Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target (29377 Views)

CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog / Recoloured Naira Notes Still In Circulation - CBN Insists / 2.3 Billion Pieces Of Coins Worth N1.60b In Circulation—cbn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Larryndelaw: 12:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
I thought the CBN said they have destroyed the old notes. This Emefiele will.end in Jail. You will see.when the new incoming govt starts investigating Emefiele, Igbo will.be shouting victimization.
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Irefeyi1: 12:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
Time for the youths to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by lakesider2006(m): 12:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ndleabilli:
Hi everybody I'm new in lagos (oworoshoki area) I'm looking work please, a HND holder and I have skills in website design, php programming and graphics design. I don't mind , I'll manage any work
come to lekki areas. You will get job
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Tonyblessed(m): 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
So wat was all the suffering for in the first place. APC Demonic party. Anyway. is those that voted for the evil party that6 will suffer a million folds this time.
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Emekaonline: 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
illuminutty:
When will the old corrupt greedy heroin trafficker release the billions of the old notes stacked in his warehouses in Ikoyi?

When you father gets sense and stop going to baby factory to buy your type as he did with you
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by maasoap(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
cunny88:
Why is CBN just deciding to release more funds now despite knowing the hardship Nigerians have been going through. What exactly has the cash policy even achieved?

Wagwanbrethren:
Is this not back to square zero? We for no just change am in the first place if they will still disburse the same old note after how many month now! 🤷‍♂️

Despite all the stress! 🙄

Let us ask both Obi and Atiku who lauded the policy and commended Buhari and Emefiele for the wicked policy.

2 Likes

Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by adenigga(m): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
onyxo76:
and one bald headed man just ride over 200m million people like nothing happen..this country is just something else.
Yeeeee.........

Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Ndleabilli: 2:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
lakesider2006:
come to lekki areas. You will get job
ok bro, but I don't have anybody there
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Ndleabilli: 2:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
millionboi2:
I thought thy said you don't need a job with tech skills,I don't understand you
I'm new here that's why sir
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Ndleabilli: 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
fawaz050:

PWC is doing Graduate Recruitment. they accept HND
where bro?
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Ndleabilli: 2:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
IyaTola:
Go to somolu or Google graphic designer needed in somolu
ok I'll do that
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Ikemba007: 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
Which useless monitoring? If there's no scarcity would anyone hide it? Very incompetent people.
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by kelspinall(m): 3:53pm On Mar 24, 2023
mumu plenty for our government

1 Like

Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by emmyN(m): 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
SamuelAnyawu:

You do not transition cashless economy through that means of lesser new cash. Why didn't the old and new money run concurrently for a year like other developed countries.

It's had nothing to do with Supreme Court abeg. So if there was no supreme court judgement the issue would have been resolved immediately?

Emiefele and Buhari failed woefully because the policy was never meant to fully transition us into a cashless economy.

lol
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by fawaz050(m): 6:20pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ndleabilli:
where bro?

Just search "PWC Graduate Recruitment 2023" on Google
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Ndleabilli: 7:52pm On Mar 24, 2023
fawaz050:

Just search "PWC Graduate Recruitment 2023" on Google

Searched, no opening now
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by Minjim: 8:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
emmyN:

You are asking this knowing that the court overturned the policy. How can the aim of the policy have been achieved with the court bottleneck?

The policy was in place for over a month.
Tell us two of its benefit to Nigeria
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by emmyN(m): 10:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
Minjim:

The policy was in place for over a month.
Tell us two of its benefit to Nigeria

It is in the news that FG made over 11 billion naira in February alone as a result of this policy. With less currency in circulation, the FG could also save up on printing and maintaining excess notes.
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by fawaz050(m): 11:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ndleabilli:

Searched, no opening now

I can see that the openings have closed.

KPMG will start in April and they have a Tech Advisory unit.

Don't sleep on it
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by omonnakoda: 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
sadAre there no new notes
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by mcquin(m): 6:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
emmyN:

It is in the news that FG made over 11 billion naira in February alone as a result of this policy. With less currency in circulation, the FG could also save up on printing and maintaining excess notes.
Wrong. Didn't want to quote you but we need to properly inform members of the public.

First, the policy caused artificial inflation. A trader who buys the naira inorder to restock will simply push the burden to the buyer by raising price of commodity.

The economy itself shrinked because some businesses could not cope, resulting in loss of jobs. In my office for example, we are major importers of frozen food (fishes). Retailers who purchase from us could not sell off their stock for nearly a month because people had no cash to make purchase and because they couldn't sell, they had no use returning to us to restock. That led to us having very poor sales in January.

This government has a knack for pushing out unsustainable policies leading to policy summersault. How do you invest in an economy that is not predictable?

Gradually Nigeria was going cashless. 6 years ago, POS was not a thing but today many people execute transactions using POS. Government should have allowed us evolve gradually and in no time more Nigerians will go cashless. Instead people ended up losing their lives, businesses, only for us to return to square 0.
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by emmyN(m): 6:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
mcquin:

Wrong. Didn't want to quote you but we need to properly inform members of the public.

First, the policy caused artificial inflation. A trader who buys the naira inorder to restock will simply push the burden to the buyer by raising price of commodity.

The economy itself shrinked because some businesses could not cope, resulting in loss of jobs. In my office for example, we are major importers of frozen food (fishes). Retailers who purchase from us could not sell off their stock for nearly a month because people had no cash to make purchase and because they couldn't sell, they had no use returning to us to restock. That led to us having very poor sales in January.

This government has a knack for pushing out unsustainable policies leading to policy summersault. How do you invest in an economy that is not predictable?

Gradually Nigeria was going cashless. 6 years ago, POS was not a thing but today many people execute transactions using POS. Government should have allowed us evolve gradually and in no time more Nigerians will go cashless. Instead people ended up losing their lives, businesses, only for us to return to square 0.

That was expected at the start of the policy. I also pointed out in my post that the policy was badly implemented by the FG, then there was the bottleneck from the banks who deliberately tried to sabotage it, and the courts who finally buried it. The economy did not shrink, I'm not sure where you got your info from.
Re: Old Notes Circulation: CBN Begins Monitoring Today, Banks Set Two-week Target by gesnigeria: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2023
Ndleabilli:
where bro?

Check this out for pwc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Can Make Billions Via Forex Without Sweat Sitting In My Palace – Emir Sanusi / Panama Papers: Dangote And Sayyu Dantata Linked To Shell Companies In Tax Havens / Nigeria To Clampdown On Loan Apps For Illegal Debt Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.