Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? (32018 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Patoranking, Which Will Make You Realize You Can Make It / Ludacris Dances To Zlatan And Burna Boy's "Killin Dem" Song / Blac Chyna: 'Nigerian Jollof Is So Bomb' - She Declares As She Lands In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Brutee: 9:46am On Mar 25, 2023
Ge0grapher:

Baba, are you okay up there?? Why do you Ghanaians love unnecessary arguments with Nigerians?? My colleagues have already explained to you, yet you still carrying this on. There was no Nigerian empire! The, Oyo, Benin empire, igbo kingdoms, sokoto, borno caliphates etc existed as individual entities. These fractions is what make up modern day Nigeria. I don't educate people for free. Bye.

There's nothing to explain. Jokes on you if you equate those empires, caliphates and kingdoms as Nigeria. It's more like still calling wales, England when they're two different countries that were together before.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Stanweezy(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2023
All this foreign artist and drugs shocked
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by TonySpike: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

Nobody is disputing that fact based on tribes but Nigeria as a whole was not there before 1914. Ghana have always been there from time

The Ghana empire used to be further north of the current Ghananian state. Geographically speaking, the current Ghana is far from where the ancient empire used to be.

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Middleborn: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

Lol, don't be ridiculous, how can Nigerian culture be older than Ghana when historically Ghana is as old as Egypt, Nigeria came into being in 1914. Ghana was already an empire way back the 10th century

NB - To those displaying their ignorance under my mention saying Ghana was formed in 1957 bla bla bla. They had the name Ghana before the White man gave them the name "Gold coast" which doesn't have any meaning in Africa language. When the white man left they had to go back to their ancient and ancestral name.

I think you're wrong.

The question here is culture and people, not country as constructed by colonialism. In this context, the people(at least most of them) found in Nigeria are older than the people found in Ghana. The ijaws for example came from the east and started occupying the lands along the river channels the coasts of West Africa as far back as 500BC. They undoubtedly are the first occupants of West Africa.

History says the Ghanaian people migrated from the Yoruba and Benin empire in Nigeria. So just because Nigeria was created in 1914 doesn't mean the people of Ghana are older than the people in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 9:49am On Mar 25, 2023
Ynix:

Senegal Wollof tribe started jollof (Wollof) rice preparation using palm oil
Whai started using vegetable oil?
Cos I can't imagine how palm oil will taste
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by ponishah: 9:49am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

Lol, don't be ridiculous, how can Nigerian culture be older than Ghana when historically Ghana is as old as Egypt, Nigeria came into being in 1914. Ghana was already an empire way back the 10th century

NB - To those displaying their ignorance under my mention saying Ghana was formed in 1957 bla bla bla. They had the name Ghana before the White man gave them the name "Gold coast" which doesn't have any meaning in Africa language. When the white man left they had to go back to their ancient and ancestral name. Nigerian government must as a matter of urgency reintroduce history into the curriculum. The ignorance about history for many people reeks. It's no longer funny

So Oyo empire, Bornu empire, Bini empire etc are all in Ghana abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 9:50am On Mar 25, 2023
Ykc2:
amala is only popular to yorubas very very popular to yorubas,my 17 years in lagos I can't stand it
I v tried it severally. It's a good food from them.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by truthCoder: 9:59am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

I don't understand why you don't get it. They came to Yoruba land and not Nigeria, because if you asked them they'll say they came to Benin empire. Ghana have been existing and have their name as far as 10th century. Get this simple fact into your head

I say it to you that you don’t know the history of Ghana nor Benin.

I mentioned Benin because every authority on African history knows that there is no Benin empire without the Yoruba empire. Both have a common history.

The old Ghana empire was located in southeastern Mauritania, western Mali, and eastern Senegal and not in the present Ghana’s location.

You are simply attempting to twist history by claiming that Gold Coast (which was renamed to Ghana) is the original Ghana. The current Ghana is a fake one.

4 Likes

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by bamgboseisraeli: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2023
senegal jollof rice is one of the best in the world followed by nigerian jollof rice

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 10:01am On Mar 25, 2023
sslcrypt:

That's total false, Ghana is a older it was historical known as gold coast because from the 1800s.
Go and find chair. All archaeological evidence of Ghana so far is not more than 700AD when it was first called Kumbi Saleh.
It's not as old as Igbo-Ukwu, Ife or Nok Culture.
I don't like debating history cos of different oral accounts but archaeology no dey lie. They v proven many facts.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 10:03am On Mar 25, 2023
rapheal5:
U're wrong, brown amala is grounded yam, yam peel is black amala and is not recognized in the core yoruba land...
What are you saying?
Where isAmala not recognized in Yorubaland both white and brown?
Brown is from peeled grinded yam. White is from peeled grinded cassava
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

NB - To those displaying their ignorance under my mention saying Ghana was formed in 1957 bla bla bla. They had the name Ghana before the White man gave them the name "Gold coast" which doesn't have any meaning in Africa language. When the white man left they had to go back to their ancient and ancestral name. Nigerian government must as a matter of urgency reintroduce history into the curriculum. The ignorance about history for many people reeks. It's no longer funny
Don't we have Nigerian culture that's as old as Egypt?
See Ife and Nok Art origins

3 Likes

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by verifiablefacts: 10:08am On Mar 25, 2023
Rassco:
Forget, Ghana jollof is the best! I've tasted both worlds and also married to a Ghanaian.

Try marry Nigerian now to test both.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Deepfeel(m): 10:11am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

You made no sense here, Nigeria is not an ethnic group or a kingdom but just a name representing a modern day country , if you want to compare kingdoms and empires then compare it to kingdom of Benin Oyo empire bornu empire etc

3 Likes

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Bigchristo: 10:14am On Mar 25, 2023
StagethemTVee:
American rapper and actor Ludacris asks Patoranking which Jollof rice is best out of Nugeria, Ghana and Senegal Jollof rice.

Ludacris who is famous for several hits including move as well as the Fast and Furious Franchise is presently vacationing in Ghana where he posed the question to Patoranking

Ludacris asks Patoranking which Jollof rice is best out of Nigeria, Ghana and Senegal Jollof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygEcT4N36e4
Ludacris that’s a living legend right there, Pato should let him know Nigeria Jollof rice is bae 😂😂
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Sleekfingers: 10:16am On Mar 25, 2023
Depends on who prepares it. I have tastes Ghana jollof rice , it is not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Sleekfingers: 10:19am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

You're the olodo here who thinks Nigeria have been existing before Ghana. I'm not talking about the different tribes but two different countries. When it comes to tribes ofcourse no tribe existed before the other but we're talking about countries here and Ghana have been there from time immemorial, Nigeria existed only in 1914

Is like na dust dey for your head.....
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by sukkot: 10:27am On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

It may surprise you to know that jollof, as delicious as it is, is quite easy to make o.
Then again, easy is subjective.

Truth be told, it shouldn't be hard to get a good tasting jollof in Nigerian eateries.

@the bolded, no, you did not! 😲😀
yeah to be honest with you it's not even the ability to cook a great pot of jollof as much as it is the mental state of people these days. Who haS the time and patience to be cooking and burning jollof ? People don't have the time and patience anymore when they can be on the internet enjoying life lol. No time for slaving over the hot stove. It's a new generation. Also the whole place has become overtly capitalistic so you don't have the time and patience to make the jollof right. So I totally understand. Toss it all together and quickly cook it and sell it to the hungry masses and cash out quick quick. No time. I totally get it. Naija has become a fast paced environment . We have lost our way. We have lost the jollof wars cheesy grin
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by JaceBlaze: 10:29am On Mar 25, 2023
So this jollof war is a real thing? Lol shocked
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Thomasankara(m): 10:31am On Mar 25, 2023
[/color]Guy🤦let's get it clear,is it the present day Ghana u mean or the one recorded by the Arabian scholar? If u mean the present day,I want u to know the leaders of the present day Ghana adopted that name,because of the famous exploit recorded against the one written by the Arabian scholar. No part of the present day Ghana was in the territory of the one recorded by the Arabian scholar. Read and stop sourcing all your knowledge from Google. In addition,to ur source from Google, you can also check this write up out, since you so much believe in the veracity of Google answers: [The Ghana Empire, also known as Wagadou (Arabic: غانا) or Awkar, was a West African empire based in the modern-day southeast of Mauritania and western Mali that existed from c. 300 until c. 1100. The Empire was founded by the Soninke people, and was based in the city of Koumbi Saleh author=Brutee post=122046006][color=#770077]

History needs to be taught in schools. I'm ashamed of myself grin[/quote]
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Midastorch(m): 10:32am On Mar 25, 2023
naijaboy99:
All these faded American rappers who can't sell 5k copies first week now doing gumbody join Nigerian musicians. Music no be profession. The minute you start making money start investing in sustainability. Instead them go dey drink and show fake house and cars. Before eye clear 15years don pass. Ja rule and Bobby brown are completely broke azzzz

Ludacris is a musician and an actor, he is a cast of Fast and furious from 1to 9... Now the question is who are you, what do you do for a living to denigrate a legend like that Rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by mikeapollo: 10:33am On Mar 25, 2023
Dindondin:
Who made jollof rice popular?
Nigeria.
Who first made it, we don't know. But historically, Nigerian culture is older than that of Ghana and Senegal so it's possible Nigeria made it first. Though I stand to be corrected.
Later, I m seeing it here that Wollof tribe of Senegal started Jollof rice with palm oil n condiments. You should know how horrible jollof with palm oil will taste. So the trophy of who made it better and popular belongs to Nigeria.
Foods like eba, pounded yam & fufu were popular world wide cos if Nigerian influence in selling them in overseas.
Amala on its own is peculiar with Yorubas. Meaning Nigerians are the first to eat Amala cos it's origin is from Yorubaland. Amala is of two types, brown amala and white amala.
Brown from grinded yam peels and white from grinded cassava

Typical Nigerian mentality of trying to steal the credit for something that others did or crested or originated.
Nigeria did not make jollof popular! Arrogating things to yourself is a sign of greed and covetousness, and that is what makes people to steal all sorts of things, ideas without acknowledging the original owners and even go into more serious crimes like stealing and robbery!
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Ynix(m): 10:33am On Mar 25, 2023
Dindondin:

Whai started using vegetable oil?
Cos I can't imagine how palm oil will taste
Palm oil
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by SonofmanPikin: 10:34am On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

Nigeria is collection of ancient kingdoms - Benin Kingdom, Borno Kingdom, Zaria Kingdom, Nok Kingdom etc, Oyo kingdom etc

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by HellVictorinho7: 10:35am On Mar 25, 2023
Una dey enjoy sha
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by abobote: 10:35am On Mar 25, 2023
Rassco:

Why you take it personal on Ghanaian women?
I don friend them well well, they too like prick and money.
And they don't know the value of marriage
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Nobodysboo(m): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2023
Nigeria ofcourse
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Thomasankara(m): 10:36am On Mar 25, 2023
[/color] now check the map you posted up there, does the location coloured look like any part of Ghana,if you understand Geography so well[color=#770077]
truthCoder:

I mentioned Benin because every authority on African history knows that there is no Benin empire without the Yoruba empire. Both have a common history.

The old Ghana empire was located in southeastern Mauritania, western Mali, and eastern Senegal and not in the present Ghana’s location.

You are simply attempting to twist history by claiming that Gold Coast (which was renamed to Ghana) is the original Ghana. The current Ghana is a fake one.

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by remsonik(f): 10:39am On Mar 25, 2023
Well for me I still prefer Ghana jollof, never tasted Senegal jollof. Go and try Ghana jollof and fried fresh fish I really love their delicacies, donkunnu, wankye and lots more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Thomasankara(m): 10:42am On Mar 25, 2023
grin grin grin[/color]Violent mode activated, You don't need to call the present day Ghana fake because you want to school him, I suggest you withdraw that word, it's too weighty on the Ghanaian citizens[color=#770077]
truthCoder:

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by naijaboy99: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2023
Midastorch:

Ludacris is a musician and an actor, he is a cast of Fast and furious from 1to 9... Now the question is who are you, what do you do for a living to denigrate a legend like that Rubbish
shut up your mouth and stop bowing to capitalist construct. The man in the village is a trillion times better than Ludacris. No single person has made it in life. Capitalism is an illusion and pursuit of depression. What you can success is actually depression. The only rich person live in the communes
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by naijaboy99: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Young man,

You need to understand that musical career is only for a while. The songs he's released will keep earning him royalties for LIFE, which his daughter will inherit.

That's what is called passive income. Set it up and leave it to keep working for you. Even if he doesn't work, he wil keep earning for life.

Also, he has other ventures he's into that brings in money as well like acting.

An excerpt from: https://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/rappers/ludacris-net-worth/

Unlike the other rappers appearing on Forbes Hip-Hop Cash Kings list, Ludacris has made his millions from working in various artistic fields. In 2011, he earned big on movie roles including Fast Five, No Strings Attached and New Year’s Eve, as well as endorsements with Tag body spray and Trojan condoms. He also struck partnership deals to launch Soul By Ludacris headphones and a cognac called Conjure.

PS: Ludacris is worth $30 million.
Net worth is virtual money, it doesn't exist. His royalties can't even feed him since the most they earn is 20%. Their lifestyle is always higher than their income so trust me they are broke and living on credit. In capitalist free market economy even bill gates and dangote are struggling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rico Swavey And M.I. Abaga (Throwback Photo) / BBNaija: Ike's Fans Present N500k To Him As Gift (Video) / Elsie Okpocha Gossips Too Much - TunezMediaBlog (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.