Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? (28827 Views)

Boutique Or Supermarket Business Which Is More Profitable / Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? (2) (3) (4)

How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by PoloG: 1:24am On Mar 26, 2023
Greetings y'all..

Please i would like to know how lucrative is a supermarket business ...

How much would it cost to setup a standard one

And what is the ROI monthly/yearly ...

Location is ibadan cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by PoloG: 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Please i need more comments
Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by lafiagi007: 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Op why you no leave FTC to another person? Abi na you want help yourself?
Back to business, I believe it's very lucrative, not necessarily because there's large profit on the goods but for the fact that you have good turnover always, plus you'll get goods from companies and pay when you have.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by SIRKAY98(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Very Lucrative .There is even one that is thriving now, sales of skin care products, i know a man that started this business and he is a millionaire now.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Dialpad: 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
That business is saturated, you need proper management to be successful.

Unless you have a solid Unique selling point, it may just be like many of the others .... struggling.

Please do not be deceived by the number of people you see on the que, cost of running such a business is not EASY.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by vastolord4(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
It's good but you just have to use low interest rate per item to get more patronage, be in a good location. Make sure you have items that are kinda out of reach to your common customers. Also accept the complains and question the compliments sometimes..

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by IceColdVeins(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
I don’t think that business is lucrative!
The running cost is just too high.
Yeah daily huge revenue is assured, if your supermarket attracts a lots of people (that’s not even assured). But thinking about the 24/7 electricity costs, the tax, logistics, wages of workers (atleast three), purchase and maintenance of database server, internet subscriptions, clever shoplifters and shop rent etc, you need to be selling highly profitable products for you to get a high profit margin in a financial year. Sadly, people prefer to buy the highly profitable products in the local markets. How many people would head into a supermarket to purchase kitchen utensils and other home accessories?
Moreover, every government policy will drastically affect you either negatively or positively e.g money volume, fuel price hike, VAT etc.
Omo I’m tired of typing…

175 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by ifeanyija(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
They take loan too much

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Evergreen4(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Very lucrative but you have to be very security conscious because some people can steal very big items and hide under their cloths

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Bbgbs23: 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
Erosion deh Anambra. No forget.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by serverconnect(m): 6:07pm On Mar 26, 2023
Good business
Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Actuarydeji(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
It is very lucrative, I can make you set it up. I am a professional retailer. If you have any questions in respect to that you can contact me.

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by jojokelechi(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
Supermarket is a good biz but it has to be at a good Location especially those ones without big name.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by free2ryhme: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
PoloG:
Greetings y'all..

Location is ibadan cool

The plan or information you seek to set up a supermarket you can never get here.

Go to the location you intend to site the business and do your survey, known your competitions, purchasing power of your would be customers, population, etc

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Dclique(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
Location is everything. Find a hot spot.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Koppaguard: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
Location matters
Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
PoloG:
Greetings y'all..

Location is ibadan cool
Hmm
Standard supermarket like prince Ebano, Blenco, market Square, shoprite etc,
I can guide you from the beginning to the end.
My company is into offering of supermarket solutions from design to shelving to refrigerator and lot more.

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by maleekberry: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
It's no longer as lucrative as it used to be undecided
The economy is bad and the purchasing power of an average Nigerian is very low at the moment, infact they prefer to patronise other cheaper alternatives such as open market, mallams,kiosk etc

How many people presently will buy something that is sold for 200 for 300 in a supermarket in this present day naira?

Let me give you an example.

I use to buy lemon from all those aboki that sells fruits and vegetables for 50 per one here in the North. That same lemon is sold in the supermarket for 300 naira.

27 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Staphylococcus: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
PoloG:
Greetings y'all..

Location is ibadan cool

My take, it’s not worth it. Such business would give you hypertension.

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Basicend: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Why don't u save urself the huge costs of overhead, facility leasehold, utilities, excessive salaries etc. . By strategically buying many items and do e-commerce.

Get on major e-commerce platforms. . Build it own site and create traffic diversions Tru pop-ups and so on.

Get a good and secured warehouse with planned logistics. By the time u engage 4 good platforms and organically build ur own system. . You Will quietly become rich. .

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by datola: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
It is a good business for big turnover. It's better you are fully on ground to monitor at start

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by donestk(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Great topic. I'd follow every comment.

Re: How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? by Senkasa(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
PoloG:
Greetings y'all..

Location is ibadan cool

Take that money and japa,(even if it's Ghana or South Africa) if you don't want to regret by this time next year.

Be wise

What Should I Import To Nigeria / Investor & Exporter Window Crashes to All Time Low At N788.42/$1 / 7 Home Business Advice To Help You Get Started

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)