Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,295 members, 7,839,456 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Over Stay Us Visa Due To Covid19 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over Stay Us Visa Due To Covid19 (415 Views)

Nigerian Lady Reportedly Denied Australian Visa Due To Homophobic Post / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative / Fear Grip Nigerians In Usa As President Trump Crack Down On Visa Over Stay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Over Stay Us Visa Due To Covid19 by lawongdd: 10:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
Hello house,
Long and short is that I got a visitor’s visa B1/B2 in 2018. Traveled to the US in 2019 but could not return to Nigeria because of COVID-19. I tried to extend my stay in the US since it was a possibility which I did. But found a flight later to travel back to Nigeria. I didn’t hear back from the USCIS (immigration) until months afterward. They wrote that I abandoned my application because I departed, and my extension was denied. I spent the usual 6 months giving at the port of entry. However, I overstayed for about 50 days. This year I want to apply for B1/B2 through dropbox. Will this overstay affect me?
Thank you
Re: Over Stay Us Visa Due To Covid19 by ProfOkai: 10:35pm On Mar 25, 2023
Me I go , na there I go stay. Come back to where?
Tor, I think you give it a shot. It should work.
Re: Over Stay Us Visa Due To Covid19 by optimusprime2(m): 2:17am On Mar 26, 2023
lawongdd:
Hello house,
Long and short is that I got a visitor’s visa B1/B2 in 2018. Traveled to the US in 2019 but could not return to Nigeria because of COVID-19. I tried to extend my stay in the US since it was a possibility which I did. But found a flight later to travel back to Nigeria. I didn’t hear back from the USCIS (immigration) until months afterward. They wrote that I abandoned my application because I departed, and my extension was denied. I spent the usual 6 months giving at the port of entry. However, I overstayed for about 50 days. This year I want to apply for B1/B2 through dropbox. Will this overstay affect me?
Thank you

It will definitely affect you. You might still be invited for an interview even if you used drop box and during the interview try to explain what happened.

(1) (Reply)

Reciprocity: Nigeria To Review Visa On Arrival Policy / Niger Republic Reconfirms Ban On Flights From Nigeria To Their Country / Paris Olympic 2024 :- How Can I Be There Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.