Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? (32047 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Patoranking, Which Will Make You Realize You Can Make It / Ludacris Dances To Zlatan And Burna Boy's "Killin Dem" Song / Blac Chyna: 'Nigerian Jollof Is So Bomb' - She Declares As She Lands In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by sukkot: 8:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
MyAmericandream:

You forgot to add firewood. tongue
please forgive my oversight cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 8:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
rapheal5:

Ok let me explain, most people who can't afford (elubo gbodo) brown amala flour always go for the black amala...The process is done this way: After eating yam 🍠 they wash the peeled off skin in water then sun dry it for some days till it get crunchy after that they grind it that's black amala...
That's Amala dudu jo, it's the same as brown amala I mentioned. Lafun is white amala
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by rapheal5(m): 8:38pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dindondin:

That's Amala dudu jo, it's the same as brown amala I mentioned. Lafun is white amala
Noo..Brown amala is grinded yam while black amala is the pilled skin
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by lendahand(m): 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2023
Dindondin:
Who made jollof rice popular?
Nigeria.
Who first made it, we don't know. But historically, Nigerian culture is older than that of Ghana and Senegal so it's possible Nigeria made it first. Though I stand to be corrected.
Later, I m seeing it here that Wollof tribe of Senegal started Jollof rice with palm oil n condiments. You should know how horrible jollof with palm oil will taste. So the trophy of who made it better and popular belongs to Nigeria.
Foods like eba, pounded yam & fufu were popular world wide cos if Nigerian influence in selling them in overseas.
Amala on its own is peculiar with Yorubas. Meaning Nigerians are the first to eat Amala cos it's origin is from Yorubaland. Amala is of two types, brown amala and white amala.
Brown from grinded yam peels and white from grinded cassava
I ate amala for the second time straight today at Yakoyo
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by GreaterFuture(m): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2023
EmekaBlue:
what do u mean by that ghana rice grain? is it that they import from thailand or their soil is better to farm rice?
I don't know. I don't know anything about what is what...
But merely the ordinary or the most cheapest or common of normal Ghanaian rice, is finer, smells far better, and is sweeter than Nigerian Rice
So obviously that is already an Edge over having better Jollof rice...

And that aside, those people Jollof rice is far far better! E sweet die!
Even Mali Guinea Jollof rice, as somebody mentioned is on another level

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Godspikin: 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brutee:

Lol, don't be ridiculous, how can Nigerian culture be older than Ghana when historically Ghana is as old as Egypt, Nigeria came into being in 1914. Ghana was already an empire way back the 10th century

NB - To those displaying their ignorance under my mention saying Ghana was formed in 1957 bla bla bla. They had the name Ghana before the White man gave them the name "Gold coast" which doesn't have any meaning in Africa language. When the white man left they had to go back to their ancient and ancestral name. Nigerian government must as a matter of urgency reintroduce history into the curriculum. The ignorance about history for many people reeks. It's no longer funny

Average Nigerians know next to nothing about History.

I am a Nigerian.

However I disagree with you. The country Nigeria only came into being in 1914 but the Nations that were bungled together to form Nigeria are as Old as the other popular nations of Africa (Ethiopia, Egypt and the likes).

Great Empires that extend across the present Geographical contraption called Nigeria were bungled together by the British for ease of administration. Nations that should have existed on their own.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Godspikin: 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2023
Fighter2029:
What manner of question is that,does Ghana and Senegal know anything about Jollof rice,or they are just lucky enough to have Nigerians who prepare Jollof rice in their country?

Lolzzz

Jollof originated from Senegal
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by antibullshit: 12:17am On Mar 26, 2023
Dindondin:
Nigeria.
Who first made it, we don't know. But historically, Nigerian culture is older than that of Ghana and Senegal so it's possible Nigeria made it first. Though I stand to be corrected.
Later, I m seeing it here that Wollof tribe of Senegal started Jollof rice with palm oil n condiments. You should know how horrible jollof with palm oil will taste. So the trophy of who made it better and popular belongs to Nigeria.
Foods like eba, pounded yam & fufu were popular world wide cos if Nigerian influence in selling them in overseas.
Amala on its own is peculiar with Yorubas. Meaning Nigerians are the first to eat Amala cos it's origin is from Yorubaland. Amala is of two types, brown amala and white amala.

Please explain to me.....how is nigerian culture older than that of ghana and senegal? Some of you people just talk anyhow which is why they hate us in other countries !
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 12:38am On Mar 26, 2023
antibullshit:

Please explain to me.....how is nigerian culture older than that of ghana and senegal? Some of you people just talk anyhow which is why they hate us in other countries !
If they hate you, they don't hate me cos I respect people's opinion. My write up is my opinion. I included I stand to be corrected there. When you write history, write it against yourself.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 26, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Named by the LovePeddler Flora shore.
Which of our ancestors agreed to the name Niggar Area? shocked shocked shocked

I believe you don't know meaning of Niger. In your poor knowledge, it is the name of a river. Indomie kid. Anonymous forums allows kids to argue with their father's agemates.

it is your type of ignorance Thomas Sankara thought about that him change that colonial name.

Burkina Faso used to be called Upper Volta, after River Volta.
Kids who don't know history.

If you have enough MB, follow how my response started.

Age doesn't profer wisdom. If you are as old as you claim and still as stupid as you sound then truly you've wasted your existence. You keep moving goalposts from one end to another which tells me you're an old fool who isn't above arguing for the sake of it. Regardless of the provenance of the country's name, is any region actively disputing the name? Is that not the crux of the argument. But no, now it's about semantics with you. Shameless dakiki.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dancebreaker: 1:32am On Mar 26, 2023
Sehzade:

Age doesn't profer wisdom. If you are as old as you claim and still as stupid as you sound then truly you've wasted your existence. You keep moving goalposts from one end to another which tells me you're an old fool who isn't above arguing for the sake of it. Regardless of the provenance of the country's name, is any region actively disputing the name? Is that not the crux of the argument. But no, now it's about semantics with you. Shameless dakiki.
n
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 26, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Small boy, let me pity your parents. If not I would have dealt with you over this insult.
But they have sadly not raised you well, or you refused to be raised well. Otherwise, you won't throw insult at people you will lie on the floor to greet in real life.

You have sadly not travelled well, not well exposed and you believe that everything is cool with 9ja. You won't know any better though.

Nigeria evoked no patriotic feelings in nobody as Oodua, Arewa or Biafra does.

Novices want things to be said as A, B, C, D.

Wise people know that the tribalism, corruption, Boko Haram, MEND, IPOB, Sunday Igboho and others are all manifestations against what Nigeria stands for. Both in name and substance.

If you have been isolated from the crowd at international airports (including Wole Soyinka) and humiliated just for being 9ia, you will know that your 9ja favours only your oppressors. I was like you decades ago. NaĂŻve and believed all was fine. Good luck to you.

But my stern warning. Stop throwing insults at people who are not your mates or you go collect. This forum is not as anonymous as you think. I have warned you.
Truly, I have warned you.

Mods, Seun Osewa and others, I have just warned this individual. I won't be responsible for anything if he fails to heed good counsel.

LMAO You rant like a woman on her period. Who goes on an anonymous forum to brag about their feats in real life if not a miserable nobody? It's very obvious your frustration goes beyond any of the points I made here and you have some deep seethed hatred for your country. Whatever protests may be directed at the ideology or structure of the country it's never been specifically about the name which is what this whole discussion started from. Of course, you've moved the goalpost again.

Your whole gene pool hasn't accumulated the mileage that I have you mo.ron (slaves included). You're so sensitive you're making threats on an online forum because someone doesn't agree with you. Do your worst you shameless senile old man.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dancebreaker: 4:01am On Mar 26, 2023
Sehzade:

LMAO You rant like a woman on her period. Who goes on an anonymous forum to brag about their feats in real life if not a miserable nobody? It's very obvious your frustration goes beyond any of the points I made here and you have some deep seethed hatred for your country. Whatever protests may be directed at the ideology or structure of the country it's never been specifically about the name which is what this whole discussion started from. Of course, you've moved the goalpost again.

Your whole gene pool hasn't accumulated the mileage that I have you mo.ron (slaves included). You're so sensitive you're making threats on an online forum because someone doesn't agree with you. Do your worst you shameless senile old man.
Alright. Thank you.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Nobody: 5:11am On Mar 26, 2023
Dancebreaker:

Alright. Thank you.

Oh you needed my permission to be a tough guy? What a nonce cheesy
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Favor99(m): 6:07am On Mar 26, 2023
I thought Ghana settled this debate with their victory over us in the World Cup Qualifiers lol
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by sunboy(m): 7:07am On Mar 26, 2023
Dindondin:
Nigeria.

You ridiculously typed nonsense with confidence lol
First, there’s no such thing as “Nigeria” until the white man named it.

2nd, you still calling it jollof rice means the name doesn’t even belong to us but to the Wolof people .. that’s why it’s called their rice “Wolof rice” got corrupted into jollof rice lol

And lastly, yes we popularized it and we made a best twist of it. But every part of Africa has some kind of rice in tomato sauce like that. Somalis have theirs, Seirra leonians have theirs.. still fighting for what’s not necessary my gee.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 7:09am On Mar 26, 2023
sunboy:

You ridiculously typed nonsense with confidence lol
First, there’s no such thing as “Nigeria” until the white man named it.

2nd, you still calling it jollof rice means the name doesn’t even belong to us but to the Wolof people .. that’s why it’s called their rice “Wolof rice” got corrupted into jollof rice lol

And lastly, yes we popularized it and we made a best twist of it. But every part of Africa has some kind of rice in tomato sauce like that. Somalis have theirs, Seirra leonians have theirs.. still fighting for what’s not necessary my gee.
Your signature said no body holy pass meaning you are prone to errors. I boldly wrote I stand to be corrected in my post. You ignored the educative part and just lash out to actually type rubbish. Get out!
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by sunboy(m): 7:12am On Mar 26, 2023
Dindondin:

Your signature said no body holy pass meaning you are prone to errors. I boldly wrote I stand to be corrected in my post. You ignored the educative part and just lash out to actually type rubbish. Get out!

Lol, it is the educative part that you’re still defending that’s the problem. You’re still defending nonsense. You’re being corrected now like you asked but you can’t seem to handle it. Okay sir 😊

Lastly, nobody holy pass you into eyes and tell me say you pass 😁
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Dindondin(m): 7:16am On Mar 26, 2023
sunboy:

Lol, it is the educative part that you’re still defending that’s the problem. You’re still defending nonsense. You’re being corrected now like you asked but you can’t seem to handle it. Okay sir 😊
Is that how to correct?
Didn't you see where I mentioned Senegal origin?
The Nigeria history I referred to are Nok and Ife civilisation that's as old as Egypt era.
If Nigeria was named in 1914, shey people no dey there for thousands of years before?
I studied history and knew that the oldest culture among the three countries is from Nigeria and it's Nok culture presently found btw Plateau, Abuja and Nassarawa State. Maybe others are older but they are yet to be discovered.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by GreaterFuture(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2023
EmekaBlue:
what do u mean by that ghana rice grain? is it that they import from thailand or their soil is better to farm rice?
Like I said, I don't know where they import from, not the soil or whatever
I don't know about any of that, and have never bothered to Research
But it's far better than the best if rice I've seen here

1 Like

Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:52am On Mar 26, 2023
I neva taste Ghana or Senegal jollof rice before but I'm sure Nigeria jollof is better na
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Naijafornow: 12:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:
They're both mad

Your stupidity knows no bound. Nigeria was formed in 1914. So , they went to where to bring those people who founded it?

Colonial stupidity, Mungo Park discovered river niger thinking. So , when he got to river niger he didn’t meet people there? I know your problem, it’s too much of Wanke and that horrible Dokunu or whatever you called it
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by Revolva(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2023
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by bernard1000001(m): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2023
FiremanX:
Which career done finish? someone that just acted on FastX? do you know how much he will be paid? and someone that has made hit songs with billions of views? wait let me ask you, do you have a career self? u get mouth dey insult person and you are still living in poverty,,no be juju be that?

this this mad.man wey never fit feed himself 3 times a day is sayin im livin in poverty..do u think im jobless like you....mind u i work, i have family that i feed on my own and i own a house.....well on ludacris..hes been on the fast n furious series from the start and hes been a while he drop album like he doesn't get features on songs theses days..im not sayin hes not living fine....so mind the way u talk to people
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by FiremanX: 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
bernard1000001:

this this mad.man wey never fit feed himself 3 times a day is sayin im livin in poverty..do u think im jobless like you....mind u i work, i have family that i feed on my own and i own a house.....well on ludacris..hes been on the fast n furious series from the start and hes been a while he drop album like he doesn't get features on songs theses days..im not sayin hes not living fine....so mind the way u talk to people
God will purnish you, broke fool like you.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by bernard1000001(m): 6:40am On Apr 12, 2023
FiremanX:
God will purnish you, broke fool like you.

and God will punish your entire generation plus you...coz you re unfortunate fool....since you want to be unfortunate and useless in this life... so shall God make you...u will never grow to see your kids grow.....i say it again u shall remain useless and unfortunate for the rest of ur life since u dont want to respect ur elders....if they didn't teach u at home to respect people, i will teach you this murdafvckin assshole.....get the Bleep out of here n never you reply me again in ur miserable life
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by FiremanX: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2023
bernard1000001:

and God will punish your entire generation plus you...coz you re unfortunate fool....since you want to be unfortunate and useless in this life... so shall God make you...u will never grow to see your kids grow.....i say it again u shall remain useless and unfortunate for the rest of ur life since u dont want to respect ur elders....if they didn't teach u at home to respect people, i will teach you this murdafvckin assshole.....get the Bleep out of here n never you reply me again in ur miserable life
God will purnish you, Foolish idiotic slowpoke. I can feed ur entire miserable family you big fool, primitive orangutan.

don't channel ur frustrations on me, channel it on your father that made ur life miserable big fool like u. 😡
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by MentalCase98: 8:21am On Jul 14, 2023
naijaboy99:
All these faded American rappers who can't sell 5k copies first week now doing gumbody join Nigerian musicians. Music no be profession. The minute you start making money start investing in sustainability. Instead them go dey drink and show fake house and cars. Before eye clear 15years don pass. Ja rule and Bobby brown are completely broke azzzz

Who told you Ja rule is broke? The fact that someone is no longer in the limelight doesn’t mean they are broke. Ja rule still gets mad royalties from his album sales, still gets paid to perform at shows across the world plus he is also into tech business now.
Re: Ludacris Asks Patoranking Which Jollof Is Best Of Nigeria,Ghana Or Senegal? by MentalCase98: 11:01am On Jul 15, 2023
Dindondin:
Nigeria.

Senegal invented it and still make it best. Anyone who says otherwise has never tried it. Their “Wolof” is much more garnished than Nigeria or Ghana Jollof which is usually very bland and boring.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Juliet Ibrahim Blasts Nkechi Blessing Sunday For Calling Her An Idiot / Throwback Video Of Timaya Singing On The Street / Tope Alabi: "My Mother Checked If My Virginity Was Intact Till I Married"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.