Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana (27644 Views)

Presidential Poll: Abuja Can’t Be 37th State, Atiku, Obi Tell Supreme Court / Section 299 Of NIG Constitution Confirmed Abuja As 37th State / Geofrey Onyeama: Benin Republic Ready To Be Nigeria’s ‘37th State’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by famology(m): 10:41am On Mar 27, 2023
limeta:
If Abuja is a state
Who is the elected governor
A state do not have apointed minister
Abuja is not a state.

I'm sure you have never heard of the word metaphor before. Abuja is treated LIKE a state is different from Abuja is a state.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by GeneralPula: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2023
karnap:

Who then is the governor?

And the local government.

Why are we talking like we don't understand English

There is a reason the word AND was use.

I said before you will win a prize,brings me 5 white chicken and a goat.

You brings me 5 chicken, where is the goat to win the prize
From your analogy, if you didn’t add the goat, it means the goat is blank..

It’s same for FCT. If FCT isn’t added among states during elections, any votes that comes from FCT is a waste and won’t be counted by INEC..

So during elections, the same rule that applies for Lagos, Delta and every other states applies for FCT..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2023
onuman:

Abuja is special because that's where the president lives.
Therefore, to be welcome in Abuja, a president is expected to get permission from residents of Abuja through, at least 25% of votes from Abuja residents. That's what the writers of the constitution had in mind when they mentioned the 36 states AND Abuja.

A state has a governor. Abuja has no governor.

Washington DC is special also. POTUS lives there same as Buhari resides in Abuja. Ditto London where the Prime Minister lives and where Parliament sits and most MP's, similar to Nigerian legislators and Abuja, must have second homes in.

Do you see those Western nations, or even those in Africa, practising the backwardness Nigerians are supporting in 2023 because some are desperate for Obi to win?

The touted vote superiority or elitism of Abuja, with no similar seen worldwide, will be binned for good.

Whatever motivated those who proposed it, in the first place, is outdated and discredited today. It is a retrogressive consideration today that cannot be upheld. As simple as that.

Like trying, in 2023, to uphold pre-1950 laws in the USA that decreed black people could not vote when all around you worldwide have embraced progressive change.

Many ways to recognise Abuja's uniqueness that do not include openly discriminatory and throwback practices a single individual should not engage in let alone the biggest black nation on Earth that has a duty to lead by example.

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by moshino(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2023
N3TRAL:
There's no contention here. Even Atiku's and Obi's lead counsels know they have no case.

If we no ginger clients to file cases in court, how litigation lawyers go take chop?

ASIWAJU IS COMING !

You obviously did not read, nor understand what Femi Falana just said. Neither have you read, nor understood what section 134 of your constitution said.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by LKTJ123(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2023
Even if they come there’s no food for them grin

Himtulie247:
Very soon Dem go come to ASO ROCK for ....... Dinner with President BAT grin grin grin
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by LKTJ123(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2023
Wailers cheesy
moshino:

You obviously did not read, nor understand what Femi Falana just said. Neither have you read, nor understood what section 134 of your constitution said.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by CallmeTrinity: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2023
N3TRAL:
There's no contention here. Even Atiku's and Obi's lead counsels know they have no case.

If we no ginger clients to file cases in court, how litigation lawyers go take chop?

ASIWAJU IS COMING !

Omenka using his many accounts 😆
Are you no longer using LeoDeKing
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Skidooo(m): 10:47am On Mar 27, 2023
Abuja Municipal I know... No Abuja State.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by walefresh3(m): 10:47am On Mar 27, 2023
Dem no dey train Igbo children to respect but to hate and insult....

NO PRAY SAY IGBOS HATE YOU OOOO...

ONLY BUHARI CAN TESTIFY TO DIS... I DEY IMAGINE HOW THEIR Biafra GO BE...

NAA GOD SAFE SOUTHSOITH SAY DEM QUICKLY REJECT THAT FRAUD CONTRAPTION.... HAHAH I FEAR NYAMIRIS OOO DEY VAN HATE FOR AFRICA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by MightySparrow: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:
Abuja is not the 37th state...

Nigeria has 36 states and capital

Roadside lawyer.

A legal luminary has expressed his opinion. Your idea belongs to beer parlour.grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by famology(m): 10:50am On Mar 27, 2023
There's no controversy here, it's just that lawyers want to CHOP from obi and atiku. We don't have electoral college system in our constitution. All votes are equal in every part of Nigeria.

36 states and fct is different from 36 states and in the fct. I hope zombidients won't start insulting judges after their case is dismissed?

If I have 25percent in 23 states and need 1state more to make it 24,if I have 25perc in Abuja it can be added to make it 24 states for me thereby making me meet the qualification to be declared president. This is the intendment of that section of the constitution. People are just giving political interpretation to it just to suit their inclination.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by ogwumgbe: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2023
paymentvoucher:
It's you that is saying rubbish.

Section 299 of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
The provisions of this Constitution shall apply to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja as if it were one of the States of the Federation; and accordingly -

(a) all the legislative powers, the executive powers and the judicial powers vested in the House of Assembly, the Governor of a State and in the courts of a State shall, respectively, vest in the National Assembly, the President of the Federation and in the courts which by virtue of the foregoing provisions are courts established for the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja;

(b) all the powers referred to in paragraph (a) of this section shall be exercised in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution; and

(c) the provisions of this Constitution pertaining to the matters aforesaid shall be read with such modifications and adaptations as may be reasonably necessary to bring them into conformity with the provisions of this section.

No atom of twisting can change the fact that 25% is needed in Abuja also for someone to be declared winner. A state that doesn't have a governor? Is that what you call a state? A state which it's sole adminstrator is appointed and not elected? just go and sit down. FCT is Federal Capital territory and not FCT state,
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Bigchristo: 10:53am On Mar 27, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/26/votes-cast-in-all-parts-of-nigeria-are-equal-abuja-taken-as-37th-state-says-falana/
Femi Falana will be bashed for making a falsehood out of the explanation, FCT is never treated as a state that’s why they made it compulsory to get 25% votes from there before you can become a president it has never happened in the history of Nigeria elections for a candidate to lose FCT n still be declared winner

It’s just like WAEC making maths n English compulsory for a student to get at least a pass or credit before they can be admitted into school with the results we all should stop being biased towards our own national issues nobody is above the laws of this country in as much as we want our own tribal people to be in power let’s not forget that there are laws that guild us as a nation

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by karnap(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2023
GeneralPula:

From your analogy, if you didn’t add the goat, it means the goat is blank..

It’s same for FCT. If FCT isn’t added among states during elections, any votes that comes from FCT is a waste and won’t be counted by INEC..

So during elections, the same rule that applies for Lagos, Delta and every other states applies for FCT..

What.would.now happen....because many didn't understand this which is going. To.be issues on the streets
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by paymentvoucher: 10:56am On Mar 27, 2023
I am coming back to this comment after the court ruling by then you will understand that FCT is a state when it comes to Election. grin grin grin grin grin grin
ogwumgbe:

No atom of twisting can change the fact that 25% is needed in Abuja also for someone to be declared winner. A state that doesn't have a governor? Is that what you call a state? A state which it's sole adminstrator is appointed and not elected? just go and sit down. FCT is Federal Capital territory and not FCT state,
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by TheATM: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:
Abuja is not the 37th state...

Nigeria has 36 states and capital
This is what the constitution says,go and verify as your Master used to say.Section 134 sub-section 1 (b) of the 1999 Constitution states that a winner of a presidential election must not have less than one-quarter of the votes cast at the election in each of at least two-thirds of all the states in the federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Dagenius53: 11:00am On Mar 27, 2023
I don't know why they should give such power to fct to decide who the president will be in Nigeria, then we should all move to fct.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Ebony2King: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2023
Tinubuwins2023e:

That is the father of Falz your so much adored Obidient celebrity. One thing I have come to realize about Obidafts is that they are so foolish in thinking and there brain is empty.

Oga read that stuff properly.... Falana was even talking in favour of Obi. Tinubu didn’t meet the required 25% for Abuja despite it being seen as a state constitutionally just as Falana said

U urchins have problem with comprehension 😂 😂
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 27, 2023
ogwumgbe:

Lol. We will witness your disgrace again as is always predictable when folks are as fundamental and extremist as you Obidullards are.

Courts will give clarification. Let us see how they will approve a retrogressive and discriminatory idea not seen anywhere else in the modern and democratic world today.

Perhaps you are ignorant of the fact the law often shows respect for progressive and established precedence in coming to a conclusion.

Let us see where the Courts can draw precedence worldwide for the ludicrous suggestion a Nation must be at an election impasse over voting in one of her geographical space alone as if such a place is full of superior voters.

You cannot see the obvious which is that perhaps Abuja alone should have voted on behalf of us all per the determination of who becomes President or not if the FCT has sole and exclusive right to be conclusive judge over the Nigerian Presidential election. Redundant garbage.

1 Like

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by barcaboi(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Why? Falana is entitled to his own personal opinion. Like I said in the thread I created, no leading presidential candidate has ever fallen short of the 25%. Tinubu has broken the record.

Even Falana has refused to comment further on it. Let's hear what the supreme court says.

Lol mehn picking at straws has a name
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by leketon: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2023
ProtectMyMoney:

Another Senior Agbero of Nigeria (SAN) Femi Falana interpreting rubbish..for many years, no Agbero has interpreted Abuja to be a 37th state because it cannot have a Governor.

Read section 299
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by udemzyudex(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2023
That's his own opinion just like every other lawyers that have made comments on this case.

The judges at the tribunal will give a stand on it.
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by leketon: 11:06am On Mar 27, 2023
limeta:
If Abuja is a state
Abuja is not a state.
SAN
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by leketon: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Why? Falana is entitled to his own personal opinion. Like I said in the thread I created, no leading presidential candidate has ever fallen short of the 25%. Tinubu has broken the record.

Even Falana has refused to comment further on it. Let's hear what the supreme court says.

SC has said it in 2003. It does not change stands.
Read Section 299
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by obedience4(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2023
Afamed:

Too many lazy youths in Nigeria.

Does Washington DC, the US capital have a gov? NO

What you have in Washington DC is elected Major just like the elected Senator in FCT

Don't agure with fools,

Una too lazy for that una side.

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Amoo89: 11:12am On Mar 27, 2023
limeta:
If Abuja is a state
Abuja is not a state.

Because no be naira them dey spend there and anyone in Abuja has four legs and two heads
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by bibiking7(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2023

Saying that the 25 percent win in ABJ is mandatory means that you are saying that the vote of abuja residents are more important than every other person's vote.
There is a judgement already on this matter I think.

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by MrApcLimited: 11:16am On Mar 27, 2023
Have you painted or repainted your apartments,offices and buildings yet?

Call or WhatsApp Ultimate Coat now. Guaranteed to delivering quality paints. Check profile for contacts

Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by Omobalo67: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2023
Brendaniel:

Like I said you guys don't pay attention to details, if FCT was regarded a state, they wouldn't need to write it, go and read the constitution, anywhere they write in all the states, they will include and the FCT, Abuja.

Because the constitution does not see Abuja as a state, so if it is not included in writing, then it has automatically been excluded from any benefits the states are getting, ask yourself why Abuja is the only location that is written in that constitution, the constitution did not even specify the number of states either, it just said all the states, if Abuja was considered a state, they wouldn't need to write and the FCT, Abuja again.

It is like a man who has five boys and a girl, and he says share my money among all the boys and the girl, can you say because he included the girl to be given something from his money then she has automatically become a boy by that virtue?

No she remains a girl, the man knows that if he says share among all the boys then the girl automatically has lost out if he is not specific to include the girl, but does that change the status of that girl to a boy?

And the girl is not one of the children as a universal set?
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2023
NothingDoMe:

Ina go wail tire.. maybe tinubu should hand over to Obi cos he didn't get 25 percent in Igboland too... When supreme Court finally settle the case I know say na Insult Ina go Insult supreme Court Justices...
Re: Votes Cast In All Parts Of Nigeria Are Equal, Abuja Taken As 37th State - Falana by southsouthman: 11:21am On Mar 27, 2023
raskymonojendor:
Obidients won't like this news. I am sure they would say Falana has been bribed by Tinubu grin
. Obidients won't like this because we are sane people unlike the BATist. For anybody who went to school and even the international communities know that Nigeria has only 36 states and not 37. It is on the deranged that will believe that Nigeria now has 37 states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Mass Resignation Of Kogi State Political Appointees Imminent / IPOB Sit-at-home: Total Failure In Ebonyi / Buhari Declares Zamfara No Fly-zone, Bans Mining Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.