Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor (57509 Views)

Video Of Adeleke Dancing As Appeal Court Reinstates Him As Osun Governor / Appeal Court Reinstates Colonel Danladi Ribah Hassan / Court Reinstates Charles Soludo As APGA Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by 8stargeneral: 4:13pm On Mar 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

Peter obi is your father sent messiah not Gods sent.. If he is Gods sent he would have won
He won...they stole his mandate

Stolen mandate must return
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
adioolayi:

Firstly, this case ended at the Appeal court..

Also, can you tell us why you think Uzodinma's case was not right?

Because, if I remember correctly, votes from about 388 units were not added to Uzodinma's vote...so, appeal court said it was wrong not to add those votes..

Adding the votes puts him ahead of Ihedioha of PDP..but behind Uche Nwosu of AA.... unfortunately for Uche Nwosu who came second then, Supreme Court had already invalidated his nomination ...so, he withdrew his case from the appeal court.

We all use emotions and sentiments to say the 4th came first, without knowing the details of judgement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/how-apcs-hope-uzodinma-defeated-ihedioha-at-supreme-court/0mxwz90.amp

For correction purposes, governorship election disputes end at the Supreme court, not at the Appeal court(only NA and state Assembly disputes end at the Appeal court).
This already shows you're not well informed.
Now, concerning the Ihedioha vs Uzodimma case, Uzodimma(who came a distant 4th) wrote results for himself in 388PUs without even having any consideration for the voters register and the total number of voters therein; INEC cancelled it, tribunal ruled against him, Appeal court ruled against him, but your corrupt Supreme court accepted the doctored results, and you just think people are using emotions and sentiments?

As i said earlier, you're not well informed in these things, and it'll be a complete waste of time to continue arguing with you over them.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Goke7: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2023
phemy36:
STEP BY STEP HOW ADELEKE WON

1. Resolved that the Tribunal was not right to have rejected the judgment of the Court of Appeal that cleared Adeleke of forgery.

In short issue of forgery has been settled by the Court of Appeal. The Tribunal was wrong to have held forgery against Adeleke.

2. Issues 5 & 7: Preference of server report for BVAS machines and the report of inspection. Also the issue of transmission of results by way of manual collation.

Resolved that BVAS machine is the primary source

3. Voters register is intrinsically part of accreditation. Section 137 of the Electoral Act, only lightens the burden of the petitioner not to totally remove the burden.

To prove overvoting, voters register must be tendered.

4. Oyetola's witness not an expert which he held himself out to be. PW 1 claimed to be an expert, he did not give evidence of his qualifications, he did not deny his membership of the APC.

His evidence was barren.

5. Further resolving the issue of over-voting, the Tribunal only relied on the Table provided by Oyetola and APC to give judgment in their favour.

The Tribunal was wrong because there was no evidence to support such claim of over-voting.

6. Voters register is intrinsically part of accreditation. Section 137 of the Electoral Act, only lightens the burden of the petitioner not to totally remove the burden.

To prove overvoting, voters register must be tendered.

7. FINAL VERDICT

The Appeal Court has set aside the Tribunal judgment of 27th January and affirmed the judgment of Gov. Ademola Adeleke.

Abuja, Nigeria 🇳🇬

Bvas is dead grin chai which way Nigeria
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Samirana360(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
Pity urself bro wike has made it already
kosovo:
When people were rigging, forgeting there is now an electoral law 2022, I laugh..

Na Wike I pity pass... cheesy

Rigging with old method, when a new law exists.......

There will be a lot of staggered elections once all court cases are done with, thanks to INEC for being an arm of the APC..

You see the justices meticulously followed the electoral laws 2022 vis a viz the Nigeria constitution.

Not those beer parlour judges at the tribunal... How do you expect to be a Justice when you see white and call it black? kia
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by IfnobeGod20: 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
Georgejeez:

Heeeiiiisss,, you are the ignorant one here ,,lemme educate you for free .
Governorship has 3 levels, Tribunal-Court of Appeal-Supreme Court.

Presidency has 2 ,, Court of Appeal-Supreme Court .

National Assembly has 2, Tribunal-Court of Appeal ,, no Supreme Court ..

That's why you hear of Governors like Uzodinma and Diri as Supreme Court Governors but you don't hear any Legislator being called Supreme Court Senator or Supreme Court Honourable .

However looking at the case and the Judgement with legally trained eyes , it's obvious to the legally initiates that APC has decided to lose Osun state in other to gain the Presidency because they will use the SC judgement as Case Law to counter the B-vas evidences presented by Atiku and Obi ..

You just have to give it to Jagaban , sadly that man na real Mafia Don..

I always tell people that Tinubu is 100 times better than Buhari because it takes only the extremely intelligent to make a fortune from selling hard drugs in the USA
It seems some of you are just too ignorant of the happening. Obi case wasn't about over voting but suppression of votes. Let me simplify it for you for more understanding. For example:
In A state if the votes got by each party are as follows:
APC - 120
LP - 30
PDP - 60
But party with dubious structure went to suppress the votes as thus:
APC - 140
LP - 10
PDP - 60

If you look at it the number of registered voters still stand at 210 buy there is permutation and combination. This was dictated in 21 states of the federation.
You people should try and be calming down and comprehend issues. That's exactly Peter Obi case, aside other issues he raised. So it is quite different from Adeleke's/ Oyetola's case. Their own is talking of over voting but Peter Obi is talking of suppression of votes.

I have not really read Atiku's petition but your reference to Obi own is faulty and not the same with what you submitted here.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Goke7: 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dannyset:

Honestly, if overvoting has to be compared with registered voters and not accredited voters, then we should just throw away the BVAS because that's the main purpose.

That's what the judgment actually says.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by sokeril: 4:19pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:

Are you on Twitter sir?

Excerpts: #Phoenix, you try.

Costs were awarded to APC & Oyetola.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by honorik(m): 4:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
congratulations to u your Excellency, i wish your other political counter part will follow your foot steps your really an ICON
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by stocktaker: 4:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

It seems some of you are just too ignorant of the happening. Obi case wasn't about over voting but suppression of votes. Let me simplify it for you for more understanding. For example:
In A state if the votes got by each party are as follows:
APC - 120
LP - 30
PDP - 60
But party with dubious structure went to suppress the votes as thus:
APC - 140
LP - 10
PDP - 60

If you look at it the number of registered voters still stand at 210 buy there is permutation and combination. This was dictated in 21 states of the federation.
You people should try and be calming down and comprehend issues. That's exactly Peter Obi case, aside other issues he raised. So it is quite different from Adeleke's/ Oyetola's case. Their own is talking of over voting but Peter Obi is talking of suppression of votes.

I have not really read Atiku's petition buy your reference to Obi own is faulty and not the same with what you submitted here.
Shut up this is the meaning of voters. Suppression below as done in governorship election in Lagos
Not this nonsense u typed above

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Jnkay: 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2023
God thank you for your mercies on poor Nigerian. Silver and Gold we have not but God you are our refuge and our strong hold. God thank you for Osun state and the poor masses, let your mercies prevail over every evil judgment and make Nigeria great again🙏

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by diddy25(m): 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2023
Imole is here to stay. Congratulations to people’s Governor. Baba jeje oninu Dudu taking his dose😂

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Lekan239(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
kosovo:
When people were rigging, forgeting there is now an electoral law 2022, I laugh..

There will be a lot of staggered elections once all court cases are done with, thanks to INEC for being an arm of the APC..

You see the justices meticulously followed the electoral laws 2022 vis a viz the Nigeria constitution.

Not those beer parlour judges at the tribunal... How do you expect to be a Justice when you see white and call it black? kia
it's always an herculean task to remove a sitting or elected politician in Nigeria. As u can see here
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Lekan239(m): 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2023
kosovo:

it's always an herculean task to remove a sitting or elected politician in Nigeria. As u can see here

The court favour adeleke now and he did not return the mandate u are happy and to you Nigeria judiciary system is no fraud now.

In some months if the same court also favours Tinubu and he kept the mandate too, Nigeria Judiciary system will become a fraud to you. AND we will hear Tinubu has given them billoins.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by bigcasava1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-appeal-court-reinstates-adeleke-as-osun-governor/amp
Igbo man have safe his ass, still afonja will not appreciate
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Angelthepoet(m): 5:02pm On Mar 24, 2023
Congratulations to His Excellency Governor Ademola Adeleke
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by brenister10: 5:18pm On Mar 24, 2023
Throwback:
Supreme Court would be the final decider.

All this millennium shidren
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 5:29pm On Mar 24, 2023
sokeril:
NL is my main SM jareh. I am on Twitter and I have only 3 followers.

Mercy Johnson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Al-Nassr grin
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
sad
Asgard13:
Power to the people!!

Tinubu will return that mandate he bought with millions in dollars

And “ might “ still go in for it ..

Adeleke must lead Osun with good governance.. and fear of God
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2023
senatordave1:

Oyetola team did the right thing,tried to bring evidence polling unit by polling unit but unfortunately it was from incomplete data.obi also needs to bring his evidence unit by unit....
Apart from the fct matter,the double nomination by shettima might be an issue although one can argue that he was unknowingly nominated twice
What happened to people who bought Presidency form and went ahead to contest Senate?
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by senatordave1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:
What happened to people who bought Presidency form and went ahead to contest Senate?

For me there is nothing wrong there as far as you eventually accept one nomination or followed due process.as at the time of the elections,was he a candidate in two constituencies? He was nominated today as vp and the next day he withdrew his senatorial candidacy so there is no issue there normally.obi would now be left with the overvoting issue and switching of his results in 18000 units
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 5:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
senatordave1:

For me there is nothing wrong there as far as you eventually accept one nomination or followed due process. As at the time of the elections,was he a candidate in two constituencies? He was nominated today as vp and the next day he withdrew his senatorial candidacy so there is no issue there normally.obi would now be left with the overvoting issue and switching of his results in 18000 units
The double nomination issue is no issue. The answer is already in the bolded.

Others are just let's go on. Over-voting is a big problem to prove.

You can see today, the Judges simply didn't break their heads over the over-voting, they just went straight to the issues surrounding it.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by maridrug(m): 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
Tinubu will return it to who, AA or PO?
Asgard13:
Power to the people!!

Tinubu will return that mandate he bought with millions in dollars

And “ might “ still go in for it ..

Adeleke must lead Osun with good governance.. and fear of God
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by senatordave1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:
The double nomination issue is no issue. The answer is already in the bolded.

Others are just let's go on. Over-voting is a big problem to prove.

You can see today, the Judges simply didn't break their heads over the over-voting, they just went straight to the issues surrounding it.

For you to prove overvoting,you must use data from bvas accompanied by manual register unit by unit.

Looking at the issue of double nomination again,the apex court were misled in disq nwosu.he unknowingly allowed himself to be double nominated,he wasn't aware of the court ruling affirming his nomination.again,the courts did not avert their minds to the fact that inec never published nwosu name as apc candidate and that another court affirmed hope unless nwosu was affirmed first..
Jombo ofo is from abia I guess
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Dannyset(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Goke7:

That's what the judgment actually says.

Then the electoral act and the BVAS are useless. Also, the presidential election petition is as good as null and void.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by IBUKUNHI(m): 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2023
Goldenchyke:
Good one!

Anything except the Agbado Party

Congratulations Governor Adeleke
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 6:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
senatordave1:

For you to prove overvoting,you must use data from bvas accompanied by manual register unit by unit.

Looking at the issue of double nomination again,the apex court were misled in disq nwosu.he unknowingly allowed himself to be double nominated,he wasn't aware of the court ruling affirming his nomination.again,the courts did not avert their minds to the fact that inec never published nwosu name as apc candidate and that another court affirmed hope unless nwosu was affirmed first..
Jombo ofo is from abia I guess
He was aware.
He was the one that approached the FCT High Court and his prayers were granted by the late Valentine Ashi. Nwosu was affirmed first before an Imo High Court affirmed Hope.

Infact, Nwosu rushed down to that Court less than 72 hours after Primary.

She is Anambra but married to an Arochukwu man. She was the person who had the contentious issues of State of Origin issue during confirmation in 2012. She was elevated with Agim to the Appeal Court, the same set.

Was she on the panel, have been looking for the other 2 with the PJ!
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by senatordave1(m): 6:16pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:

He was aware.
He was the one that approached the FCT High Court and his prayers were granted by the late Valentine Ashi. Nwosu was affirmed first before an Imo High Court affirmed Hope.

Infact, Nwosu rushed down to that Court less than 72 hours after Primary.

She is Anambra but married to an Arochukwu man. She was the person who had the contentious issues of State of Origin issue during confirmation in 2012. She was elevated with Agim to the Appeal Court, the same set.

Was she on the panel, have been looking for the other 2 with the PJ!

He should have gone to appeal to affirm it.dont forget since they were two fhc judgments,it means status quo which is hope name subsisting as originally submitted.
She is due for the apex court.Mary odili had same issue.she was on the panel alongside jca James gomno abundaga.they are usually five,seems the electoral act reduced it to 5.

Help me with nasarawa guber results lg by lg
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Lovelive: 6:21pm On Mar 24, 2023
You lied to me.

Never !
Justice is on the way and the masses shall rejoice that God is Almighty King and Peter Obi is President of the new Nigeria.

OGHENAOGIE:
u better wake up tinubu would be president till 2027 when another elections takes place
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Goke7: 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
Dannyset:

Then the electoral act and the BVAS are useless. Also, the presidential election petition is as good as null and void.

That’s why am not happy with the judgement. All Nigerians need to be sincere if we really want to end rigging. I think our elections is just based on hate and preference for candidates

We don’t really have interest in transparent elections. We only agree it’s transparent when our preferred candidate wins.

Bvas is dead with this judgement unless the Supreme Court thinks otherwise which I doubt

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo: Obasanjo Using A Selfie Stick.. / EFCC Seizes Fayose's Houses In Lagos And Abuja, Quizzes Olu Falae / Peter Obi Shuts Down Ladipo, Computer Village, Festac, Others at Short Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.