Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League (27803 Views)

Ronaldo Nazario Picked Greatest Ever XI, Ft Messi, Maradona, Pele & Ronaldinho / Eto'o Dismisses Diouf And Drogba Claims To Be Greatest Ever African Player / Wenger Picks Kanu As His Greatest-ever Arsenal January Signing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Jeffy1206(m): 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
I'll go with my hero Drogbaaa!!!!! wink
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by putin2: 1:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Kanu
Drogba
Mo

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Lovelife433(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mikel Obi. U can go to court If u are confused.
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Ameoba300: 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
It will be Drogba for me! He was absolutely phenomenal — how does a single player carry a full team ok its back! and not only does he do that, he then clinches several trophies for them!

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by hustla(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Not a Chelsea fan, but Didier Drogba in my own opinion is the greatest....

Coming close are Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Kanu Nwankwo.

He did not just represent Ivory Coast in the EPL, he represented the whole of Africa....

Nonsense LOL
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Reference(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2023
This is not a question.
It's Didier Drogba by a country mile. He symbolised all what the Premiership was about at Chelsea, the pomp, the drama and the personas and then he won it all...and left on a high.

In recent times it has to be the Egyptian Prince, Moh Salah. Record breaker in almost every significance. But his present trajectory is a bit worrying. Seems to have lost his glass cleats in this Mersyside Cinderella caper.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Tonytonex(m): 1:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
DD

Drogba oh. Anytime any day.
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Lithiumite: 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
fredoooooo:

Bro , I will choose mikel over everyone in Chelsea, he won everything in Chelsea.. I will promote mine firwt before anyoneor anything.
Is Grealiah or Maguire worth the amount on them?
Anyway .. thats my listc, you can list yours...THANK YOU
You will push your compatriot against others who have done far better,where is merit in your opinion?

All those mentioned were and are all great Sportsmen that deserves to seat on same table with the best around the world but we need to be objective when we are trying to choose the best of them
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Enskynelson(m): 1:57pm On Mar 27, 2023
Dr. Ogba

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by bluefilm: 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2023
Unarguably Didier Drogba!

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Tonytonex(m): 1:58pm On Mar 27, 2023
hustla:

Nonsense LOL
sharap. He made a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by PerfectMan24: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
The list is incomplete without mentioning George Weah the Current Liberia President.
He won 1995 Ballon d'Or.
He also played premiere league side Chelsea & Manchester City in the year 2000
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Josbreed: 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Where is George Weah and Animashaun?
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by yomi531(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
Salah
Drogba
Yaya Toure
Mane
Mahrez
KANU
Adebayor
Essien
Okocha
Radebe
Grobbelaar.
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by bentenny(m): 1:59pm On Mar 27, 2023
For me,its a straight fight between Didier Drogba,Mohammed Salah and Sadio Mane!
My choices are based on no of assists,no of goals,consistency,disciplinary conduct,importance/influence to the team and the trophies that they won for their respective team!
It will be unfair to choose just one of them!
They are to me the greatest players that adequately represented Africa in the EPL!
My opinion though!
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Adeleketj: 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2023
Who else but salah!!!

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Gboom: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
Without prejudice, Mo Sallah is more consistent than any other African player year in year out in terms of goal scoring, which is the ultimate of the game, he has not scored less than 20 goals per season since he joined Liverpool, and he has won laurels also.

1 Like

Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by abobote: 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2023
Drogba
Salah
Yaya Touré
Sadio Mane
Kanu
Kolo Toure
Michael Essien
Mikel Obi
Adebayor
Diouf
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by abobote: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2023
Josbreed:
Where is George Weah and Animashaun?
We are talking about premier league
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by naptu2: 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
larrymoore:
Babayaro did not make the list ?

PerfectMan24:
The list is incomplete without mentioning George Weah the Current Liberia President.
He won 1995 Ballon d'Or.

There are quite a few people that are missing from the list and this is the first person that comes to my mind. This guy scored goals like crazy at the beginning of the Premier League. He scored a huge number of goals for Norwich and Wimbledon.

Nigeria's Efan Ekoku

Everton 1 Norwich 5 - 25 September 1993 (4 goals by Efan Ekoku)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5VGF2l-ZCU
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by mayor1814: 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2023
AustineCJ:
tell me what Drogba did in EPL that Mo Salah didn’t do and even more ... ?

Drogba exudes more greatness than Salah. Drogba is the best African player to ever played in EPL.
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by IdokoGreen: 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2023
I don't know
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Obiebanks007(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
JasonScoolari:
Not a Chelsea fan, but Didier Drogba in my own opinion is the greatest....

Coming close are Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Kanu Nwankwo.

He did not just represent Ivory Coast in the EPL, he represented the whole of Africa....

Same thought for me 2,
Cos he practically made a great influence....same as the toure brothers /Yaya & kolo/
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by abobote: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
PerfectMan24:
He won 1995 Ballon d'Or.
His best football was in Serie A. AC Milan
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by bentenny(m): 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2023
Roon9:
Drogba
Salah
MANE
Yakubu
grin
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Demmy03: 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mo salah is the greatest.he has done what no other African could do in epl..he became the highest goal scorer of all time in short in just five to six seasons..top scorer twice and joint scorer once.win assist leader the season he broke the record of 32 goals in a season,he had 21 assist that season..won ucl,epl,fa,carling,salah has played in three ucl finals..
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Louise229: 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
melonsgroup:
Drogbaaaaaaaaaa
What of Samuel eto Cameron
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by baritereign24(m): 2:06pm On Mar 27, 2023
King Didier drogba
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
Mo Salah and Drogba
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by otuomasirichi: 2:08pm On Mar 27, 2023
what about Etoo of Cameroon
For me, Etoo Phils is the greatest African footballer undecided
Re: Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League by Dingdongbells(m): 2:10pm On Mar 27, 2023
Didier Drogba. Undisputed Great. He won everything with Chelsea. Very humble, hardworking, team player and African ambassador.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Melissa Krott: Henry Onyekuru Fails To Pay Child Support - Baby Mama Accuses / Igbo Arsenal Fan Upset With Arsenal After Efe Bbnaija Win(pics,videos) / Allen Onyema Presents ₦20 Million Cheque To The Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.