Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula (56102 Views)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by emmaodet: 7:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
pansophist:
If I no marry a yoruba woman, wetin I gain? Yoruba to the world cool

Hmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by GeneralPula: 7:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
Menclothing:
No one does it better than this man in his categories
No other kings even get welcoming of fellow 1st class kings out side Nigeria talk less of presidents

But he has done it consistently
Brazil president & all Brazil parliaments welcomed him.
That’s one huge welcome cool

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by CXLVII: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
OriOko88:
grin
If Yoruba were to be a country,would have the best passport in Africa. We would have the best human resources of any African country.

Nigeria contraption has really dragged us 100 years behind. Sad

Unopposed!

It would be the greatest country in Africa

Tribes literacy, dynamics, exposure, versatility and unity, is next to none!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by updatechange(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
sonofElElyon:

@bolded

Woo

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Ellasure: 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
CXLVII:

Unopposed!

It is not time we Yoruba people seek out the formation of a Yoruba country.
The. Nigerian experiment is not going well.

Very many tribes and tounges with accompanying differences. The Nigerian landscape will prosper when three four five countries are created out of it. Economic development will blossom and competitive activities in the new countries will encourage business expansion.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Ellasure: 7:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
CXLVII:

Unopposed!

It is time we Yoruba people seek out the formation of a Yoruba country.

Very many tribes and tounges with accompanying differences. The Nigerian landscape will prosper when three four five countries are created out of it. Economic development will blossom and competitive activities in the new countries will encourage business expansion.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by CXLVII: 7:41pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ellasure:

It is not time we Yoruba people seek out the formation of a Yoruba country.

If done diplomatically, I will welcome.

But the crop of politicians we have won’t make it happen!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by geosegun(m): 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2023
viodemus:
most Brazilians are genetically falling to the igbos and calabar side of Nigeria.

But the twist was/is, SW especially Lagos, was the place that hundred of thousands of Brazilian blacks settled in the SW. Another twist is that the chances of a good percentage of igbos among those returnees is high.

igbos alone were almost 5 million slaves taken. We were the forefront of fighting against islamic expansion. The whole Angola was almost 2 million slaves taken. The yorubas were traditional like the igbos, calabar, and even Benin. But when islam was pressing up on the yorubas, and oyibo people had already started their conquest; one of the deals that oyibos did with arabs during their african conquest years was that they will not enslave the muslims to Europe or wherever they were.vBut the arabs were still enslaving Africans. So, the yorubas began doing tribal marks to make the slave traders differentiate between them and other tribes that were not converting, because they (yorubas) were still newly converting to islam, but were being traded if caught in the wrong places. So, they decided to find a way to differentiate from others.

One of the cases of two street gangs wey be like cult, underground but very valid, many people know about them in Brazil, Ade gang vs mgba mgba gang. Bloody drug and territorial war. They run cool down now like 3 or so years ago, now peace organizations are building skating boards, basket ball courts, etc for their neighborhoods. Before that, serious something. Steady back to back hits.

The Brazilians are now knowing that they are from many parts of Africa and many tribes, so this oni visit, is not deeply emotional like it would have been just 10 years ago. Before that, they only knew about yoruba tribe. Am not saying yorubas were not enslaved to Brazil, but not that much. DNA is proving it as I speak, in Nigerian side alone igbos dey beat yoruba 4 to 1 or more, remember there is still Congo as a whole, with over 8 million slaves taken. Am going with realistic numbers, many books point this out. - The Europeans like to lower their numbers, to minimize their past damages.

Igbos should be reaching out to Brazilians more, and other countries. Our people taken as slaves are everywhere, and our people like to explore for other means of progress, so even in africa, igbos are genetically spread. Many igbos have been sucked in to other tribes, especially outside Nigeria. We need to be more creative with our tribal retainment. In Nigeria, out of fear, many igbos hide their identity. In foreign places, there is the case of lack of cooperation.
Remember, igbos were the first African tribe, to say they are going back to africa, when the slaves in north Carolina noticed they were igbos, they spoke the same language, then decided to go back by any means; when they found out that there was no way, they decided to die than continue to be slaves, so they walked into the water coast and many drowned, over 100 . - this was in the 1600. So, the whites did not put two igbos in the same farm field or sleeping quarters. But the twist to this, is that a few yoruba slaves, I think New Jersey, were the 1st slaves in the 1800, to organize in their slave town, to rebel against their masters. It lead to a mini war for a couple of days. They were not the only tribe that participated, but there were the leading people that did this. It was after this that returnees was passed to go back to africa, which ended up being liberia.

The igbos in north Carolina, and Virginia, also revolted many times and ended up joining with other igbos to form the country of Haiti. Igbos are also the leading dna on the Nigerian side, in jamaica, Barbados, Guyana, Dominican republic, mexico,, brazil, etc.

The yorubas hosted many returnees, who in turn, assist other returnees, and also the British at this time, preferred to relate with the returnees more than the locals, remember those were the equivalent of house slave - not field slaves who were mostly the locals, due to language and culture understanding. The yorubas hosted many returnees, not really by choice, but because the British ran things then. During this returnees period, igbos have always fought the colonizers, which made igbos susceptible to slavery. Any igbo caught were enslaved or killed, because they were fighting. The British was the only people that the igbos ended up surrendering to in the early 1900s. That's how christianity started getting in more and more, then the biafran war- really expanded christianity amongst the igbos. THe red cross and all these churches that were feeding people. The igbos didn't utilize war mines then.

Anyway, I think the igbos gave up after so much losses due to technology, but also the breakdown of Africa. Before the oyibos, igbos were giving the arabs and their african foot soldiers, a new look in africa. Impenetrable. No converting. Even when the Europeans came, igbos were not locally colonized until 1902.

Many yorubas, especially the Christian ones, were mostly the Brazilians, Returnee afrobeat europe, and other west Africans. Many igbos also need to realize that some yorubas are us, that flipped to yoruba due to environment. I mean every tribe has small flips, but am talking a little over small.

*disclaimer: these are my opinions, the way I understand them are from various books and research materials I had sought to understand; in the midst of my personal and professional life. Igbos should do some awareness and future direction reflections.

Well you have said this is your personal opinion. If the Igbos were so many as you have posited. How come non of your culture and belief survived like those of the Yorubas till this day?

You should know and accept that the Yoruba culture and language is assimilative. That tells you about the special race called THE YORUBA.

More Yorubas were taken as slaves than most other tribes and are the most valued of all slaves that were taken offshore Africa. Far more expensive than other tribesmen. They are then sought after in the slave market. He get why.

Go and read the exploits of Fashina - the Ijesha man taken as slave to Brazil. Or the son (Ade) of former King of Oyo empire's Millitary prowess in Brazil and how he helped the then emperor to secure the empire against intruders in Brazil. He was well respected and given the same privilege of a prince in Brazil. The Yoruba's great success no be today. The race is special. Even the British confirmed it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Igbek76: 7:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
The yorubas are very calm, enlighten and very respectful responsible people.
Unlike the very proud, very arrogant and noisy good for nothing Igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by kareemkamil(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Brazil was founded by Oba Oyo Alaofin
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Tee2027: 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
cocolacec:
Our Brazilian brothers and sisters can replace nyanmirins when they relocate to the East in Yorubaland.
Yorubaland must be great.

Bro either the ingrate invaders accept it or not, either anyone accept it or not Yoruba is great and blessed.

They are educated and still take education as priority.

They live in harmony, there is no Osu Yoruba as it is in our region.

They have oil, Gold, coal, bitumen, ceramic, sea port, international airport etc their land blesses strangers.

In agriculture they are the only region who do not need fertiliser to grow anything, no erosion problem, they have abundant rain.

In entertainment they are at the top both in Nigeria and worldwide.

In cultural tenacity They Stand out till today follow by the Benni people which I also respect alot.

They preserved their history, their heritage and their culture till today.

SW have be producing one or two among the 5 richest man in Nigeria and Africa till date.

I will say it categorically if Nigeria breaks today SW will move faster than any region because their intellectuals don't make noise.

I can't list it all to be honest I respect the Yorubas and forever I will and be grateful to them for the love they showed my parent after the war when nowhere to turned to. I'm proud to be born in their land.

I know children if gate won't like all I said but u don't give a shit.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Tee2027: 7:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
cocolacec:
Our Brazilian brothers and sisters can replace nyanmirins when they relocate to the East in Yorubaland.
Yorubaland must be great.

Bro either the ingrate invaders accept it or not, either anyone accept it or not Yoruba is great and blessed.

They are educated and still take education as priority.

They live in harmony, there is no Osu Yoruba as it is in our region.

They have oil, Gold, coal, bitumen, ceramic, sea port, international airport etc their land blesses strangers.

In agriculture they are the only region who do not need fertiliser to grow anything, no erosion problem, they have abundant rain.

In entertainment they are at the top both in Nigeria and worldwide.

In cultural tenacity They Stand out till today follow by the Benni people which I also respect alot.

They preserved their history, their heritage and their culture till today.

SW have be producing one or two among the 5 richest man in Nigeria and Africa till date.

I will say it categorically if Nigeria breaks today SW will move faster than any region because their intellectuals don't make noise.

I can't list it all to be honest I respect the Yorubas and forever I will and be grateful to them for the love they showed my parent after the war when nowhere to turned to. I'm proud to be born in their land.

I know children of hate won't like all I said but u don't give a shit...............

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Theplotter: 8:04pm On Mar 25, 2023
viodemus:
most Brazilians are genetically falling to the igbos and calabar side of Nigeria.

But the twist was/is, SW especially Lagos, was the place that hundred of thousands of Brazilian blacks settled in the SW. Another twist is that the chances of a good percentage of igbos among those returnees is high.

igbos alone were almost 5 million slaves taken. We were the forefront of fighting against islamic expansion. The whole Angola was almost 2 million slaves taken. The yorubas were traditional like the igbos, calabar, and even Benin. But when islam was pressing up on the yorubas, and oyibo people had already started their conquest; one of the deals that oyibos did with arabs during their african conquest years was that they will not enslave the muslims to Europe or wherever they were.vBut the arabs were still enslaving Africans. So, the yorubas began doing tribal marks to make the slave traders differentiate between them and other tribes that were not converting, because they (yorubas) were still newly converting to islam, but were being traded if caught in the wrong places. So, they decided to find a way to differentiate from others.

One of the cases of two street gangs wey be like cult, underground but very valid, many people know about them in Brazil, Ade gang vs mgba mgba gang. Bloody drug and territorial war. They run cool down now like 3 or so years ago, now peace organizations are building skating boards, basket ball courts, etc for their neighborhoods. Before that, serious something. Steady back to back hits.

The Brazilians are now knowing that they are from many parts of Africa and many tribes, so this oni visit, is not deeply emotional like it would have been just 10 years ago. Before that, they only knew about yoruba tribe. Am not saying yorubas were not enslaved to Brazil, but not that much. DNA is proving it as I speak, in Nigerian side alone igbos dey beat yoruba 4 to 1 or more, remember there is still Congo as a whole, with over 8 million slaves taken. Am going with realistic numbers, many books point this out. - The Europeans like to lower their numbers, to minimize their past damages.

Igbos should be reaching out to Brazilians more, and other countries. Our people taken as slaves are everywhere, and our people like to explore for other means of progress, so even in africa, igbos are genetically spread. Many igbos have been sucked in to other tribes, especially outside Nigeria. We need to be more creative with our tribal retainment. In Nigeria, out of fear, many igbos hide their identity. In foreign places, there is the case of lack of cooperation.
Remember, igbos were the first African tribe, to say they are going back to africa, when the slaves in north Carolina noticed they were igbos, they spoke the same language, then decided to go back by any means; when they found out that there was no way, they decided to die than continue to be slaves, so they walked into the water coast and many drowned, over 100 . - this was in the 1600. So, the whites did not put two igbos in the same farm field or sleeping quarters. But the twist to this, is that a few yoruba slaves, I think New Jersey, were the 1st slaves in the 1800, to organize in their slave town, to rebel against their masters. It lead to a mini war for a couple of days. They were not the only tribe that participated, but there were the leading people that did this. It was after this that returnees was passed to go back to africa, which ended up being liberia.

The igbos in north Carolina, and Virginia, also revolted many times and ended up joining with other igbos to form the country of Haiti. Igbos are also the leading dna on the Nigerian side, in jamaica, Barbados, Guyana, Dominican republic, mexico,, brazil, etc.

The yorubas hosted many returnees, who in turn, assist other returnees, and also the British at this time, preferred to relate with the returnees more than the locals, remember those were the equivalent of house slave - not field slaves who were mostly the locals, due to language and culture understanding. The yorubas hosted many returnees, not really by choice, but because the British ran things then. During this returnees period, igbos have always fought the colonizers, which made igbos susceptible to slavery. Any igbo caught were enslaved or killed, because they were fighting. The British was the only people that the igbos ended up surrendering to in the early 1900s. That's how christianity started getting in more and more, then the biafran war- really expanded christianity amongst the igbos. THe red cross and all these churches that were feeding people. The igbos didn't utilize war mines then.

Anyway, I think the igbos gave up after so much losses due to technology, but also the breakdown of Africa. Before the oyibos, igbos were giving the arabs and their african foot soldiers, a new look in africa. Impenetrable. No converting. Even when the Europeans came, igbos were not locally colonized until 1902.

Many yorubas, especially the Christian ones, were mostly the Brazilians, Returnee afrobeat europe, and other west Africans. Many igbos also need to realize that some yorubas are us, that flipped to yoruba due to environment. I mean every tribe has small flips, but am talking a little over small.

*disclaimer: these are my opinions, the way I understand them are from various books and research materials I had sought to understand; in the midst of my personal and professional life. Igbos should do some awareness and future direction reflections.

Ko Ra re lo, elejo oshi..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by YorubaSlur: 8:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:
Let Obi of onitsha go and try this first... grin

Illiteracy is traditional to you waste people. Thousands of people from US, UK, Jamaica, Haiti, Brazil have been coming to Nri and other Igbo villages to take land and reintegrate with their Homeland and they didn't even need any King to travel abroad to make it happen.

Unlike you people that have a centralized system of politics which is why your thinking is rigid and limited/restricted, Igbos are decentralized people with no central king.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by vannessa7(f): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
kiako:
What's this bullshit of *A country and Afro" ties ?

Like they looking down on Africa ? Why not "brazil-nigeria" ties ?

Can Nigeria or South Africa ever get something like "South Africa - North America" ties ?

This is beliitling ...... Even brazil Kwa ? ? ?

Haba

Jealous much?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Sltp: 8:26pm On Mar 25, 2023
OriOko88:
grin
If Yoruba were to be a country,would have the best passport in Africa. We would have the best human resources of any African country.

Nigeria contraption has really dragged us 100 years behind. Sad
Yet you lots fight against Biafra. Are you guys OK at all?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by vannessa7(f): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
viodemus:

What is all these story? They actually speak Yoruba and practice Yoruba traditions in parts of Brazil and that's why ooni went there, stop doing attache as usual.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Sltp: 8:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
geosegun:

We you have said this is your oersonal opinion. If the Igbos were so many as you have posited. How come non of you culture and belief survive like those of the Yorubas till this day?

You should know and accept that the Yoruba culture and language as assimilative. That tells you about the special race called THE YORUBA.

More Yorubas were taken as slaves than most other tribes and are the most valued of all slaves that were taken offshore Africa. Far more expensive than other tribesmen. They are then sought after on the slave market. He get why.

Go and read the exploits of Fashina - the Ijesha man taken as slave to Brazil. Or the son (Ade) of former King of Oyo empire's Millitary prowess in Brazil and how he helped the then emperor to secure the empire against intruders in Brazil. He was well respected and given the same privilege of prince in Brazil. The Yoruba's great success no be today. The race is special. Even the British confirmed it.
This is not something to be proud of. Igbo slaves were more rebellious that's something to be proud of
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by Oxfordgrade: 8:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
seunmsg:
Some people will still be angry over this.
this one here

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by MrColdsweat: 8:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralPula:

What Awolowo did was one of the best thing any black man has ever done for his country - Free Education!

Instead of Nnamdi Azikwe to do the same for his people, no he didn’t. Instead, he came to tell the western leaders he wanted to become the western premier grin . Them lay bed, the mofo wan con sleep on it grin.. No be today Igbos don dey eye Yoruba land o. It started during their forefathers era..

These and many more are part of what made Sadauna warned the northerners about the Igbos. And till date, the Igbos are still proving everything Sadauna said to be true..

Why do you have millions of thugs on the streets despite the free education?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by GeneralPula: 8:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
MrColdsweat:

Why do you have millions of thugs on the streets despite the free education?
Your answer is here below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7608334/nigerians-share-experiences-agberos-onitsha/11#121746046

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by viodemus: 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
geosegun:

We you have said this is your oersonal opinion. If the Igbos were so many as you have posited. How come non of you culture and belief survive like those of the Yorubas till this day?

You should know and accept that the Yoruba culture and language as assimilative. That tells you about the special race called THE YORUBA.

More Yorubas were taken as slaves than most other tribes and are the most valued of all slaves that were taken offshore Africa. Far more expensive than other tribesmen. They are then sought after on the slave market. He get why.

Go and read the exploits of Fashina - the Ijesha man taken as slave to Brazil. Or the son (Ade) of former King of Oyo empire's Millitary prowess in Brazil and how he helped the then emperor to secure the empire against intruders in Brazil. He was well respected and given the same privilege of prince in Brazil. The Yoruba's great success no be today. The race is special. Even the British confirmed it.

lol. first off, yoruba is not a trace but a tribe in Africa.

Like I said, yorubas were traded but it was not as igbos. Not even close. And like I said, dna is proving it. or has proved it. Yorubas were traded in low numbers because many had just converted to islam. All these hausas and fulanis and others, had already been converted. Igbos were fighting islamics from arabia and their African counterparts. The arabs were already enslaving Africans that didn't convert and become their soldiers. Am sure yorubas and others were part of that slavery. That's where you see most black indians, Sri Lankan, nepal, and all over arabia, etc. They even reslaved some black muslims, but they mostly used them as front foot soldiers and battle helper boys.

Of course, there were many dignified yorubas that were slaves, but the uniqueness of yorubas to slavery, was the fact that outside of Sierra Leone and Liberia, they were the place that the returnees and even other africans resettled. Not really by the local people choice in most cases, but due to the occupation effects of the European colonizers.

Igbos just stopped fighting the European colonial war in 1902. Igbos were the most Nigerian slaves taken. Many also died from fighting. The technology was not fair, but it was a guerrilla war. Igbos used to hang in trees or disguise in forest, and sometimes could tell an oyibo was close by from their scent. From Delta to Rivers was war against oyibos or arabs, or their helpers.

After the early 1900s, igbos started tolerating Christianity, especially because it started coming in the guise of cooperation, healthcare, etc.. Remember when mary sclessor, was in efik (calabar people), the calabar people started accepting christianity,
so slowly igbos began doing the same. Even though they was still hostility against the Christians. By the way, igbos and calabar share a lot of history for and against each other. Anyways, christianity was sealed amongst igbos from delta to Rivers., during the biafran war.

Am not degrading the yorubas, but there was more returnees in the million range that settled in yoruba dominated areas, most especially Lagos and its environs, because the British and the portugese before them, made Lagos their base. Due to environment and location, many flipped to be yorubas. And am saying including the igbos among the slaves and the igbos those days. Maybe slave escape. You can say the same for igbos too, but igbos have been fighting wars until the early 1900, and then again biafran war.

Take it how you see it. But read vastly
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by OMOGBEHIN36(m): 8:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
haybhi1:
I'm extremely proud to be a Yoruba man, and be born and raised therein, especially through healthy and pious Islamic idiosyncrasies.

Great an ethnic group, tremendous in knowledge, cordial in relationships, yet humble in deeds. Almighty Yoruba. Eledumare a gbe wa. Oke oke la ma ma re.

May God bless Nigeria, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, and every minority tribes.

Asee.

☺☺🥰
Ase Edumare
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by viodemus: 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
vannessa7:

What is all these story? They actually speak Yoruba and practice Yoruba traditions in parts of Brazil and that's why ooni went there, stop doing attache as usual.

mumu. I know say you fit be tribalist islamics. Close northern slave minded.

I'm explaining the dynamics of things. It is yorubas trying to go to brazil to form they are the dominant tribe there, which is not true.

I am not hating, I thank God for their more respectable and reliable technology, their tribal composition does not favor yorubas. It favors more igbos by a long mile. Of course, they have other Africans.

The yoruba side was painted to Brazilians as a safe haven in the 1800s, the black ship captains use to confirm it for the blacks of brazil, by the way, (there was a reason why Portuguese named it Lagos, after a state in Portugal. ). Anyways, from my understanding, (mind you Brazil is one of my adopted places). So, due to the awareness of this yoruba place in Lagos, that they can go back to, and settle in, many of the blacks began learning the culture. The dominant authority was the colonizers but if you wanted to mix with the local africans who were servants and slaves of the colonists, you had to know some cultures. Eventually, many Brazilians started dreaming about freedom, many couldn't make it, and those who could make it, tried to fit in. Most of the returnees were not the real slaves, it was mostly their children who just knew about africa after the ship captains were telling them of this better place to go in africa. Even after the british took over Lagos in 1861, Brazilians were still coming to Lagos. So it is more returnee than slaves taken from the yoruba side. They just knew the badagary port as an exit port, so it made sense to go back there.

The igbos were still fighting against raids. But when raised, they were taken to badagary and sold. Am sure very sick slaves were left to wander or killed, and am sure many wanderers that became healthy, probably flipped to the yorubas to survive.

The Brazilians are more appreciative to the yorubas for taking their people, but they forget that the yorubas didn't have that much choice at the time.

There is nothing sinister on my part, If I want to be critical, I will criticize the oni for trying to take advantage of Africans trying to know their roots, by claiming to be supreme fake king.

E get as e go be me in the future, maybe nearest future, we go begin expose am on paid internet and tv, for brazil, for impersonation and 419 nery.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by DisLifeSha: 9:16pm On Mar 25, 2023
No tribe is minority. Tribe na tribe

haybhi1:
I'm extremely proud to be a Yoruba man, and be born and raised therein, especially through healthy and pious Islamic idiosyncrasies.

Great an ethnic group, tremendous in knowledge, cordial in relationships, yet humble in deeds. Almighty Yoruba. Eledumare a gbe wa. Oke oke la ma ma re.

May God bless Nigeria, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, and every minority tribes.

Asee.

☺☺🥰
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by deeva2: 9:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
chudez0147:
I love Yoruba. My wife is from Okiti pukpa in Ondo state

My inlaw, Its Okitipupa.

Hope she dey prepare better pupuru for you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by eroticecstasy: 9:21pm On Mar 25, 2023
Phoen1X:
What are they doing in other people's land ?

It's called international relations, unlike the other tribe known as international refugees or Internationally Displaced Tribe that their son Emeka will swallow cocaine wrapped with condom with okro soup, only to poop on flight.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by plankyjacky(m): 9:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yoruba is special

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by vannessa7(f): 9:31pm On Mar 25, 2023
viodemus:

mumu. I know say you fit be tribalist islamics. Close northern slave minded.

I'm explaining the dynamics of things. It is yorubas trying to go to brazil to form they are the dominant tribe there, which is not true.

I am not hating, I thank God for their more respectable and reliable technology, their tribal composition does not favor yorubas. It favors more igbos by a long mile. Of course, they have other Africans.

The yoruba side was painted to Brazilians as a safe haven in the 1800s, the black ship captains use to confirm it for the blacks of brazil, by the way, (there was a reason why Portuguese named it Lagos, after a state in Portugal. ). Anyways, from my understanding, (mind you Brazil is one of my adopted places). So, due to the awareness of this yoruba place in Lagos, that they can go back to, and settle in, many of the blacks began learning the culture. The dominant authority was the colonizers but if you wanted to mix with the local africans who were servants and slaves of the colonists, you had to know some cultures. Eventually, many Brazilians started dreaming about freedom, many couldn't make it, and those who could make it, tried to fit in. Most of the returnees were not the real slaves, it was mostly their children who just knew about africa after the ship captains were telling them of this better place to go in africa. Even after the british took over Lagos in 1861, Brazilians were still coming to Lagos. So it is more returnee than slaves taken from the yoruba side. They just knew the badagary port as an exit port, so it made sense to go back there.

The igbos were still fighting against raids. But when raised, they were taken to badagary and sold. Am sure very sick slaves were left to wander or killed, and am sure many wanderers that became healthy, probably flipped to the yorubas to survive.

The Brazilians are more appreciative to the yorubas for taking their people, but they forget that the yorubas didn't have that much choice at the time.

There is nothing sinister on my part, If I want to be critical, I will criticize the oni for trying to take advantage of Africans trying to know their roots, by claiming to be supreme fake king.

E get as e go be me in the future, maybe nearest future, we go begin expose am on paid internet and tv, for brazil, for impersonation and 419 nery.

Didn't have time to read your irrelevant epistle,

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula by viodemus: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
vannessa7:

Didn't have time to read your irrelevant epistle,

who cares.....

no be profound dunce u be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

German Woman Dressed Like A Nigerian - Photos / "I Was Never Single, I Had A Spiritual Wife Before Marrying Naomi" - Ooni Ogunwu / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.