Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode (26771 Views)

Recall Ben Llewellyn-Jones - Femi Fani-Kayode Tells British Government / Mr Jollof Slams Femi Falana Over Support For Sowore (video) / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Femi Gbajabiamila For Sitting Before An Islamic Scholar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Islie: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hate Speech: Trouble Looms For APC Chieftain, Fani-Kayode, As UK Considers Sanction

A former Minister of Aviation and chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, may face Visa sanction from the United Kingdom (UK) Government following his alleged inciting comments against the Igbo ethnic group, which triggered violence against mostly members of the Igbo ethnic group during the March 18 Governorship and State House of Assembly elections in Nigeria.

British Deputy High Commissioner to Nigeria, Ben Llellwelling Jones, disclosed this during an interview with Nigeria Info FM in Lagos on Sunday.

Speaking on the violence that rocked the elections, especially in Lagos State, the British envoy condemned Fani-Kayode for his negative utterances against the Igbo race because of their choice in a multi-party democracy.

The former Aviation Minister reportedly joined the call to stop the Igbo from “taking over Yoruba land”, which later manifested in violence and ethnic slur against the Igbo in Lagos.

Jones said, “Yes, let’s be specific, there were some people, like Femi Fani-Kayode, what is he saying and why is he saying it? I don’t understand. It is wrong from my perspective that he will speak on behalf of a party and that party does not distance itself from him and say stop doing that. It is wrong to say that.

I have said it before on this show, that if you live in London, you are a Londoner, a British-Pakistan, is a Londoner. The British Prime Minister lives in London. My boss, the British Foreign Secretary is clearly British-Sierra Leone and lives in London, they are Londoners.

So, why is it that people who pay taxes, who work, who provide teachers, who built businesses, who create jobs, who live in Lagos, who happen to be from a different ethnicity to some other people are not Lagosians? Of course, they are.

The strength of Lagos is its diversity, and if Lagos can’t be that kind of cosmopolitan melting pot of culture and language and all the things it should be, then really how is Lagos going to succeed?

“I think the right question to people who have been driving these ethnic kind of languages would be, when you go to cities around the world like London, what do you see when you see the success of those places? Because the success of those places are not built upon division but upon unity. I think there are people who are still using that kind of language should stop, and the party they represent should be saying to them stop now, this is not in our name and you are wrong.”

The envoy called on the APC to take firm position on the matter and proper action against this behaviour.

“To me it is really important, people who have said ‘I am part of a party’s press and media campaign’, well the party itself should say no you are not, and you should stop and we do not agree. I know that some leaders very clearly said we are about unity, and that is good, I encourage that. The problem is if you get the other people over here, who are very clearly associated with the party and giving you another message, and there isn’t any kind of calling out of that. What would you take from that as a voter?

“Certainly the people who were chanting anti-Igbo messages on Saturday, they certainly took something from what they read and what they saw, and what they heard. And that is wrong. So to me, I am not being an idealist about this, I recognize that people have different views on these things, but it is about the incitement, the kind of ethnic incitement, and that needs to stop.

On the visa ban threat, which the UK government issued against electoral offenders, Jones said “We have a list, we are working through our list but we don’t publish those names I know people say we should, but we have laws, and the law prevents us from doing that.

“The UK is a rule bound society, we don’t do that, but we do have a list, which we are working it through. We said we will do this and we will do this. And we are gathering the kind of information that will enable us do this, on specific individuals.

We watched very closely, I was in Lagos the whole time, we have people on the ground in key places. The stuff is in the public domain as well, it is not difficult to find. So we won’t publish the names, we don’t do that, we can’t do that.”

He said that at the moment the list is between 5 and 10 and it is growing.”

Recall that the UK Government had earlier issued a statement after the March 18 Governorship and State House of Assembly elections condemning the violence and threatening to impose sanctions on election offenders.

https://leadership.ng/hate-speech-trouble-looms-for-apc-chieftain-fani-kayode-as-uk-considers-sanction/

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Massiveglory: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ffk the free food merchant has talked his way into uneccessary issues.

As for the list of electoral offenders that should have a visa ban. Here are a few.

Musiliu Akinsanya aka olomo mc: This one should be ban alongside his kids . They should be brought back home.
You can't set a state ablaze , destroy and harm people and send your kids outside.
No. All of us go dey here together.

Others are
Nyesome wike
Hope uzodinma
Yakubu mahood: this one just wasted our 300 billion, set laws and broke the law.
The lagos INEC rec
The rivers REC
The Nasarawa REC

178 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by SLAP44: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2023
Some people are just dancing naked on the streets just because of this rigged elections.

I pity people like FFK, Igbos will continue to live and grow in Lagos an all over Nigeria, if you don't like it, apply to leave Lagos and relocate to Togo grin

149 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by FORHII: 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2023

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by atiku4President(m): 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
Sanctioning the fool means nothing

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by LuvsBeautifl: 9:24pm On Mar 26, 2023
I will eventually take them seriously when they actually sanction these persons.

This is not the first time the US and the UK have promised/assured such penalties for electoral offences, but till date no action has been taken.

Let's see how this will unfold this time.

I doubt what happened in Libya was up to this when the "Democracy givers" stormed Libya and killed Gadaffi. Talk about hypocrisy.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Nuhskhut: 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2023
Patriotism is different from ownership.

4 Likes

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by FreeStuffsNG: 9:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Islie:

Hate Speech: Trouble Looms For APC Chieftain, Fani-Kayode, As UK Considers Sanction

https://leadership.ng/hate-speech-trouble-looms-for-apc-chieftain-fani-kayode-as-uk-considers-sanction/

Nlfpmod
Nothing will happen to him wink
This is fake news.

Just forget it. He did not go to Harrow for nothing.

There are just some things not clear to most of you. There are deep links beyond the superficial.

Right now, UK needs more of Nigeria than the other way around. They will call the bluff of haters, bigots who transmuted from ipob terrorist group members to become lp mob idolizing a mediocre in governance Mr Obi.
check my signature for free stuffs!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Bluntguy: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
Some foolish people play politics of ethnicity because of their stomachs. By their utterances you shall know them.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by oyebanji44: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2023
This is fake news...

2 Likes

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Bluntguy: 9:33pm On Mar 26, 2023
SLAP44:
Some people are just dancing naked on the streets just because of this rigged elections.
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by MrColdsweat: 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2023
They do not want to publish the names is as good as doing absolutely nothing.

Fraudulent UK

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Bluntguy: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
oyebanji44:
This is fake news...
Oya call your myopic mod to close the thread. You know yourselves.

7 Likes

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by ConfidentialDoc: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2023
This British minister gives a good laugh...
"The strength of Lagos is it's diversity"...bloody hypocrites.

Ask the common Englishman man on the street and he'll tell u it's the same bleeping diversity that destroyed his country to the level it is now

Please tell me who will be the first to arm the north if it decided to go to war with the south a 2nd time. Hypocrite UK

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by JagabanBorgu: 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Obi said "christians take back ur country", he was right in making that statement, his followers are even deñyîng he made such a statement, GRV made posts to incite ethnic clashes, everyone pretends they didn't see it.
Yorûbas didn't start this, the lgb0s did and now they are playing the victim card.

317 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by duro2chang(m): 9:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
UK should face its own problem.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by RenaissanceGuy: 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
When is Nigeria also going to start threatening visa ban to other countries, even if it's Togo, to start with??

6 Likes

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by JagabanBorgu: 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bluntguy:
Some foolish people play politics of ethnicity because of their stomachs. By their utterances you shall know them.
Some like Obi and GRV.
"Christians take back ur country" is a statement PitObi made.
GRV called Yorûbas Afonja, u expect Yorûbas to clap back for him.

203 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by BOSSkesh(m): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2023
FFK is like an almajiri
Give him food and like a canary watch him sing your praises

6 Likes

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by JagabanBorgu: 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2023
Bluntguy:

Get out of my mention. Mandate thief!
Mandate robber, u want to carry out daylight robbery, we rèjècted ur Obi, our votes bear witness, even Obi can't prove that he won election now.

193 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Sapeleomi: 9:56pm On Mar 26, 2023
Islie:

Nlfpmod

Not a fan of FFK.
However, that british official breach his official calling. You do meddle in another country's internal politics not on radio. The country is already polarised. I do not see the wisdom in that speech.
Moreover, FFK is a british citizen via his father place of birth.. Why threatened people with ban.. Why not block the money coming to Uk banks? That's the koko...
The British as usual playing to the gallery and not offering solution..
Anglo cameroun is a mess courtesy of the British, who are quick to give unsolicited advice but do not undertstand intricaties and complexities that surround african societies.
Let the politicians learn to deal with their grievance in Court and their supporters fight among themselves.
The rest of us want peace and a functioning society.. We dont want the British given the l impression that one political party is right or the other is cheated.
The British intervention in any country is always damaging.
A 63 years old man should be left to take responsibilty for his action good or bad.
We dont need lecture from anybody.

198 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by sekundosekundo: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
; Did
Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Gondonu: 9:58pm On Mar 26, 2023
Criminals defending criminals
Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by BurialGround: 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
grin
Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by Abfinest007(m): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
I laugh
Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by uba1991: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
Let them just join the idiot with Ekweremadu.
Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by ganisucks(f): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
Can UK sanction a citizen of it's country?
The answer is no. Do not take the brits serious. They are trying to eat their cake and taste it. After clandestinely supporting Baba Lagos, they now want to weave their way into an Obi administration.
Re: Benedict Llewellyn-Jones Slams Femi Fani-Kayode by festacman(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram: America Is not Nigeria's friend - Gowon / Marketers Give Conditions For Exposing Those Behind Fuel Scarcity / Emeka Ihedioha Arrives London For Grand Reception Organised For Him. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.