Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar (1731 Views)

Aisha Buhari: Fatima, Mamman Daura’s Daughter Laughed, Mocked Me, Blocked Me / Fatima, Mamman Daura’s Daughter: Aisha Buhari Attacked Us In Aso Rock / Fatima Abubakar And Mahmoud Yuguda Wedding Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by greatiyk4u(m): 6:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
Who still remembers
Killing of youth kopa and destruction of igbo properties in the North when Buhari lost election in 2011?

Disenfranchised of Igbos and igbo look alike in Lagos in 2023 election?

Obidents are just passionate and patriotic Nigerians who are eager to dismantle the existing structure of criminality for the good of the poor masses especially the massive miserable lives poor Northerners experience

All these media gagging and claim of insults and impending door is just a reverse psychology to discourage Obi from pursuing his stolen mandate.

E no go work
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by LikeAking: 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
tsephanyah:
Pls no insults

Keep quiet!
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by orion7: 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dsalvo:

Whatever you claim she did can be justified by the fundamental principles of democratic elections which is essentially the right to vote and be voted for. Voting Buhari is no crime and that is not even the point here.

The point under discussion is the extremism and dangerous messiah worship (typified by the blind followership Kanu and IPOB enjoy) of Obidients who are mainly Igbos.

What is extremist and undemocratic is bringing a militant, bullying, intolerant, threatening and intimidating fervour to the democratic voting process which Obidient alone have done since our current democracy began in 1999.

Nigeria is not the SE where rabid and murderous followership of Kanu, Ekpa, IPOB etal is perfectly normal and acceptable to the extent it can become an insidious part of our national politics going forward.

Nigerian leaders are famous for inaction and dithering. It is obvious Igbos will bring IPOB-style militancy, as a lasting legacy, to Nigerian national politics if their excesses are not checked.

These people do not know how to behave and Nigeria will hurt herself indulging them all in the name of "nationally inclusive politics".

If you have seen average Northerners acting like Boko Haram and ISWAP, during elections and in relation to the outcome, then show me this so we can proclaim them similar to Igbos and Obidients. Ditto Yorubas, SSand Middle belt.

These are the fact of our reality today at the terrible hands of soon-to-be terrorists called Obidients. Deal with it.
talk about fanaticism. I mc oluomo Igbo? He came out threatening people ? Can you call out notable igbos that have spoken like him. ? Obi has gone to court. Y re zombies crying all over the place ?

Obi was voted for because people actually believed in him. Not the mandate thief.

2 Likes

Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by Benwallt(m): 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
leroi01:
At the end, despite your inane article, Tinubu will be tried and most likely will drop what's not his.

Does it belong to Obi or Atiku, it's anyone's guess.

Quit with the crap articles . People will believe who or what they need to believe to help them have hope.

If you believe otherwise, it's your cup of zobo.

Case is in court. Put up and shut up.

Hopelessness

1 Like

Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by Creeper: 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is an interesting piece, however, Obi is more of a populist than a messiah. Both words aren’t interchangeable.

Two people that were somewhat similar to a messiah in Nigeria’s political landscape were Obafemi Awolowo and Ahmadu Bello. And they achieved that status based on their deeds.

Obi on the other hand is very similar to Trump. He’s an opportunist who just preyed on the emotions of disenfranchised people who already had a movement whilst exploiting existing tribal/religion fault-lines.

Regardless, it’s an interesting piece.

2 Likes

Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by r4bbit: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dsalvo:

Similar display of Igbos unwholesome and repellent deceit is exemplified by how you all wish to portray Yorubas as bigots who rejected GRV.

Yet you are all dubiously and mischievously silent about the nauseating anti-Yoruba views and utterances of GRV that made the Yorubas reject a hater of their ethnic stock when normal reasoning and critical thinking teaches them to be apprehensive ofin the most base sense of human self-preservation.

Actions have equal and opposite reaction to normal folks bar Igbos. Once Chameleonic Chinedu has shown openly and proudly that he hates Yorubas, not even apologising once exposed, it is entirely expected and true to character only unreasonable Igbos would still expect Yorubas to vote him governor of Lagos.

This part cannot be emphasized enough!
I asked my non Yoruba frnd why does think GrV was rejected in Lagos, he said and I quote " uhmmm I think deh said because his mother was Igbo" I got pissed a little because not only is the statement false, it also shows you the propaganda being spread across Nigeria to make Yòruba's look like the enemy.

1 Like

Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by GenSpecifics: 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2023
KillMNKnow:
If Hitler happened in Nigeria they would have followed him

Hitler did nothing wrong..

He is only guilty of not doing what he was accused of
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by alanto: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
Dsalvo:

Along with being selfish, Obi is a very dangerous individual very comfortable dividing Nigerians by exploiting 'faultlines' of ethnicity, religion etal.

He famously implored Anambra folks not to vote "Yoruba Party" when Ngige ran under the ACN banner to be a Senator in the State. He shamelessly and openly inspired a bullying gang--up against Ngige.

He is the perfect hate-monger, like Kanu and Ojukwu etal, Igbos, above anything else, have historically shown a predisposition to following messianically.

If Nigerian leaders, with their usual dithering , continue to indulge Obi and Obidullards them let us let be surprised if we end up in a state of anarchy where constituted leadership has lost control of the mob.
Very wicked man, every time I see I picture I always wonder why he think the way he thinks... This guy is purposefully causing trouble and making mockery of both INEC and the judicial and the Igbo leaders are okay with it, his mobs are attacking everyone, their leaders keep shot because they think it's going to help make Biafra fast but no, their people will die unwarranted in foreign lands... I swear I can never understand how igbo people think... Never see people without brains in my life... The igbo brain is only peculiar to the tribe

2 Likes

Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by RZArecta(m): 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
Fatima Abubakar is an ídiot. What makes her think all Igbos support Obi or all Obi supporters are Igbo ? What makes it right for a northerner and westerner to support wherever they like politically but wrong for an igbo man to exercise his own choice in a democracy ?
Why gaslighting Obi supporters, blaming them for things APC supporters are the ones guilty of ? She even has the effrontery to call them Biafra. What is wrong with this woman for crying out loud ? Can't people make their political choices again ?
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by Zupay: 8:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
tsephanyah:
did we follow them to declare war... Like Ojukwu Kanu, Simon, effiong etc.. it's just matter of time until you people start following another Ojukwu/Kanu cus Obi is wise..

Whoever igbos leaders have followed, it has never increased the number of out of school children in the zone and will never make the Southeast the poorest zone in Nigeria which Northwest presently is, going by the FG's data of 2022. How can Sokoto state that has produced Shagari and has the Sultanate be the poorest in Nigeria?
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by Zupay: 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
alanto:

Very wicked man, every time I see I picture I always wonder why he think the way he thinks... This guy is purposefully causing trouble and making mockery of both INEC and the judicial and the Igbo leaders are okay with it, his mobs are attacking everyone, their leaders keep shot because they think it's going to help make Biafra fast but no, their people will die unwarranted in foreign lands... I swear I can never understand how igbo people think... Never see people without brains in my life... The igbo brain is only peculiar to the tribe

Igbos no get brain but na dia zone get the highest cut-off mark for common entrance and Jamb.

Dem no get brain but dem dey manufacture spare parts for Nnewi and exporting it to other Africa countries

Dem no get brain but dem be the least poorest zone in Nigeria according to Federal government.

Una whey get, how far? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by starstaz(m): 9:02pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is a killer juice, suggestive of a "finishing blow" on the pro-zombies.
Aunty , u dey write ooo. Make I call it honesty of generalization.

💦💦
Re: Messiah: Igbos Dangerous Pursuit Of A Political Savior - Fatima Abubakar by potent5(m): 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
tsephanyah:
proving my points
I am proving the points made by an idiot who doesn't know the actual source of the illicit funds expended on her education.

(1) (2) (Reply)

David Hundeyin And NEFERTITII Should Apologise To Igbos For Bringing Them Hate / It's Now Obvious The Obidients Can Never Accept The Outcome Of SC / Tinubu's Certificate Submitted To INEC Turns Out As Fake (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.