Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

“Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa (4613 Views)

Arisetv, The Nation Clash Over Michael Aondoakaa Interview / Aondoakaa Insists Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner / Femi Fani-kayode Lists Qualifications PDP Presidential Candidate ‘must’ Possess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by senatordave1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

Fantastic.

Now what do you think that means to Obi and Atiku’s argument of Tinubu not satisfying the constitutional provision by failing to get 25% in the FCT?

If it is established now that the Supreme Court has defined AND as a conjunctive, the implication is that “AND the FCT” is a separate requirement that must be satisfied before one can be declared president.

Or will the Supreme Court come back now and define AND as a disjunctive?

If you read that ruling,the supreme court said it is not necessary in all cases.again,section 299 has already given tinubu an advantage

1 Like

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Light777(f): 1:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Loool

Buhari already took Obasanjo to court for not getting 25% in FCT.......he lost the case!

https://old.nigerialii.org/ng/judgment/supreme-court/2003/6
That was in 2003..

The latest as regards this supreme court legal interpretation is in 2008.
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

You obviously didn't read it. grin

See the link you provided and the issues raised by the petitioner, Buhari.

There was no mention of 25% in the FCT in the case.

Can you post a screenshot of the part that talked about 25% in the FCT?

1 Like

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
Light777:
That was in 2003..

[b]The latest as regards this[/b]supreme court legal interpretation is in 2008.

I can't believe what I just read right now. Seriously? Lmaooo grin

Couldn't even make sense of this! grin
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 1:04pm On Mar 24, 2023
senatordave1:

If you read that ruling,the supreme court said it is not necessary in all cases.again,section 299 has already given tinubu an advantage

Read section 299(d) and come back when you are done.
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 1:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
Light777:
That was in 2003..

The latest as regards this supreme court legal interpretation is in 2008.

There was no mention of 25% in the FCT in the case he’s citing.

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

See the link you provided and the issues raised by the petitioner, Buhari.

There was no mention of 25% in the FCT in the case.

Can you post a screenshot of the part that talked about 25% in the FCT?

That the first respondent (now first appellant) was not validly elected by a majority of lawful votes cast in the election and did not receive 25 percent of votes cast in two-thirds of the States of the Federation and Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as required by the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria."

https://old.nigerialii.org/ng/judgment/supreme-court/2003/6

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2023
Peter Obi have a good case

A very strong one
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

You obviously didn't read it. grin

Again, a simple Google search makes nonsense of your claim.

Below is the result of the 2003 Presidential Election in Nigeria. A study of the result will show you that Obasanjo won in 25 States of the Federation and the FCT.

How then did Buhari take Obasanjo to court for not scoring 25% in the FCT?

Why do some of you engage in this kind of mischievous lies, stupid propaganda, propagation of falsehood and deliberate misinformation of the public?

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

Again, a simple Google search makes nonsense of your claim.

Below is the result of the 2003 Presidential Election in Nigeria. A study of the result will show you that Obasanjo won in 25 States of the Federation and the FCT.

How then did Buhari take Obasanjo to court for not scoring 25% in the FCT?

Why do some of you engage in this kind of mischievous lies, stupid propaganda, propagation of falsehood and deliberate misinformation of the public?

Of course, a simple google search actually provided the information, a link to the copied link.

Stop arguing with emotion.

Search ;

how 25% in FCT case between Obasanjo and Buhari was won in supreme court

1 Like

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Igboid: 1:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Of course, a simple google search actually provided the information, a link to the copied link.

Search ;

Stop being funny, obasanjo won 49% of votes in FCT in 2003.
See results here:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/2003-presidential-election-how-nigerians-voted/m7fn68j.amp

You Tinubu boys are not brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

3 Likes

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by id911(m): 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Search ;

Stop this misinformation and falsehood. There was no case like 25% against OBJ in Abuja because the two candidates scored more than 25% then. At least I voted in 2003 and followed the case closely till the end.

Like the other guy said, the Supreme Court has already ruled and defined 'AND' as a conjunctive. The implication is that 'AND' in relation to the FCT is a separate requirement that must be satisfied before one can be declared elected. I don't know where they're going to manufacture another ruling against that.
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
Igboid:

Stop being funny, obasanjo won 49% of votes in FCT in 2003.
See results here:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/2003-presidential-election-how-nigerians-voted/m7fn68j.amp

You Tinubu boys are not brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by PerfectMan24: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
tinsel:
He did not site the case? Disgraced SAN. He is even dressed as a lawyer? Was he not disrobed?
Truth is bitter

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
id911:

Stop this misinformation and falsehood. There was no case like 25% against OBJ in Abuja because the two candidates scored more than 25% then. At least I voted in 2003 and followed the case closely till the end.

Like the other guy said, the Supreme Court has already ruled and defined 'AND' as a conjunctive. The implication is that 'AND' in relation to the FCT is a separate requirement that must be satisfied before one can be declared elected. I don't know where they're going to manufacture another ruling against that.

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
PerfectMan24:

Truth is bitter

Take away falsehood from them and they have no defense anymore. cool

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Igboid: 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Lol! Wetin be this?
I showed you the official result of 2003 elections showing that OBJ won 49% of the votes, and you are showing me a document where someone was claiming he didn't?

Are you serious? grin

2 Likes

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by senatordave1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

Read section 299(d) and come back when you are done.

Again,the supreme court in another ruling said the fct is neither inferior nor superior to any state.
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Search ;

You are not making sense.

How would 25% in the FCT be a matter of litigation against Obasanjo when he won the FCT in 2003?

Again, there was no mention of 25% in the FCT in the case you provided its link.

I’ve asked you to take a screenshot of where it was mentioned in the case like I’ve been taking screenshots of my own claims but you are not doing it.

Rest abeg.

1 Like

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by wegevv: 1:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
senatordave1:

They never made such a ruling.both yaradua and buhari got 25% in fct so it never came up.what they ruled on was the meaning and importance of AND.see buhari vs yaradua supra.

My best friend is correct here ❤️

Looked into this the other day and the only case I found focused on the word “AND” used somewhere else in the constitution. That case said the word “AND” is conjunctive but that doesn’t necessarily apply to the whole constitution

Aondoaka was being very mischievous in that video
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by wegevv: 1:44pm On Mar 24, 2023
senatordave1:

Again,the supreme court in another ruling said the fct is neither inferior nor superior to any state.

Requiring 25% in FCT doesn’t necessarily make it superior to other states. Just like the fact that FCT doesn’t elect a governor doesn’t make it inferior.

There’s no advantage to anyone. The courts will decide
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Goke7: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2023
How will this help Obi to be President, I still don't understand, it's just like a case of If I don't get it you must not have it but does the law work that way? I don't think so
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by senatordave1(m): 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2023
wegevv:

My best friend is correct here ❤️

Looked into this the other day and the only case I found focused on the word “AND” used somewhere else in the constitution. That case said the word “AND” is conjunctive but that doesn’t necessarily apply to the whole constitution

Aondoaka was being very mischievous in that video

You are also right.this thing is discretionary.if it was "and in" the fct or shall,they would be no question

1 Like

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by GhaliNaaba(m): 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dont be daft.

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Dedeity: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2023
tinsel:
He did not site the case? Disgraced SAN. He is even dressed as a lawyer? Was he not disrobed?
This cricket is in pains. Typical Tinubu urchiin
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

You are not making sense.

How would 25% in the FCT be a matter of litigation against Obasanjo when he won the FCT in 2003?

Again, there was no mention of 25% in the FCT in the case you provided its link.

I’ve asked you to take a screenshot of where it was mentioned in the case like I’ve been taking screenshots of my own claims but you are not doing it.

Rest abeg.

Very well.
The Court will do justice to this and everybody can rest. grin
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 1:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Very well.
The Court will do justice to this and everybody can rest. grin

It’s good that you have now accepted that the only precedent about 25% in the FCT ever set by the Supreme Court is in favour of Obi’s case.

That’s what I wanted to make clear to you beyond every reasonable doubt.
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 2:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
GhaliNaaba:
Dont be daft.
The section is talking about the administration of the FCT.

It has nothing to do with the FCT’s status as regards the requirements that must be satisfied before one is declared a president.

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by martins1adelowo: 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Ok we don hearOk we don hear...
Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 4:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

It’s good that you have now accepted that the only precedent about 25% in the FCT ever set by the Supreme Court is in favour of Obi’s case.

That’s what I wanted to make clear to you beyond every reasonable doubt.

Ok. cool

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by Penguin2: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2023
totit:

Ok. cool

See the full provision below.

It’s talking about the administration of the FCT and not as it partains its place as a constitutional requirement for winning the presidency.

Re: “Supreme Court Position Is That A Candidate Must Get 25% In The FCT” Aondoakaa by totit: 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2023
Penguin2:

See the full provision below.

It’s talking about the administration of the FCT and not as it partains its place as a constitutional requirement for winning the presidency.
Shouldn't the section of the law headline serve as the summary of the specific segment or section of the quoted law?

Lmaoo
Ok.
It seems to me, by your logic Peter Obi should have been declared the winner since FTC is the almighty factor that determines who wins and who loses.

Well done. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Airport Runway Caves In Despite Not In Use: Pictures / In Support Of James Ibori / Are We Really Practicing Democracy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.