Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) (15317 Views)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / " Go To A Bible-Believing Church" ...What Does It Mean?? / Selling In Church – What Does The Bible Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Franking: 9:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Persephone1:
And you are sure it is Holy Spirit. Na every sin God dey forgive but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgivable. Please be careful ooo.

Let's settle this once and for all. Let me curse the holy spirit. Is that blasphemy enough or should I add that thunder should fire the holy spirit?! Now let's see what the holy spirit can do.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Vulcan24(m): 9:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Choice of partner is too trivial to the concern of Gods church, it's personal to the couple. What the church need do is to guide those who have chosen each other otherwise the church becomes responsible for sn entire family of couples issues and problems eventually.

That's not the objectives of the church, it is the winning of soul and fellowship. It's the over zealous of some church leaders that made them interfere in choosing a partner! Even pastor isn't sure he made the right choice in his own marriage, why choose for others when it's clearly the biblical definition that a man shall find!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Kemadealadire(f): 9:12am On Mar 26, 2023
Test all spirits.

1 Like

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Ihavethingstodo: 9:16am On Mar 26, 2023
Their is nothing like match making in church, the word says he who finds a wife not church who finds a wife, I pity people that allow their so called pastor choose a wife for them
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Olatara(f): 9:19am On Mar 26, 2023
Nobody can matchmake me, I get coconut head.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by VEXT: 9:32am On Mar 26, 2023
Kukutenla:
How come it's this kind of rubbish that usually makes fp about Christianity?
The mods need to stop ridiculing Christianity.
Where is that written in the bible that the Holy spirit will matchmake couples?
Besides, I'm pretty sure the op is lying yet it made fp.
Seun, stop disrespecting Christianity!!

I have observed this many times
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 26, 2023
Franking:

Let's settle this once and for all. Let me curse the holy spirit. Is that blasphemy enough or should I add that thunder should fire the holy spirit?! Now let's see what the holy spirit can do.
Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God.

I guess He is not thy God, nevertheless it will not be on my account anyone will go against God. Carry your wahala elsewhere.

My only response to you.

1 Like

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2023
Olatara:
Nobody can matchmake me, I get coconut head.
grin grin You are not alone. My own sister don finally give up 😂 🤣

1 Like

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Franking: 9:37am On Mar 26, 2023
Persephone1:
Thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God.

I guess He is not thy God, nevertheless it will not be on my account anyone will go against God. Carry your wahala elsewhere.

My only response to you.

I have no response to you.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 26, 2023
Franking:

I have no response to you.
Thank you

God bless you.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by juocin: 9:46am On Mar 26, 2023

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by eventainment(m): 9:48am On Mar 26, 2023
Hmm well if it works, fine! but they should give time to observing compatibility
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by uba1991: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2023
They play that girl street thing .
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Jameszeke(m): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2023
It's a good idea
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by phemmyfour: 10:03am On Mar 26, 2023
Abisolababe:
Good morning everyone, and I wish you happy Sunday

There is this particular church or God whereby the holy spirit through the messenger will match make couples together.
I have seen a instance whereby a lady who is also a member brought her husband to be to the church and when the holy spirit came the whole plan changed, and a guy who came from the United States was called upon and the lady was handed over to him.

What's your own view on matchmaking in the church by the holy Spirit?
Peace...

Note
It's a standard white garment church
Matchmaking isn't a sin but lying on the holy spirit or using the holy spirit to matchmake is the issue.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by luckyz4rea(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2023
There’s nothing like match-making by the Holy Spirit. If you are in touch with the Spirit you should know when the Lord says that is the man or woman by different means apart from a human third party being the reason!
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by okuta007: 10:05am On Mar 26, 2023
Franking:

sin against the holy spirit can never be forgiven. nothing else to say, you are damned forever! when you get to hell, say hi to satan your fada!
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Haydens: 10:12am On Mar 26, 2023
It's very disastrous.

Most women retire in church at their fading stage just to get men to marry them. I don't support that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by brutal1(m): 10:28am On Mar 26, 2023
It is common in our churches. There is no unity in the religion that preach love. That's why Christians now preach to fellow Christian's to change their church and join theirs as if we serve different God. We dont serve different God, we just SERVE different pastors/ elevated Daddy GO's with different doctrines. The church is a gathering of pretenders and hypocrites. People hide their true identity and only push the version they want prospective victim to see. My experience was an ugly one I was a youth president in a Pentecostal church while my fiancee then attend another church in Lagos. She happens to be active in the church, she serves in the choir and works in the pastors company so she doubles as PA and all that. There happens to be a brother in the church that happens to be what my wife was to the pastor. The pastor was solely working to compensate him with my fiancee which was why she gets called up to their house and most times, this brother miraculously shows up all the time(grooming ground) she was not aware,, she thought it was coincidence. When she told the pastor about me, he practically told her that's not possible, you can't marry someone that's not groomed by me(as if he is the father). It was a war. The news got to others in the Church and the attitude thing started, any small thing, she's not good enough to do this and that. When he realised her mind was made up, he requested I come around. I was looking straight into his eye balls on that day, he asked for what I do for a living, my monthly income and lots only for him to tell me I am not financially buoyant enough to settle down.( coming from someone that drives a big daddy a member bought for him) I make close to 200k monthly as at that time from events and my small language school. We picked date for our intro, it was a success, none of the church members showed up even the pastor. We picked date for our wedding
I was asked to produce evidence of my tithe & offering and a letter from my pastor of my stewardship to kick start the counselling process, I sent everything and this pastor didn't deliver the letter to the appropriate quarters. Our wedding was delayed for close to 7 months, we thought it was the process not knowing it was intentional. Her dad went to the group church or so and that was when he learnt of this, he got angry. The head pastor there summoned him immediately and I guess he was made to understand what he did was bad, let me add that when the hostility was much, she resigned from her work and moved to her sisters place in another state. Her pastor in her new location happens to be a woman, a wonderful soul, she invited me and we jelled so much, she even brought the idea of us doing the wedding in her place but my in laws are lagosians so that was not an option. To cut the LONG story LONG, we had our counselling in her church in her new location. We eventually had the wedding in her church in Lagos and the group pastor mandated the same pastor officiate our wedding. A year after our wedding, we bought our first car, shortly after that, I delved into car business, registered my business , open Iaai account and started business, today we've used at least 3 cars registered in our name. The same pastor is still rocking his gifted big daddy. This is our 6th year and we have NEVER called any of our family members to settle a fight. Infact I told my wife that we settle our issues ourselves. No third party ( parents, siblings, spiritual lord and father are all 3rd parties) none of her siblings can say we've called for once that we have issues and none from my side too. Our siblings and parents come to visit often. The pastor that said I was not good in enough has been left with an egg on his face. Let me add that the pators wife was not in support of her husband, she reached out to my wife althrough the delay telling her to her to be strong, she even talks to me too. We are blessed with 2 cute boys too. In Africa we have elevated these men of God to the extent that, if God shows up today and ask Christians to go right, and their daddy GO/ pastor ask them to go left, they will go left. (I had a client earlier this month that came to inspect a Corolla, she loved it and we've agreed on the price only for her to say she needs to go to her pastor to pray over it before she makes payment, she showed up after 3 days , I sold the car the second day, I told her I've sold it and showed her the receipt, she got angry. The take home from here is that, your life is your life. DON'T allow anyone (pastor or parents) make a life long decision like marriage for you, our parents didn't like the idea of Yoruba marrying igbos because we were told they eat human being grin na now I know say na this distance dey scare them..they wanted us to be close so that they can always show up to say hello, (also anyone that doesn't speak yoruba or hausa is igbo grin Dont allow people that are in their 50/60's make a decision for you in your twenties,, the problem they are creating will have great effect on your life. There will always be challenges in marriages settle it, we have a code here, when you are angry, pls show it, dont hide it, you can even be angry for 2 days but our anger doesn't get to FOOD and SEX. Na either of these two we dey settle all our fights grin isn't God great !
Abisolababe:

There is this particular church or God whereby the holy spirit through the messenger will match make couples together.
I have seen a instance whereby a lady who is also a member brought her husband to be to the church and when the holy spirit came the whole plan changed, and a guy who came from the United States was called upon and the lady was handed over to him.

Peace...

Note

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Quality20(m): 10:30am On Mar 26, 2023
I think its de best, Rather than allowing free unlawful dating, where mencarry women to anywhere they like in d name of dating. Guys just furking ladies freely
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by akmath: 10:34am On Mar 26, 2023
Every Malam with him kettle. No be una own de do me.

Religion has done more harm than good.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by uncleFola(m): 10:42am On Mar 26, 2023
The biggest gamble in life

It could turn out good
But oftentimes the outcome is always very bad
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Prettychild(f): 10:43am On Mar 26, 2023
Abisolababe:

Peace...

Note
It’s not right at all. When problems arise from the marriage, the matchmakers won’t be there but when the you ask God for directions, He would be there at throughout the marriage for you, in order words, you will have Him to run to when issues arises
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Franking: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2023
okuta007:

sin against the holy spirit can never be forgiven. nothing else to say, you are damned forever! when you get to hell, say hi to satan your fada!

Amen, brother.
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by ogwumgbe: 11:08am On Mar 26, 2023
Abisolababe:

Peace...

Note

Hahahahahahahahahahahaah, The world is a chess game, if you are deceived, you are defeated, that's the answer

2 Likes

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by ogwumgbe: 11:18am On Mar 26, 2023
brutal1:
It is common in our churches. There is no unity in the religion that preach love. That's why Christians now preach to fellow Christian's to change their church and join theirs as if we serve different God. We dont serve different God, we just SERVE different pastors/ elevated Daddy GO's with different doctrines. The church is a gathering of pretenders and hypocrites. People hide their true identity and only push the version they want prospective victim to see. My experience was an ugly one I was a youth president in a Pentecostal church while my fiancee then attend another church in Lagos. She happens to be active in the church, she serves in the choir and works in the pastors company so she doubles as PA and all that. There happens to be a brother in the church that happens to be what my wife was to the pastor. The pastor was solely working to compensate him with my fiancee which was why she gets called up to their house and most times, this brother miraculously shows up all the time(grooming ground) she was not aware,, she thought it was coincidence. When she told the pastor about me, he practically told her that's not possible, you can't marry someone that's not groomed by me(as if he is the father). It was a war. The news got to others in the Church and the attitude thing started, any small thing, she's not good enough to do this and that. When he realised her mind was made up, he requested I come around. I was looking straight into his eye balls on that day, he asked for what I do for a living, my monthly income and lots only for him to tell me I am not financially buoyant enough to settle down.( coming from someone that drives a big daddy a member bought for him) I make close to 200k monthly as at that time from events and my small language school. We picked date for our intro, it was a success, none of the church members showed up even the pastor. We picked date for our wedding
I was asked to produce evidence of my tithe & offering and a letter from my pastor of my stewardship to kick start the counselling process, I sent everything and this pastor didn't deliver the letter to the appropriate quarters. Our wedding was delayed for close to 7 months, we thought it was the process not knowing it was intentional. Her dad went to the group church or so and that was when he learnt of this, he got angry. The head pastor there summoned him immediately and I guess he was made to understand what he did was bad, let me add that when the hostility was much, she resigned from her work and moved to her sisters place in another state. Her pastor in her new location happens to be a woman, a wonderful soul, she invited me and we jelled so much, she even brought the idea of us doing the wedding in her place but my in laws are lagosians so that was not an option. To cut the LONG story LONG, we had our counselling in her church in her new location. We eventually had the wedding in her church in Lagos and the group pastor mandated the same pastor officiate our wedding. A year after our wedding, we bought our first car, shortly after that, I delved into car business, registered my business , open Iaai account and started business, today we've used at least 3 cars registered in our name. The same pastor is still rocking his gifted big daddy. This is our 6th year and we have NEVER called any of our family members to settle a fight. Infact I told my wife that we settle our issues ourselves. No third party ( parents, siblings, spiritual lord and father are all 3rd parties) none of her siblings can say we've called for once that we have issues and none from my side too. Our siblings and parents come to visit often. The pastor that said I was not good in enough has been left with an egg on his face. Let me add that the pators wife was not in support of her husband, she reached out to my wife althrough the delay telling her to her to be strong, she even talks to me too. We are blessed with 2 cute boys too. In Africa we have elevated these men of God to the extent that, if God shows up today and ask Christians to go right, and their daddy GO/ pastor ask them to go left, they will go left. (I had a client earlier this month that came to inspect a Corolla, she loved it and we've agreed on the price only for her to say she needs to go to her pastor to pray over it before she makes payment, she showed up after 3 days , I sold the car the second day, I told her I've sold it and showed her the receipt, she got angry. The take home from here is that, your life is your life. DON'T allow anyone (pastor or parents) make a life long decision like marriage for you, our parents didn't like the idea of Yoruba marrying igbos because we were told they eat human being grin na now I know say na this distance dey scare them..they wanted us to be close so that they can always show up to say hello, (also anyone that doesn't speak yoruba or hausa is igbo grin Dont allow people that are in their 50/60's make a decision for you in your twenties,, the problem they are creating will have great effect on your life. There will always be challenges in marriages settle it, we have a code here, when you are angry, pls show it, dont hide it, you can even be angry for 2 days but our anger doesn't get to FOOD and SEX. Na either of these two we dey settle all our fights grin isn't God great !

I love this write up of yours but I will also blame you for sending receipts of your tithes and offerins, it's also childish of you and for a muthafucking soul to delay your wedding for good seven months means that you also lick their useless stinking asses. Me I would just go to any Catholic church or cherubim and have my wedding, I don't give a Bleep about any muthafucking GO to control my life. Any woman in my life that asks for the permission of a fucking Pastor before she does something, will leave my house the next day. Nigeria is filled with brainwashed morons that can't think for themselves, they have allowed these Pastors to control them to the extent that a lot of them are even fucking people's wives. so pathetic. My pastor say, this person say that, what a pitiful life. Grow some more balls bro, I commend your wife for not allowing the scammer control her life. she deserves an award

2 Likes

Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Nickymichy(m): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2023
God bless you
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Chetas81(m): 11:24am On Mar 26, 2023
trendo360:
The current generation of church youths will lead more people and themselves to Hell and damnation than anyone else. They regularly have sexual affairs with one another and their pastors in the hopes that God will always pardon them.
If you need to make any serious prayers, avoid going to church because you might not be able to find God there. Instead, return to your room, shut the doors, and pray—God will respond.
from 1am to 3:30am you're good to go
Re: Match Making In Church ( What's Your Own View?) by Chetas81(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2023
STILL SINGLE MOTHERS AND THEIR SINGLE FATHER'S EVERY CORNER OF NIGERIA AS WE REFUSED TO MAKE FRIENDS BEFORE WE BEGIN TO MAKE LOVE TO WRONG PERSON

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Infant Baptism Should Stop! / Who Wrote The New Testament ? / Cost Of Chalets In Mfm Prayer City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.