلُ مِنَ الَّتِي يَقُومُونَ‏.‏ يُرِيدُ آخِرَ اللَّيْلِ، وَكَانَ النَّاسُ يَقُومُونَ أَوَّلَهُ‏.‏"

'Abdur Rahman bin 'Abdul Qari said,

"I went out in the company of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab one night in Ramadan to the mosque and found the people praying in different groups. A man praying alone or a man praying with a little group behind him. So, 'Umar said, 'In my opinion I would better collect these (people) under the leadership of one Qari (Reciter) (i.e. let them pray in congregation!)'. So, he made up his mind to congregate them behind Ubai bin Ka'b. Then on another night I went again in his company and the people were praying behind their reciter. On that, 'Umar remarked, 'What an excellent Bid'a (i.e. innovation in religion) this is; but the prayer which they do not perform, but sleep at its time is better than the one they are offering.' He meant the prayer in the last part of the night. (In those days) people used to pray in the early part of the night."

Sahih

Sahih al-Bukhari, 2010
In-Book Reference: Book 31, Hadith 3
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 3, Book 32, Hadith 227 (deprecated numbering scheme)
Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2023
I love the month of Ramadhan

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Series: Is it obligatory to pray Taraweeh In Congregation by NeoWanZaeed(m): 11:22am On Mar 24, 2023
Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ، أَخْبَرَنَا عَفَّانُ، حَدَّثَنَا وُهَيْبٌ، حَدَّثَنَا مُوسَى بْنُ عُقْبَةَ، سَمِعْتُ أَبَا النَّضْرِ، يُحَدِّثُ عَنْ بُسْرِ بْنِ سَعِيدٍ، عَنْ زَيْدِ بْنِ ثَابِتٍ، أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صلى الله عليه وسلم اتَّخَذَ حُجْرَةً فِي الْمَسْجِدِ مِنْ حَصِيرٍ، فَصَلَّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِيهَا لَيَالِيَ، حَتَّى اجْتَمَعَ إِلَيْهِ نَاسٌ، ثُمَّ فَقَدُوا صَوْتَهُ لَيْلَةً فَظَنُّوا أَنَّهُ قَدْ نَامَ، فَجَعَلَ بَعْضُهُمْ يَتَنَحْنَحُ لِيَخْرُجَ إِلَيْهِمْ فَقَالَ ‏"‏ مَا زَالَ بِكُمُ الَّذِي رَأَيْتُ مِنْ صَنِيعِكُمْ، حَتَّى خَشِيتُ أَنْ يُكْتَبَ عَلَيْكُمْ، وَلَوْ كُتِبَ عَلَيْكُمْ مَا قُمْتُمْ بِهِ فَصَلُّوا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ فِي بُيُوتِكُمْ، فَإِنَّ أَفْضَلَ صَلاَةِ الْمَرْءِ فِي بَيْتِهِ، إِلاَّ الصَّلاَةَ الْمَكْتُوبَةَ ‏"‏‏.‏

Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:
The Prophet (ﷺ) took a room made of date palm leaves mats in the mosque. Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) prayed in it for a few nights till the people gathered (to pray the night prayer (Tarawih) (behind him.) Then on the 4th night the people did not hear his voice and they thought he had slept, so some of them started humming in order that he might come out. The Prophet (ﷺ) then said, "You continued doing what I saw you doing till I was afraid that this (Tarawih prayer) might be enjoined on you, and if it were enjoined on you, you would not continue performing it. Therefore, O people! Perform your prayers at your homes, for the best prayer of a person is what is performed at his home except the compulsory congregational) prayer." (See Hadith No. 229,Vol. 3) (See Hadith No. 134, Vol. cool

Sahih

Sahih al-Bukhari, 7290
In-Book Reference: Book 96, Hadith 21
USC-MSA web (English) reference: Vol. 9, Book 92, Hadith 393 (deprecated numbering scheme)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laxity, Radical & Moderate Muslims You Might Find In Mosques During Taroweeh / Imam Ash-shafi'ee: The Grand Jurist For The Sunnah / What Is The Meaning Of This Islamic Name???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.