Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,379 members, 7,836,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor (57550 Views)

Video Of Adeleke Dancing As Appeal Court Reinstates Him As Osun Governor / Appeal Court Reinstates Colonel Danladi Ribah Hassan / Court Reinstates Charles Soludo As APGA Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by rolams(m): 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2023
Throwback:
Supreme Court would be the final decider.

The supreme court will uphold the appeal court ruling.

I have said this severally here that it is not proper to jettison the BVAS.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fbabs(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:

As long as as it is a part of INEC guidelines, they won't.

When the SCR was in the guidelines, they didn't strike it out l, they won't now.

Let them say it, so that we will rest.

I don't even see it as an issue per se in this context.

You are one of my most respected nairalander
GOD bless you abundantly sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by alimiadedayo1: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
8stargeneral:
He won...they stole his mandate

Stolen mandate must return
you are deceiving all your family members including your zombiedent obidiense

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Oceemo(m): 8:32pm On Mar 24, 2023
Bluntemperor:

Yes,but if the table should turn against them,then the Judiciary is not good again!
Nonsensical People everywhere!
lets shower them with love we are not like them at least the celebration calm some nerves people don d tear passport before u know ah

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by sokeril: 8:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:

NL is my main SM jareh. I am on Twitter and I have only 3 followers.

Mercy Johnson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Al-Nassr grin
Nairaland is too toxic for my liking so I’m mostly on Twitter.
But I like to read from you and some few guys because of your maturity and reasonability.
Please consider being active on Twitter more sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by maasoap(m): 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
fergie001:
There is no case in that Appeal.

One of the most difficult things in this world is proving over-voting in our Presidential elections. The only dynamics in that case is the FCT (25%), others will just be legal gymnastics.

And where is that one in electoral law?
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by 8stargeneral: 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
[quote author=alimiadedayo1 post=122037151]
you are deceiving all your family members including your zombiedent obidiense [/ your a clown for calling my family
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by 8stargeneral: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

you are deceiving all your family members including your zombiedent obidiense
your a clown for calling my family
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2023
maasoap:
And where is that one in electoral law?
It is a Constitutional matter that the Apex Court will help us solve.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 10:10pm On Mar 24, 2023
sokeril:

Nairaland is too toxic for my liking so I’m mostly on Twitter.
But I like to read from you and some few guys because of your maturity and reasonability.
Please consider being active on Twitter more sir.
I will try, thanks!
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Kukutenla: 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2023
muykem:
FCT 25% is errant nonsense. Our democracy and constitution was copied from USA which will never make certain people superior to other
This is actually false
States in USA have superiority when it comes to electoral college
That's how Trump and Bush won despite losing majority votes

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Kukutenla: 11:55pm On Mar 24, 2023
Goke7:

That’s why am not happy with the judgement. All Nigerians need to be sincere if we really want to end rigging. I think our elections is just based on hate and preference for candidates

We don’t really have interest in transparent elections. We only agree it’s transparent when our preferred candidate wins.

Bvas is dead with this judgement unless the Supreme Court thinks otherwise which I doubt
Where did you get the idea that bvas is dead because of need to tender voters register.
Are you sure you know what voters register is?
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Goke7: 1:04am On Mar 25, 2023
Kukutenla:

Where did you get the idea that bvas is dead because of need to tender voters register.
Are you sure you know what voters register is?

Have you read the judgment?
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by felibrain: 1:34am On Mar 25, 2023
I'm talking about the new electoral Act, you're talking about Uzodimma. Go and verify what I just said. And all this your talk about losing Osun and Tinubu is none of my business.
Georgejeez:

Heeeiiiisss,, you are the ignorant one here ,,lemme educate you for free .
Governorship has 3 levels, Tribunal-Court of Appeal-Supreme Court.

Presidency has 2 ,, Court of Appeal-Supreme Court .

National Assembly has 2, Tribunal-Court of Appeal ,, no Supreme Court ..

That's why you hear of Governors like Uzodinma and Diri as Supreme Court Governors but you don't hear any Legislator being called Supreme Court Senator or Supreme Court Honourable .

However looking at the case and the Judgement with legally trained eyes , it's obvious to the legally initiates that APC has decided to lose Osun state in other to gain the Presidency because they will use the SC judgement as Case Law to counter the B-vas evidences presented by Atiku and Obi ..

You just have to give it to Jagaban , sadly that man na real Mafia Don..

I always tell people that Tinubu is 100 times better than Buhari because it takes only the extremely intelligent to make a fortune from selling hard drugs in the USA
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by felibrain: 1:37am On Mar 25, 2023
I'm talking about the new electoral act 2022, you're talking about Imo. Appeal court is the final for governorship elections. ONLY presidential petitions can go to the SC.
chinchum:
you are the ignorant one.
Imo, zamfara and Bayelsa current governors won at the supreme court.

Appeal court used to be final arbiter some years back. Aregbesola won Osun state in that instance
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by chinchum(m): 3:37am On Mar 25, 2023
felibrain:
I'm talking about the new electoral act 2022, you're talking about Imo. Appeal court is the final for governorship elections. ONLY presidential petitions can go to the SC.
you pulled that from no where. State where that is mentioned in the electoral act. Petition of Ekiti governorship election that held last year has now moved to the supreme court .
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Kukutenla: 5:22am On Mar 25, 2023
Goke7:

Have you read the judgment?
Yes. And it just reinforced bvas as primary evidence as against server report which the tribunal judgement relied upon. Even the dissenting tribunal judgement also upheld bvas Machine report as the primary source of evidence.
Bvas or no bvas, nobody votes without his name being on the voters register in his PU. That's what the appeal judgement is pointing out. The voters register is still relevant to the electoral process.
It does not in any way imply bvas is useless.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by alimiadedayo1: 7:38am On Mar 25, 2023
8stargeneral:
He won...they stole his mandate

Stolen mandate must return
well don mandate stolen retriever.. I hope you will return it for him soon.. zoombidient

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by 8stargeneral: 7:41am On Mar 25, 2023
alimiadedayo1:

well don mandate stolen retriever.. I hope you will return it for him soon.. zoombidient
Is you that stole his mandate would return it...baba Chicago
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Kukutenla: 8:24am On Mar 25, 2023
fergie001:

Can you share with me a copy of the judgement

Excerpts: #Phoenix, you try.

Costs were awarded to APC & Oyetola.
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by IfnobeGod20: 11:37am On Mar 25, 2023
stocktaker:
Shut up this is the meaning of voters. Suppression below as done in governorship election in Lagos
Not this nonsense u typed above
You see when you're quick to comment and look so smart, you're bound to score owe goal. I made mentioned of vote suppression but out of anxiety and curiosity you turned it to voter suppression. Lack of detailed comprehension. Go and learn it and also stop rushing to comment, try and have grasp of what you want to comment on.
Go and check the comment you replied, you can never find any words like 'voter Suppression' but only "vote suppression".
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Aiel123: 11:53am On Mar 25, 2023
fergie001:

NL is my main SM jareh. I am on Twitter and I have only 3 followers.

Mercy Johnson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Al-Nassr grin
Followers?
Abi na you follow them... which one Fergie
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 12:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Aiel123:

Followers?
Abi na you follow them... which one Fergie
Hahahahahahahaha

I was carried away, na me dey folow Dem.😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by fergie001: 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
senatordave1:
He should have gone to appeal to affirm it. dont forget since they were two fhc judgments,it means status quo which is hope name subsisting as originally submitted.

Nwosu got his own from the late Valentine Ashi of the FCT High Court on Oct 9/2018, Uzodinma got his own from Justice Othman Musa from the same Court on Oct 11/2018. Nwosu's own was interim and expired along the way whilst Uzodinma's own was subsisting and backed by a Nov 22 Imo High Court judgement. Nwosu/Okorocha were overwhelmed.

She is due for the apex court.Mary odili had same issue.she was on the panel alongside jca James gomno abundaga.they are usually five,seems the electoral act reduced it to 5.
Those in the Petitions tribunal are oftentimes elevated, maybe 2 or 3 of them.

Dahiru Musdapher who later became CJN read the lead judgement at the Appeal Court in Olu Falae v Obasanjo 1999. He was sent up on 6/1/2003 before the next election. (They sat in 3)

In 2003, Mahmud Mohammed who later became CJN took the lead judgement and was sent up on 19/6/2005. The other Justices are Sylvanus Nsofor (who said that Nigeria should never witness an election like that of 2003 and ruled on cancelling the whole elections: He was never elevated till he retired), Francis Tabai was the other Judge who supported the lead judgement and was elevated 17/3/2006. (They sat in 3)

In 2007, Ogebe was Chairman of the panel and was recommended for the SC before the judgement in February 2008. John Fabiyi took the lead judgement and was elevated in Feb 2009. They sat in 5, Abba Aji and Raphael Agbo were on that panel.

In 2011, Bayang Akaahs chaired the panel and was elevated 26/9/2012. Mohammed Garba was also on that panel.

In 2019, 3 of them went up (Garba, Oseji, Aboki), Ikyegh was on that panel.

I believe, Dongban-Mensem will chair this one and Ikyegh will be heading to the SC next year or so. He is from Benue and the NC has only one person, Dattijo from Niger State and he will be leaving October this year.

They will still sit in 5. This is the pre-trial stage, when the substantive case is about to begin, they will be in 5.

Jombo-Ofo is due but I will have preferred Uwa who is her senior by rank and younger in age.

Mary Odili's was mainly kicked by Ngige who was in the Senate then, but Rochas & the Imo Senators were cool with it.

Help me with Nasarawa Guber results lg by lg

(1) NASARAWA LGA

APC - 27,992
PDP - 18,996
Difference - 9,000

(2) KEANA LGA

APC - 9,598
PDP - 7,173
Difference - 2,425

(3) WAMBA LGA

APC - 12,124
PDP - 8,089
Difference - 4,035

(4) DOMA LGA

APC - 10,953
PDP - 12,244
Difference - 1,291

(5) KEFFI LGA

APC - 27,737
PDP - 11,995
Difference - 15,742

(6) KOKONA LGA

APC-18,009
PDP -19,045

DF=1,006

(7) TOTO LGA

APC- 15,787
PDP - 11,630

DF=. 4,157

(cool. KARU LGA

APC- 29,249
PDP- 47,775

DF=. 18,526

(9). AKWANGA LGA

APC- 15,873
PDP - 23,787

DF= 7,913

(10) OBI LGA

APC - 10,953
PDP. -12,244

DF=. 4,342

(11) AWE LGA

APC- 13,629
PDP-. 4,438

DF= 9,191

(12) LAFIA LGA

APC- 70,293
PDP- 24,065

DF= 46,228

(13) NAS EGGON

APC- 16,693
PDP- 36,826

DF= 20,133

TOTAL RESULTS OF 13 LGA

APC - 281,029
PDP - 247,421
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by Aiel123: 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
fergie001:

Hahahahahahahaha

I was carried away, na me dey folow Dem.😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
I for talk oo.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by alimiadedayo1: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
8stargeneral:
Is you that stole his mandate would return it...baba Chicago
oya come and collect your birthright
Re: Appeal Court Reinstates Adeleke As Osun Governor by press9jatv: 2:00am On Mar 26, 2023
I am not a Lawyer but I have a sound mind in my own little right. The public needed to know that the Appeal Court yesterday agreed with Oyetola that the non rendering of judgement of the member 3 on the tribunal panel will still have been order since she appended her signature on Justice Buga Teresa Kume's judgement. The same Appeal Court agreed that notwithstanding the haphazard nature of the receipt obtained by Oyetola which has no date conformity with the CTC of his server report, the post dated receipt still did not take away the existence of APC tendered server report. The Appeal Court indeed also spoke on the bias allegation against the man that gave Oyetola majority judgement at the Tribunal. It is therefore going to be extremely difficult and I believe impossible too for Oyetola or APC to impeach the other legs in the judgement that dealt with the substance of the Appeal. A day old child understands that the lower tribunal could not have rightfully impeach the judgement of the Appeal Court since 2019 which cleared and exonerated Governor Ademola Adeleke of any question of forgery or non disqualification in the manner that the Kume headed tribunal did. Again it is fundamental in law that overvoting is not in the vacuum without recourse to the voters register and the ec8a form series. The unanimous judgement of the Appeal Court under my Lord Justice Shaibu was such a sound judgement which no credible Lawyer have been able to come out since yesterday to fault base on point of law or judicial appropriateness other than the sheer beer parlour attempt of condemnation by political urchins which opinion is very fade and unpopular. Everybody saw content in that Appeal Court judgement and it was embedded with wisdom. History is appearing to be ripe to repeat itself just as it was the case in 2018 when the supreme court affirmed the judgement of the Appeal Court on the Osun State governorship tussle. My counsel to Former Governor Oyetola is that he should endeavour to consider the necessity to allow the olive branch extended by his Successor in office to be if only he has any love for Osun State. As he has been penalized to pay some fines to the prior Appellant over his bad case before the Appeal Court, now that he is a likely Appellant again in case he goes to the Supreme Court, there is a likelihood that the Apex Court will not entertain shenanigans because the Supreme Court is a court that is facts based, it will most probably not jettison the primary source of information which are the BIVAS machines and the unchallenged BIVAS independent report as ordered by the Tribunal which was later discountenance by the same tribunal which ordered it, to rely on an unsubstantiated back end server information which is suspectible to human errors and hacking, in this case which the INEC has described as an incomplete report.

The fragmented Osun APC instead of washing its dirty linens outside further and wasting precious time and scarce of its resources on the futile journey to the supreme court should do good to return to drawing board and prepare for the next election in 4 years time maybe it could be lucky to get forgiven for her sins against the electorates in Osun State. This one is completely gone by the grace of God. Governor Ademola Adeleke will spend his two terms of allowable 8 years uninterrupted in office. This is my prophecy Insha Allah.

Akintunde Bello Sheriff ABS writes in from Abuja, Nigeria but based in Osun State. ✍️✍️✍️✍️✍️

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) / The Palm Tree Where Ironsi, Fajuyi Were Killed • Oyo Govt To Immortalise Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.