Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan (4374 Views)

2023: Those Asking Us To Leave Lagos Are They Originally From Lagos? Mr Macaroni / We Are Done With Wike,We are Now Moving To Bring Osinbajo And Amechi To PDP. / Most Okada Riders In Lagos Are Criminals- Police Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by maintenant: 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
spagettiluv:
ibeju lekki is now expansion of Igbo land.
Planning to buy one there soon,we would keep buying while they keep envying our success.
We bought ikota,we dominate alimosho,eti osa and other Behind places while they hate.
Bunch of lazy,coward people
Tue
Are you actually Igbo because these trash you are writing is utterly unnecessary...

I am a full-blooded Igboman who has been in Lagos approaching two decades...

There are so many fantastic Yoruba people here even when there are tons of unbearable ones who wear tribalism like a badge of honour...

The ethnic shaming is least expected from a civilised person...

Let there be harmony among the nationalities...

There are so many things Igbos can learn from Yorubas and vice versa...

Tinubu doesn't represent Yoruba worldview...
Dele Farotimi is a Yorubaman, Pa Ayo Adebanjo and the rest are wonderful humans...

Look beyond the likes of Tinubu who has never hidden his hatred of the Igbos and see other great people of the South West who believe in justice, equity and fairness...

All hopes are not yet lost for Nigeria...
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Scarcity234: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Governor of a State can revoke the C of Os at any time

Gov Wike and El Rufai do it all the time to their Opponents

Once Crime can be linked to a Property it is legal to revoke it’s C of O

You guys talk before you think

.Lagos is about to repossess all lands Purchased with drug , Prostitution Rings, Fake Drugs , Baby Factory or fraud money with the help of Interpol ,Police, NDLEA and DSS

The Governor needs to Protect his People and Make sure Lagos is not used to Launder the Proceeds of Crime
And what happens to the properties acquired through drug money by your lord Tinubu?

His will be retained?

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Scarcity234: 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2023
spagettiluv:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
You probably didn’t detect sarcasm in all my comments on this thread .
That spartaoflagos/spatialking is same as princeoflagos.the idiot is a f00ls who might not even knw the road that leads to Lagos,or probably those noisy gala and fanyogo seller who run after our cars to sells to our kids in oshodi traffic.
These thread will actually open eyes of some Yorubas selling lands/properties to these ingrates in Lagos or other yorubaland.if you wanna sell,sell to your fellow yoruba man who are in need of it.
I think the government should do something about these bale/baales selling lands to those ingrate foreigners(Canada as a case study).
Unfortunately, the Yoruba's can't buy the properties. You know the reason...
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Christistruth03: 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2023
Scarcity234:

And what happens to the properties acquired through drug money by your lord Tinubu?

His will be retained?

All Properties obtained by fraud and Drug Money can be demolished by LASG

State Government has the right to Demolish them once the C of O is revoked

But they can give the Owner the chance to Demolish it himself

Even Peter Obi Demolished Properties linked to Serious Crime or Crime money

2 Likes

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by orisa37: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
YOU WILL SOON BE ARRESTED FOR STARTING VIOLENCE WITH YOUR FAKE NEWS.

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 2:42pm On Mar 27, 2023
In my locale, it's more of them selling to my tribesmen and relocating to their indigenous hometowns, especially the elderly. And it's a big cashout for them. Imagine selling quarter plot with a hastily built structure for close to 2 million; then going back home to get a free land and build yourself a small simple retirement home 😎

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2023
Christistruth03:
The Governor needs to Protect his People and Make sure Lagos is not used to Launder the Proceeds of Crime

I don't think Sanwo Olu can do that to Tinubu πŸ€”
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Christistruth03: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

I don't think Sanwo Olu can do that to Tinubu πŸ€”

Not Tinubu any Lagos Property linked to Serious Crime in the last 10 years

Sanwo Olu should revoke their C of Os and demolish them

Just like Peter Obi was doing in Anambra when he was Governor

Especially Properties of Drug Dealers, Fraudsters , Fake Drugs Merchants and Kidnappers

LASG should liase with Interpol Malaysia South Africa US UK etc to get the Identities

Of international Criminals with Properties in Lagos

Cc LegendHero

Property obtained through honest hard work or Business should be left in Peace

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by SpartaOfLagos: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:
In my locale, it's more of them selling to my tribesmen and relocate to their indigenous hometowns, especially the elderly. And it's a big cashout for them. Imagine selling quarter plot with a hastily built structure for close to 2 million; then going back home to get a free land and build yourself a small simple retirement home 😎
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2023
Christistruth03:

Not Tinubu any Lagos Property linked to Serious Crime in the last 10 years

If I get you correctly, any proceeds of crime that is older than 10 years should be forgotten? And by not Tinubu, you mean he is immune from demolition even if it's crime proceeds?

And here I was thinking Christ is truth πŸ€”

3 Likes

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by BombAttack(f): 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
CodeTemplar:
You are right, but what business are the Igbos actually doing that's making them so prosperous?

For every one parcel of drug bursted, 19 others went through and that's your answer to the question. Make no mistakes about my point, there are Yoruba drug traffickers too but they are few in numbers compared and less crazy about Lagos landlordship. The north eats from ND oil well directly and access is by spiritual politics of soul donations so make no mistakes here.
Nigeria is one big crime scene in a concrete jungle.

You can't even afford a plot of land anywhere in Lagos and you are here making noise.

Igbos and other tribes will keep buying up every available land and old dilapidated building and turn them to mansions.

In 10 years to come, all Yorubas won't be able to rent a room in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by spagettiluv: 3:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
Scarcity234:

Unfortunately, the Yoruba's can't buy the properties. You know the reason...
according to statistics from radiobiafra fm, β€œ99.9% of Yorubas are poor and can’t afford to buy houses in Lagos anymore,only ibos can afford”
Poorman,Stop listening to radio biafra on you old transistor radio.

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by spagettiluv: 3:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
BombAttack:

You can't even afford a plot of land anywhere in Lagos and you are here making noise.

Igbos and other tribes will keep buying up every available land and old dilapidated building and turn them to mansions.

stop listening to Lies your uncle tells you when he come village for Christmas.

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Christistruth03: 3:13pm On Mar 27, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

If I get you correctly, any proceeds of crime that is older than 10 years should be forgotten? And by not Tinubu, you mean he is immune from demolition even if it's crime proceeds?

And here I was thinking Christ is truth πŸ€”

The Govt should concentrate on the Last 10 years so it is not overwhelmed with Cases
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
Seun Osewa won't see this provocation now. He would soon be disturbing Nairaland with his apology letter grin

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 3:27pm On Mar 27, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Govt should concentrate on the Last 10 years so it is not overwhelmed with Cases

The Govt might as well start from this year onwards so they don't have to bother about being overwhelmed with cases.
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:
Seun Osewa won't see this provocation now. He would soon be disturbing Nairaland with his apology letter grin

What do you mean provocation? What he's saying is facts.

Behind my house is a stretch of about 10 houses (quarter plots to be precise) on 1,300 metre square of land. 4 of those houses now have new owners. The tribe of the seller's and that of the buyers is your guess as much as it is mine.

The topic is unnecessary per se as there is no long term goals to be achieved but it is not further from the truth.
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Christistruth03: 3:41pm On Mar 27, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

The Govt might as well start from this year onwards so they don't have to bother about being overwhelmed with cases.

The last 10 years won't overwhelm them and will get most Criminals still in operation

Peter Obi had the right idea when he was revoking their C of Os and demolishing their Properties
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2023
Christistruth03:

The last 10 years won't overwhelm them and will get most Criminals still in operation

So, like how many crime syndicates started in Lagos within the past 10 years?
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

What do you mean provocation? What he's saying is facts.

Behind my house is a stretch of about 10 houses (quarter plots to be precise) on 1,300 metre square of land. 4 of those houses now have new owners. The tribe of the seller's and that of the buyers is your guess as much as it is mine.

The topic is unnecessary per se as there is no long term goals to be achieved but it is not further from the truth.

What fact, that Igbos are crying that Lagos landlord are not renting houses to them. For every one igbo landlord, there would be 20 Yoruba landlords.

The Yoruba are the dominant ethnic group and would continue to be so for the next 1000 years. Because you have Nigerians in London buying properties or any other thing you can think of doesn't mean the White British are not more in numbers.

There are more than 250 ethnic groups represented in Lagos, however, including the Hausa, Igbo, and Fulani. Small minorities of American, British, East Indian, Chinese, Greek, Syrian, Lebanese. Banana island was developed by lebanese people, but you won't hear them bragging.

I don't know what water they give you people to drink in Alaigbo that makes you people boastful. When the owners of Lagos start flogging you on election day, you would be the first to scream that Yorubas are discriminatimg against your tribe as if Igbos are the only tribe in Lagos grin

2 Likes

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

What fact, that Igbos are crying that Lagos landlord are not renting houses to them.

Nope. Fact that Yorubas are selling their properties to Igbos and relocating to their indigenous hometowns elsewhere as Lagos is becoming more and more expensive to live in.
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Ibrahimcoomasie: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
DeTribalisedCit:

Nope. Fact that Yorubas are selling their properties to Igbos and relocating to their indigenous hometowns elsewhere as Lagos is becoming more and more expensive to live in.
Fake news that Igbos make up to massage their own ego. Where did the OP get his stats from?

I don't know of any Yoruba lagosian that sold their home to relocate to any other place.

Whereas Igbos are the one creating funny thread all over Nairaland about how they are being denied places to rent by Yoruba landlord in Lagos.grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by CodeTemplar: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
BombAttack:

I have heard you loud and clear Mr. WafarianAkpako.
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by DeTribalisedCit: 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2023
Ibrahimcoomasie:

I don't know of any Yoruba lagosian that sold their home to relocate to any other place.

End of discussion.

1. You're not well travelled to know.

2. The thread said 'Yorubas in Lagos', not 'Lagosians'. You're barking up the wrong tree.
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by SpartaOfLagos: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Nice one
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by BombAttack(f): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2023
spagettiluv:
stop listening to Lies your uncle tells you when he come village for Christmas.

Can you live in Banana Island or Lekki just to mention a few.

Even Agege, Papa- Ashafa where Obasa speaker of the house is from.

Go to Eleko, where the new refinary is, Igbos have bought everywhere.

Go to Epe, visit Sangotedo or Awoyaya.

Most of the old dilapidated buildings are been massively bought by Igbos and other tribes.

I speak with facts.
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by honeyB2018: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
So many yorubas that used to live in Lagos are now moving to Ogun state and Ibadan because they got broke and sold there houses and lands to Igbos and didn't plan well with the money so they became broke and moved to Ogun state , Ibadan and Ondo states.

The Igbos are buying up everywhere in Lagos and with the way things are going in this Lagos, Igbo man will be governor of Lagos someday because the yorubas are leaving Lagos in large numbers everyday because they could not compete with the young money bags of Igbo origin .

If you're a Yoruba man or woman in Lagos , ask yourself that how many Yoruba are living in posh areas and could pay rent comfortably in this Lagos ?

Yorubas are selling up there lands to the igbos and moving out of Lagos permanently to Ogun state and Ibadan .

Some of you, sometimes wake up to post nonsense, because data is now cheap.
What Sense does this post make?
Are the IGBOS the only tribe in Lagos State, buying up properties?
Go to Agege, Idi- Araba, Ilemba in Ajangbadi, Okokomaiko, Alaba Arago and see lands bought up by the Hausa/ Fulani in Lagos State.
Someone has his property, and has need for money and sold it, you are now blaming the seller and the buyer.
When the seller had financial needs, why were you not there, to help him?
Was a gun put at any Yoruba man's neck to sell the land?
Your post is senseless.

1 Like

Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by tundeblack: 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
I've got acres of land at ibeju agbe for sale. Every tribe is not exempted 09043383280
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by nairalandankrah: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2023
i feel for us... i mean we yorubas
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by SpartaOfLagos: 7:31pm On Mar 27, 2023
nairalandankrah:
i feel for us... i mean we yorubas
Selling their lands is good business πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
Re: Many Yoruba In Lagos Are Now Moving To Ogun State And Ibadan by Makavelli001: 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2023
Some eboes are very foolish. You are boasting of buying of another person land , u forget that charity begins at home.
How many yorubas own estates in the south east? They don't because they know that a religious or ethnic was may happen one day and they have to leave any of their property and flee back to their zone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Can't Igbos Support This Man For Presidency? / Opponents Of National Conference, Enemies Of Nigeria – Aregbesola. / 62 Killed Yersterday Pix Jungle Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.