Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,952 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi (76656 Views)

A Big Monitor Lizard Killed In My Neighborhood / Huge Snake And Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers In Maiduguri (Photo) / "Woman Gives Birth To A Lizard In Omoku Market" - Facebook User Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by gaspology(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
gaby:
They look good together.

If only humans2humans can be this chill in harmony with one another, perhaps, just perhaps, the world coulda have been better than it is today.

I'm only judging from this picture before me. Whatever is going to happen after here, "I no know".

Poor Lizzy.
Poor Lizzy grin grin grin
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by jessylaurel(f): 9:38pm On Mar 25, 2023
ManirBK:
This man selling Herbal Medicine, carrying a Big Alive Lizard on his shoulder in Birnin Kebbi old town. He didn't allow me to snap His picture but I quickly snap His picture when he turns back.

So what should we do with the pictures now?
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by Sijo01(f): 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2023
Someone refused you snapping him pictures yet you went ahead and snapped him when he turned his back at you and posted it online for the world to see.

This is how some of you brings misfortune to yourselves. Tueh 😡
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by Sofistcatdmoron: 9:40pm On Mar 25, 2023
habsydiamond:
I don't think that guy is alright so.. with the level of bacteria wey dey that thing body and for one man to be playing with it like that means something.
Na u put bacteria for the body abi
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by ManirBK: 9:41pm On Mar 25, 2023
egunna:
he didn't allow u take his picture,yet u went ahead to do so without his consent.if he attacks u or breaks ur phone now,u will start shouting violence.learn to respect ppls decision.
yes bro the first time I saw him I requested for a snap picture He didn't even say a word to me he change direction and move faster. I don't have chance to snap him. Nearly a week again, very close to my house i saw him coming toward me, I quickly get my phone ready for him, the moment He notice what I'm trying to do He change direction again but i continue following him till I snap him. But I promise you if I see him again I will get the picture face to face and I will update the house

1 Like

Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by Goalnaldo(m): 9:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
Mummyfour:
Such people selling those herbal drugs that I have seen especially here in Abuja actually have those monitor lizards slung on their shoulders.
I really don't understand the correlation

And I definitely will never be one to stop and ask them why because those creatures freak me out.

I wish I could ask God why He created snakes and monitor lizards and infact all reptiles
the first time i saw this reptile, we were writing waec exam in a place in onitsha not very far from the river niger. The hall had no cealing. The reptile climbed the roof and was directly above my head! Omo, we that arent natives scampered for safety. The locals were just laughing at us cause its a common site for them. 2011

2 Likes

Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by ManirBK: 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2023
jessylaurel:

So what should we do with the pictures now?
just comment as you wish
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by almarthins(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
illicit:
Why can't he just let d poor animal go

I mean go to heaven in a hot pot of soup tongue

Na jazz Una dey see so o.
A man selling herbal medicine is carrying monitor lizard. The equation don balance, no be hidden jazz.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by ManirBK: 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
CHRISSANCHEZ:
@ Op that pet fine pass your English.....I swear.. grin grin grin
correct me na I no ves I'm still learning
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by habsydiamond(m): 9:50pm On Mar 25, 2023
lexy2014:

What is d level of bacteria on the lizards body?
do your research now.. Google it or something
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by habsydiamond(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

That he's a human lizard, or what are you implying?
monitor lizards are infested with bacteria. They can bite but their poison is not powerful enough to harm humans.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by popefuse(m): 9:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
Is this not the Hausa guy carrying same monitor lizard at berger last week?
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by LOVEGINO(m): 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2023
illicit:
Why can't he just let d poor animal go

I mean go to heaven in a hot pot of soup tongue
no ooooo. It's suffering in peace like Nigerians
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by fitjenzy: 10:12pm On Mar 25, 2023
gaby:
They look good together.

If only humans2humans can be this chill in harmony with one another, perhaps, just perhaps, the world coulda have been better than it is today.

I'm only judging from this picture before me. Whatever is going to happen after here, "I no know".

Poor Lizzy.

They can be kept as pets. I freak out keeping one though.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by jubrilELsudan: 10:27pm On Mar 25, 2023
E DEY OBVIOUS SEY DEM TWO DEY FVCK THEMSELVES

Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by BRATISLAVA: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2023
habsydiamond:
monitor lizards are infested with bacteria. They can bite but their poison is not powerful enough to harm humans.

What are you implying about the man?
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by BRATISLAVA: 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2023
ManirBK:
yes bro the first time I saw him I requested for a snap picture He didn't even say a word to me he change direction and move faster. I don't have chance to snap him. Nearly a week again, very close to my house i saw him coming toward me, I quickly get my phone ready for him, the moment He notice what I'm trying to do He change direction again but i continue following him till I snap him. But I promise you if I see him again I will get the picture face to face and I will update the house

What would you do if he suddenly brandishes a knife at you while you're harassing him for a picture?

Seems like you're provoking him.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by millionboi2: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ganjafama:
This is public display of madness and poverty. You won't find a normal and averagely financially okay man going about with something like that.
the man fit get money pass you,becoz no b oyibo bah
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by ayotade09(m): 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
This thing resemble comondo dragon
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by simplesearch: 11:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
He's fully commissioned albeit ignorantly to run the devil's errand. Some are commissioned to go with invisible Lion, all in the name of seeking and acquiring power!
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by meobizy(f): 11:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
VIKTO83:

What do u mean?
Do u mean the lizard could be his missing brother or what?
Na mistaken identity.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by lexy2014: 12:07am On Mar 26, 2023
habsydiamond:
do your research now.. Google it or something

Am doing my research by asking you.

If the answer is on Google, then you shouldn't have any problems answering the question.

What is d level of bacteria on the lizards body?
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by buhariPLEASEdie: 12:36am On Mar 26, 2023
GreaterFuture:

Where? Which side?

Agege/oko oba......
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by cooooooks(m): 2:48am On Mar 26, 2023
May be possible, by your theory, that the bacteria has built the guy's immune system.
habsydiamond:
I don't think that guy is alright so.. with the level of bacteria wey dey that thing body and for one man to be playing with it like that means something.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by habsydiamond(m): 4:55am On Mar 26, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

What are you implying about the man?
he looks more like someone that isn't healthy
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by xtiedre: 4:57am On Mar 26, 2023
They are both partners in crime, they share the spoils of selling whatever "medicine" they are selling. Not too different from the folks that drag a harp less hyena around whilst selling their drugs too. The animal is meant to attract and hold your attention, the "ècko" there is that if he can tame the animal surely he can cure you of that crawling sensation you have all over your body
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by Middleborn: 7:00am On Mar 26, 2023
I saw this three days ago in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State and I was in utter shock...I guess it's now becoming a common sight.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by cardoctor(m): 7:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Somebody will be shouting see bush meat.
Re: See The Man I Saw Carrying Monitor Lizard In Birnin Kebbi by Winnin009: 7:23am On Mar 26, 2023
Mummyfour:
Such people selling those herbal drugs that I have seen especially here in Abuja actually have those monitor lizards slung on their shoulders.
I really don't understand the correlation

And I definitely will never be one to stop and ask them why because those creatures freak me out.

I wish I could ask God why He created snakes and monitor lizards and infact all reptiles

It’s a marketing ploy. The monitor lizard is known to be a really venomous animal. It’s saliva aside being venomous hosts several dangerous bacteria.

So, if a traditional medicine man carrying such about tells you that he can cure this and that, you’ll be inclined to believe because you know the history of the animal he’s carrying as a pet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander's - Nigerian Tag :) / See What Was Seen At Abeokuta Ogun State Today (photos) / Oyibo Caught Easing Himself On A Bridge In Lagos (in Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.