Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) (54028 Views)

See The Local Rice I Purchased At 800 Naira Per Mudu In Birnin Kebbi (photo) / See The Food Items I Got With ₦‎650 In Birnin Kebbi (Photos) / List Of Items I Just Purchased With N800 Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ManirBK: 9:55am On Mar 26, 2023
Peppers@300

Onions@100

Tomato@100

Total = 500

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 9:58am On Mar 26, 2023
This is good but e be like say dem dey stingy with their pepper... though, better than anyway in the west cos hausa's are the farmer of these goods.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by Munamoqel: 9:59am On Mar 26, 2023
ManirBK:
Peppers@300

Onions@100

Tomato@100

Total = 500

MissyB3 tjskii mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala Nlfpmod seun
like 1500 for Lagos .Lagos suffer suffer town

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 10:03am On Mar 26, 2023
Munamoqel:
like 1500 for Lagos .Lagos suffer suffer town
thats what you get when lagos was the formal fed cap territory and moreover, there are only few farmers in lagos all their commodities comes from other states.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by Zonefree(m): 10:05am On Mar 26, 2023
habsydiamond:
This is good but e be like say dem dey stingy with their pepper...
Na you dey greedy. So, that pepper no plenty for N300 for your eyes?

For my area, that onions will cost nothing less than N1000, pepper N800, tomatoes N400.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ManirBK: 10:07am On Mar 26, 2023
habsydiamond:
This is good but e be like say dem dey stingy with their pepper...
yes wo that peppers very expensive that's why I move down to Kara Market to purchase it but still the same quantity compare to the one selling in our street Area and I don't know why but you can check this ones again

https://www.nairaland.com/7201317/200-naira-suya-meat-bought

https://www.nairaland.com/7219812/see-how-slaughtered-barbecue-rams
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2023
Zonefree:

Na you dey greedy. So, that pepper no plenty for N300 for your eyes?

For my area, that onions will cost nothing less than N1000, pepper N800, tomatoes N400.

in my area, the onions will cost 500, tomatoes 300 and pepper 300. Lagos no be am oo

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 10:25am On Mar 26, 2023
ManirBK:
yes wo that peppers very expensive that's why I move down to Kara Market to purchase it but still the same quantity compare to the one selling in our street Area and I don't know why
it's the 300 for me that made me to say its costly. Though its much better than most sides in the west can't say of the east sha oo

2 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by vastolord4(m): 10:32am On Mar 26, 2023
Hmm! It's like you'll start online shopping for some of us over here bros!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 10:36am On Mar 26, 2023
That onions 100#…?

Quite cheap.

Na to just buy onions Dey chew waka as snacks!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by fredsamuel1: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2023
for Aba four of those tomatoes is 100. So the one op bought will likely be 1000 naira at Aba. Onions, make I no go that side. You will get it for 1500 naira here. Pepper will likely cost 1000 naira too. So what Op bought for 500 naira is what I will buy for 3000 naira up at Aba. By the way, how much is one cup of local rice at una areas. Here na 250 naira

8 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by CodeTemplar: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Birnin Kebbi indeed!

Oya arrange manna and overcome your mountain of fufu and pounded yam.

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by frankyychiji(f): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
brain54:
That onions 100#…?

Quite cheap.

I know two people in real life that does this. grin
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ManirBK: 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
fredsamuel1:
for Aba four of those tomatoes is 100. So the one op bought will likely be 1000 naira at Aba. Onions, make I no go that side. You will get it for 1500 naira here. Pepper will likely cost 1000 naira too. So what Op bought for 500 naira is what I will buy for 3000 naira up at Aba. By the way, how much is one cup of local rice at una areas. Here na 250 naira
pls snap shot the type of cup you are talking about. Here we are not using cup but we are measuring using Mudu. One Mudu of local Rice is 650 and for foreign is 800 naira per mudu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ManirBK: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Birnin Kebbi indeed!

Oya arrange manna and overcome your mountain of fufu and pounded yam.
lol
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ManirBK: 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
habsydiamond:
in my area, the onions will cost 500, tomatoes 300 and pepper 300. Lagos no be am oo
check this one I posted last six months ago
https://www.nairaland.com/7385809/see-food-items-got-650
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
frankyychiji:
I know two people in real life that does this. grin
shocked
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ahnie: 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2023
Look at your life cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
brain54:
That onions 100#…?

Quite cheap.

Your mouth go smell tire be that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
ahnie:
Look at your life cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your mouth go smell tire be that.
That’s what Tom Tom is there for…

tongue
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ahnie: 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
brain54:

That’s what Tom Tom is there for…

tongue
I give up on you cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
ahnie:

I give up on you cheesy
Pls don’t…
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2023
ahnie:

I give up on you cheesy
I can’t eat raw onions…

Even the cooked one if I see it in my plate of food I weed them out.

Been that way since I was little!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ahnie: 6:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Same style my son suddenly developed,knowing fully well how he liked food,after warning him several and he refused,I reduced his food,no body tellam,na only him used his mouth to tell me,mummy I have started eating onions.
brain54:

I can’t eat raw onions…

Even the cooked one if I see it in my plate of food I weed them out.

Been that way since I was little!

7 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
ahnie:
Same style my son suddenly developed,knowing fully well how he liked food,after warning him several and he refused,I reduced his food,no body tellam,na only him used his mouth to tell me,mummy I have started eating onions.
You treat him mess up…

I like your style!

cheesy

During service year (NYSC) I stayed with friends who would occasionally invite their babes over to cook meals on weekends for example.

They was this particular friend’s Calabar chick that would cook with excess onions. Even when I complained about my dislike for the onions she still persisted.

I mean she would cook white rice and chop bulbs of onions inside. The stew too same. It was my first time even ever seeing anyone boil white rice with onions. She would still add lots of onions inside stew. Haba…

I complained nobody payed me attention (later I discovered even her guy didn’t like it but no one wanted to bruise her ego) while everyone would eat their meal I would take maybe like 3 spoons and abandon the rest.

So I devised a plan. See I love pepper. I can eat pepper ghan…

So I invited my own babe as at then one cool evening…. I told her the plan and convinced her to play along. The plan was to spike the food with enough pepper. She added a quantity she felt was a bit much and would not agree to add more. So me I snuck behind and added MORE pepper.

Long story short… nobody went pass the first morsel of eba and turkey egusi soup which looked really enticing. The were all dancing around from the effects of the pepper and looking for water and fan to dilute the pepper fever while I sat there and chopped everything while making fun of them. I told them it’s similar to me not eating the onion meal.

It was good pay back for all the times they cheated me with their onion meals. I later carry them out go buy beer to cool their mind.

Interesting years later while reminiscing about it my friend whose babe did the onion cooking thing confessed not liking that much onions but was just playing along so as not to make her feel bad about her cooking. Same as at least one other person.

And they made me feel bad at the time for complaining about too much onions.

I just remembered and thought I share!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by ahnie: 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
brain54:

You treat him mess up…

I like your style!

cheesy

During service year (NYSC) I stayed with friends who would occasionally invite their babes over to cook meals on weekends for example.

They was this particular friend’s Calabar chick that would cook with excess onions. Even when I complained about my dislike for the onions she still persisted.

I mean she would cook white rice and chop bulbs of onions inside. The stew too same. It was my first time even ever seeing anyone boil white rice with onions. She would still add lots of onions inside stew. Haba…

I complained nobody payed me attention (later I discovered even her guy didn’t like it but no one wanted to bruise her ego) while everyone would eat their meal I would take maybe like 3 spoons and abandon the rest.

So I devised a plan. See I love pepper. I can eat pepper ghan…

So I invited my own babe as at then one cool evening…. I told her the plan and convinced her to play along. The plan was to spike the food with enough pepper. She added a quantity she felt was a bit much and would not agree to add more. So me I snuck behind and added MORE pepper.

Long story short… nobody went pass the first morsel of eba and turkey egusi soup which looked really enticing. The were all dancing around from the effects of the pepper and looking for water and fan to dilute the pepper fever while I sat there and chopped everything while making fun of them. I told them it’s similar to me not eating the onion meal.

It was good pay back for all the times they cheated me with their onion meals. I later carry them out go buy beer to cool their mind.

Interesting years later while reminiscing about it my friend whose babe did the onion cooking thing confessed not liking that much onions but was just playing along so as not to make her feel bad about her cooking. Same as at least one other person.

And they made me feel bad at the time for complaining about too much onions.

I just remembered and thought I share!
Revenge is a dish best served cold.i m not a pepper somebody,no one in my home tolerates pepper,but see onions we eat lots of it,but not as the one of the madam you described above Sha.

1 Like

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by habsydiamond(m): 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
ManirBK:
check this one I posted last six months ago
https://www.nairaland.com/7385809/see-food-items-got-650
wow.. thats much for that price.. if not for security reasons the North would have been the best place to live for an average Nigerian

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by fredsamuel1: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2023
ManirBK:
pls snap shot the type of cup you are talking about. Here we are not using cup but we are measuring using Mudu. One Mudu of local Rice is 650 and for foreign is 800 naira per mudu.

there is no need for that as the cup is medium size tin tomato

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by frankyychiji(f): 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
brain54:

shocked
I'm serious. One was a boy (now a man), when his mum buys onions from the market to store in the house especially the small sizes, he will be stealing them to eat in hiding. The other person was an elderly man, after eating, he must chew onions
He has them in his car and all around him.

When I asked him why, he told me it was better than smoking cigarettes. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by brain54(m): 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2023
frankyychiji:
I'm serious. One was a boy (now a man), when his mum buys onions from the market to store in the house especially the small sizes, he will be stealing them to eat in hiding. The other person was an elderly man, after eating, he must chew onions
He has them in his car and all around him.

When I asked him why, he told me it was better than smoking cigarettes. grin
Wow…

Sounds like an addiction.

It surely is better than smoking…

I can’t chew onions though!

3 Likes

Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by jamesversion: 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
brain54:

Wow…

Sounds like an addiction.

It surely is better than smoking…

I can’t chew onions though!

I chew Onions for fun. I also smoke for fun. I like pepper alot.

What then do you have on me?? grin grin grin
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by Kingcalls: 10:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
No wonder they still vote for useless leaders in the North
Re: See The Food Items I Purchased Today With 500 Naira In Birnin Kebbi (photos) by doctorgold(m): 12:22am On Mar 27, 2023
About the same quantity as what you posted, I bought for 4500 here in Lagos. Apparently, food isn't a problem up north.
ManirBK:
Peppers@300

Onions@100

Tomato@100

Total = 500

MissyB3 tjskii mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala Nlfpmod seun mariahAngel brain54

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Garnished Sallah Ram Got People Salivating Online / Bobrisky Shows Off The Sumptuous Meal He Cooked For His Lover (video) / See The 100 Naira Oranges I Bought Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.