Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1740 Views)

2face Is Asking Why An Idoma Man Can't Be Governor In Benue, What About Igede? / What Do You Know About Igede Tribe In Benue State? / Dino Melaye Shows His Sons And Daughter In Adorable Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by God1000(m): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by God1000(m): 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is the aftermath of the recent ethnic crisis between the people of IGEDE and Idoma

We are brothers, let this be the last time such a thing will happen

Bugcompiler
Omenka
Amex2018

Re: . by God1000(m): 7:43pm On Mar 26, 2023
We also welcome our Idoma and Tiv brothers
Re: . by Xscape1993(m): 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
When will this world have peace?
Re: . by Acidosis(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
How father Alia want take rule this state bayi? Fulani herdsmen, communal clashes, ridiculous revenue, etc. etc.

May God help Benue people.
Re: . by God1000(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Xscape1993:
When will this world have peace?
I don't just know man
Re: . by God1000(m): 7:51pm On Mar 26, 2023
Acidosis:
How father Alia want take rule this state bayi? Fulani herdsmen, communal clashes, ridiculous revenue, etc. etc.

May God help Benue people.
I couldn't agree more with you

2 Likes

Re: . by greenermodels: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
God1000:
This is really unacceptable

The government of Samuel Ortom, the traditional rulers in Benue should rise to the occasion before things spiral out of control

The fight which started in border communities of Obi and Otukpo is now escalating to towns and cities with reports of targeted killings and destruction of properties.

I know we have a lot igede and idoma guys on this forum, they've been keeping quiet as well

Please call your brothers and tell them to stop this senseless fight.

I'm not here to trade blame, we don't have time for blame games, all we want is peace, we are brothers, we've lived together for so long, intermarried, we have so much shared history, we should stop killing each other for God sake.

This whole fight is over electricity

I don't want anybody to turn this thread into tribal war, please don't say anything if you don't have anything good to say

Houses, shops and communities have been burnt with uncountable deaths.

Nlfpmod
Did you say that all these damage is over electricity?
Re: . by God1000(m): 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
greenermodels:
Did you say that all these damage is over electricity?
it's obviously beyond electricity, electricity is just a smokescreen
Re: . by BaddestQueen(f): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
God1000:
Omenka
omo see somebody's yam 🍠
someone's sweat in the farm
.truly nothing good comes out from violence

Btw you guys should stop calling omenka

he's retired and made it public.

1 Like

Re: . by God1000(m): 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
BaddestQueen:
omo see somebody's yam 🍠
someone's sweat in the farm
.truly nothing good comes out from violence

Btw you guys should stop calling omenka

he's retired and made it public.
Too bad, you've said it all
Re: . by kollinzgee(m): 8:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
blood and tears
who cursed this country.
Re: . by God1000(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
kollinzgee:
blood and tears
who cursed this country.
the problems bedeviling Nigeria are too many
Re: . by Godjone(m): 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
What is the reason for this war? But i noticed one thing about the Igede. They always feel insecured with the idomas. The view idomas as their arch enemies and because of such perceptions, they wouldn't want to relate with the idomas. This is bad my people. The idoma people are peaceful and loving and as such, our igede brethren should not allow these desperate politicians to separate us. We should come together (opiatoha) and be United to achieve our goals

1 Like

Re: . by God1000(m): 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Godjone:
What is the reason for this war? But i noticed one thing about the Igede. They always feel insecured with the idomas. The view idomas as their arch enemies and because of such perceptions, they wouldn't want to relate with the idomas. This is bad my people. The idoma people are peaceful and loving and as such, our igede brethren should not allow these desperate politicians to separate us. We should come together (opiatoha) and be United to achieve our goals
Stop fanning the flames of violence and hatred

You are not helping matters by trying to pin the blame on igede people, we both know how this crisis started and who is at fault

I don't just want to open the Pandora's box for the sake of peace

Let the bloodshed end

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Godjone(m): 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
God1000:

Stop fanning the flames of violence and hatred

You are not helping matters by trying to pin the blame on igede people, we both know how this crisis started and who is at fault

I don't just want to open the Pandora's box for the sake of peace

Let the bloodshed end
did you read my comment upside down? How did i fan the flames of violence can you explain pls
Re: . by DennisEche(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
Very avoidable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by OkCornel(m): 10:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
The same spirit behind the crisis of 1966 is rampaging across the land again. These are early days.

Something ominous is in the air.

Injustice, tribalism, lack of understanding, mercy and love in the land will usher in bloodshed on a scale never seen before.

Nigerians, you have been warned.

Don’t let 1966 repeat itself. Learn from the Rwandan genocide of 1994.

Be warned!

3 Likes

Re: . by christejames(m): 11:00pm On Mar 26, 2023
Very terrible...

Curfew was placed yesterday due to the palpable tension in town.
Re: . by uba1991: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
Godjone:
the same way Idoma people sees Tiv.
Re: . by God1000(m): 4:19am On Mar 27, 2023
christejames:
Very terrible...

Curfew was placed yesterday due to the palpable tension in town.
curfew in otukpo, So I heard, because some igede people living in the town are under attack

2 Likes

Re: . by God1000(m): 4:20am On Mar 27, 2023
OkCornel:
The same spirit behind the crisis of 1966 is rampaging across the land again. These are early days.

Something ominous is in the air.

Injustice, tribalism, lack of understanding, mercy and love in the land will usher in bloodshed on a scale never seen before.

Nigerians, you have been warned.

Don’t let 1966 repeat itself. Learn from the Rwandan genocide of 1994.

Be warned!
It's an ugly circle of violence, there's no love anywhere in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by God1000(m): 9:00am On Mar 27, 2023
Nlfpmod
Re: . by Amex2018: 9:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Tbh, this could have been avoided. I hope this issue is brought to rest. But I personally hate the fact that igedes residing in otukpo were attacked.

This is uncalled for. Our leaders should bring this nonsense to a stop asap.

Thanks God1000 for bringing this here

1 Like

Re: . by God1000(m): 9:13pm On Apr 02, 2023
Amex2018:
Tbh, this could have been avoided. I hope this issue is brought to rest. But I personally hate the fact that igedes residing in otukpo were attacked.

This is uncalled for. Our leaders should bring this nonsense to a stop asap.

Thanks God1000 for bringing this here
thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: . by God1000(m): 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2023
I heard this erudite SAN, an igede son is dead.

Amex2018

This is painful

Re: . by kokoA(m): 9:19pm On Apr 02, 2023
I am Idoma guy married to an Igede girl.. My in-laws have been nothing but nice to me. I don't really know much about Benue local politics though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by God1000(m): 9:27pm On Apr 02, 2023
kokoA:
I am Idoma guy married to an Igede girl.. My in-laws have been nothing but nice to me. I don't really know much about Benue local politics though.
Good to meet you here, we are brothers

we have so much shared history, feel free to report anything here
Re: . by Amex2018: 5:12pm On Apr 03, 2023
God1000:
I heard this erudite SAN, an igede son is dead.

Amex2018

This is painful

I read about this yesterday morning and I was heartbroken to say the least. The pictures from the accident scene were horrible. More like a bulldozer ran through the vehicle. So so bad
This is beyond unfortunate. You can imagine having to lose the first and only SAN from Igede in less than 6 months of the promotion.

May his soul rest in peace
Re: . by God1000(m): 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2023
Amex2018:

I read about this yesterday morning and I was heartbroken to say the least. The pictures from the accident scene were horrible. More like a bulldozer ran through the vehicle. So so bad
This is beyond unfortunate. You can imagine having to lose the first and only SAN from Igede in less than 6 months of the promotion.

May his soul rest in peace
very sad indeed, i didn't even know it was an accident
Re: . by LegitWebsites: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2023
God1000:
the problems bedeviling Nigeria are too many

How is the situation of things now?
Re: . by LegitWebsites: 11:03am On Jun 26, 2023
God1000:
Are you an igede person from Benue state, please gather here.

Let's talk about our beautiful land and the entire Benue.

Report any event across the nooks and crannies of Benue.

LIked, Shared and Followed.

The Igede That I Come from is The "Igede" in Ekiti State.

However, We Roll Anyway.

The Same Blood Runs Through Our Veins.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Fashola Says Tinubu Have Dual Citizen But Says It Doesn't Matter! / Farida Sobowale And The Dangers Of Unspoken Illness / Why Everybody They Laugh Tinubu And Ariwoola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.