Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination (38195 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses PDP’s Suit Challenging ‘Double Nomination’ Of Shettima / Osinbajo Jokes With Shettima Over Ice Cream / INEC Delists 1.1 Million Voters Over Double Registration, Ineligibility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:52am On Mar 25, 2023
bdon12:

I agree wit u.It doesnt seem like Obi will get justice.I dont see this as a fair judgement.Electoral law says u cant vie for two positions at same time.Yet Shettima did.

Did you see his name on senatorial ballot paper
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by emetisuccess(m): 9:53am On Mar 25, 2023
I pity una ooooo, it's PDP ooo not LP oooo
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by 2mch(m): 9:54am On Mar 25, 2023
Supremos:
You're sick in your mind by bringing Igbo into this. Why are you guys very tribalistic?.

The writer of that People's Gazette, is a Yoruba man.

Only him knows who paid him

What's the Igbo thing with the article?. Is People Gazette now equal to Igbo or is the Yoruba writer now Igbo?
The wheel chair rumor and picture of the CJN was started by Sam Amadi on Twitter. So, People’s Gazette will eventually tell us who their reliable source was.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by sukkot: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2023
Intelligently going through the comments and reading from intelligent minds in the comments I think we can safely conclude that tinubu is officially the president. From what I gleaned from the brilliant legal minds in the comments

1- the non-eligibility of a candidate based on felony such as a drug crime stops being relevant against the candidate 10 years after the crime is recorded and judged. In tinubus case this supposed drug crime is over 40 years old now. That's four times the required time. So based on this that accusation would be tossed

2- is the issue of the 25 percent FCT. Which the FCT is seen as a 37th state and not a compulsory entity to win. They say someone has challenged buhari in this case before and lost so a precedent has been set for this case. TOSSED OUT

3- the issue of pre-selection bantering within a party before the election based on pre conceived legal grievances becomes irrelevant once the election is done and dusted and the only person who can then challenge the winner after this fact is someone within the winners party and anyone outside of the winners party has no jurisdiction to challenge it and based on this we TOSS IT OUT

IN CONCLUSION IT NOW APPEARS THE OPPOSITION HAS NO CASE SO I SAY, elofokanbale

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by DeTruthh: 9:56am On Mar 25, 2023
emmanbol:
Guys, calm down.

Reason the federal high court throw out the case is due to Locus standi . That is, pdp doesn't have the legal position to file such case. At that level, only somebody that did primary with shetima, tinubu, or APC member can file such case.

But at election petition tribunal, pdp, LP, candidates have the locus standi to file such case by the provisions of the law.

So, I can assure you 100% that the case will be listened to at petition tribunal. Thanks.

Supremos, Madridguy, seunmsg come and read and learn. Una mumu done too much

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by jaxxy(m): 9:57am On Mar 25, 2023
barbstee:
Ok

I think Obi will learn a lesson here and not waste the courts time.

BAT is our president elect.
May Allah ease the task for him

There are more serious issues at stake in Obi petition that bat will not survive the case.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by DeTruthh: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2023
sukkot:
Intelligently going through the comments and reading from intelligent minds in the comments I think we can safely conclude that tinubu is officially the president. From what I gleaned from the brilliant legal minds in the comments

1- a case as to the eligibility of a candidate based on felony such as a drug crime stops being relevant against the candidate 10 years after the crime is recorded and judged. In tinubu a case this supposed drug crime is over 40 years old now. That's four times the required time. So based on this that accusation would be tossed

2- is the issue of the 25 percent FCT. Which the FCT is seen as a 37th state and not a compulsory entity to win. They say someone has challenged buhari in this case before and lost so a precedent has been set for this case. TOSSED OUT

3- the issue of pre-selection bantering within a party before the election based on pre conceived grievances becomes irrelevant once the election is done and dusted and the only person who can then challenge the winner after this fact is someone within the winners party and anyone outside of the winners party has no jurisdiction to challenge it and based on this we TOSS IT OUT

IN CONCLUSION IT NOW APPEARS THE OPPOSITION HAS NO CASE SO I SAY, elofokanbale

You no read well. What of the 21 states in question? Abi you no see that one as you dey read?
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2023
Carmal90:

Hmmm.
I'm interested in what the judgement will be for the FCT case.

It wasn't as straight as you think( I may be wrong).

Why is it mandatory for us to have English Language during our SSCE? Is it that English language has two heads than other subjects? even if you have 8A and fail English, no school will admit you.

The index you are using has no correlation, for instance you are saying during governor election if the governor did not win state capital with 25% the election can't stand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Masterito(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2023
One of Atiku and PDP case was dismissed but na Obi and Igbo full every where for almost all comments, including yours.
Basic123:

That is why they want to rope CJN.You know that Igbo don't take responsibility, someone and something must be blamed.If TINUBU win eventually, they will claim he met with the CJN and bought him. They are scums sincerely.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by vannessa7(f): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2023
hardbody:

Your Allah may try but my God won't let him enjoy stealing the mandate of the people.

You will understand when the rulings are made in Obi's case. Atiku and BAT are serving the same Allah so their Allah knows what he is doing with them, God don't care about Allah.

Which God are you alluding to, is it the God that is just and merciful, the God that is love, you think such God will support igbo hate filled, tribalistic agenda? Obi will only get to Aso rock if God wants to punish us but I'm sure that time has passed and it is the season of mercy for Nigerians thus Tinubu won, is it this Peter Obi that you all are dying for👇👇

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing/19#117559848

I

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Shantyken(m): 10:02am On Mar 25, 2023
asanausana91:
go and read the electoral law. You cannot have two nominations.
Except another jamboree judgement like that of that of Lawan and Akpabio

Did he stepdown at the time tinubu picked him as VP, u can also visit the inec portal to check who is senator elect for that district

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by DeTruthh: 10:02am On Mar 25, 2023
Basic123:

That is why they want to rope CJN.You know that Igbo don't take responsibility, someone and something must be blamed.If TINUBU win eventually, they will claim he met with the CJN and bought him. They are scums sincerely.

Did he not meet and bribe INEC's manhood abi Mahmood? Can you swear in a shrine with your life that he did not bribe INEC?
Answer me.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by sarafoster: 10:05am On Mar 25, 2023
Thanks for sharing... Home Bargains Portal
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Shantyken(m): 10:05am On Mar 25, 2023
DeTruthh:

Did he not meet and bribe INEC's manhood abi Mahmood? Can you swear in a shrine with your life that he did not bribe INEC?
Answer me.

Will u also swear that he bribed the Inec

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by SeunDAssLicker: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2023
yemex04:

That Law was done to be an advantage to a Candidate who is not able to get 24th State 25% spread out of the usual 36 states.. The candidate can be declared Winner if he/she gets the required spread in 23 States & FCT.
Simply said, FCT can be considered 24th State for a candidate who had the required spread in just 23 States of the Federation. The intent & the spirit of that section of the Constitution is not more than this.

That is illogical. So for all the other 11 states you couldn’t get %25, but somehow you believe FCT will be the wrecking ball…?

FCT has that special status because those who made the law at the time saw it as the seat of power and because our laws haven’t been tried to that extent it hasn’t been interpreted as such.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by DeTruthh: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2023
Shantyken:

Will u also swear that he bribed the Inec
Yes
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Freebills12: 10:07am On Mar 25, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Shantyken:

Pls can u check inec portal if Shettima name is still there as senatorial candidate

This is what the law said:
Electoral Act 2022 for politicians to obtain multiple nomination forms. According to Section 115 (D) of the Act, a person who signs a nomination paper or result form as a candidate in more than one constituency at the same election commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a maximum term of imprisonment for two years.
Comprehend whether he faulted the rule or not.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Shantyken(m): 10:07am On Mar 25, 2023
vannessa7:

Which God are you alluding to, is it the God that is just and merciful, the God that is love, you think such God will support igbo hate filled, tribalistic agenda? Obi will only get to Aso rock if God wants to punish us but I'm sure that time has passed and it is the season of mercy for Nigerians thus Tinubu won, is it this Peter Obi that you all are dying for👇👇

I

The same obi that said this👇👇

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Basic123: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2023
DeTruthh:

Answer me.
You should swear in a shrine first.since you are the one making allegations, the burden of prove is on you.
Then now swear with your miserable life that OBI didnt collude with INEC official to rig in the east and give him 96 percent in all states.
Infact the only rigger in this election is OBI..they guy na smooth criminal.
All other candidates lost one or more states to opposition in their stronghold,only OBI cleared his.Thief!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Shantyken(m): 10:09am On Mar 25, 2023
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

This is what the law said:
Electoral Act 2022 for politicians to obtain multiple nomination forms. According to Section 115 (D) of the Act, a person who signs a nomination paper or result form as a candidate in more than one constituency at the same election commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a maximum term of imprisonment for two years.
Comprehend whether he faulted the rule or not.

The question from that portion of constitution am asking is did he stand election as a senator and a VP
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by SeunDAssLicker: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2023
Nasige:

See how intelligent you are, every party has their various constitutions and guidelines only a party member has the right to challenge any irregularities. PDP or LP can't determine what happens in APC provided APC meet the constitution requirements of INEC........I know you will still not agree or understand but it is the simple truth.

Double candidature is not a party’s internal matter but a Nigerian Law. The reason it was thrown out is because it hasn’t done anything against the constitution at the time.

Some politicians in 2019 lost their seats because of this.

Now that elections have taken place, they can challenge the nomination.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by sukkot: 10:09am On Mar 25, 2023
DeTruthh:

You no read well. What of the 21 states in question? Abi you no see that one as you dey read?
he said there was over voting in 21 states ? they have access to the collated results and can see thats rubbish. TOSSED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by hohafrank(m): 10:12am On Mar 25, 2023
barbstee:
Ok

Keep consoling yourself until we finally nail the coffin.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Sheggy13(m): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2023
OfficialAPCNig:

You are an illiterate.

PDP don't have power to challenge APC primaries only individuals that participated can file that case. But PDP has the locus standi to file the case at the tribunal because they participated in the election. You can only challenge an election you participated in.
Trademark of Obidient unevolved fools like you is insults. I'm not surprised.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by BigBashiru: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2023
seunmsg:
This is one of the grounds of Peter Obi’s watery petition. Every other issue will be quashed as well. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s four year presidency is a done deal.

May you be kidnapped when you travel by road during the Tinubu presidency.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Ukiadepoju(m): 10:14am On Mar 25, 2023
It is so sad that many youth and elderly in this forum do not take time to read, this judgement was not on drugs petition, the judgement was on the fact that kashim shetima has already bought sentoria form for Borno to contest and Tinubu still picked him as his running mate, so PDP as the court to disqualify them but the court said is not the duty of PDP to demand for their disqualification, it was argued that is APC internal affairs not issue of PDP. Pls always read down to the last line of write up and it will help your contribution.. from page 1-4 everybody is shouting nonsense

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Both Obi and Atiku get dropouts as lawyers.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Lannister360: 10:17am On Mar 25, 2023
barbstee:
Ok

He will rule only you and your fellow urchins. Nigerians did not vote for him, he is trying to force himself on Nigerians and it won't work.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by 2mch(m): 10:18am On Mar 25, 2023
SeunDAssLicker:

Double candidature is not a party’s internal matter but a Nigerian Law. The reason it was thrown out is because it hasn’t done anything against the constitution at the time.

Some politicians in 2019 lost their seats because of this.

Now that elections have taken place, they can challenge the nomination.
Shettima’s name was not on the list for candidates for Senate, during the election and he did not receive any votes for his constituency. So after being picked as Tinubu’s deputy, he must have stepped down. Case closed. He also has a right to put up nomination prior to knowledge about Tinubu’s interest in him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Goodnigga: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Misterone:
see this one! That is the first thing the court will adjudicate on before going into the case proper. Once the court lacks jurisdiction to entertain the case, no matter your evidence, it is thrown out. The court has said this is an internal issue within the party and a case on this cannot be instituted by anyone except members of APC who feel aggrieved by it. Therefore, Obi is just an interloper.
Also, in the Osun guber case, the court said the issue of forgery by Adeleke has been settled severally and therefore threw out the case. The same thing with the Tinubu cases. It has been settled severally and will therefore be thrown out of court.
Why compare Adeleke case and Obi case? did you read the 3 responses from the Adeleke-Oyetola judges properly? One major case of Obi is prayer point #5 of Inec not complying with their own electoral laws with back up evidences making a 100 page litigation. Will the court overlook a drug case too with evidence and reinterpret the 25% FCT? Please try not to reason with the anus.
Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by vannessa7(f): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2023
I strongly suspect that the problem with igbo is they are used to only succeeding through crimes and dubious means such that even when in developed country they still commit crimes. There is a spiritual curse that follows anyone who commits crime unrepentantly or commit evil of any kind, the curse says such people and their generations will only succeed in life by commiting crimes or doing evil, they will be cut off from the original success and glory of God unless a particular member of that family seek God in an exceptional way and gets delivered.
The curse will make them to resist anything that might give them legitimate success or glory with all their being and turn away from the right way at all times,
that is why they prefer this man👇👇👇

To this man 👇👇👇👇

https://www.nairaland.com/7176682/tinubus-achievements-lagos-governor

But God will not allow they to succeed in dragging the rest of us down with them insha Allah in Jesus name.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Quashes PDP Case Against Tinubu/shettima Over Double Nomination by Notasyouthink: 10:20am On Mar 25, 2023
weyreypey:
Delivering the lead judgment, Justice Abundaga, who agreed with the submissions of lawyers to the respondents, including Thomas Ojo of Lateef Fagbemi and Co, described the PDP as a busy body, who dabbled into issues that were internal affairs of the APC.

Now you people will understand that who God has blessed no man can curse. Obi should immediately withdraw his petition and beg for trying to dabaru Nigeria.
Your wish is quiet different from reality deal with it grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Protesting Youths Boo, Stone Ortom As Military Battle Protests In Benue / Ogun State - Nigeria's Emerging Industrial Capital / Ben Murray-Bruce: Anambra Doesn't Owe Salaries Despite Not Being An Oil State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.