Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

My Crazy Experience Have Taking A Loan From A Loan App - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Crazy Experience Have Taking A Loan From A Loan App (1092 Views)

What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / 5 Important keys on how to Secure a loan from a bank / When You Took Loan From Lapo To Buy Bike(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Crazy Experience Have Taking A Loan From A Loan App by Kingboy10: 7:23pm On Mar 24, 2023
So last week I asked my friend about loan apps I can access quick loan he gave me a name but advised me strongly against it saying it was a bad habit, he begged me to manage whatever I have. I took his advice.

So on Monday when I realized everything was now chocked up for me and I didn’t have anyway to go, I decided to get a quick for my small business.

Those of you who are doing business will know that this cashless policy have affected business and for people like us who are small business owners we have been worst hit. Infact I haven’t made an significant profit since February.

So I went behind my friend to download NewCredit with the hope of collecting small loan and use for small turnover. After registering in the app, they gave me a minimum loan of 16,800, to pay back 21k.I wanted 10k as I didn’t want to take a loan that will be difficult for me to pay back.

After thinking about this, I told myself I had no choice, I needed the money to help my small business as I don’t have much capital. I decided to take the risk.

My loan was approved, got the alert almost immediately on my Access bank account. And you know how most of this bank are unreliable so I wanted to transfer the money to my OPay. I tried severely but the app wasn’t opening.

Later in the night the app opened,I tried transferring the money to my OPay account, I was told it was unsuccessfully but I was debited. Ah, my heart skipped for a minute. I was thinking they will reverse the money but they didn’t,

Slept and woke up in the morning hoping they had reversed it, but they didn’t. I enter into panic mood. The crowds at their branch are scaring. So I decided to approach them via twitter and Facebook.

They finally replied me on Wednesday morning on Facebook and promised to reverse it in 24hours time. I waited till Thursday afternoon before they could reverse it.

I quickly reached out to my customer in onitsha main market and ordered for goods with the money. About an hour later I got a call from the driver that will do the waybill confirming he has gotten my goods and I should save his number.

I was supposed to get the goods this morning which is Friday, I had only 100 with me and 1200 on my OPay. I was hoping the driver will accept transfer.

My phone charger spoilt in the night so I couldn’t charge it. Woke up early in the morning to look for where to charge it with money.

After charging it, I called the driver’s number but it was switched off. I went to the park they normally offload. Only to get their and was told the driver bus spoiled at Asaba. I said double wahala. I waited till around 12pm but no sign of him.

I was advised by another driver to go home and wait for his call. I had no money with me except the 1200 in my OPay account. My hope was to collect my goods and go out to hustle for my daily bread.

Waited till this evening but no call from him nor is his number going through. So I went to use part of the remaining 1200 to get something to eat this evening because no matter what man must chop.

Now if the driver calls me tomorrow to come pick my goods, I get no money to pay. Plus the money I use in buying the goods was from a loan app which access bank decided to seize for 3days.

Now I remember the advise of my friend warning me not to borrow from loan apps and I said no. How am I suppose to pay when the loan will be due in 9 days time. I really regret taking that loan because I have fallen into deep shit since the loan was taken 🥺😩
Re: My Crazy Experience Have Taking A Loan From A Loan App by OnyeAshuaUru: 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2023
Chai
Re: My Crazy Experience Have Taking A Loan From A Loan App by Flora2Sweet: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
Damn... what if the driver shows up tomorrow... how will u now collect ur goods
Re: My Crazy Experience Have Taking A Loan From A Loan App by Kingboy10: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2023
Flora2Sweet:
Damn... what if the driver shows up tomorrow... how will u now collect ur goods
that's the problem. Living in Nigeria is hell, everything seems to be working against you as an individual

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Producing Pepper For Export Market / Nationality And Owing A Company / What Business Can I Start With Zero Capital Online And Offline?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.