Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,896 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria (961 Views)

Boutique Or Supermarket Business Which Is More Profitable / How Lucrative Is A Supermarket Business? / Dangote's 2.6million Rice Mill In Kebbi State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by JeffSA: 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
My young brother has finally decided to listen to my advice of starting his own business after a year of fruitless search of white collar job.

But the problem is
A. How is supermarket business in today Nigeria. Lucrative?

B. Will 5 to 6million be enough to start because that much i can do for him for now.

C. Which cities are the best for this business in Nigeria.

Please guys i need advice on all this, he is miserable and jobless at the moment, I want him to be happy.

Cc Myd44
Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 2:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
JeffSA:
My young brother has finally decided to listen to my advice of starting his own business after a year of fruitless search of white collar job.

But the problem is
A. How is supermarket business in today Nigeria. Lucrative?

B. Will 5 to 6million be enough to start because that much i can do for him for now.

C. Which cities are the best for this business in Nigeria.

Please guys i need advice on all this, he is miserable and jobless at the moment, I want him to be happy.

Cc Myd44
I hope you know that the ease of doing business is tough in Nigeria. Before your brother start any business, he would have better serve under someone for like 6 months to know what to do and what not to do so the money does not disappear except he wants to employ someone having that experience

3 Likes

Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by JeffSA: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
You judge correctly, I will look into that, thanks.
Ynix:

I hope you know that the ease of doing business is tough in Nigeria. Before your brother start any business, he would have better serve under someone for like 6 months to know what to do and what not to do so the money does not disappear except he wants to employ someone having that experience
Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by Dropme: 2:54pm On Nov 22, 2021
Yes a mini supermarket, but will only make do with FMCG only with that amount. Or go for either household, electronics or fruits only. Trust me, u can't do everything I listed above together with that amount and that's if there's a location available already.

But this life no balance Sha, only if I had a brother who can also set me up with 10% of the mentioned amount. I'm looking for ordinary 20k this week to sort somethings.
It's well.

Op please make ur findings very well, and try to look into d advise I gave u, I'm talking from previous experience in d fmcg Market

1 Like

Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by Myzubby(m): 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
he needs to work with someone who has a supermarket to understand how it works .

And again location and security should be put into consideration. And remember he needs to put in on a good standard . The use of cctvs and pos terminals and many others.

And also opening just a provision shop with such amount will go a long way.
He should plan and then take action

1 Like

Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by JeffSA: 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dropme:
Yes a mini supermarket, but will only make do with FMCG only with that amount. Or go for either household, electronics or fruits only. Trust me, u can't do everything I listed above together with that amount and that's if there's a location available already.

But this life no balance Sha, only if I had a brother who can also set me up with 10% of the mentioned amount. I'm looking for ordinary 20k this week to sort somethings.
It's well.

Op please make ur findings very well, and try to look into d advise I gave u, I'm talking from previous experience in d fmcg Market
thanks bro
Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by JeffSA: 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
Thank you so much, I thought provision shop has little profit turn over.
Myzubby:
he needs to work with someone who has a supermarket to understand how it works .

And again location and security should be put into consideration. And remember he needs to put in on a good standard . The use of cctvs and pos terminals and many others.

And also opening just a provision shop with such amount will go a long way.
He should plan and then take action
Re: Help! Can 5 To 6million Start A Supermarket Business In Nigeria by JeffSA: 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
More suggestions please.

Mdy44 front page please.

(1) (Reply)

Hey NL's,How Do I Go About Receiving A Large Amount From The USA To Nigeria / Where Can I Purchase Christmas Cards In Bulk? / Do You Know About The Money Spining Online Forex Trading?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.