Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT (550 Views)

Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Chimamanda Adichie & Her Husband, Ivara Dine With Barack & Michelle Obama (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by Divepen1(m): 10:37am On Mar 26, 2023
My Prompt:

Write a story about a deaf peaceful woman that killed her husband. Add dialogues. Make it african

Story

In a small village in Africa, there lived a deaf woman named Nana. She was known for her peaceful nature and gentle attitude towards others. Nana lived with her husband, Kwesi, and was known to be a devoted wife.

One day, the village woke up to the news of Kwesi's death. Everyone was shocked and saddened by the news. People gathered around Nana's house, wondering what could have happened. The news spread like wildfire, and soon, it reached the ears of the village chief. The chief decided to investigate the matter.

As the chief entered Nana's house, he found her sitting on the floor, with her head bowed low. She couldn't hear him entering as her back was turned toward the door.

"Hello, Nana," the chief said, trying to get her attention. "I am sorry for your loss."

Nana turned to the chief and nodded in acknowledgement, with tears in her eyes.

"Can you tell me what happened?" asked the chief.

Nana shrugged her shoulders and gestured that she didn't know what happened.

The chief looked around the house and saw bloodstains on the floor. "What happened here?" he asked.

Nana shook her head indicating that she didn't know what had happened.

The chief looked at Nana carefully and saw that she was scared and confused. He decided to talk to her in a language she could understand.

"Madam, I know you can't hear me, but I believe you are innocent. We will find out what happened to your husband," the chief said, gently.

Nana looked up, her eyes wide with surprise. She gestured as if to ask him why someone would kill her husband.

But within hours, the real investigation started, and it confirmed the villagers' worst fear. Nana had killed her husband after an argument that turned physical.

The villagers were in shock, and they started to wonder how someone so peaceful and mild could do something so violent.

When the chief returned to inform Nana about what happened, she was distraught. "I didn't mean to," she signed furiously. "It just happened."

The chief took her hands and made her sit down. "Nana, you have to tell me what happened," he said.

Nana gestured that her husband was always a harsh man, and how he had started to turn on her physical over the years. She couldn't take it anymore, and she lashed out in self-defense. She didn't know how else to protect herself.

"I understand," the chief said, earnestly. "But there are ways to protect yourself without resorting to violence. We will teach you those ways."

And so, Nana went through rehabilitation, and she learned how to defend herself without using force. Years passed, and Nana became a respected member of the community. Her nature toward others never changed, and she remained the loving and gentle woman who had mistakenly acted out in self-defense years before.
Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by thesolutions(m): 10:48am On Mar 26, 2023
This is hollywood and not african. must there always be a good/happy endings.
Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by Divepen1(m): 10:56am On Mar 26, 2023
thesolutions:
This is hollywood and not african. must there always be a good/happy endings.

You can create your own ending.

Must Africans always look for horrific endings before their lives have a meaning

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by thesolutions(m): 12:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
Divepen1:

You can create your own ending.

Must Africans always look for horrific endings before their lives have a meaning
Oh If I am to re-create my own story, it will end with great horror.

This one you are attacking me, should I have kept my opinion with me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by Kswine(m): 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
ChatGpt is the next big thing!
Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by Divepen1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
thesolutions:

Oh If I am to re-create my own story, it will end with great horror.

This one you are attacking me, should I have kept my opinion with me?

For every action, there would be a corresponding reaction and countereaction. In essence, I don't like the idea that "feel good" stories be limited to foreign novels alone.

This "feel good" is why romance and fantasy novels sell better. Having a sad ending used to be a norm in our classic novels and I feel that's we see it as the Africanness in our stories. I don't feel it should be.
Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by thesolutions(m): 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Divepen1:

For every action, there would be a corresponding reaction and countereaction. In essence, I don't like the idea that "feel good" stories be limited to foreign novels alone.

This "feel good" is why romance and fantasy novels sell better. Having a sad ending used to be a norm in our classic novels and I feel that's we see it as the Africanness in our stories. I don't feel it should be.
If you had written the piece and it ends with such happy ending, it is understandable because you thought it out. But an AI that made use of an African Names in a foreign story will always have my bias opinion because happy endings are for African warriors if you put sentiments aside.
Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by Divepen1(m): 11:54am On Mar 27, 2023
thesolutions:

If you had written the piece and it ends with such happy ending, it is understandable because you thought it out. But an AI that made use of an African Names in a foreign story will always have my bias opinion because happy endings are for African warriors if you put sentiments aside.
I did a second version that ended not to happily.

The prompts for that one was slightly different. I just became angry because I just finished arguing with someone outside Nairaland about how we always want sad endings in anything Nigerian literature. Only to come here to meet another statement in that line.
Re: Nana Killed Her Husband- "A Prompt I Gave CHATGPT by markkuss: 1:42am On Mar 30, 2023
Divepen1:
I did a second version that ended not to happily.

The prompts for that one was slightly different. I just became angry because I just finished arguing with someone outside Nairaland about how we always want sad endings in anything Nigerian literature. Only to come here to meet another statement in that line.

Truth is bitter

(1) (Reply)

News Writer Needed Urgently / Removed / The Shakespeare Fellowship 2012 Essay Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.